~*~*Weight Watchers Friday ~*~*

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Gang!

Bet Im the first one here today! Its only 6:30 here which means its even earlier in your neck of the woods.
My workout yesterday was another run. I went not knowing how far I was going to go b/c sometimes if I want to go just as far or further...I don't make it:) So I just went and ended up going just as far as the day before but it was alot longer b/c of the wind! It took me a lot longer to get up those hills! And I came home with a bad stomach. I think I pushed myself and ended up with a bad belly. Oh well! Its a new day now.
I think I will do BM2 today. Im not running cause its gonna rain and Im going to my brothers house this weekend and I will be running in there on his TM.

Hey! Where is Kim to? I just thought about that. I hope she is o.k!

Robin, I think we all have problems with night time eating. I was pretty good last night b/c I didn't have time to eat. I went to get a peice of cake for dessert but decided to leave it for my quiet time when i was going to watch Y&R but it never did get quiet! My inlaws showed up and then my daugther wanted her hair done. Anyway....I had a little sliver before bed:)

Amelia, ahhh...who cares what you look like when running:) Im sure there are times I don't look cute. Hills are good though cause they are a good addition but prehaps you need to master running first:) then master those hills.

Kali, I'd like to know what I am burning when working out. Do you have a HRM? Or is it just want the TM told you? I know my TM isn't right. I think it tells you what a 200 lbs man would burn...its always so high! And then when you slow down to take your HR, and your HR is still up but the TM is slow...it tells you a low HR cause it only goes by the speed of the TM...not your HR! STUPID!

Belinda, Im not sure if I knew you were moving back to Germany. You still have family there right? Were your kids born and rasied in the US?

Cheryl, where are you? Busy girlie since you started working again...Im not sure if I like it! LOL

Laine, Rylan is only 7 monthes old. I had a yr off of work but its time to go back in Nov:-( Thats only 10 weeks away. I have vaca pay to take but I was debating going back and using it as shopping money for christmas gifts or taking a extra 2 weeks off. But the bottom line remains...I have to go back so I would just be pushing it off for a little longer. The summer always flies by so I am kind of hoping that Sept and Oct will crawl by.

Nancy! So sorry to hear that you won't be checking in. And even more sorry to hear about all the things that are going wrong in your life. Things will look up..it as to. Its hard when things get blamed on you. We are doing good at this end but my family sometimes stay with us b/c they need work...and I think DH is getting annoyed with the fact that there is someone here all the time. My dad and bro come on Mon and leave on Fri. He was really contray on Sat and then last night when we were in bed he said " I wonder when our house will just be ours" I thought on Sat he was just having a bad day but I think there is more to it. I hope it passes. I know where he is comming from but when its my family I don't want any tention caused!

Alright, Im gonna go get another cup of coffee. We are heading to the city today. I did some school clothes shopping yesterday with DD so I don't need to do that much in town. I need some new bras but thats about it.

Lori:)

Happy Friday Ladies!

Gidge, I don't have an HRM. It's on my Xmas wish list. I go by what the TM tells me. I'm sure mine's wrong too, but if it goes by a 200 lb. man, I'm almost there LOL! :eek: I pretty much just strive to stay on it as long as possible usually I try for an hour if I have the time and didn't do any other cardio that day. I should probably have DH take some "before" pics AGAIN.x( UGH. I feel good tho. I can feel all my muscles again :7 which even tho they're a little sore, that's a great feeling for me after feeling like a blob for the last few months. I'm doing great with that BTW. Going out tonight and plan on club soda and diet coke. No desire for a drink whatsoever. I knew getting back to my old routine would help with that. ;) Have fun shopping for bras!

I'm having my coffee and it's BM2 for me too! Just "pulled my ball out" LOL!!

Good morning to Robin, Cheryl, Amelia, Nancy, Kim, Lainie and anyone else I missed sorry!

I shall return!

Kali

Good Morning My fine fellow Women;-)

Its 6:50,And I really should be getting my butt in gear!I've got ten minutes to chat,LOL. My WI was the same...189.0...I don't care;-)It will come off eventually!

Lori-yeah your right about mastering the run before the hills/run! Its just that I hate having to get in my car and drive to the park to run where there is no hills,when I could just walk out my front door and run around my neiborhood.I think I've decided to walk up the hills instead of running up,sucks though, cause once I get my "running pace" down I don't like stopping! I need to go to VS and get some new bra's as well,mmmmmm my SIL is a manager at one close by}(

(((((Nancy)))))-I know its hard to check inn when theres so many things going on around the house...sorry to hear your having sick feelings with your moms situation.Perhaps talking to your DH and your mother together would help? I always find that when DH and I aren't on the same page...talking helps to clear it up! Please try to check in,I'll do my best to support you and lift you up on the days your down:) It sucks being down. And I know that losing an family animal is like losing a best friend. Im sorry.

