The Biggest Loser New Season

JT

Cathlete
This show is one of my biggest motivators. I didn't watch last season but feel it's a good time with Xtrain.

Hi,

I feel the same way. Kind of tough to come up with an excuse for not getting your workout in when youre watching teams of people with hundred/s of pounds to lose bring it :D

Really happy to see Jillian back!

Vicky

I am so glad it's back on! I just love the show! I am excited Jillian is back....some people think she is too hard on the people...but I DON'T....those people need someone to push them, they are there because someone has told them everything will be okay....well its not. You cant baby them.... So glad she back....just love it! Cant wait to watch tonights show!!:D

I also love this show (and need Kleenex, too, Tash!) - it's so inspirational and motivating!

I love that they brought a few Kids this year on to the show to battle childhood obesity. The First Lady Michelle Obama started working on this campaign and I think the Biggest Loser show will help a lot!

I just had a thought... if your kids were caught smoking, drinking, and doing drugs they would be told how BAD it is for their health. It's about time they are being told how bad obesity is for their health!

I'm a fan of the Biggest Loser as well. Glad it's back on and nice to see what they are doing with the kids. I had to record the last half of it, it was time for me to go to bed. :)

I love the show too! I do like to see Jillian back, but boy she had a lot of tough love! (Of course they only show small film clips of the whole week).

Those kids are precious! And, Sunny is from my home"town" Rochester, NY.

I liked the way they incorporated the kids. Very thoughtful. Hope the "ambassadors" do well!

Only watched for one hour tonight since Anthony Bourdain was in Dublin for The Layover.

I'm watching Sunday night's show now, I could do without actually seeing the cookies being tossed. I'm glad Jillian didn't replace Dolvet, he has one of the nicest smiles I've ever seen.

I guess I am the only one that finds this show disgusting. I haven't watched it in a while and haven't been able to get through a whole season. I think it degrades overweight people and shamelessly promotes products. It misleads people who are trying to lose weight in a healthy way. There is no modifying of exercises. I was horrified to see these people doing box jumps. I know most of it is for shock value and entertainment but it just makes me sick. I watched about 10 minutes of it last night and had to turn it off. Jillian just makes me sick inside. Talk about bullying and abusive behavior. No one in real life would pay to have a trainer treat them that way and there is no trainer out there that would ever treat a client that way.

I'm glad some people find it motivating.

I only watched the first night so far, but Jane, I was feeling the same way. Jillian was being completely belligerent with her team. I wasn't inspired at all. I do like that they are trying to tackle childhood obesity. At least the kids were being treated with dignity (from what I watched).

I hope it gets better because I have always enjoyed this show and seeing the transformation the contestants go through!

Lisa

They are very tough on them but maybe that's exactly what they need and want. The show has been on long enough for them to know exactly what they are getting themselves into. It must be motivating to alot of people or it wouldn't be so popular for so long. If that's what it takes to get them healthy then it must be a good thing, alot of people seem to have success on the show and I am sure alot people watching say if they can do it so can I.:)

Lioness- I am so with you. I think the show sets unrealistic expectations regarding weight loss. At least they get shocked when the doctor assesses their health and they learn healthy eating habits.

But there is no way they can maintain that level of exercise nor should they.

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

After watching last night, I feel that Jillian will learn that she cannot push so much that she'll lose team members. On Dr. OZ, she said she has less patience since her and her partner adopted kids.
Yes, the program works with many years of success. This discussion will only help ratings just like Anthony Bourdain and Paula Deen. Both shows benefited from their exchange of words.

I guess I am the only one that finds this show disgusting. I haven't watched it in a while and haven't been able to get through a whole season. I think it degrades overweight people and shamelessly promotes products. It misleads people who are trying to lose weight in a healthy way. There is no modifying of exercises. I was horrified to see these people doing box jumps. I know most of it is for shock value and entertainment but it just makes me sick. I watched about 10 minutes of it last night and had to turn it off. Jillian just makes me sick inside. Talk about bullying and abusive behavior. No one in real life would pay to have a trainer treat them that way and there is no trainer out there that would ever treat a client that way.

