Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL 9/27/08 - Hilarious!!!

Obama at first did not want to call Emile Jones, and was not going to step into the Illinois politics. Later that week he changed his mind and did call Jones. It will be a happy day when Jones retires, he is one of the most despicable people we have in power here, and it is scary that Obama is so close to him.

I sincerely hope Obama is clean, considering how close he is to becoming president, but it does worry me.

Obama at first did not want to call Emile Jones, and was not going to step into the Illinois politics. Later that week he changed his mind and did call Jones. It will be a happy day when Jones retires, he is one of the most despicable people we have in power here, and it is scary that Obama is so close to him.

I sincerely hope Obama is clean, considering how close he is to becoming president, but it does worry me.

McCain is not exactly Mr. Clean. Keating 5 comes to mind.

I They were in the sarcastic vein, with her commenting that she's heard about what a great senator Biden is since "I was in, like, second grade."
She'd better be careful playing the age card (if that was what she's doing)...look at her own running mate!

Let's face it -what really makes Palin "stupid" to the Democrats on this forum is merely the fact that she's a Republican!

You have GOT to be kidding me! Have you actually listened to what she says?

It seems more the other way around: that some Republicans think she's "great" because she's a Republican/woman/mother of 5, and NOT because she's got what it takes to do the job.

I'd love to see a head-to-head between Hillary Clinton and Palin. It would make so much more obvious how unprepared Palin is for the job.

I'd love to see a head-to-head between Hillary Clinton and Palin. It would make so much more obvious how unprepared Palin is for the job.

Aw man would I LOVE to see that. I'm not a huge Hillary fan but she would BLOW Palin out of the WATER!!

The SNL parody of the interview with Couric was taken word for word (practically) from the actual interview. I wondered if Fey was making it up or it had been scripted only to see the real interview side by side with the SNL spoof. That was what Palin actually SAID! The only thing different really was Palin asking for a "lifeline". That all mixed up goobleygook about health care and job creation was from the actual interview. The other thing that disturbed was the tape of her being prayed over by a pastor talking about witchcraft. That makes me question her intelligence. Also McCain accompanying Palin to another interview session with Couric--looked like he was protecting his daughter and trying to look proud of her at the same time.

The SNL parody of the interview with Couric was taken word for word (practically) from the actual interview. I wondered if Fey was making it up or it had been scripted only to see the real interview side by side with the SNL spoof. That was what Palin actually SAID! The only thing different really was Palin asking for a "lifeline". That all mixed up goobleygook about health care and job creation was from the actual interview. The other thing that disturbed was the tape of her being prayed over by a pastor talking about witchcraft. That makes me question her intelligence. Also McCain accompanying Palin to another interview session with Couric--looked like he was protecting his daughter and trying to look proud of her at the same time.

LOL! I saw that this a.m.--that was classic! She's in the middle of trying to defend herself for yet another tremendous gaffe (this one I believe was when she told a member of the press that she'd invade Pakistan, which was diametrically opposed to McKain's position that you should never reveal who you'll invade) & McKain jumped in & blamed the press for sabotaging her. :rolleyes:

LOL! I saw that this a.m.--that was classic! She's in the middle of trying to defend herself for yet another tremendous gaffe (this one I believe was when she told a member of the press that she'd invade Pakistan, which was diametrically opposed to McKain's position that you should never reveal who you'll invade) & McKain jumped in & blamed the press for sabotaging her. :rolleyes:

Well, Laura, according to McCain this is called gotcha journalism. I guess the press is only supposed to report what is spoonfed to them and cleared before by the McCain campaign.

What really aggrevated me though was the way Palin talked about that voter in her usual demeaning and condenscending way. Her rhetoric really reminds me of another governor from a big state. Oh wait, it's our current prez. Same demeanor, just Palin has a nicer smile.

Well, Laura, according to McCain this is called gotcha journalism. I guess the press is only supposed to report what is spoonfed to them and cleared before by the McCain campaign.

What really aggrevated me though was the way Palin talked about that voter in her usual demeaning and condenscending way. Her rhetoric really reminds me of another governor from a big state. Oh wait, it's our current prez. Same demeanor, just Palin has a nicer smile.

Thank you! I was having a brain fart & couldn't remember the exact term he used. I guess it's only gotcha journalism when they report your flubs. :rolleyes:

Doesn't demeaning & condescending usually mean, I dunno, that you're smarter than the average bear? :confused:

Doesn't demeaning & condescending usually mean, I dunno, that you're smarter than the average bear? :confused:

THANK YOU!!! That's what I would think, but I guess the rules on that are being rewritten.

But you know who cares about knowledge these days, as long as we can all identify with the politicians we vote for, who cares that the economy goes to hell and a handbasket, as long as we can go out with them and have a beer :confused:

I love the "smarter than the average bear" expression, I have to remember that.

McKain jumped in & blamed the press for sabotaging her. :rolleyes:

If she can't field questions from the press without choking, how would she ever deal with negotiations with foreign leaders, etc. (in spite of all her "experience with foreign affairs" :confused:)

If I were a Republican, I would be so PISSED for not having her $hit together at this point.

As a Democrat, I'm so PISSED for not having her $hit together at this point.

Seriously, I'm ok that anyone may have a different opinion with what's right for the country, and I'm ok with giving a rising star a chance to prove themselves on the national scene, but I'm not ok with someone with the hubris to "not blink" but can't spend a little bit more time studying and understanding HER team's platform let alone the issues that are on everyone's mind.

Decent slate article: http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2008/09/30/palin_pity/index1.html

If I were a Republican, I would be so PISSED for not having her $hit together at this point.

Yeah that's the thing. I'm a Conservative woman, though as I've said before I consider myself more of a Libertarian these days, but nevertheless would love to be excited at the thought of the first female vice-president being a Conservative. That should be rocking my socks off but instead I just find myself cringing every time she opens her mouth. She is completely out of her league, COMPLETELY, and it shows.

Is this the best we can do?

Sparrow

ETA: ya know, I'm hope I'm wrong. I hope McCain and Palin get in and do a bang-up job and I can eat some crow. I hope the same thing if Obama and Biden get in and do a bang-up job. I don't want the president and vp to fail, that doesn't help anyone. It frustrates me that we are so mired in this endless battle over who is worse, Democrats or Republicans. I'll bet if we went back through US history and counted up all the skeezbags it would split pretty much right down the middle.

Sigh.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!! That's what I would think, but I guess the rules on that are being rewritten.

But you know who cares about knowledge these days, as long as we can all identify with the politicians we vote for, who cares that the economy goes to hell and a handbasket, as long as we can go out with them and have a beer :confused:

I love the "smarter than the average bear" expression, I have to remember that.

Aw, poor Carola, not having grown up w/the benefit of mindless children's cartoons. That's from Yogi Bear. He always stole campers' picnic baskets. :cool:

Yeah I'm going w/Bill Maher on this one (big surprise, huh?). Personally I don't want to identify w/my elected leaders. I want them to be much smarter than I am.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.