YES!!!!

Carola,
WooooooooooooooHooooooooo!!! I have faithfully been following your journey and am so very very happy for you! What an amazing feeling to know you are not only triumphant but you are so awesome you'll be a :eek:CASE STUDY:eek:!

I am so incredibly happy for you and your family and women across the world who will benefit from all you have been willing to share.

Continued excellent health & joy each day!

Carola..you are the true meaning of a WARRIOR in my book. :cool:

Thank you for inspiring me with your strength and courage.

I'm just so HAPPY for you and your family. :):):):):):):)

CONGRATULATIONS .. WOW that is just awesome news .. keep up the good work and positive strong vibes!!! :)

If nothing else, I knew you could probably logically argue it to death. :p

MC

Who ME????:D :eek: ROTFLMAO!! You sound like my DH :D

Wow I am really touched by getting so many responses and your kindness. I really don't know what to say! Thanks you guys!!

I don't want to put a damper on everyone's excitement but unfortunately this doesn't mean that I have beat this or that I am "cured", it's one step (a big step though :D) in a journey of a thousand miles. It's a great result for now but it still is possible that in 6 months, 1 year or 5 years from now I light up like a christmas tree in a PETscan. They will be repeating the blood tests every few months.

This disease is really unpredictable and unfortunately technology is not that far that they could detect micro-metastasis yet. I don't know that there ever will be a day where I really can say that I am cured. That being said though, cancer cells are present of every one of us, in general our immune system takes care of that and destroys the cancerous cells. Somewhere in the process my immune system either didn't detect the cells or was too weak to repair the damage.

Which is one of the reasons why I decided that boosting my immune system as a treatment plan sounded a lot more logical :eek: than depleting it even more with what was offered by conventional medicine.

The diet changes that I made probably will upset some of the people here because it involves limiting the intake of animal protein and instead eat mainly plant based. This is based on research that has been done which is mentioned in the book "The China Study" where they injected test animals with the carcinogen aflatoxin, confirmed the development of cancer and then fed different groups different ratios of animal protein. The ones that were fed less than 10 % of animal protein were the ones that survived the cancer. It was fascinating because they were able to turn the cancer development on and off based on what they fed. The content of the book is mindboggling but it is based on sound science and research.

Over the past few weeks I have been eating about 70 -80 % raw and plant-based. Animal protein is limited to 2 to 3 oz of fish or seafood 2 to 3 times a week, organic poultry in very limited amounts, whey and egg protein in limited amounts. I just added Hemp protein and really like it. I have cut out most dairy products, no milk at all but I will eat a few tablespoons of Fage yogurt every couple of days - no one takes away my Greek yogurt without risking serious injury :eek::rolleyes:

My diet is unlimited amounts of fruits and vegetables plus nuts, grains, legumes, olive or pumpkinseed oil, plant-based protein and very limited amounts of animal based foods.
All of my supplements are either given to booste my immune system or to address a specific deficiency or insufficiency of vitamins as found in blood tests (in my case vitamin D and CoQ10) and they are all whole food based supplements, no isolated artificial nutrients/vitamins.

I drink about 5 to 8 cups of green tea every day, plus herbal tea and plenty of water. I have one large fresh veggie juice every day, usually cilantro, ginger, parsley, broccoli, kale, carrots, apple and whatever else I have available or what is in season.

Plus since I also refused to go on Tamoxifen (yeah, I know I am every conventional doctor's dream - ummmh not) to block estrogen we added 3 to 4 Tbsp. of ground flax seed per day.

So a typical day will look like this

Pre-workout: Smoothie with hemp protein, paleo greens, berries, banana, flax seeds

Breakfast: Fresh cranberry/lemon juice with water, oatmeal, Fage yogurt, flaxseeds, berries or other fruit, green tea

Snack: Green smoothie

Lunch: Large salad, fresh veggie juice

Snack: Handful of nuts, trail mix or nut/date bar plus fruit

Dinner: Steamed vegetables, grains, legumes (or fish), salad

I am never hungry, don't think about food all the time anymore and just overall feel much healthier.

