~*~We're In This Together~*~ Oct-Dec

Hi everyone :)

Marie
Don't feel guilty about enjoying "treats" during the holiday's and EVER! Here is a great article to read: 3 Tips to Thrive During the Holiday Season » Nia Shanks
I always link articles from Nia because they are just too darn good not to have you guys read them! And they pretty much erase any guilt associated with eating and exercise :).

HAve a great day ladies!

Thanks for the article! I love when you link info. They are always good :)

Just curious.... What is your avatar a picture of? I can't tell on my iPad....too small!

Hi everyone!

I'm back to the office today. Sorry I havne't been posting. My husband had a hernia repair sugery done and had complications. We went to the ER back to back and then he landed in ICU for few days. He was released from the hospital over the weekend. I have been working from home and taking care of family matters; doing everything. Needless to say it was a stressful situation.

I tried to do as much as possible as far as work outs. I start WorkOut 3 tonight.

What's everyone up to these days? Are you all ready for the holidays? Are you done with shopping? Marie, are you starting with Nia's program?

Nancy, what are you up to? Hope all is well.

Natasha, I see you are doing very well. :D What are you lifiting now? Did you get a squat rack? let me know which one you got and how you like it.

Hi Sarah, Colleen, hope you are doing well.

Justina

Justina, I am so sorry that your DH had complications! How scary for you! I have not been posting here as often as I should :eek:. I've been having a tough time keeping up with my other check-in as well. I'm still plugging along with Bret Contrera's Strong Curves beginner rotation (I just ended week 8) and I use Cathe for cardio (LOVE FLEXTRAIN!!!!!). This upcoming week I'll be de-loading and using bands and Cathe cardio while I'm traveling for the Holly Daze. Are you enjoying Nia's program? Well, back to packing...we're driving up into the crappy weather tomorrow :rolleyes:...we had 70 degrees here today with the windows open and balmy breezes....am I the only one who thinks Christmas should be in the summer?

Hi ladies!

Hope all is well.

Hey Nancy, glad to know you're doing well. Ha, you probably are. LOL
I would have to have some clean snow for Christmas; white, clean snow everywhere. I think we only had snow around Christmas one time since I've been living here. I took out my camera and took some pictures. :D
I have been slacking on workouts to be honest. With my husband being hospitalized and is still recovering now, I haven't been doing much for myself. Hopefully after all holiday celebrations are over, I can get back into it. :)

If I don't check back before the holidays, everyone please have a safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Talk to you in 2014!!!

Justina

HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I wish you all joy, prosperity, health, happiness :)

Sorry I have not reported my w/o's -- I have been super busy this past week. Hope to post more regularly after Christmas when all this stuff is said and done.

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :). We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's and Christmas Day at the in-laws in Hamilton. Bella got SO MANY GIFTS :eek:. My house looked like a train wreck for 4 days lol :p. Very exhausting and busy, to say the least :rolleyes:. As much as I appreciate the holiday's, I'm counting down the days until normalcy returns and Bella goes back to school.

Did any of you get affected by the huge ice storm? We got hit pretty bad, but luckily we did not go without power. Some family and friends were without power for 4 days! I felt SO bad for them :(. It really makes you appreciate some of the things in life we take for granted.

Bella and I have been sick on/off. I didn't get a fever, only sore throat, cough and now cold. Bella has already went through 2 fever's, along w/ a cough that got treated with antibiotics (the cough lasted 6 weeks!) and now it's back again :mad:. My sleeping has been VERY crappy these past few weeks :(. I feel as though this has affected my training tremendously, as my lifts #'s have not really been increasing :(. On the upside...

I GOT A SQUAT RACK! My rack comes this week :eek:. Using the TT as a "rack" has a lot of limitations, and I knew that as soon as my #'s were going over 90lbs. The bar is positioned far too low to get up/under in a safe manner, not to mention unloading the bar once your done is very awkward. I was already feeling a strain in my back, and I KNEW I just could not take the risk any more. Another thing I've disovered these past few weeks, is that I'm a much stronger deadlifter than a squatter :confused:. Ha ha go figure! I feel as though because I'm pretty much deadlifting from scratch, my #'s are easlily and successfully increasing, whereas because I have been doing squats wrong for 2+ years and had to "re-train" myself, it has been much harder for me :mad:. I'm determined NOT to give up though! Hopefully the rack will give me a bit more confidence and focus because I really want to squat over 100lbs :eek:. I love the shape and muscle it's been giving my legs!

