What were some of your RT highlights?

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Hanging out with the group in 305.

Laughing as the crew played with Kevin's bicep during a photo op.

Getting a Buffett/Margaritaville tee shirt from Liann and Cynthia.

And another, custom made, from Jodi.

Chatting with Cathe.

Hearing the "New" Rules for the Trivia Game. (Sorry Allie!)

Talking with Brenda about her Ironman Races. (I wanna be a catcher!)

I know I'll think of others. What are some of your RT highlights?

Rooming in 305 with Evily.

Meeting Wendy & Tracy and a ton of other girls!

Having Cathe know my name - both of them!

Wendy's atomic farting phone.

Having Brenda eat lunch at our table.

Watching the webcam dance party from room 305. ;)

I'll think of some more I'm sure!

Having Cathe remember I'm vegan and asking if I got enough to eat!

Telling Cathe how much she means to me

Being in sinc with 104 fit people, all working out together

Meeting Cathy and Kevin and the rest of the Ball and Chain Gang

Knowing answers to trivia questions when it wasn't our turn to answer

Meeting so many great people

Meeting the group from the ball and chain gang (hi fitdoggie)

Meeting 104 other people who didn't think that I was crazy for going on a exercise road trip and loving it

Cathe remembering me from last year and from facebook (being the tallest one in the group has its perks:D

Doing the step combo with Cathe at the DJ party ( can't belief that I actually did that)

Actually surviving 7 workouts in 2 days,and can't wait to do it again.

Suzette

Cathe complimenting my hair
Hanging out with the girls of "room 305"
Rooming with Patti and Robin!!!!
Meeting and getting to know Tracy and Wendy!
Meeting a ton of other people
Seeing everyone smile all of the time!!!
Having to pee with Emily LOL!
Getting a mountain dew from Nancy- thanks again!!
There are a ton more!!!
Oh taking a pic with Cede and our belly rings!

• Coming in 2 days early and staying 1 day longer. Made a world of difference!
  • Staying in a suite for the first time...made clean eating easier and meals cheaper.
  • Hanging out again with the T-12 girls.
  • Reuniting with other fellow returning RTers, as well as making some new friends.
  • Skyping Amy.
  • Flat Amy.
  • T-12 invasion of the Tri Stater dinner Sunday night (although it's not much of an invasion if you're actually invited, welcomed and friendly).
  • The lack of drama!
  • Sleeping in today (Monday morning)! :D
  • 7 workouts in 2 days.....what else can you say?

I hope you all had as much fun as I did this weekend!

Gayle

My number one highlight was being relaxed and chatting with many of the trippers. I just wished we had more time for me to get to meet others.

A close second is taking live classes with 104 other fit people who all share the same passion and love for Cathe. That is both priceless and beyond words that I can express.

I absolultey LOVED the creativity of the group and seeing those great signs for each of the tables. They were a hoot!

I had an awesome weekend and hope everyone did also.

Miss you guys!!!
Lorrayne

The Hershey Kisses table!!! Great group of women

The Sexletes!!!!

Laughing so hard my face still hurts

Working so hard my muscles STILL hurts

T-12 ladies and trii-staters luncheons

Meeting people I thought I didn't like on the forums but finding out they were actually great people in person!!!

The relaxed atmosphere

Should I shut up now???? Okay, but it's gonna be hard!!!!

ellie

Last edited:
My roomate and buddy Ruthie cracking me up as she peeled out of gym parking lot, stop lights, hotel, you name it she peeled out of it!!

My roomate and buddy Ruthie trying to motivate and pump herself up before each class and cracking me up at her sounds and antics!

Anything the Green Grille served!

Doing pushups with Cathe on top of me!!!!

Coming in a day early and meeting all kinds of really nice Jersey peeps!

Watching the lady in the white dance the night away at the Dj party - she has got some killer moves!

Being blessed by God to make new friendships, learn new life experiences, and be mentored by Cathe, my mentor!

Meeting all of my new friends....(in order of appearance) Tracy, Emily, Robin, Catherine, Amber-Liann, Beavs and many many more :)

When I asked Cathe to sign my IMAX3 cover I explained how hard it was for me to accomplish that...she laughed and said it was hard for her too

Belly Laughs...I don't think I ever stopped smiling

There's more but that's what I've got for now

- all SEVEN workouts! LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM!
- These phrases/words: rapid rollover, do you have your snickers (sneakers), piglet!!!, cathe-ite? cathe-ete? (trying to pronouce CATHELETE!)
- Having a really great convo with Cathe about going through divorce - so sweet of her to remember that from a Forum post awhile back, and wish me the best - that was awesome.
- Meeting a fellow divorcee (and coming with one!!)
- Watching our two friends Jen and Andrea experience their very first RT
- The pilot giving the Catheletes a shout-out!!!

