Swollen Hearts for our Bambino Valentines--Check in

melanalyus

Cathlete
Good morning to all you wonderful mommies & Happy Valentine's Day!

I got a ripe 5 hours of sleep last night & am hoping to hit the sack early tonight for my full day of work tomorrow. ha ha. Now how silly does that sound? I've been up for only an hour and I"m thinking of going to bed already? :eek::eek: Actually I feel pretty good right now, but I sometimes feel like crashing a few hours after I awake. lol

Let's see. DS1 has four friends over; there's was a Valentine's dance at school last night & they came home afterwards. I hope to get them all out house by 10AM, so the family can have their first outing together to God's House this AM. Then I plan on thiefing Susan's idea of dipping strawberries into chocolate this PM.

Today's workout is "5K"......I'm hoping to run in under 30 minutes. I will do a little upper body strength & abs at end. I was really bummed out that I saw a BOSU workout on FitTV last night (at 11PM)....as I just got off elliptical and was in no condition to do it. There are very few BOSU workouts out there...I woulda liked to have tried it. Has anyone done any of the FitTV workouts? Core Fusion is on there too...Allision.

Jen, I was going to tell you something but I totally forgot what it was. :p I remember now! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR WEEONE IS IN 6 MONTH CLOTHES!! And do you think it's possible that you might have gotten knocked up again?!? How many supplement bottles have been giving? You know I got pg with #3 while nursing #2!!!

Christine, how's everyone doing at your place? Recouped from your ER event? I wish we lived closer, I'd totally learn how to give shots and stuff. That way we could trade services. I'd watch your two........and then you could watch my five........oh wait, that wouldn't be a fair trade! Hmmmm..... We'd work something out! ........how are your new dumbbell thingies?

Precilla, how's pumping and work going? How much milk do you express each time?

Allison, how are your new workouts?

Okay, I"m off to have a bowel movement, then a quick shower......then some coffee. Sunday morning here I come!!!!!!

Is everyone eating too much chocolate to show up??ha! We are having a lazy day...laying around/ playing wii/ eating!
Mel-how did church go??? Hope your strawberries are good! Here is a pic of ours..Haley was proud of her work...they are sooo good.
Waves to everyone!

Attachments

• strawberries.jpg
    strawberries.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.14.10.1.jpg
    2.14.10.1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 22
Hi Susan. It's a ghosttown around here on the weekends, huh?

Church went well, I barely got in the door before the congregation attacked me (or should I say the girls). LOL

The strawberries were fun, but they don't look as good as yours & the kids won't eat them. Oh well.

I did my 5K in under 30 minutes, so happy with that. Then I did some abs, shoulders, biceps, & tricep work.

Mellow day today.

Melanie-glad you got in a good workout. I have eaten my weight in sugar today!!! Im sure the girls were a big hit at church!! How sweet!

I lost count of how many chocolate covered strawberries I've eaten. I also had pizza for lunch. So, I haven't had the stellar diet today either. lol I guess it was my weekly "cheat meal" that The Abs Diet endorses. I'm about ready to have a smoothie. Won't forget to put the spinich in it this time!

Thanks for the comment on the girls. I am pretty proud that I was able to get a photo of them both smiling together!

I work tomorrow, thus I'll be AWOL. I'll be back on Tuesday.

Happy Sunday! And LOVE day!
Melanie- The girls look so adorable! How did u get BOTH of them smiling??? Sounds like you got a great w/o in! No i don't think I'm pregnant already. DH felt a lil nauseous last night too. Maybe it was a mild bug cause I feel better today. But it has got us talking about if there was an OOPS! DH is all for it! Me? Not so much....not yet.

Susan- Haley and Kara look so cute together and the strawberries look YUM!

Got a bunch of cleaning done and washed James 6 mo clothes. Its really the sleepers w the feet that he needs in 6 mo because he is long! Went to Kohls and got three cute shirts and J a Birthday Boy bib while DH worked in the yard. No workout. I'm off tomorrow so I hope to get cardio n weights in since I got everything done today. :)

Hey, guys!

I finally tried Travel Fit today. I liked it! I still haven't started STS. I keep telling myself it's because Drew's sleep habits are still not totally solid, but I think I'm using that as an excuse now!

I think he's cutting a tooth; he keeps flicking his tongue over the same spot of his lower gum. He's also had some weird crying jags for no reason.

Melanie, what an awesome picture of your little cupids! They look so cute in their bibs :) I am all for a "cheat" day. Most of the time, it reminds me why I try to eat better because I end up feeling like crap from the cheating LOL Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight, so that work will be more bearable tomorrow. I didn't know the Core Fusion workouts were on FitTV. I don't watch that channel; I can never remember what number it is!