Kali-Im sure when your kids start school you'll be able to wize right through all the school stuff! I always remind myself to "breath"....LOL! Your make it girl;-)

ok,its been ten minutes:-(I've got to go,Hey to the rest of the gang I didn't get a chance to adress...I'll bbl though.Got LIS+MIS/LB planned:+ Your kids have a great day;-)

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

wow Lori your quad must feel it when you run up hills, I know my quad feel it just walking with the TM incline LOL.

Kali Good for You girl . I like your attitude.

Hey Amelia, Belinda, Cheryl Laine and Nancy I'm going to read yesterday's post and I'll be right back.

hey i'm back again.

Today I did 1/2 hour of power yoga with weights and it made me sweat...not sure why.
I also did the Kim's KB core w/o which really works the upper body and core. I'm going to try to eat clean today, but it is Friday. I told myself to behave b/c I'm going to check my measurements on Sunday.:+

Belinda my son is 10 1/2 and he will always be my baby.

Laine what type of yoga do you like to do? I like power yoga because I less likely to day-dream.

[[[Nancy]]]- it just so happens that I work in a hospital for long term care. We have an Adult Day Care program in which some of our patients come in for recreational activities for two to three hours per day. They play Bingo, cards, poker, etc. They also have great parties with music (from the 40s and 50s of course). So talk to a social worker to see if you can put her in a program like this. This way she can be home and go out also. But only If she can travel. I'm not sure how her neurological situation is.

I was thinking that my next DVD should be gym-style series, since the 4day split is not comming to next month.

chat later

Hey girls,Ijust dropped off my DD at school;( She was crying agian,then as she was walking in the door-she turned around and waves(while crying)...Talk about a breaking heart:( ! I didn't think her going to kindergarten would be this hard!

Robin-i also want the gym style serious also Ub/lb pyramids,core max,low max,cardio and weights,high step challenge and I think that would be enough :eek: I plan on ordering them when tax season comes back around(I know its a while:( ) but I would love to order from the cathe site with no shipping charges}( !

Kim-Are you Ok? Where ya at girl?

I just ate a granola w/pb:9 so Im waiting it to digest a little before starting my WO!

bbl,gonna go surf catheland a bit!

Hi Guys. I'm back BM2 is HIS-TOR-Y!!!! Yeah! Having another coffee and an enhanced water before I eat. Not sure what yet tho.

Thanks Robin. I'm with you on the clean eating today since we're going out to eat tonight.
I haven't weighed and measured yet cause I'm too afraid. I guess I should tho because when I eat clean and workout everyday I start losing fast. Inches anyway, which is my goal. I really don't care what I weigh, I just want to be able to have my clothes fit nice and not wear things that obviously cover me up.(DH says it's cause I feel that way). I look at my shorts from last summer and can't believe I fit into them. It's disgusting literally. Oh well. I'm back on track that's all that matters.

Amelia, sorry your little one was sad again today. Heartbreaking I know. I'm sure like the teacher said, once she gets in there she's fine. I'm actually starting to move along a little faster with the studying. I KNOW I'll get more done once the guys are back to school.
Have fun with that workout!

Well off to go over my review sheets AGAIN and move on to the next chapter. I can start studying while I clean. And that bathroom IS getting cleaned this morning. LOL!

BBL Chickies!

Kali

Good morning Ladies!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! I have been crazy busy. I am going to try my best to catch up on Sunday. I have an extremely busy weekend! I did see we have some new members!!! Yeah!!! Welcome. Have a great weekend!!

Alright. I can't get the butt glue off! I'm still on this computer! Well I did my review sheets and did pretty good only 5 wrong out of over 200 questions!

I need your input Guys. I've been sticking with cardio/cardio and weights for all over body since I want to start toning all over again after gaining. BUT......speaking of butts, summer's gonna be over and it's going to be "jeans season" before we know it. Do you think starting Monday I should start a LB rotation that focuses on cardio and LB mainly? I know all of them throw UB in there so I'd still be getting that in. What do you all think? Don't forget I will be working out and walking for a second workout. I've done the Butts and Guts which did wonders for me. The August rotation is looking good too.
Whatcha all think?

Kali

Hi, everyone!
I got Lasik yesterday morning - that's why I was gone. It was one eye only, for reading, and it was a complete success. I now have 20/20 vision and it will just get sharper over the next week the dr. says. Whoopee!

yesterday I did 45 min. of KickMax only - it was all the time I had before going to the surgery - and today is a rest day. Whew.

