Swollen Hearts for our Bambino Valentines--Check in

Allison~ I did Core Fusion yesterday AM, but it didn't have hand weights. I wonder if it's the "same one"? You'll have to take a look at fittv.com & let me know. I didn't mind it. I'm very stiff though, and it hurts to stretch. It's difficult to believe that I was a gymnast in school!

Susan~ we celebrated with the dinner last night. That's more than we normally do for Anniversaries. We're kinda boring that way. I think I must be the only one who hasn't had intimacy since delivery? At first I thought it was b/c of my weight, but now that it's almost gone I still don't have much libido...which really isn't like me. I would do it, but DH has ZERO libido & I don't have that much ambition to go after it. LOL Maybe in a couple more weeks. I'll keep everyone posted.

I was pleased that my scale remained at 142lbs. Normally when I go 'off" my strict clean diet I gain 2-3 lbs that stick with me for a good week. I was all prepared for that!

I got a little over 7 hours of sleep last night, but feel very exhausted. It seems like I function better with only 6 for some reason? My girls nursed ALOT last night. Each must have had at in 3 times each. I bought some size 1 diapers (b/c they are cheaper than NB size) and they a re HUGE on my girls. LOL I think I'll have to get a couple more NB sizes.

I'm going to try to go to MOPS this AM, then a quick w/o when I get home b4 DH goes fishing! What's everyone else up to?

Waves to all!

LIS bi/tri done. Kara woke up as I was doing my last set of tris. I think I will try and start working out at 5am if she keeps sleeping in..that way I can get chores done durind her morning nap. I used to workout that early all the time..but its been a while..will take some getting used to!
Melanie-yes keep us posted! We are rooting for ya. What if you went fishing with dh and seduced him there lol Whatcha eating today?

so far for me
pb/toast/ 2 clementines
protein pancake

some kind of soup/sandwhich for lunch
gumbo for dinner..chicken and seafood in it

Ok so here is the post I started earlier:
Mel- What is MOPS? I wondered about your sex life (how strange does that sound?) because you weren't posting anything raunchy. :p I've only gone after it once and most of the other time its poor DH begging for it. I told him he needs to romance me more which he did last night and it was really good. I started out thinking about the chili I was cooking and don't remember much after that. :D I never bought STS cardio; I just have STS. I'm sorry to hear that your dad is not getting any better. I agree that the trip will be worth it.
BIG HUGS!

Allison- I thought the exact same thing about Meso 1 Disc 1 with all the pushups! I am a knees girl too. One of my ultimate fitness goals is to do them on my toes. Maybe we can help each other towards this goal???

I think I did too many deadlifts this weekend and that is why my back was bothering me.

I got busy at work...BBL!

Melanie-yes keep us posted! We are rooting for ya. What if you went fishing with dh and seduced him there lol Whatcha eating today?

And since she has those hole-in-the-crotch panties, well, the access is quite easy LOL

I crack myself up. :D

Susan, 5 *AM*? Do you know how EARLY that is?

Jen, I'm sure DH was happy to have so much fun last night ;) I'm thinking doing plank work regularly will help with the ultimate goal of doing a pushup on the toes. What do you think? Even in plank position, I can't do much of the fancy stuff -- I'm happy to just hold myself there LOL

Melanie, have fun at MOPS. (I wasn't familiar with it so googled it -- Jen, it's Mothers of Preschoolers.) When will you guys go visit your parents? And great news about the 142 on the scale!

Whew! Calmed down at work now. I started posting earlier and then stuff hit the fan. Finally eating my meatball minestrone soup. YUM!

Allison- So Mel's DH can go "fishing" in her crotchless panties??? :p How horrible are we making jokes at her expense??? ;) Yours made me LOL! I've been doing more plank work just to help pull in these saggy abs. Jackie Warner's abs w/o has a plank variation where you start on your elbows in a full plank and then use one arm at a time and then the other to push yourself up into a full plank and then you go back down. Does it make sense? I think those will also help with the u/b endurance. I'm a googler too...Why didn't I think of that??? Makes sense now...