I am trying to transistion DH and my kids but it is really difficult for my farm boy husband to buy into this no milk and limited animal protein stuff. My kids have always been eating salad and veggies but it is really hard my older son is at an age where he just wants to go with the flow and I have to balance a healthy lunch that doesn't look too different from what the others are eating so the other kids don't tease him :(

Last edited:
Who ME????:D :eek: ROTFLMAO!! You sound like my DH :D

Wow I am really touched by getting so many responses and your kindness. I really don't know what to say! Thanks you guys!!

I don't want to put a damper on everyone's excitement but unfortunately this doesn't mean that I have beat this or that I am "cured", it's one step (a big step though :D) in a journey of a thousand miles. It's a great result for now but it still is possible that in 6 months, 1 year or 5 years from now I light up like a christmas tree in a PETscan. They will be repeating the blood tests every few months.

This disease is really unpredictable and unfortunately technology is not that far that they could detect micro-metastasis yet. I don't know that there ever will be a day where I really can say that I am cured. That being said though, cancer cells are present of every one of us, in general our immune system takes care of that and destroys the cancerous cells. Somewhere in the process my immune system either didn't detect the cells or was too weak to repair the damage.

Which is one of the reasons why I decided that boosting my immune system as a treatment plan sounded a lot more logical :eek: than depleting it even more with what was offered by conventional medicine.

The diet changes that I made probably will upset some of the people here because it involves limiting the intake of animal protein and instead eat mainly plant based. This is based on research that has been done which is mentioned in the book "The China Study" where they injected test animals with the carcinogen aflatoxin, confirmed the development of cancer and then fed different groups different ratios of animal protein. The ones that were fed less than 10 % of animal protein were the ones that survived the cancer. It was fascinating because they were able to turn the cancer development on and off based on what they fed. The content of the book is mindboggling but it is based on sound science and research.

Over the past few weeks I have been eating about 70 -80 % raw and plant-based. Animal protein is limited to 2 to 3 oz of fish or seafood 2 to 3 times a week, organic poultry in very limited amounts, whey and egg protein in limited amounts. I just added Hemp protein and really like it. I have cut out most dairy products, no milk at all but I will eat a few tablespoons of Fage yogurt every couple of days - no one takes away my Greek yogurt without risking serious injury :eek::rolleyes:

My diet is unlimited amounts of fruits and vegetables plus nuts, grains, legumes, olive or pumpkinseed oil, plant-based protein and very limited amounts of animal based foods.
All of my supplements are either given to booste my immune system or to address a specific deficiency or insufficiency of vitamins as found in blood tests (in my case vitamin D and CoQ10) and they are all whole food based supplements, no isolated artificial nutrients/vitamins.

I drink about 5 to 8 cups of green tea every day, plus herbal tea and plenty of water. I have one large fresh veggie juice every day, usually cilantro, ginger, parsley, broccoli, kale, carrots, apple and whatever else I have available or what is in season.

Plus since I also refused to go on Tamoxifen (yeah, I know I am every conventional doctor's dream - ummmh not) to block estrogen we added 3 to 4 Tbsp. of ground flax seed per day.

So a typical day will look like this

Pre-workout: Smoothie with hemp protein, paleo greens, berries, banana, flax seeds

Breakfast: Fresh cranberry/lemon juice with water, oatmeal, Fage yogurt, flaxseeds, berries or other fruit, green tea

Snack: Green smoothie

Lunch: Large salad, fresh veggie juice

Snack: Handful of nuts, trail mix or nut/date bar plus fruit

Dinner: Steamed vegetables, grains, legumes (or fish), salad

I am never hungry, don't think about food all the time anymore and just overall feel much healthier.

I am trying to transistion DH and my kids but it is really difficult for my farm boy husband to buy into this no milk and limited animal protein stuff. My kids have always been eating salad and veggies but it is really hard my older son is at an age where he just wants to go with the flow and I have to balance a healthy lunch that doesn't look too different from what the others are eating so the other kids don't tease him :(

Congratulations Carola, that is great news.

