Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL 9/27/08 - Hilarious!!!

Now look, I saved you time :p:D

And going back to our conversation the other day, there is only ONE Maverick from Arizona

306626864.jpg

Boldheart's Top Gun MAVERICK :D:D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Heck, I'd vote for him! He's got it all - poise, looks, grace and he could herd all of those idiots in congress into one spot and get things done.

Yeah, I guess being a soccer mom is credential enough for running for second-in-command of the US? :confused:

I just dunno. I've spoken with people impressed with her intereviews. :confused::confused::confused: I was embarrassed for her, so I thought maybe I was watching the wrong interviews. I understand she is a newbie to all of this, but shouldn't she at least be educating herself on the issues Americans are concerned about? Shouldn't she know enough about McCain to speak about his plans for the economy? Iraq? etc.? She is his VP pick, maybe my expectations unrealistic? :confused:

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Um...were they listening to what she was(n't) saying?

If this is what impresses people, we're in for trouble!

I don't think they were listening. Or maybe it is a case of selective hearing? :confused: Denial? :confused::confused: I can't even remember the responses when specific answers or non-answers are brought up.

I'm responding to the Michelle Obama is a racist email forward now. Just can't let this one slide since I keep getting it. I'm not even an Obama supporter.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Um...were they listening to what she was(n't) saying?

If this is what impresses people, we're in for trouble!

I just had the misfortune of hearing a couple of Palin sound bites. They were in the sarcastic vein, with her commenting that she's heard about what a great senator Biden is since "I was in, like, second grade." And with that I finally realized what it is I find so grating about her speech pattern. She sounds like Roseanne Barr, with a higher voice. Now I thought Roseanne Barr was funny in her gruff way, but is that what we want in a VP??

I don't think I can watch the debate. It will give me the embarrassment tingles.

Sparrow

I just dunno. I've spoken with people impressed with her intereviews. :confused::confused::confused: I was embarrassed for her, so I thought maybe I was watching the wrong interviews. I understand she is a newbie to all of this, but shouldn't she at least be educating herself on the issues Americans are concerned about? Shouldn't she know enough about McCain to speak about his plans for the economy? Iraq? etc.? She is his VP pick, maybe my expectations unrealistic? :confused:

Hi Autumn - I'm pretty sure you were watching the same interviews as those impressed people did as she's only done like 2 of them. I couldn't agree more about her seeming poorly prepared to be in the position she currently occupies. While it's nice that she has 5 children, I see nothing in her past or present that makes me wish for her to be VP in the future! I am looking forward to the VP debates this Thursday.

Hi Autumn - I'm pretty sure you were watching the same interviews as those impressed people did as she's only done like 2 of them. I couldn't agree more about her seeming poorly prepared to be in the position she currently occupies. While it's nice that she has 5 children, I see nothing in her past or present that makes me wish for her to be VP in the future! I am looking forward to the VP debates this Thursday.

HI MONICA!!!! I am really concerned about the people impressed with her interviews. I agree with you about not wishing her to be the next VP. I am looking forward to the VP debate too. I'll have to mute DH's commentary. :p

Yeah, I guess being a soccer mom is credential enough for running for second-in-command of the US? :confused:

Well, not the soccer mom but the hockey mom, because otherwise, you know I would have been picked. As of this year I am a soccer mom, my state is on the border to Mexico and I can trump her because I have a few stamps in my passport from traveling :D:D

rather ironic...

..that some would blast Palin for being a so-called bubble-headed bimbo, but ignore Biden's claiming that Franklin Roosevelt talked on TV after the stock market crash of 1929! Let's face it -what really makes Palin "stupid" to the Democrats on this forum is merely the fact that she's a Republican! Would you have stood for the "other side" making remarks about Hillary like that had she been the Obama's pick for VP? I doubt it!

..that some would blast Palin for being a so-called bubble-headed bimbo, but ignore Biden's claiming that Franklin Roosevelt talked on TV after the stock market crash of 1929! Let's face it -what really makes Palin "stupid" to the Democrats on this forum is merely the fact that she's a Republican! Would you have stood for the "other side" making remarks about Hillary like that had she been the Obama's pick for VP? I doubt it!

Are you serious? Have you actually LISTENED to the woman? Do you really think we make fun of Palin only because she's a Republican? Biden has said some stupid things, yes. McCain has said some stupid things as well. Heck, so has Hillary and yes, even Obama. They have not said as MANY stupid things or come across as completely ill equipped to do the job they are/were in the running for as Palin. I do have to admit that I'm hoping she does better in the debate than people expect simply because I know she could possibly be in a position to be the VP (and possibly the President - Heaven help us!) of my country, and with her utter lack of any knowledge of what she's doing scares the hell out of me. I really hope that she at least gives me a sense that she's a quick study. :eek::eek::eek:

Um, I disagree. There are tons of Republicans on this forum. People are picking on Palin because she hasn't just made one poor comment (like you say Biden has) but everything that's come out of her mouth has sounded uneducated, inexperienced and, quite frankly--ridiculous. She put herself in this position agreeing to run for VP with absolutely no one knowing who she is. Now people are testing her and seeing if she's capable and knowledgable. And she's failing the test miserably.

Oh, yeah...

Are you serious? Have you actually LISTENED to the woman? Do you really think we make fun of Palin only because she's a Republican? Biden has said some stupid things, yes. McCain has said some stupid things as well. Heck, so has Hillary and yes, even Obama. They have not said as MANY stupid things or come across as completely ill equipped to do the job they are/were in the running for as Palin. I do have to admit that I'm hoping she does better in the debate than people expect simply because I know she could possibly be in a position to be the VP (and possibly the President - Heaven help us!) of my country, and with her utter lack of any knowledge of what she's doing scares the hell out of me. I really hope that she at least gives me a sense that she's a quick study. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm serious. I doubt that even if she does well on Thursday, which I think she will, no opinions will change even if Joe delivers a string of his usual "gaffs." I'm going to retire back into lurkdom now because I usually don't involve myself in these politcal threads - it's futal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.