Susan, your girls are so beautiful. The pictures you posted in last week's thread and again today are priceless! Glad your strawberries were such a hit. (Melanie, if you use regular chocolate chips, it helps to add a bit of shortening while melting to make the chocolate smooth. Or buy the dipping chocolate disks; you can find them at Michael's.)

Jen, it's bittersweet to pack up the outgrown clothes, isn't it? Sniff sniff. Drew is already in 9 month clothes! I have put aside a few outfits to keep (like the one he came home in), but have to get the rest out of his room -- there is a pile in the corner that is about 3 feet high!

Christine, I hope you have had a calm few days since the ER scare. I am going to admit to you all -- I was too scared to cut Ella's nails so I bit them (but I would clean them first LOL) while she had a bottle. And I hear you on the TV -- I park Ella in front of the idiot box to work out also. But Drew isn't so compliant; he fusses to be picked up. He is SUCH a baby sometimes :p

Well, ladies, romance is dead at my house LOL DH didn't even get me a card this year. We aren't big V'Day people, but we always do a card. I bought steaks for dinner (which was nice of me, because I'm not a steak person at all), and Ella and I made brownies for dessert. Nothing exciting here!

HI!
Melanie-I'll send you some good vibes for tomorrow!! We'll miss you!
Jen-sound like you have had a nice weeekend! Kara is also in 6months clothes..they are a little big..but the 3 mo's were just a tad to small...espcailly the footed pj's
Allison-HI! How is Drew sleeping? Kara has had a set back..but its getting better..I hope! Dh and I don't go overbaord on V day either. This year we did decide to do more for special days instead of finding excuses not to though. We had a nice day. I bought some cute heart panties that are for later. :D

Hi Christine and Pricilla!!!

Thanks for all our your comments on the photo!

off to watch O's and get this baby in bed.

Morning!
Hope everyone got some sleep! Kara got up at 11 and 3.
Melanie-hope your day goes well!
Jen-what workout are you gonna do today?
Christine-I hope all is well with you guys!!
Allison-you starting sts today??
Pricilla-how are you??

Haley is home today so we'll just hang out/play whatever. I need to hit the grcoery to stock up on fruit/veggies. I am really feeling GROSS from all the sugar I ate yesterday. I haven' eaten that much in years..my fingers look like sausages!
Workout will be from 4ds rotation..I think its back and chest.

time for coffee and a LOT of water!

Good morning everyone! DH cooked breakfast for us this morning. We sat James in his high chair (3 in 1) so he could watch and "eat" with us. He really enjoyed it. :)

Allison- We are hanging on to James's stuff and storing it away in the event that we have another little boy. I hear ya on the romance. Seems like DH and I are roommates now that we are parents instead of a couple. ;) We do have our moments. :)

Hope today's not too bad today Mel! Thinking of you!

Susan- I still don't know what workout I want to do. I've been on the computer contemplating it. I did Ab Ripper X from P90X at the prompting of DH and my abs are sore two days later! I love that feeling.

Well better get moving. J is down for his long morning nap so I better get to workin out!

Hi all,
I know I have not been around much since Titus was born. I was doing really well for a couple of months on working out, but was not eating well. Now I am not even working out because I feel tired. At the moment DH and I are sick, so not a very happy valentines day for our family. I hope to be on more regularly over the next couple weeks and catch up with each of you.

Mel - I love the pic of the girls both smiling, great work.
Jen - Titus is getting too long for his 3 month clothes too, although I can still squeeze him into a few.

Happy Delayed V-Day!!!!

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. Not so much going on for us. We went to church yesterday and DH took me out to eat BUT....

Melanie, taking about attack, this couple at church decided to invite themselves to our dinner UGRRRR

I guess the reason I was aggravated is because that woman managed to make some comments to get on my nerves. One day when I said my baby was coliky (spell?) and that I didn't know the beans I eat and the milk I drink might have been the reason, she said OMG you were killing him(it's not what she says but the way she says it), Then yesterday, she asked how much we weight and I said 11.6 pounds, she kept moving her head like Hum, you're gonna have a little piggy. Really, his dr doesn't think so..

Anyways, it seems like we all had our "cheat day" yesterday, we went to a Salvodorian restaurant and even though the portion they served were small (say 1/3 cup of rice), I ate so many freaking chips and salsa that I screwed myself, oh well. I have been working hard and lost 2 pounds last week. So, this week I'm back on trackkkkk

Susan and Melanie, how beautiful are your girls. I wish I can have a baby girl in the future, maybe 2 years from now. I have 3 beautiful nieces and 1 more coming but I'd like to have my own now that I have the most adorable and huggable and kissable and squeezable baby boy.

