Why is it every time

idream

Cathlete
Cathe announces a her new ideas for a dvd and pre orders etc ....... Theres this immediate discussions on modfiers, background exercisers, clothing, what film company, music and so on and so on? And the discussions go on and on.

Why? Whats it to us? I have no input at all into anything produced by Beachbody, Amy Bento, Jari Love and the list goes on to include ANY exercise DVD released onto the market. Why do we insist on sticking our noses into what Cathe does? When was the last time you all gave advice or opinion to Beach Body? Amy?

Let it go people. We will all buy the end product if its what we want. It makes no difference at all to any ONE of us, who Cathe uses as a background exerciser, or who produces the dvds, or are the male exerciers returning etc...... These issues have never ever come into consideration when I have purchased workout dvd made by ANYONE.

All I want is a good exercise dvd. Period.

Cathe announces a her new ideas for a dvd and pre orders etc ....... Theres this immediate discussions on modfiers, background exercisers, clothing, what film company, music and so on and so on? And the discussions go on and on.

Why? Whats it to us? I have no input at all into anything produced by Beachbody, Amy Bento, Jari Love and the list goes on to include ANY exercise DVD released onto the market. Why do we insist on sticking our noses into what Cathe does? When was the last time you all gave advice or opinion to Beach Body? Amy?

Let it go people. We will all buy the end product if its what we want. It makes no difference at all to any ONE of us, who Cathe uses as a background exerciser, or who produces the dvds, or are the male exerciers returning etc...... These issues have never ever come into consideration when I have purchased workout dvd made by ANYONE.

All I want is a good exercise dvd. Period.

Andrea, I love you.

A-Jock

I have to agree with what you are saying. I am certain Cathe is interested in what her fans like in an exercise routine and may take these comments into consideration when developing a new workout. However.......I, personally, don't put a lot of thought or energy into a product that is still being developed. I have complete confidence in Cathe and am certain that STS Shock Cardio will not disappoint. I can't wait for the finished product! Go Cathe!

Why? Whats it to us?

Well ... what's it to you if it's discussed? Not being snarky here. :)

Unless SNM operates differently than any other business in existence, it cares about what consumers think, want, feel and even demand.

If you have no particular demands for Cathe, you've just made SNM's job easier. For people who do want and need specific things and want to continue to grow with the product, there are forums to express opinions.

I'd think this would be about the easiest consumer research Cathe could do.

Cathe is interested in what her fans

Truthfully, I can't say that "fan" describes my relationship to Cathe or her products.

I certainly love them. But I'm a consumer. That may be what makes the difference between those who ask for things and those who trust her to know intuitively what works best for them. :)

Hmmm, I'm torn over this, I get your point, and I don't find the need to ask or contribute to the future of the dvds, but I think Cathe's relationship with her "followers" is very different than those of the other instructors you mentioned. So I'm curious, what else would people talk about on a board created for a product that is not out yet?

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but Beachbody, Amy, and Jari all have their own forums. They all have workout suggestion discussion threads. Beachbody takes it a step further and tests workouts with large groups of average people (not athletes) before they go into production and film the final product.
I think most companies encourage and need feedback from their consumers. From a business point of view, that is how you grow your business.

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but Beachbody, Amy, and Jari all have their own forums. They all have workout suggestion discussion threads. Beachbody takes it a step further and tests workouts with large groups of average people (not athletes) before they go into production and film the final product.
I think most companies encourage and need feedback from their consumers. From a business point of view, that is how you grow your business.
Yep, and Cathe, too, has a forum for suggestions so I don't think she minds the discussion. ;)

I would like to add, consumer feedback is not a one sided proposition. Many of us spend time promoting our favorite workouts on other forums. Enabling/encouraging sales. :D
I think it's fair we have voice. It's not meant to be an insult.

other forums i am on do ask for suggestions etc but nothing gets downright insulting as here. i can't tell you why, maybe b/c there is more ppl registered here hence you are bound to tick off a few more ppl who have no problems speaking up.