Susan- I might be up with you at 5 am soon if James starts sleeping more consistently. I can't get any workouts done after work...the time just flies by and then its time to go to bed.

I like asparagus too! Sorry don't remember right now who posted it. I'll try to be better about posting my meals too.

b: ww eng muff w smear of butter, egg beaters with mozz chz, banana and coffee
s: oatmeal
l: meatball minestrone soup, 2 garlic knots
Dont know about the rest of the day but dinner most likely the veggie chili

MOPS went well---Mothers of Preschoolers. The girls were a big hit! Jadon would not go to his room though...he is so shy & quite the moma's boy. He is really good & not a bother to have next to me...but eventually he'll have to learn to socialize!

Ya Ya. Nice jokes about my sex (or lack of sex) life. Maybe if I wore a sexy mermaid outfit? Ha Ha. I just don't really have much of a libido....but I can feel it starting to stir a bit. Can you believe it's been a year? Seriously. My doctor forbid relations during my pregnancy. :eek:

DH is making a nice fish lunch. For breakfast I had steel cut oats & coffee. I'll make some veggies to go with my fish & milk ;)

Allison and Jen-you girls are bbbaadd today HA..too funny! Im sure Melanie will be filling our days with her sexy talk before long..we miss it!
Allison-I am an early riser...5 is my normal wake up time..I know Im weird!! I have always been that way
In MIssissippi Hlaey and I went to MAPS..mothers and preschoolers..loved it! I will do it again when Kara is older. She is napping now..for 55 min..so Im sure she'll be up soon.
I had broccolli soup and some turkey for lunch..NO dessert!
Off to fold clothes and empty dishwasher!

Melanie-do you buy choc milk or make it from white? just curious. I hate white milk but LOVE choc milk..and really shoudl drink it since I don't get a lot of other calcuim sources. Im trying to eat lowfat cheese daily..and there is cottage cheese in my protein pancakes.
Been playing with Kara. She rolled over yesterday for the first time. I love my girls!!!! Picked up Haley from school and about to take her to gymnastics.
I have decided that dh and Haley are having gumbo...but I am having pea soup, cheese and crackers. I feel like eating light tonight then having my oatmeal before bed.

Attachments

• kfeb17.jpg
    kfeb17.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 13
  • feb,17,2010.jpg
    feb,17,2010.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 12
CUTE pictures, Susan. Kara is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! I normally make chocolate milk w/Nestle Quick (the lower sugar kind)......sometimes I buy it commerically made but I almost need to mix it 1/2 with white milk b/c it's too chocolately! :p I was just looking at water bottles that are 12 ounces so I can make my own for work. It's $ to purchase by single servings!

You sure like your oatmeal, don't you? I just finished my steel cut oats, I should make another batch. It works so swell to precook & then warm in AM. I usually put some nuts on it (along with I can't believe it's not butter & splenda). Sometimes I slice 1/2 banana (saving the other 1/2 for a smoothie).

Menu:

B: steel cut oats, coffee
S: snack @ MOPS (2 slices summer sausage, 4 slices cheese)
L: fish, green beans, choc milk, 3 tbs mashed potatoes
S: 1/2 tuna,cheese,spinich,WW bread sammy, 6 oz Pepsi (we are out of diet)
D: 2 egg omelet (cilantro,cheese,black beans,turkey), choc milk
S: Protein Smoothie -or- vitamuffin

SuzieQ~ would you please give me your recipe for protein pancakes again?

Allison~ I work on Monday & we plan on leaving either when I get home or super early the next morning. I'm excited to show off my girls!!! My grandma,grandpa,& 3 brothers live in Kenosha still...so it'll kinda be like a reunion. My family doesn't know I'm coming. I like to just suprise them.