Melanie, I managed to pump anywhere from 4-6 ounces each time mostly during the week, during the weekends I nurse him (no pumping at all)

Jen, my baby is in a transition right now, some of his 0-3 month are too small for him, so I've been buying 3-6 and they are too big, but they grow soooo fast. Ahh, I've only done Ab ripper once and like you I was so sore for days then I attempted it like 2-3 weeks post partum and I stop say 1 minute into it, I had no strenght at all, I wonder if I can do it now.

Allison,, I totally hear you. I have STS and Chalean xtreme and haven't used any, and of course I have Shock Cario and have only done Athletic Step. I guess I'm not a rotation gal but I DO want to do STS some time. I wanna try Plyo legs first

Christine, I read your post from last week and I hope that you got to reat. Did you try your Bowflex, What did you get? We have the dumdbell but DH is the one that uses them. I'm impressed on how strong and determined you are with your workouts.

Cee, nice to see you around here, it's hard to keep track. I hope you and you DH get better soon.

Off to wash some dishes and then workout!

Whew! Did not remember how much I love ME! I felt every muscle working! Went to the grocery store and have chicken in crock pot and brown rice cooking. I'm on a roll today!

Priscila- Hey girl! Your pics on FB look great! And Daniel, of course, is adorable. Since becoming pregnant, I have found that everyone has SOMETHING to say about raising YOUR child. :) Sorry that she barged in on your V day dinner. Not very romantic. :( I actually did pretty good on the Ab ripper, I was very surprised.

Cee- Hey sweetie! Don't worry about it, we are always here. That's what is great about you gals is that you don't forget us when mommy life gets too hectic. :)

Susan- Which w/o did you choose today?

Hi
Just got back from the grocery. got some pine nuts to try Christines broccoli recipe tonight!
Pricilla-people can be so rude sometimes!! Im sorry they intruded on your dinner!
Jen-I love ME.. I need to do that soon.
K only slept for 30 min this morning so I got my weights in but no cardio. What happend to her LONG morning nap??? She fell asleep in the car and is still alseep...hoping she take a good long nap for me!
Melanie----------------->good work vibes<--------------------

I have missed you guys! We have had a whirlwind around here. John is healing adn doing okay, but it was tough. He had shots that day too, so he has been REALLY fussy from those, let alone the bleed. He slept from 10-3am last night adn then had a bottle at 6 and got up at 8am! My other son slept till 8 too. IT was the first day I have felt wonderful. Now, having said that, yesterday was a trainwreck. Not a little train, but one of the high speed ones. I actually told my husband, while crying, that I wished we had never had another baby. Shame on me, but it was awful. On Saturday night, John woke up EVERY HOUR, and then did nto nap for more than one 20 minute nap all day yesterday. ANd let me tell you, he screamed. My husband actually tired to convince me that he needed to go into the office to get some inportant things done, to get away from teh screaming. Ha, fool! You are staying right here! He did go get his oil changed, which mysteriously took three hours. It was tough. Today is great, though. We all woke up late and snuggled. Hubby is happy because he got some action, I was thinking about waht to defrost for dinner the whole time. When did I get so boring? Then we cleaned the garage and the gutters and went out for lunch. Oh, and I went on a run alone, ahhhhhh. I loaded some great songs and ran like crazy. I was really proud, I did 9 miles at 8:30 pace. Insanity and ChaLean have done incredible things for my speed and lung capacity. I did drill max yesterday and was not even winded. So, even though the repetitive nature of insanity is boring, I highly recommend it. I have lost major inches as well. Not sure if it is from weights or cardio, but I will not complain... The Bowflex dumbells are awesome. They can range from 5-52.5 pounds on each side. My hubby is drooling for them. I am glad to have them. I always get annoyed when I have to take all my weights out for a workout. Especially when my ticking time bomb of a child might wake up.
PRiscilla- you sound great. You have every rihgt to be annoyed at people who give you their "input" about your children. You are much more polite than me. I get turrets syndrome with unsolicited advice. And, hey, my kid is fat! HE is 8 weeks and 14 pounds. So, ha, that makes your guys a twig! Glad that you had such a yummy day yesterday.
Melanie- Sounds like you are having a hard few days. Call me crazy, but your meals are less colorful when you are tired. You eat so many pretty colors when you are jazzed! It must be really tough to juggle it all and I admire that you are making it all happen. Get yoru sleep, the workouts will come. Field of Dreams!
Allison- I hear you on teh STS. I am stalling too. I need to know that I can have a set schedule for it. I have started the ChaLean Extreme, and love it. It is not that hard, the results are good. I am not following her recommended rotation though. I just kind of wing it. Her instructions are really good. How is Drew sleeping? John sucks at it. His hands get in the way. I am ready to tape them to his sides. Adn thanks for the tip on adding shortening to the chocolate chips. I made chocolate covered caramels last night and they were so much better and shinier with the addition. And... You will love Terminator. IT combines all my favorites. Just enough cardio and weights in each one. Let me know what you think...
Jen- Coudl James be any more agreeable? You have said that you have a relaxed nature, he must be just like you. Please take my kid and give him some of what you are having. How great that you had a terrific workout and have a nice dinner rolling.
Susan- I am hoping that you love the brocolli. I hav ea few more recipes that I just love. I really like crispy veggies with lemon and nuts and stuff. Mmmmm. Has the house gotten healthy from the head colds yet?
Melanie- One other thing, you r girls are adorable. How on earth do you get such big smiles?
Cee- We are always here for you anytime. I know that it is hard. I had a tough time juggling being a mom, eating and exercising in the first few motnhs with my first. You have to sleep first, all things will come in time. I know what makes me want to roll my eyes when people tell me that, but it happens. I was big and depressed adn then one day I was motivated and happy. IT was like there was a hormone switch!
My hubby, Jimmy, and JOhn and I walked to the taqueria for lunch. I had a big salad, but splurged on a beer. We all sat in the sun eating and talking for two hours. It was wonderful. I am about ot put my hubby in the backyard by the fountain in a lawn chair for a nap. He is still sick. I am certain he has bronchitis, but he is too stubborn to go to a doctor. I used to be a pharmaceutical rep way back in the day adn sold bronchitis meds, so it is one thing I am sure he has. I worry he will get walking pneumonia. I might just call his doctor and have him call my hubby to come in.
Off to mop and do laundry. Salad and Tri Tip for dinner.
Waves and happy valentines to all teh mommies!