This is so interesting! I ran into this couple at a playground several weeks ago, and we got to talking about how my kid is sick all the time, and they got to talking about how their two kids are never sick, and it's because they eat mostly animal protein and very little carbs. He told me how fruit is horrible for the liver and body (I suspect he got this from studies that show that overload of fructose is bad, but those studies don't show whole fruit is just plain bad for you/your waistline). The guy was throwing study after study at me about how cancer patients who eat very low carbohydrate diets with much higher animal protein are healed. I wish I could remember where he got that from! He said he eats 80% animal protein/fats or something. Sounded so crazy!

Congratulations Carola, that is great news.

This is so interesting! I ran into this couple at a playground several weeks ago, and we got to talking about how my kid is sick all the time, and they got to talking about how their two kids are never sick, and it's because they eat mostly animal protein and very little carbs. He told me how fruit is horrible for the liver and body (I suspect he got this from studies that show that overload of fructose is bad, but those studies don't show whole fruit is just plain bad for you/your waistline). The guy was throwing study after study at me about how cancer patients who eat very low carbohydrate diets with much higher animal protein are healed. I wish I could remember where he got that from! He said he eats 80% animal protein/fats or something. Sounded so crazy!

It does sound crazy! I'd really be curious to see those studies and who did them. I know the dairy association and cattle farmer association are quite busy doing "research" and studies to benefit their own agenda. I am not aware of any legitimate study by a reputable researcher that shows that high animal protein intake is good for our health.

I am not a researcher by any means. I just have to wonder if you go on a diet like Atkins, SouthBeach or any other low-carb diet why do they recommend to take additional vitamins, fibre, etc. If those diets are so healthy and complete why do you have to supplement so heavily? Obviouisly something is missing!?

I have done both, Atkins and SouthBeach, several years ago. I felt horrible on both! I did Atkins by the book but my energy went in the toilet to the point where I couldn't do my workouts anymore. I had to get off and gained back all the weight I had lost and then some, plus after that I was struggling with recurring colds for several months, couldn't get rid of it. When the SouthBeach Diet came out, I still hadn't learned my lesson and I thought it was more moderate, curiously, exactly the same thing that happened with Atkins happened yet again with SouthBeach. Now I am not a researcher but I would say that there may be some correlation.

I think I am more of a everything in moderation is fine kind of girl. What I have found though is those people who were diagnosed with cancer, the ones who beat the odds were the ones who changed their diets and lifestyle. Not a single one of them was on high protein diets, all of them cut down on their animal protein intake and increased plant based foods. I

My grandmother was a prime example for that. She was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer, she had surgery and complementary (alternative and conventional treatment) treatment, including dietary changes and her cancer went into remission for 6 or 7 years. Unfortunately she didn't stick with what she'd learned and eventually fell back into her previous dietary pattern, the cancer returned and killed her.

If I hadn't been diagnosed with cancer I am not sure that I would have made such drastic changes. I don't think there is any drawback in increasing my vitamin and fibre intake from fruit and veggies but there is a risk to animal based products, even if it is only the additional hormones and antibiotics in most of the dairy products and meats. I think for someone who is healthy there may not be a reason to so drastically change their diet.

I just know that I feel like a totally different person but everyone has to decide what they believe and what works for them. I am not here to tell people how to eat, what choices to make and how to lead their lives. But I am telling you, those wrinkles gone is pretty nice. I guess the cancer was good for something after all :eek: - I changed my diet and got rid of my wrinkles :D

About the missing nutrients...that is exactly what I asked the guy...of course he had answer after answer.

I think your new way of eating sounds very healthy, and I hope it works wonders for you.

I also can't do very low carb (lower than about 40-50% of total calories). I end up feeling like I'm starving all the time and I don't have a lot of energy. I need my healthy carbs, people. :D In moderation, of course.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.