So ya, that's it, that's all. I've been doing Leslie DVD's again when the weather has been far too cold to go out. I was still walking to/from school, but now that Bella's home, the inclination to go outside is a little less.

Sarah
Are you still doing Nia's program? How was your 1st Xmas in Alaska?

Marie
How did B enjoy Xmas? They are still to little to realize what's going on yet, but it's still super cute :). Each year get's better with kids :).

Colleen
How was your Xmas? Did you get any new fitness goodies :eek:. Did you try the squat rack DVD? I did a premix from Cathe's greatest hits about 1 week ago :eek:. It was SO MUCH FUN!

Justina
How is your DH? That must have been a pretty scary thing for the family :(. I hope he has recovered well and you and your family were able to enjoy the holiday's.

Jen
Any more snow in TX? How was your 1st Xmas over there?

Sheesh, long post :eek:. Hope to get back to posting more regularly when things settle down. Have a great day!

Nat- good to hear from you. I am so excited for your new toy. Sounds silly, but I totally am. I'm sorry you and your family have been getting sick. That always makes the holidays even more crazy. The toy thing at Christmas time is very overwhelming. I always had to got through the kids rooms before and after the holidays because their rooms were so little. I also have a feeling after the holidays that I want to take a sick day and recuperate from all the hustle and bustle. I love it,but I hate it all rolled into one.

My first christmas in Alaska was fine. My friend Stanley flew up on Christmas and is leaving Wednesday. So am looking forward to things getting back to normal. I did enjoy having him around and all his "to do" that he gets done.

I have been doing Nia's program. I love it, the simplicity of it. I do need to kick it up a notch once things settle down and step away from the sweets (not completely, just not being a glutton) I am just about done with my third week and will start my deload week soon.

I still am going through some very tough times with my daughters and that is affecting my moods greatly.

Sarah

Happy New Years Eve! I work blah! 3-11:30. Not that I'd do anything anyways but hanging with my boys is always better than working lol! I very much so dislike evening shift. I am not a night owl but it's my holiday to work.

No workout today or yesterday. I've been doing really well with workouts and portion control with all the food around but these last two days I just slipped off the wagon. Honestly it's kind of nice to not stress about every bite I put in my mouth but let me tell you I don't feel good physically or mentally when I overeat. Ok wow I'm being negative. New paragraph with positive thoughts please haha...

Christmas was amazing! My sis was in town and the kids were beyond cute together. We were up north at my mom and stepdad's place. My mom and I did Cathe :) and then a few of us went snowshoeing one day which was really fun. We made the rounds on our way home to DH's grandparents' and then his dad's place. The next day was my dad's and tomorrow is DH's mom's. Oh and we had DH's brothers and their wives over one evening too. It's been great but busy and quite honestly I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine of working weekends with storytimes, B's school and such during the week.

Well I better get ready for work. Fingers crossed it goes fast! Have a great night everyone :)

View attachment 3243

Happy New Years amazing ladies!!!!!
Here's to a kick-butt 2014!!!

I will start a new check-in for Jan. I will be posting again more regularly since the holiday's have been super busy for me. I hope all of you will join me :).

I went to Ottawa, our country's capital (without Bella!) for New Years Eve. Mark and I stayed at one of their best rated hotels called The Westin. Despite it being one of the coldest nights on record across Canada, Mark and I had a great time (mostly indoors lol). Because it is so beautiful there, we would like to return in the summer.

I got my rack!!!! OMG I think I am in love ;):p. This week I break that baby in with some squats :eek:.

My w/o yesterday was Imax 2 (intervals 1-7). My stamina was excellent, my legs felt strong. Despite not doing much cardio anymore, I think the heavy squats and deads have maintained my level of fitness because my HR is almost always elevated during my work sets. BBL!!!

Hi ladies!

Happy New Year!!! :D

I am back on track. I started back with the workouts (GS Shoulders, Biceps, and STS Legs) this past Sunday. My legs are on fire and can hardly sit on the toilet without any pain. :eek: Today I'm back on Nia's program workout 3.
I'm looking forward to it because I do feel out of shape from the holiday rest.