I'm sure there are more ;-)

2009 Road Trip Highlights!!!!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! What a delightful weekend! This was my third and favorite Road Trip. My favorite 2009 Road Trip highlights include:

making it to the local airport early with everything in my carry-on bag and personal item

being blessed with great seats on the next available flight and connecting flight after my 6:00 a.m. flight was cancelled

having my beloved Daily Grind friends talk to me on the phone, laugh with me, and keep me company during all the delays at the airports

enjoying a Krispy Kreme donut at DFW

being greeted by Dani when I arrived at the airport in Philly after a long day of travel

receiving a big welcome hug from Lorrie who ran to greet me in the Residence Inn parking lot

going to Uno’s for pizza Thursday night with Ellie and Dani and being seated next to a table of fun Road Trippers (Robin, Amber, Emily, Catherine, and others)

staying at Ellie’s Bed and Breakfast with the most gracious hostess, great food, non-stop talking and laughing, and Ellie’s cat (who is beautiful but really needs to go to kitty charm school)

sleeping 8 hours the night before the Road Trip started so I would have energy to fully enjoy every precious moment of the fun weekend ahead

calling the “front desk” (Ellie’s kitchen) Friday morning to report a psychotic cat in my room

finding Miss Ellie’s chocolate stash that was big enough to feed all the Road Trippers and coordinators, Cathe, and her staff and crew

lounging around in pajamas all day Friday and enjoying a restful and relaxing day with friends

sharing meals and laughter with the Hershey Kisses and making our edible poster

enjoying all the laughter and joy and conversation

feeling so relaxed and at home in the presence of 104 warm and friendly Road Trippers

seeing and hugging Cathe, Nancy, Cedie, Brenda, Jai, Lorraine, and our beloved Road Trip coordinators and photographer again

doing the happy dance to the energizing Shock Cardio step music on the back row during the step encore Saturday morning

experiencing all the fun cardio workouts

sharing bunches of laughs and hugs

hearing that Cathe is coming to Texas next year (Austin, Austin, Austin!)

feeling the endorphin high during and after the energizing boot camp class

being encouraged by Cathe to enjoy my favorite fun cardio and endurance and circuit workouts instead of pushing myself through heavy weight workouts that make me hungry and tired

feasting on a yummy grilled beef burger for lunch and refreshing cherry and lemon ice for dessert

finally meeting Pinky and Rhondalyn after all these years

being touched in my feelings by Gin and Scarlett’s precious tributes to Cathe

skipping the lower body blast class for a refreshing nap at Ellie’s place instead of feeling compelled to do it all this year

having the energy to enjoy the Saturday night feast and dance party thanks to that nap

meeting Jodelle and encouraging her to start writing devotions again

seeing and hugging Denise, Allison, Lara, Julie, and so many Road Trippers again

stepping on the set with Cathe and Cedie and Rhondalyn Saturday night after the dance party and enjoying my favorite mambo cha chas, pivot turns, and hip hop repeaters

blowing a horn Sunday morning to wake Ellie for the day

having a blast during the Sunday morning kickboxing class and feeling so alive and energized

receiving a warm hug from Robin and confirmation that I am indeed sane again *wink*

enjoying a yummy breakfast at the Five Points Diner with scrambled Eggland’s Best eggs and no nasty scrapple on the table to gag me

having food all weekend that was too yummy to give to Emily for food art

returning to Adelphia’s for the first time since the 2007 Road Trip for dinner with the T-12 girls and a few of the Tri-Staters

receiving a precious pink “cardio queen” button from Jean

experiencing a weekend filled with hugs, laughs, and smiles

seeing such a diverse group of people enjoying each other’s company all weekend and having such a great time with no drama

feeling strong, healthy, radiant, relaxed, confident, and secure and not having any emotional meltdowns this year

relaxing and enjoying all the good food, not knowing what I weigh (since I packed up my scale on the 4th of July), and not wondering what people thought of me or what I was eating

being filled with peace that passes understanding and overflowing with joy

being blessed and feeling so loved

listening to my favorite worship music before sunrise this morning and counting my blessings

fitting everything in my carry-on for the trip home (including my Cathe gym bag, water bottle, mini mat, and 2-pound weighted gloves)

talking to the TSA agent at the airport who inspected my bags and Cathe gear and wants a pair of Cathe’s weighted gloves

staying until Monday morning this year and flying home on a beautiful day with no storm delays

having no lost or damaged bags this year since I packed light and carried everything on with me

returning home feeling like I had a vacation with the right balance of activity, rest, and relaxation and not needing a vacation from my vacation

looking at pictures and reading the forums and cherishing the memories

rejoicing in my heart, celebrating a Road Trip without regrets, and praising God for delivering me from the pit of depression and eating disorders, restoring the joy of my salvation, and blessing me beyond measure

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
The Hershey Kisses table, aka the Sexletes....oh what a poster that would have been. Hey to all my girls.

Hey, some one ate all our hershey kiss heads on Saturday night!!

