Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL 9/27/08 - Hilarious!!!

What I really don't understand are the former Hillary supporters who are falling in line behind Palin. WTH?? The only thing those two women have in common are chromosomes.

:confused:

So they only voted for Hillary because she's a woman?
I didn't think most women were that shallow or unintelligent. Guess I was wrong.:(

I actually thought when McCain picked Palin, women would be so disgusted that he thought they were that stupid - (voting for a woman only because she's a woman) he would never recover! The next thing I know, he's up 50% with women!!!WTH!:eek:

Personally, I found it insulting.

Tina Fey is so incredibly talented.........hey, now we can point to one thing Sarah Palin has done for the feminist cause: for the first time in history, female comedians have more worthwhile political material than the dudes!

Thanks Sarah! LMAO!

I'm looking forward to McCain/Palin winning the election so I can see more funny skits like this! Thanks for sharing. :)

Tina Fey is so incredibly talented.........hey, now we can point to one thing Sarah Palin has done for the feminist cause: for the first time in history, female comedians have more worthwhile political material than the dudes!

Thanks Sarah! LMAO!

True. I love watching Tina Fey and Amy Poehler working together again. Unfortunately, Fey's plate is pretty full with other projects and the only reason she's 'doing' Palin is because it was such an obvious fit it was too hard to resist. Poehler has also said this will be her last season on SNL. If McCain/Palin win, though, I'm sure the two of them will HAVE to stick around. Much as I love Fey & Poehler I'd rather never see either of them again than watch four more years of steady and certain decline for my country under McCain/Palin. I'm truly sick with worry that Obama might win the popular vote and McCain the electoral. I know right now the numbers favor Obama/Biden but if the last two elections have taught us anything it's that modern Americans who vote are a fickle lot and chose their leaders for the most frivolous of reasons at the worst possible times. Add to that the underlying racism that most white Americans don't even know is guiding them... the worst that could happen is always a possibility.

Hi,

That was so funny!!! Thanks for sharing! Hopefully Palin will do better when she debates on Thursday.

Regina

Both she and Obama lack a certain amount of experience...enough to concern me. Yet Obama doesn't set alarms off the way Palin does, and I can't decide if that's because he's so well-spoken or if he truly is smart enough to make up for the lack of experience in a short period of time.

I wish Palin had the sense to turn McCain down. I know it's an honor, but one sign of intelligence and good judgment is knowing one's limitations.

I don't think the question is experience, the question is judgement. Experience in my opinion doesn't equal length of time. You can have someone with years and years of experience but what good is that if they keep doing the same dumb or wrong thing?

If you look at Abe Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, undoubtedly two of the greatest presidents in America's history, Lincoln served two terms in the Illinois State legislator and two years in the U.S House of Representatives before being elected president. Roosevelt's experience was a governor from New York for two years and vice president for 6 months before being sworn into office.

The more I listen to McCain and look at the decisions he makes the more I think he lacks judgement and does not have a grasp of the complexity of issues we are now facing as a nation. Just look at Sarah Palin as a VP pick, it was a political move to galvanize the pro-life base of his party and an attempt to snatch the angry Hillary supporters. This was NOT country first! The more I think about it the more it confirms my opinion of McCain having sexist and chauvinist tendencies. How dumb must he think women are?

Economy, as McCain has admitted is not his strong suit. He will continue that failed policies of the past 8 years, why in the world would we keep doing the same dumb thing over and over again and expect different results.
I don't know what is more frightening McCain being elected president and serving his full term, or McCain elected president and Sarah Palin taking over.

My issue with Sarah Palin is her condenscending, arrogant and spiteful rhetoric when she talks about their opponents. If she wants to ridicule an opponent's judgement and knowledge she better backs it up with her own smarts and knowledge. Based on what I have heard from her so far I don't think she has a leg to stand on.

I just LOVE Tina Fey!!!!!! I almost fell of my chair watching that skit.

If you look at Abe Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, undoubtedly two of the greatest presidents in America's history, Lincoln served two terms in the Illinois State legislator and two years in the U.S House of Representatives before being elected president. Roosevelt's experience was a governor from New York for two years and vice president for 6 months before being sworn into office.
I was just going to do that actually. I was going to start reading through a list of former presidents to get an idea of what passed for "experience" in the past.

The more I listen to McCain and look at the decisions he makes the more I think he lacks judgement and does not have a grasp of the complexity of issues we are now facing as a nation. Just look at Sarah Palin as a VP pick, it was a political move to galvanize the pro-life base of his party and an attempt to snatch the angry Hillary supporters. This was NOT country first!
I couldn't agree more. Those were my very thoughts when he announced Palin. I don't like that win-at-all-costs strategy.

Funny! Funny! Funny! Hopefully Palin will do better than expected during the VP debate this Thursday. Since they have set the expectations so low for , she can not fail.

I'm not even sure it matters how well either of the VP candidates does.

Look at Dan Quale (Quayle?) (sp?), one of the most idiotic VPs in history. His stupidity didn't cost George the 1st the office. (And he was also chosen for his looks! I remember back at that time, there was some buzz about him looking like Robert Redford or some star).

I don't think it matters as much w/Obama, but if we're gonna have a 72 YO pres who's suffered from cancer more than once, I really really want his VP to have half a brain. Or at least I'd settle for half in this instance, b/c the alternative is just too flippin scary.

I don't think it matters as much w/Obama, but if we're gonna have a 72 YO pres who's suffered from cancer more than once, I really really want his VP to have half a brain. Or at least I'd settle for half in this instance, b/c the alternative is just too flippin scary.

Hear Hear!! Besides, as a woman, I do NOT want the first female President to be Palin as she would "prove" everything male chauvenist pigs always say about women and would set us back 100 years.

My DH is a die hard republican who, believe it or not, wanted Hillary to be the nominee. He does not like Obama, but will vote for Obama because Palin scares the hell out of him and he thinks McCain has lost it in his old age.

Okay - I saw this and HAD to post it here...

political-pictures-vladimir-putin-see-alaska-from-here.jpg

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO Christine!!!!!

I live in a red state, and people are talking about how "impressed" they are with Palin. :confused:

I was just going to do that actually. I was going to start reading through a list of former presidents to get an idea of what passed for "experience" in the past.

Now look, I saved you time :p:D

And going back to our conversation the other day, there is only ONE Maverick from Arizona

306626864.jpg

Boldheart's Top Gun MAVERICK :D:D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

That scares me. :eek:

Me too as much as the hate & lies I hear spewed about Obama. I am not dancing with joy for either ticket, but I am not going to vote based on lies and ridiculous email forwards. :rolleyes: If I have to hear "and Obama is a muslim" one more time.....

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.