How's everyone doing?

Natasha, can you send me a picture of your squat rack? Ha, was it love at first sight? :D Glad you are enjoying it as I imagine it must be pricy. I looked at some last year and knew I would have to wait to get it. :) I checked out the website for Girls Gone Strong and found some really good information. Have you been to the website?

Hi Nancy,
How are things with you? Are you back in doing Cathe's DVDs?

Hi Sarah, how are you liking Nia's program so far? what workout are you on?
I also love how simple it is. I crank out some 80's music and I get pretty motiviated. :)

Hi Marie and Colleen!

Have a good day everyone.

Justina

Hi Justina,

Happy New Years. I have been plugging away at Nia's program. Some days I have major DOMS and others not so much. But I do love it. I have een doing just the beginner one thats three days a week. I do miss Cathe, and have been doing Cathe also, when time permits me too. I still can't put my finger on it, but I just think Cathe is fun. I'm a little worried about what to do once I reach what I can safely lift over my head for lunges and even hoist up for the front squats. I'm at 55lbs now and am thinking I pretty close to my max. I hope your husband is 100% again and your teens are treating the Mom well, LOL.

I will admit I have checked our group often waiting to hear from everybody. I would love to see your new toy Nat, and hear how its going.

My eating habit are great some days and others not so great. Home school has taking its course on everything. I stashed away the scale when we unpacked our boxes after the move and won't bring it out again. With my compulsive personality it doesn't do anything positive.

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

I mix Cathe in as well. She is fun and motiviational. I actually started off with some of her workouts before Nia's workout #3. I was really feeling it for a day or two. :D You're at 55 pounds? That's pretty awesome. I'm not there yet but I am working on it!

Husband is back 100 percent, sort of. He still has a weird looking scar from the surgary. Still has to keep an eye on it. thanks for asking. The girls are ok...keeping fingers crossesd They are typical teenagers I guess. :)

How are you liking Alaska so far? Made many mom friends? I imagine it's tough when you homeschool. Where do you get the teaching material? Many years ago I thought about doing homeschooling but realized a bit later that it wasn't a good option for us. I needed to work.

My eating habit is awful but I don't feel guilty about it. I don' know why. After reading Nia's posts I have this new understanding about food. I try to eat well most of the time. ;)

I actually do not own a scale. The only time I weigh myself is when I go to the doctor for check up. :) So, once a year. It's dangerous having it around the house. I will be tempted to get on it all the time and obsess over the number. It's just one more thing to stress about.

Hi to everyone!

Have a good day!

Justina

Hey Sarah,

I mix Cathe in as well. She is fun and motiviational. I actually started off with some of her workouts before Nia's workout #3. I was really feeling it for a day or two. :D You're at 55 pounds? That's pretty awesome. I'm not there yet but I am working on it!

Husband is back 100 percent, sort of. He still has a weird looking scar from the surgary. Still has to keep an eye on it. thanks for asking. The girls are ok...keeping fingers crossesd They are typical teenagers I guess. :)

How are you liking Alaska so far? Made many mom friends? I imagine it's tough when you homeschool. Where do you get the teaching material? Many years ago I thought about doing homeschooling but realized a bit later that it wasn't a good option for us. I needed to work.

My eating habit is awful but I don't feel guilty about it. I don' know why. After reading Nia's posts I have this new understanding about food. I try to eat well most of the time. ;)

I actually do not own a scale. The only time I weigh myself is when I go to the doctor for check up. :) So, once a year. It's dangerous having it around the house. I will be tempted to get on it all the time and obsess over the number. It's just one more thing to stress about.

Hi to everyone!

Have a good day!

Justina

Hey y'all.
Hope life is treating you well. Been cold here in Texas not freezing like every place else.
Not permanent yet. Learning to accept things I cannot change and hope to do well on the things I can. Almost 10 months here already. Happy not to be in MI.

JT

Hi everyone,

I'm taking a break from Nia and have been doin STS for two weeks now. :)
I'm also thinking about getting P90X 3 in a few weeks. P90X got me back in shape after Jackson was born. I did some research on the P90X3 and it sounds pretty good! Good results in 30 mins.!

It's a bit quiet in here. Are you ladies coming back? :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.