Last edited:
Hi glas, whole family has the flu adn hubby is still not better. He is going back to the doctor tomrorow. I think he needs a different antibiotic. HE is so sick. In ten years, he has NEVER stayed home. I am fighting it. Booo.
Melanie- Do not worry about not wanting any! Neither do I! I conisder it a courtesy and I usually think about grocery lists while in action. My libido is somewhere back in teh second trimester and it does not look like it will surface soon. I am so impressed that you have been with hubby 18 years. Wow. You go girl! And happy to hear that the scale cooperated even after some yummy treats! Does Jadon go to preschool or is it just a group? My almost four year old is still home with me. And we may wait till kindergarten, so I am curious what you are doing.
Allison and Jen- ROTFL, the crotchless ice fishing image is a riot! Too funny!
And I am with you guys on not liking push ups a whole lot. I think it is just because I really suck at them. I hate push ups and sit ups. I will start STS when I get everyone back on naps!
Jen- saw on FB about your coworker, hope that you are okay.
Allison - Great recipe, I will post my asparagus ones this weekend. I have one from cooking light that is a pasta dish with a gorgonzola sauce and walnuts and asparagus.
I will take notes on teh personals later and get back to all of you. John is screaming and the other guys are upstairs trying to nap. I am aching to work out and the baby is not cooperating. Gross. I can hear him farting like mad over there. Maybe after he gets all that out he will sleep.

Thanks everyone, your support (regarding my Dad) means alot to me!

Christine~ sorry your DH is sick! That sux! And I know how miserable you are when your not able to get a great workout in. Hang in there!!

Jadon does NOT go to preschool, and I"m not sure if I'll even make him go next year. He is such a joy to have at the house & he doesn't want to go! lol

I took him to MOPS this AM, which is a group of moms who hang out and do crafts/socialize while the babies & preschoolers go into another room and hang out with other kids their age (and do crafts & gross motor skill stuff). It's an awesome program. I kept babies with me b/c they're too little to go into nursery (in my opinion) and Jadon ended up staying with me too (b/c he's so shy).

Melanie-I do LOVE oatmeal. My fav way is with pecans! I treat myself with a little brown sugar in it every once and a while. I prefer steel cut, but lately have just been eating old fashioned.

Protein pancakes
1cup oatemeal, quick cooking, never tried it with old fashioned.
1cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
dash of vanilla
Puree in blender and cook like pancakes. some people put a little splenda or sugar in them, but I find them tasty as is.

Christine-sorry you guys are sick. Kara farts like a man..cracks me up everytime. Poor girl doesnt know what shes in store for with this family!..potty humor and all. Hope John takes a good nap for you after he's deflated!

Thanks, Susan!

We also come from a long line of farters.

I just put some fake eye lashes on the ends of my lashes. I really like it. Any bets if DH will notice? Anyone do this before? There's no directions for taking them OFF?

My youngest four are screaming! Gotta run!

Fake eyelashes and spanx. Pun intended? Hee hee.
Glad to hear about your view on preschool. I get a LOT of criticism about keeping him home. He tried it for three weeks and hated it. I will have to look up MOPS. He reallly wants to be home and is AWESOME about helping me with cleaning and my exrecise time.
I just got three minutes into a video and some reject rang the doorbell. Now John is up with me. WTH do I have to do to get a workout in around here? I am debaing throwing jimmy and john in the stroller and getting an extra run in. YOu know what, I think that is what I will do. I ma outta here ladies. Going to run. Then the kids can scream while I rock out to some Black Eyed Peas. They always make me run fast. See ya tonight gals!

Jen & Christine, here's a MOPS link: http://www.mops.org/

How was your run, Christine? I need to download some good running music. I've been listening to Rocky's Soundtrack (Eye of the Tiger) & Queen (We are the Champions).

I just downloaded some Tone Loc Funky Cold Medena! LOL My girls wouldn't stop screaming, so I put my Shape Ups on, and put my mp3 player on highest volume and danced with one in each arm for the past 30 minutes. Whew. What an arm workout!!! Can I count this as a workout? LOL I hope DH comes home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.