What do you dig about your groovy self?

I love my body! :D It’s all I have and I’m thankful for it. It’s carrying more wt than I would like and if I had had any choice in the matter I would have changed a few things. I’d have been taller with longer legs, clear skin, nails that grew and didn’t chip and peel, toes that weren’t grown together half-way, nice boobs and a naturally thin body. :p My body also wouldn’t look so much like my brothers’. :eek: Oh yeah, I'd have a metabolism that wasn't comatose, too. :D But, it is what it is and all that God gave me and it’s still working pretty darn good. I consider myself blessed.

I smile when I look in the mirror because I’m 50 years old and I’m okay with it.

I love my body! :D It’s all I have and I’m thankful for it. It’s carrying more wt than I would like and if I had had any choice in the matter I would have changed a few things. I’d have been taller with longer legs, clear skin, nails that grew and didn’t chip and peel, toes that weren’t grown together half-way, nice boobs and a naturally thin body. :p My body also wouldn’t look so much like my brothers’. :eek: Oh yeah, I'd have a metabolism that wasn't comatose, too. :D But, it is what it is and all that God gave me and it’s still working pretty darn good. I consider myself blessed.

I smile when I look in the mirror because I’m 50 years old and I’m okay with it.

YeS! My attitude as well. This body, even with its bumps and wrinkles has carried me through life and it is ME!

my ability to raise one eyebrow for dramatic effect.

Stephanie, I've got that eyebrow talent myself, thanks for the reminder! :D

I'm short, 5'1" and change, and I like it. Sure, I'm kinda stumpy but I like being little.

Collarbones, yep, those are good.

Little feet.

I like my hair on good hair days. :p

Awesome thread! I like my eyes too, have always been told that my eyes are very expressive. As far as a buildable muscle goes I like my shoulders they become defined the quickest.

I like my clavicle (aka collarbone:p) too! And I have a good strong neck.

I like my legs overall-- they respond easily to workouts, so I can wear short-ish skirts to draw attention to them and away from other parts of my body that are more, um, sluggish. ;)

And to be more specific, I love my calves -- people always ask me what I do to get them cut and the answer is -- nothing! He-he

I'm almost 49 and I like my hair - just starting to get some grey.

I have always liked my green eyes - green is my favorite color

When the light is right, I'm impressed with my abs

people tell me I have nice feet

I use to have a nice butt but since l lost 20 lbs last year it lost the bubble and is not as firm as it use to be :mad:

With what life as thrown at me, I'm thankful I can do what I can do. Does this make sense?

my hair. I have wild crazy corkscrews, and with the help of my colorist, I have a great blond head of hair. Get compliments daily.:eek:

Cool thread! I have great gams, if I do say so myself. Lean and shapely. Like Laura, I've also come to love my hair. I hated it most of my life, but now I really appreciate it.

Im still trying to think of something...I like my shoulders! There are things I WANT to like....so I'm working on that :)

I also like my facial structure, and I've been told that I'm a really funny person!

Also, when I had my natural hair color...blonde...I was told all the time that I look like Kirsten Dunst, but since my hair is darker now, I only hear it when people see my license picture.

id have to say my skin....

dont hate me but i cant remember the last time i git a zit
yes, its been that long!:D

I have nice big natural breasts. And they still don't look too bad after two kids (I think). And I have a nice butt--round bubble-butt that would be ideal after some weight loss. Even when I'm overweight I maintain an hourglass shape (just a bigger hourglass). OK, not exactly when preggers, but otherwise.

I'm learning to like lots of things: My whole life all I've ever heard about is my butt. I can't see it but, evidently, it's spectacular (again, now that the fat is mostly off) and I guess I'm lucky to have it. Since my body has started changing I've become thrilled to finally have a waistline, a slender neck (man, I HATED that fat neck), and my thighs have slimmed down considerably. Also, I've always had sloped shoulders and now, thanks mostly to Cathe and serious weights, I finally have actual shoulders which, with my slimmed down lower body, means I'm out of the pear-shaped zone. Oddly enough, I love my soft, mostly unwrinkled vampire-pale skin, even if nobody else does and I, too, love my true green eyes.

Man, it's nice to think about the positives for once. My list of negatives would be 20 pages. But when I find myself dwelling on negatives I often remind myself of that beautiful girl I saw last year on Oprah. The girl who was disfigured beyond recognition when a jealous ex-boyfriend doused her with gasoline and set her on fire. When I start to whine about a few fine lines I think of her and know I have so much for which to be grateful.

Thanks for reminding me again.

Well, I see that 56 responses are recorded, but over 1000 people have checked out this thread. So where are the other 944 people telling us what's so great about themselves?

I have nice big natural breasts. And they still don't look too bad after two kids (I think). And I have a nice butt--round bubble-butt that would be ideal after some weight loss. Even when I'm overweight I maintain an hourglass shape (just a bigger hourglass). OK, not exactly when preggers, but otherwise.

i love this! you go girl. i lost my body image issues after giving birth to my son in december 2007. i was just amazed that my body could have a baby! i have so much respect for our bodies and what they do to give life!!

i am with ya -- natural boobs and a bubble butt hee hee :) we are beautiful!

ps.. i like my dreadlocks, my shoulders and my rock-hard quads.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.