Susan and Jen, I just now got that ME is muscle endurance LOL, I kept thinking what are these gals taking about?

Christine, I love reading your post. You are very real and have real feelings like each one of us. I'ts normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes, good thing we have our workouts to make us feel better from time to time and of course, our little one's smiles.
You make me want to order Insanity, how do you mix it with CE. I know that Insanity should be done 6 days a week, and CE 5 days a week, do you do both each day or just alternate?

I ran/ walked today for 2 miles and then did Jillian's Last chance w/o. Good burn
I think running or attempting to LOL is helping me lose some fat overall.

Jen, thanks for the compliments!

No workout today -- was out from 10:45 until 5 running errands and having lunch with my mom. So, Susan, nope -- no STS. :p But I ate pretty well today, and was happy about that.

Cee, hope you and DH feel better soon. It's hard to get better when you're sleep deprived, isn't it? :( Christine is right; the workouts will come when you're ready and feeling well.

Priscilla, I cannot believe those people invited themselves to your dinner!!! I would have been soooo annoyed. And then to sit there and judge you? I would have had a few salty comebacks for that know-it-all! You look amazing -- and Daniel is beautiful, btw :)

Jen, I saw a pic of James on Facebook too -- what a cutie pie! I love that he was talking to you on Valentine's Day morning :) Drew has a crooked smile, and he flashes it every morning when I go in to get him. Melts my heart!

Christine, I pondered ChaLean or Insanity for myself, but I feel badly spending the money right now when we're a bit tight on cashflow (stupid economy). Glad to hear you're loving your Bowflex weights. Did you get them through Bowflex, or did you find them somewhere else? Sounds like you and the family had a nice, relaxing V'day. Next time, have DH *take* the screaming child with him for the oil change -- guaranteed it won't take 3 hours because everyone will want him to LEAVE! LOL Glad the shortening tip worked for you. Were the caramels homemade? Chocolate and caramel -- one of my favorite combos :D Will John let you swaddle him? Drew's arms and hands wake him up too -- he flails them and startles himself. When he started sleeping exclusively in his carseat, that stopped. We are transitioning him to the vibrating seat now, so he has a bit more room. He wakes up a bit more frequently, but it's getting better. Next step -- the crib. Such a process.

Susan, for the most part Drew is sleeping better (see above!). But he seems to be teething now, sigh. Most days, he naps twice, but the length of nap isn't very consistent. He was out today, for the first time since Tuesday (with all the snow, it's a hassle going anywhere -- we live in the city, with no driveway, so the snow is about 4 feet high against the passenger side of the car which is of course where he sits!). He slept most of the time. Yay!

Melanie, I hope work was okay today and that you get a good night's sleep tonight :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.