What color is your workout room/area??

Mine is also the playroom for DS, although he doesn't use it much anymore. The floor is 2 shades of blue/gray in stripes, the walls are crayola blue, the stairs are bright green, the stair rails are orange, the closet is red/yellow/orange, and the ceiling is orange/purple. All bright "crayola" colors. It's in the basement. Eventually it will be repainted, it will have to if we ever want to sell. But for now, its bright and fun, and a wee bit tacky!

Nan

If I had my own workout room, I would paint it bright ORANGE! To me, that is Cathe's signature color, not sure why...

My workout room is a rich cafe au lait color with a slight rosy undertone. It's so soothing and the weights, steps, bosu, etc kind of blends in to the walls, so the room doesn't look cluttered.

We converted our family room into a w/o room this summer. It's an off white color. Someday I'd love to paint it up and decorate it appropriately to motivate. I'll see if I can find my pics.

You guys have awesome workout rooms! Wow.... I don't have as much massive equipment...but I drool over the equipment that you gals have!!!!

I like the variety in colors!!!

I have to be honest, I at first was thinking funky colors like the green in my avatar and the color blue (like around the entire forum screen but it need something else. But, the green and yellow...sound really hip! Hmmmmm... I just wanna have fun and claim the room as the funky workout room. I may hate it....but I wanna just set myself free with color! Giggle....

Wow!!

I'm so jealous!! Awesome workout rooms! I have a workout *corner*. I use my family room/ basement and have my high step/ step/ weights/ resistance bands/ medicine & stability ball/ barbell/ everything in the corner and have to pull it all out depending on what workout I'm doing! :confused: One of these days I want a real workout room! Oh, and my family room is a swiss mocha color w/ wood trim on the bottom.

Okay, so I snaped some pics of my workout room to give an idea of what I am working with. I have lots to do. I have not hung my mirrors because I am waiting to paint. My room is not near as nice as some of you other gals...but my room gets the job done. Giggle....

Gals I am also envious of you! Like Tami and Ame, I work out in the LR. I have my own little corner which keeps growing.;) I have to be very regimented about putting stuff away. Anyway, if I had a room, I would probably go with purple(my favorite color), although not too bright. Do you think DS would mind if i took over his bedroom and painted it?;) He is away at college. Image his shock when he comes home to find his room turned into a purple fitness room. Ah, a girl can dream.

That's funny Phyllis! I know, I have visions of moving my cardio equipment into my son's room so I have more space for weights:D

Purple is a great color! That would look great with my green carpet. I love that color combo.
I would love to do peach, but I think hubby would protest since we share the space. Purple is doable!:cool:

My workout room (aka living room) is the lovely shade I call blah.

We might be moving to a bigger place next year, though, and if I get my way a potential workout room will probably be yellow. I like the energy of yellow (if it's the right shade).

My workout room is my basement, which is unfinished, so the walls are a lovely shade of...concrete. :confused: What I wouldn't give to be able to paint that baby and liven it up a bit! It's so dark down there. :( But, alas, I rent my apartment and I don't see them giving me permission to renovate the basement any time soon......

Last edited:
Alli....YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I was going to type that I was so JEALOUS of EVERYBODY's room, but you and I are sharing the same duldrums of concrete walls! And concrete floors! LOL I'd LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE to start putting up studs and drywalls and make my room a REAL room to workout in. lol OH, I guess we can live thru everybody else's workout rooms! REAL rooms! :)

Gayle

Okay, so I snaped some pics of my workout room to give an idea of what I am working with. I have lots to do. I have not hung my mirrors because I am waiting to paint. My room is not near as nice as some of you other gals...but my room gets the job done. Giggle....

Holy crap, Tanya! I just looked at your pictures and your weight loss in unbelievable!!! I am in shock! You look phenomenal. Congratulations!!!! (oh, and your workout room is AWESOME!!!)

My husband thinks I have a lot of equipment. I have it all in the bedroom, and to use anything other than the big stuff, I have to lug it into the living room (free weights, steps, BOSU, etc), and then put it all back just so b/c space is at a premium and I am a neat freak! When I talked to him yesterday, I told him I had some rooms to show him - people who actually had space and also had a lot more "stuff" than me!! It is really neat to see other rooms, and to read them described, b/c it's nice to know how other people get their workouts done. We all do the same things, basically, but in so many different environments. It's a fun way to get to know you amazing gals (and guys but I don't think any males have chimed in on this one) even more...! What I need to do is get that bed out of the bedroom. Would it be weird to put it in the living room??!:p That would give me some more room!! Ha Ha!

Hey Tanya!

That is so exciting that you're going to be able to branch out a bit with the color!

After the RT, DH helped me move stuff around (like I had been telling you we were hoping to do) so that I'm in a new room with more space. (Of course, half of the room is my office, but it's still MUCH more spacious than the room I had been in before.) I love the bright blue color that we have in that room, but it could be a bit much for your dining room area.

Will you keep us posted on what you decide?

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
LOL Leanne, I was looking at yours thinking what a nice color it is. Then I realized it was almost the same as mine! (Maybe a bit darker.) At least I'm consistent!:D

Thank you Allison!! Losing that weight was the easy part....it's maintaining it that is the challenge. But, I have found some challenging workouts throught Cathe that I can promise you has helped me maintain it! I recently have discovered Amy Bento's hi/lo....wowza..that's kind fun! Giggle... Thank you for the sweet compliments!!!!

Leanne--I'll keep ya posted hon. I am sooo glad that you got the room flip done successfully. You room is awesome too! Man! Where did you get your dumbell rack from? I am needing one...but "cha-ching"...I don't want to blow lots of cash on one. Call me cheap...but the floor has been my rack thus far---9 years now! Giggle... But, I'm trying to pretty up my room!

I absolutely LOVE the room pictures that everyone is showing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.