Agreed! Imo i do not like Jilllian. Not because of hardness, i just cant stand her mouth.

I don't think the show degrades anyone at all; everyone on the show wants to be there and get healthy. Most of the population finds it motivating! How can it not be -- seeing 300/400+ pound people working their tails off and loving their results?! Getting rid of their diabetes, lengthening their lives, and being healthy enough to play with their children? They learn skills that they will have for the rest of their life!

I do agree that exercise modifications would probably be better for these people - but they have been cleared medically to participate in the show. They have professional trainers working with them, and medical staff on hand (thank God).

I think it's awesome that so many overweight people are finding the courage, making the commitment, and strive for the drive to change their lives! They can win money and get the help they really need. Badly.

I agree that Jillian's tactic is not one that works for everyone - it certainly wouldn't work for me. Personal trainers are NOT taught to treat people the way she does. Because of it the one girl on the White team up and left therefore making her team lose the weigh in which forced the guy to go home - he wanted to be there and wasn't ready to leave. That sucked. Now they are down TWO people. I do blame Jillian for that.

Dolvett and Bob motivate the people in a POSITIVE way. Did you notice how Bob's guy wanted to give up on those awful burpees until Bob reminded him about his son? That's what got his ass up and moving! That is positive encouragement. Dolvett is the same way - pushy but positive.

I just felt I needed to write in and defend the integrity of the show - if you disagree then so be it... but we all love Cathe and fitness, and I think we all really want to stop this obesity epidemic. What works for one person might not work for the next. And we all see things in a different perspective.

I love this show as well. I love to see the transformations. I do get tired of the product endorsements - they are so forced. I wish they would show more about the food they are eating and what they are provided in the kitchen.

I missed the first episode of this season but watched last night's episode. Love that Jillian is back and I love Dulvett as well. I agree, he has a great smile.

Tracee

I don't like Jillian's style, either. For that reason, I have never been able to watch the show. I had 2 ab workout DVDs by her and I had to give them away because she made me so mad with the yelling and the rudeness and the condescending attitude.

I LOVE Cathe's style; her helpful, encouraging, "we're in it with you", "we're feeling it too" kind of style motivates me to do anything she tells me to do. Someone yelling at me has the opposite effect.

I also agree that what the trainers are pushing these morbidly obese, long-time "couch potatoes" to do is very dangerous. I thing they should ease into it a bit more.

That being said, this is a TV show; it's about entertainment. And the show definitely motivates a LOT of people-so that is an excellent thing.

I don't think the show degrades anyone at all; everyone on the show wants to be there and get healthy. Most of the population finds it motivating! How can it not be -- seeing 300/400+ pound people working their tails off and loving their results?! Getting rid of their diabetes, lengthening their lives, and being healthy enough to play with their children? They learn skills that they will have for the rest of their life!

I do agree that exercise modifications would probably be better for these people - but they have been cleared medically to participate in the show. They have professional trainers working with them, and medical staff on hand (thank God).

I think it's awesome that so many overweight people are finding the courage, making the commitment, and strive for the drive to change their lives! They can win money and get the help they really need. Badly.

I agree that Jillian's tactic is not one that works for everyone - it certainly wouldn't work for me. Personal trainers are NOT taught to treat people the way she does. Because of it the one girl on the White team up and left therefore making her team lose the weigh in which forced the guy to go home - he wanted to be there and wasn't ready to leave. That sucked. Now they are down TWO people. I do blame Jillian for that.

Dolvett and Bob motivate the people in a POSITIVE way. Did you notice how Bob's guy wanted to give up on those awful burpees until Bob reminded him about his son? That's what got his ass up and moving! That is positive encouragement. Dolvett is the same way - pushy but positive.

I just felt I needed to write in and defend the integrity of the show - if you disagree then so be it... but we all love Cathe and fitness, and I think we all really want to stop this obesity epidemic. What works for one person might not work for the next. And we all see things in a different perspective.
It's too bad I can only "like" your post instead of "love" it.

Honestly, Dolvett and Bob would be too distracting. Jillian would be yelling at me to pay attention. Those two men are fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.