Who has tried Step Moves?

LauraMax

Cathlete
This is the next DVD on my agenda. I haven't previewed yet--do I need to, or can I just pop it in & get going? I got Athletic Step down on the first try, but I'm a little nervous about the choreo in Step Moves. :p

I haven't previewed it yet, but I'm really excited about doing this one. Personally, I don't think you would have a problem just doing it. But that's cuz' you're "good". :) I on the other hand might need a little preview myself. ;)

I just did this one this morning. Having done Athletic Step without any trouble, I thought I could pop this one in without any problem. That was definitely not the case. I would recommend viewing this one first. It's a lot of fun and has many twists on familiar moves. You may want to view the post from earlier this week with regard to the "3 count run move". That will give you some choreography counting tips so you don't go in unprepared.

Hi, Laura! I did preview it before I tried it, but I honestly don't think you need to. I agree with other posters in that the part that confused me a bit is that little three-count run on the step, but by the time Cathe put all the combos together, I had it.

This is a really fun workout and I can't wait to do it again. I think you'll enjoy it. I also really liked the music!

Last edited:
I just did this one this morning. At the warmup, I didn't think I was going to like it but I really enjoyed all the combos. I pick up complex choreo fairly easily. This wasn't the most complex I've done by far but there are a couple of tricky moves and I rewound a couple of times. For the most part, it's fairly easy to pick up and Cathe cued well throughout. Lots of new choreography but there are a couple of familiar steps like power 3s, power 7s, shuffles across the step, L steps, etc. There were some turning steps and pivots but not too many. She puts all the combos together at the end. Short cooldown and decent stretch. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

Marcy

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the 3 count run, & I'll give it a go tomorrow morning. I love the complex choreo, so I'm excited. I just hope I don't end up on my kiester. :)

Wish me luck!

pretty tricky

Hey Laura,

I just did Step Moves this morning and it was pretty tricky. I had to back up a lot. There are many new moves that aren't hard to do, but they're just, well, new! I think it'll be really fun once it's really flowing smoothly. Good luck!

Linda

I just finished this 15 minutes ago and love it. I have two left feet but had no problem with it. The triple move is tricky but I did it. The only thing that's hard for me is the leg work and clap. As soon as I start to clap my feet refuse to do their job so I just skipped the clapps.
I love Cathe she brakes down the moves and I never have problems learning them. I also like Amy Bento but to be honest I need 3-4 days to learn one hour workout.

Timea

Laura, I usually pick up her step choreography after the first two tries, but found it took three times for me to nail everything. This one is a huge fun factor for me. Let us know how you did.

I tried this one today and had a very difficult time with the choreography! I have 2 left feet and really have to be in the right frame of mind to learn complex step workouts, and even so it takes me a lot of attempts. This morning I meant to put in Athletic Step, but I accidentally grabbed the wrong dvd and didn't realize it until about a third of the way through. I kept thinking, "if this is the simpler choreography, I'm really going to be in trouble on the harder one." It didn't help that my daughter came into the room while I was doing it and sat there watching for a while. I can't do step with someone in the room - I become too self-conscious and distracted. I think this would be a fun workout if I could ever learn it. The trouble is, to slow it down enough to learn it I'm basically sacrificing a workout session, because I can't keep my heart rate up if I have to rewind 500 times. By the time I kicked my daughter out of the room, I was frazzled and frustrated, and spent much of my workout time standing there watching Cathe and the crew make it look easy. I'll try this again some time when I'm in a better mindset for it.

Laura, this was the first one I did. I would have benefited from a preview, but I think I did OK without it. There a few moves that I glossed over and have to really practice to learn. I was able to get a decent workout in and I think that after a few times, I'll have it down. :D I hope you enjoy it.

Happy New Year!

I just did this workout and enjoyed it. I tried it on a 4 inch step to help learn the moves and got about 90% the first time through. I like this one better I think than Athletic Step (which for some reason I had a harder time with?!). I'll really enjoy it once I get the moves down pact!

Hi Murfmom! I'm glad you gave the workout a try and I just wanted to offer a suggestion so that you don't have to waste your valuable workout time trying to learn the steps. Maybe you already do this but if you have time, try to watch the tape while folding laundry or preparing dinner. This way you can multi task and not lose precious time. You'll also feel mush more comfortable when going into the workout. Good Luck!

I tried this one today and had a very difficult time with the choreography! I have 2 left feet and really have to be in the right frame of mind to learn complex step workouts, and even so it takes me a lot of attempts. This morning I meant to put in Athletic Step, but I accidentally grabbed the wrong dvd and didn't realize it until about a third of the way through. I kept thinking, "if this is the simpler choreography, I'm really going to be in trouble on the harder one." It didn't help that my daughter came into the room while I was doing it and sat there watching for a while. I can't do step with someone in the room - I become too self-conscious and distracted. I think this would be a fun workout if I could ever learn it. The trouble is, to slow it down enough to learn it I'm basically sacrificing a workout session, because I can't keep my heart rate up if I have to rewind 500 times. By the time I kicked my daughter out of the room, I was frazzled and frustrated, and spent much of my workout time standing there watching Cathe and the crew make it look easy. I'll try this again some time when I'm in a better mindset for it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.