Why is it every time

I get what you are saying! I think that we all are just so excited when Cathe announces a new series that we just want to talk about it. So, we start asking all the questions that you posted in your original post. I think it's pretty innocent and people don't expect Cathe to change her workouts (at least I don't think so), but we want to talk about the new series and the questions in your original post are how we are doing that, KWIM?

I've thought of another something to add to this.

I would rather a good quality exercise dvd (which we already know we will get) but without all the high production costs in order to keep the price of the dvd down. Especially in the economic climate we are in today.

Karin, I do KWYM. However, i think sadly for some, the "fun" and excitement is lost and the posts get very serious and personal. Thats when it is no longer "all very innocent". And my overall impression is that most here, do expect Cathe to listen to their in put, thoughts and opinions. I don't have that expectation at all. Cathe knows what shes doing and can make great exercise workouts, without our help.

I remember all the hype that went along with STS. SNM's and Cathe minds were made up well and truly BEFORE those discussions. I betcha thats the same situation here.

Karin, I do KWYM. However, i think sadly for some, the "fun" and excitement is lost and the posts get very serious and personal. Thats when it is no longer "all very innocent". And my overall impression is that most here, do expect Cathe to listen to their in put, thoughts and opinions. I don't have that expectation at all. Cathe knows what shes doing and can make great exercise workouts, without our help.

I remember all the hype that went along with STS. SNM's and Cathe minds were made up well and truly BEFORE those discussions. I betcha thats the same situation here.

I 100% agree!!!

These forums here are without a doubt the nastiest. Some people here think they have a right to personally attack others.
WRONG!!
I'm sad that you feel this way. I have seen some posts that can get a little heated but for the most part I love coming here and just reading and posting opinions. I usually just ignore the mean ones. I think that no matter what forum you go to there will be an element of nastiness. :(

And my overall impression is that most here, do expect Cathe to listen to their in put, thoughts and opinions. I don't have that expectation at all. Cathe knows what shes doing and can make great exercise workouts, without our help.

I agree, Cathe knows what she's doing. I own all her workouts.:D However, I do believe she pays attention and considers all the input and suggestions.
I think this latest pre-sale is proof she looks at it all with serious consideration. Read the suggestion and idea threads. STS cardio is going to deliver a lot of hopes and wishes.

These forums here are without a doubt the nastiest. Some people here think they have a right to personally attack others.

i just want to mention that every moderated forum on the entire internet is like this. have you been to other forums? i'm on running & trailrunning forums - same thing. there are nasty people on every single forum that covers every single topic you can imagine. anonymity makes it easy to be mean and nasty. i'm sure 90% of the people posting nasty comments wouldn't have the guts to say it to a person's face.

ignore, delete, move on.

Well, my opinion is just that - an opinion. Everyone has one and I think it's okay for any business to ask the opinion of their consumers. Tney ARE the ones the company is marketing to anyway. I understand both side of this discussion. However, I, like probably many of you, am not a finess professional, so there are some things that I'm sure are not considered based on the safety, effectiveness, etc. of the suggestions and their relationship to what Cathe is trying to do with whatever is in the works at any particular moment (in this case, Shock Cardio). So, I believe that some of the input may be useful like style or choreography preferences and things like that.

I'm sure Cathe and her team know how to utilize the input from all of us who have input and the rest of us will just buy the product and see how it fits with our workout programs and goals.

So, those who want to give input, go for it! Those who don't - let's just sit back and see what comes our way!

Cathe announces a her new ideas for a dvd and pre orders etc ....... Theres this immediate discussions on modfiers, background exercisers, clothing, what film company, music and so on and so on? And the discussions go on and on.

Why? Whats it to us? .

Actually it works both ways. Every time Cathe announces a new series, folks start asking questions and throwing out suggestions...then other folks jump in and say 'Hey, Cathe knows what she is doing, just let her do it.'.

Frankly, it just wouldn't be a Cathe presale/preproduction without all of the requests, gripes about modifiers/no modifiers, music, who is going to be in it and so on. I've been on the Cathe boards since they opened in 2000 (I think, or was if 1999?) anyway, I've been around a long time like quite a lot of you...and if just wouldn't be Cathe without the debates.:)

my 2 cents

First, I just want to say it's great we have our own opinions and we can say them freely in AMERICA! I love this country!!

Second, I know Cathe and SNM want our opinions, hence it's own forum.

Third, although we all have our opinion, we need to use discretion when voicing them and when we do what reactions do we expect to receive. In my opinion, this posting was a legitimate opinion that also evoked harsh responses. It's up to us to stop it.

I just love Cathe's stuff. Period.

I totally agree with you. Cathe does the best programs ever.

I have to agree with what you are saying. I am certain Cathe is interested in what her fans like in an exercise routine and may take these comments into consideration when developing a new workout. However.......I, personally, don't put a lot of thought or energy into a product that is still being developed. I have complete confidence in Cathe and am certain that STS Shock Cardio will not disappoint. I can't wait for the finished product! Go Cathe!

First, I just want to say it's great we have our own opinions and we can say them freely in AMERICA! I love this country!!

Hey - some of us are Australian!

But yeah, instructors like Cathe, Amy and a few others have forums so we can provide feedback and tell them what we'd like in forthcoming workouts.

I'm hanging out for the MMA series - I bet it will be great!

If you don't ask, you won't get it. Cathe wants to produce things that sell, she CARES what others have to say. Not to sound snarky, but what does it matter to you if others discuss options/wants/dislikes? Sounds controlling to me.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.