What is the saddest movie you've ever seen

The Painist

The Pianist - (the guy hiding from the Nazi's, then the German soldier kind of takes care of him, then the soldier gets arrested at the end)

The Mission by Robert Dinero

The saddest but most beautiful movie about the power of forgiveness:

The Mission starring Robert Dinero.

Others that I really love to cry to are:

Beaches
Terms of Endearment
On Golden Pond
Out of Africa
Mask
The Color Purple
Steele Magnolias
Fried Green Tomatoes
Shawshank Redemption

Marley and Me
Beaches
Untamed Heart
Mask

I'm a big sap. I'm sure the list could go on for days but my memory isn't that good! :p

The death of Patrick Swayze brought another movie to my mind. His movie 'Ghost' always tears me up.

A friend lent me 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas'. I'm afraid to watch it now after reading some of these posts.:(

The death of Patrick Swayze brought another movie to my mind. His movie 'Ghost' always tears me up.

A friend lent me 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas'. I'm afraid to watch it now after reading some of these posts.:(

Jacque, it is a really good movie; you should watch it at least once! It's worth the hefty bawl ;)

This is my cry like a baby list:

Schindler's List
Elephant Man
Finding Neverland
Big Fish
Bridges of Madison County
(this movie is proof that a bad book can be made into a good movie, and/or, that Meryl Streep is the most amazing actress EVER!!!)
Philadelphia
Shadowlands

And, while I don't actually bawl during them, there are scenes in the following movies that make me get teary eyed EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch them:
In Four Weddings and a Funeral when that poem by Auden is read at the funeral;
To Kill a Mockingbird--after the trial, when the man says to Scout, "Stand up, Miss Jean Louise, your father is passing." (I got chills just writing it!); and
Field of Dreams when Keving Costner says to the young baseball player at the end, "Hey, Dad? Wanna have a catch?"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.