Lori, good job on the run! Ending breast feeding is still going well, I take it? I bet you're relieved, honestly.

Kali, I would suggest you do a routine that hits LB soundly 2x a week but maintains some UB as well. Maybe an overall weights workout 1x a week and a second UB focus, but 2 LB days to give you weights 4x a week and cardio 6x a week, with the cardio throwing in a lot of intervals and blasts rather than steady state effort.

Kim, Amelia - so good to hear from you. Robin, you too.

Nancy!!!! Please be well, and know that all our thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of stress.

Can I just say that Belinda and Alesia are the cutest things ever?? I just loved getting to know them in person on the RT.

Well, back to work.

BBL!
Cheryl

I think that is a good idea Kali. LB rotation usually have at least one upper-body w/o included.

Amelia I work with children that age and uaully when they meet another little girl and become friends the crying stops. Talk to her teacher to see if she is playing with the other kids.

Hi Kim and Cheryl, what's new. Did the Lasik treatment hurt?

Hi everyone. I'm about to start my workout (it's Body Fusion to finish out my "easy" week) but wanted to hop on and say hello.

Tonight my hubby wants to go to Chevy's Tex Mex for dinner, so I have to figure out what I can eat there that's somewhat Core. Ugh. I love eating out (mainly because it means no cooking and no dishes to wash) but I hate trying to pick the healthiest dish on a non-healthy menu. I found the menu online, at least, so I have some ideas.

Nancy, I've only been on the group a couple days, but I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. It's a cliche, but it really does seem that when it rains, it pours. I wish you the best in getting through this tough time.

Lori, I have a HRM and I love it (when I remember to turn it on, at least). The only problem for me is that when I'm doing a non-cardio workout obviously I don't burn as many calories. I'm on a group on the WW website that aims for 5 Activity Points (equivalent of 500 calories) a day, and I have trouble earning that if I'm just doing a weights workout, even though I am getting a great workout and pushing myself. I am always saying things like--"I only burned 250 calories, but I was working hard for that!"

Kali, I'm tired just reading your posts! Studying, cleaning, long workouts--you must have plenty of energy.

Amelia, sorry your DD is not happy being left at school. How does she seem when you pick her up again? You're making me nervous about taking DS in a few weeks!

Robin, I don't know what kind of yoga I do--just easy yoga. :p I do know I like it less spriritual and more athletic. My current favorite is a Karen Voight DVD called Yoga Power, which has two workouts, one for strength and one for stretch--I usually do the stretch because that's what I want most from yoga. Another favorite is a Pilates/yoga blend DVD: Crunch: Super Slimdown with Ellen Barrett.

Hi to Kim--I'm new--Lainie in New York.

Cheryl, wow, congrats on the Lasik. I have thought about doing that but I have one eye that just keeps getting worse every year so it seems pointless to fix it. Maybe I should consider just getting the other eye done--I saw a guy have that done on the 10 Years Younger show the other day as well.

OK, gotta go workout. Next week I am done with the easy workouts. Uh oh.

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Lainie, I just realized from Ask Cathe that I have probably bought a few Cathe DVDs from you over the last year - I'm Utah Gal on eBay. All good ones. Thank you!

I know what you mean - the very few I don't use hold their value really well for resale.

Where do you live in NY? I'm there frequently on business, but generally only Manhatton and Manhassett :)

Hope everyone's having a great afternoon!
Cheryl

Well, I'm lainiefig on eBay--I have only sold a couple Cathe DVDs, but they weren't from my regular collection. I got a couple cheap from the Discovery Channel store when it was going out of business. I have sold a lot of other workout DVDs, though.

I live in Nyack, NY--just north of New York and across the Hudson River, close to the Tappan Zee Bridge--it's the first bridge over the river north of the city. I've only been here about a year and I love it.

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Hi ladies,

sorry I am not around that much, but I will leave for Germany around Sept.15!!! I been going and cleaning out my house! Lots of prep before the move!

Nancy I am so sorry you going trough a really tough time! If there is anything I can do for you please let me know! You and your mom are in my prayers!! (((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Lori my DD was born in Germany and my DS in the US. Both my kids were raised in Germany. I only lived in the US for the last 3 years and a total maybe 5 years. Germany is home for me!

Cheryl what a nice thing to say about Alesia and me:) We are glad to meet you in person too! We both think you are cool!

Off to my workout! I think I will do Step Fit??? After this more going trough my house:( :( :(

I will try to check in later! My PC is brocken again ( I just bought a new computer a few month ago))), so I have to use my DH computer! The four of us using one computer! Not good!! I hope to post my pic. from the RT this weekend!
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.