Looking for the folks in room 321 at the wrong hotel...no wonder there was no answer.

The lone surviving crab cake at Filomenas...oh and the adding of the bill....WE ARE 100 DOLLARS OVER.....oh you paid cash..we're OK.

Meeting all those folks I've come to adore on the forums, and all the great friends that are new.

Those Buckeyes....yum

The pink 1 lb weights.. I call the lillipution weights for upper body next year.

Finally finding room 321 in the right hotel and perfecting our girl scout cookie selling techniques over a bit of wine.

My new Cathlete shirts...all 5 of them.

Winning the relay race because Lisa, Nurse34, is so darn fast. 1st and anchor, baby.

That darn smile that never came off my face...even when I fell off my step on Sat morning....because 20+ of you wanted to make sure I was OK. Thanks gals.

The laughs...oh the laughs...my abs have never been so sore.

Gracious Cathe, her lovely crew that doesn't get why we think they are awesome, Cynthia and her contagious smile endlessly taking photos, our
Lorrayne, Debbie, and Kathy for making us so welcomed and taken care of, The SNM crew who were delightful.

The anticipation and hope that we can do it all again next year. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

- all SEVEN workouts! LOVED LOVED LOVED THEM!
- These phrases/words: rapid rollover, do you have your snickers (sneakers), piglet!!!, cathe-ite? cathe-ete? (trying to pronouce CATHELETE!)
- Having a really great convo with Cathe about going through divorce - so sweet of her to remember that from a Forum post awhile back, and wish me the best - that was awesome.
- Meeting a fellow divorcee (and coming with one!!)
- Watching our two friends Jen and Andrea experience their very first RT
- The pilot giving the Catheletes a shout-out!!!

I'm sure there are more ;-)

That so so funny!

The highlights for me were:

Seeing and hugging Cathe again.

Seeing the gorgeous Cathe crew again (Brenda, Lorraine, Cedie and Jai).

Seeing some familiar faces, including Sue (yay Sisterhood of the Traveling Catheites!), Karen, Kathy S, Debbie H and Lorrayne.

The "Sisterhood" table, including learning "table whore" ;), dancing, and getting to know each other.

The first minute of the first class on Friday night, feeling all the excitement and energy in the air.

Taking a shower at the end of the day on Saturday :).

One of my most memorable experiences although not a highlight was driving to the gym on Friday night in a torrential downpour, driving through 2 floods half-way up the sides of my car, and running from my car to the gym in my rubber flip-flops with the water in the parking lot above my ankles!

Last edited:
The highlights for me were:

Seeing and hugging Cathe again.

Seeing the gorgeous Cathe crew again (Brenda, Lorraine, Cedie and Jai).

Seeing some familiar faces, including Sue (yay Sisterhood of the Traveling Catheites!), Karen, Kathy S, Debbie H and Lorrayne.

The "Sisterhood" table, including learning "table whore" ;), dancing, and getting to know each other.

The first minute of the first class on Friday night, feeling all the excitement and energy in the air.

Taking a shower at the end of the day on Saturday :).

One of my most memorable experiences although not a highlight was driving to the gym on Friday night in a torrential downpour, driving through 2 floods half-way up the sides of my car, and running from my car to the gym in my rubber flip-flops with the water in the parking lot above my ankles!

Haha! I forgot H-Oregon/table whore - so funny!

1. meeting SO many new friends
  2. seeing so many past RT friends again
  3. handing out my buckeyes and having folks look at me very curiously (hmmm - guess that's not exclusive to the RT ;-)
  4. feeling my heart sink when Tracy went down on Friday night - but LOVING and admiring her attitude thereafter. Speedy healing whishes girl!
  5. seeing Heather again :D
  6. just hanging out with T-12 and creating new memories. The riding animals at the Deptford Mall, and OH MY the Sunday night giggle fest!!! YOWZA! :D;):p:rolleyes:
  7. the Tri-stater/T-12 dinner at Adelphia's - too much fun
  8. Gayle's hysterical comment and the timing thereof - poor Sean
  9. 7, yes SEVEN, unbelievable Cathe workouts -- appreciating every sweat soaked moment of them as well as the chance to be with all of you
  10. sadly, remembering today that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach on the long 6 and a half hour drive home, shedding a few tears along the way.:(

Actually meeting other Catheites was fun, since I've, for the most part, only been able to to talk to my mother about Cathe. There were plenty of people I with whom I was more than impressed, particularly during the relay race. (Sorry, but I have to praise the guys. As my classmates would say, they "beasted" it.) Of course, it was nice to get recognition as the youngest Tripper. Even Cathe was surprised to see a mother-daughter pair. It made for a respectable conversation piece. Getting pictures with the crew, the autographs of Cathe and Cedie, whom I respect tremendously, was enough to keep me up late. I wish, however, that I had spent more time with Brenda. She seemed down to earth.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.