i think for the most part ppl have made their point in a proper manner but there are always a few apples in the bunch that will spoil it by being insulting not only to other forum members but cathe's crew or business and just not respect the fact somebody is voicing an opinion. don't let those speak for those of us who can see both sides but just wanted to voice what they think. i am pretty sure cathe and crew will weigh on the suggestions heavily and work it from there.have we really been disappointed yet? i haven't with her cardio so i let her do her thing!even if i don't care for it cathe dvds make great trade leverage to find something i would like. there are no losses for me here.

and also neither cathe or snm have made any mention of what they plan to do so everybody is up in arms for NOTHING.many are acting like cathe will take one side of the other and i doubt she will.

opinions are like a$$es, everybody has one :p just thought i throw that in since dh said it LOL

kassia

other forums i am on do ask for suggestions etc but nothing gets downright insulting as here. i can't tell you why, maybe b/c there is more ppl registered here hence you are bound to tick off a few more ppl who have no problems speaking up.

Most forums are moderated. When there are personal attacks, the moderator steps in. A lot of people complain about the personal attacks on this forum. It does get out of hand at times.

I do see your point,OTOH, Cathe did create this forum to deal with questions re: this series. It´s easy to take it one step further and make our desires known to her since many are accustomed to doing so on her video suggestion forum.

And I have to agree with Kassia that voicing opinions doesn´t need to go into attack mode!

I, too, see your point about the flaming. It's why I'm more of a lurker on this forum than a participant, never know what will set someone off :). However, I'm kind of impressed that what we asked for in the 'what's next DVD' forum is actually being implemented - especially the travel DVD ... (and sorry if I didn't get the name of the forum right).

After reading all of these responses, I have decided I am definitely more of a browser of these forums than a participant. My main concern is getting a good/tough workout that keeps me in shape. I have been and probably always will be happy with Cathe DVDs. Thanks for your hard work Cathe and team!

My point, overall, has been missed.

I have read other forums. Other forums want to know what type of workouts the consumer likes, dislikes, etc.... I don't believe they require input into which production company to use, what clothing to wear, to use so and so as a background exerciser, etc.... They will also use "test groups". Cathe doesn't use test groups so much. This issue has been discussed before and I'm not going to now.

These forums here are without a doubt the nastiest. Some people here think they have a right to personally attack others.
WRONG!!

Of course cathe is interested in the what the consumer wants. BUT seriously, the consumer wants a great EXERCISE WORKOUT DVD!!!!!! Well thats what I want. I've had some great workouts, that has had crappy background exercisers, awful clothing, modifiers etc.... BUT all that is superficial as long as the workout (which is really what I'M purchasing) is great. Its nice to have, the flash sets, the camera angles etc but not the overall requirement of buying a fitness dvd.

Cathe always produces a great product, always has. And she will again with or without any input from the gallery.

Good point made, that Cathe has created this thread to discuss the new DVDs.

Last edited:
Of course cathe is interested in the what the consumer wants. BUT seriously, the consumer wants a great EXERCISE WORKOUT DVD!!!!!! Well thats what I want. I've had some great workouts, that has had crappy background exercisers, awful clothing, modifiers etc.... BUT all that is superficial as long as the workout (which is really what I'M purchasing) is great. Its nice to have, the flash sets, the camera angles etc but not the overall requirement of buying a fitness dvd.

Yes, I missed your point:eek:

ITA! Besides, clothing, hair, makeup and background always end up outdated anyway. If the workouts are great, who cares!

I'm happy with whatever Cathe decides.
Well, maybe not everything. If she adds a modifier like this, I may have a problem:eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4y...33/vpcsid/0/SFV/32365&feature=player_embedded

:D !!!!!!!!!! DH once had a patient waiting for him in the ER with a monkey bite. It might have been Gilad!

I say bring back Hunkercise!

:D !!!!!!!!!! DH once had a patient waiting for him in the ER with a monkey bite. It might have been Gilad!

I say bring back Hunkercise!

LOL! I don't know which workout is more strange:confused:
Can you believe Gilad's primate workout is for sale? You can get a fresh copy for $11.99:eek:

I don't like moderators on forums they usually remove discussions that are interesting. If only ppl would keep it civil. I like to hear and read the opinions of others. If I'm not interested I don't read. I don't like censorship in most forms.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.