STS STS 3.5 Mo.-Is Anyone Else Doing This?

Hi all....finished up the first meso 2 legs tonight and happy to say there are NO wall squats with the ball!!!! Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Very happy about this!

Whoo-hoo! Great news! Unfortunately I have 3 more workouts left in Meso 1--and I gather from your statement that workout 12 will include more wall/ball squats. :(

Quick check in from Orlando! Having so much fun with my son and the weather is just beautiful. My handy dandy fitbit says we walked 10 miles yesterday plus ds and I went to the gym and hit some weights. I ran 2 miles on the Tm but it made my hip hurt - maybe too much with the walking??

Anyhoo I'm back home on Sunday and will be starting Meso 2. Hope I haven't gained too much from my vaca - trying to be good but enjoying going out at night :)

Soo happy to hear no more wall squats!! I almost skipped them on the last w/o - would rather do a ton of low ends than those

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Fej327: glad to hear you are having such a good time! 10 miles...that is awesome! And you get to workout with your son. How fun!

Hey everyone. So I did all of M1 W2 this week. These workouts are killer :eek: I did legs this morning, so I'm specifically hurting from that today :D

I know these are endurance workouts, but the weight selections I'm still finding to be challenging!! And on today's leg workout I needed some extra rest on almost EVERYTHING :mad: So I guess not so much endurance today, but I wanted to make sure I could do every rep with the correct weight and some of those moves really spike my heart rate.

I'm not going to be able to do the 5.5 rotation after all. I've messed up when my vacation falls this summer, so I'm going to finish M1 & M2 completely before I go hiking in June. After that I will be able to fit in 3 weeks of M3 before I leave again for vacation. I'll do the last week of M3 after I get back. Not ideal, but at least I will have completed STS :)

fej327: So glad to hear you are enjoying your vacation :D

Rest day tomorrow...thank goodness!!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope that you have a special day with your families planned. I am going to bed (worked last night) and will be eating homemade Belgian waffles for dinner. Yum. :).

Enjoy your day!!

Good morning!

Finished the first week of Meso2 and I love these workouts. Arms are getting some nice definition. Couple of years ago I was out of shape and always covered up my arms. After doing p90x the beginning of last year (which started my love of weight workouts) my arms looked toned. Then came Xtrain and my heavy bag workouts....wow! Now STS???? Hello bis and tris!!!!!

Rlw3 - enjoy your waffles! Love breakfast for dinner. :)

Toni...my attitude is do what you can when you can. Hiking is great exercise!

Fej327...tons of walking! Great job!

Happy mothers day to all!! Back from Florida and its in the 40's boo. Just in from covering my flower pots sigh hope they don't freeze.

Rlw-your Belgian waffles sound yummy - how are you doing working out in the mornings? I hope it's going well :)

Toni- some days I have to use the pause buttons lots also - sometimes our bodies are just tired - you are smart to listen to your body - way to hang in there though

Labnick - did first Meso 2 disc legs after getting home - I love these workouts too! - but doing CST in the morning at 445 so let's see if I still have love in the wee hours of the morning ;-) - and I hear you on arms - I would never wear a tank too b4 but after xtrain burn sets? No problem

Jen -are you done with OT? And you should be starting meso 2 right? On legs today I had to stop and stretch my forearms - I'm thinking maybe I should start in my vest lie Toni mentioned

Enjoy your evening ladies - I'm hitting the sack early - flying plus w/o and I'm feeling a wee bit tired!!

fej327--active vacations are always the best. I rarely make it to a gym on vacation, but we are going nonstop. We went to NYC in 2011 for 3 days and I wore my Bodybug--we walked 45 miles in 3 days! Insane! But a very active vacation. Sounds like you not only had a very active vacation, but made it to the gym as well! That's awesome!

Yes, I just had OT last week. Here is the odd thing. I've been doing doubles since the I started STS on April 1. Last week was the first week I didn't do doubles--and I lost weight! I didn't eat any different! So I decided that I'm going to take a break from doubles for a few weeks. Even when I'm not working OT doubles sucks up a lot of time. Plus my daughter is coming into town the end of this week for a long weekend (5 days), so even tho I plan to workout even while she is here, I don't need to do a second workout. But I may do a longer workout since I'll be off work. We'll see! I just know I'll be sticking with the basic structure I laid out from the beginning.

I don't start Meso 2 until June 3. This week is my first week of Workouts 10, 11 & 12; I'll do that for 2 weeks, then a recovery week, then June 3 I start Meso 2. I'm excited! Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for my recovery week. I can't decide if I want to do alot of MWT like CT, TTM, Afterburn, or if I should do some really low intensity type stuff.

atompki1--I agree-endurance or not, I am lifting heavier than ever. Which scares me a bit for Meso 2!

Jen - 45 miles!! I am in AWE !! And I'm wondering if I'm overdoing it with the doubles - I lost a couple of pounds on vaca with no doubles. Let me know how it goes - today I'm feeling run down and Tuesday is tabatacise Tuesday ( I do the whole thing). I might do an easier w/o and move that to later in the week. I'll see how I feel after work. I hope you and your daughter have a great visit :)

Loving Meso 2 -- no wall squats and I'm really feeling these workouts. There's a nice rest between sets which is giving my forearms a chance to recover and not give out on me.

Labnick - how's your guns?? I keep thinking of that chick in Terminator and her amazing arms when I think of you

Toni - I'm agree with the ladies - hiking is great and to be outdoors after the long winter is a total bonus

Rlw- how's your sts reboot going??

So has anyone done insanity? I'm feeling the itch for some new cardio (never mind I have some I've never tried lol)

Hope everyone's week is going well :-D

So has anyone done insanity? I'm feeling the itch for some new cardio (never mind I have some I've never tried lol)

I have! The hardest cardio I have ever done in my life. But in a different way. For instance, Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength workouts are super hard (MWT) and Cathe's Tabatacise and some one of her Hardcore Extreme compilations are some of the hardest cardio I've ever done, too--but very different from Insanity and here is why. With the Peak 10 and Cathe workouts I can do the entire workouts from beginning to end without taking any other break than what Cathe/Michelle give me. Yes, it wipes me out, but I can do it. Insanity, on the other hand, I have yet to make it through w/out taking multiple personal breaks. But that is not unique--Shaun T and his crew cannot make it through his own workouts without taking "unscheduled" breaks. They are HARD. Plyometrics and plank based moves galore. They are hiits, but the timing is swapped. You do 3 minutes of a high intensity moves and get a 30 second recovery and you just keep going and going and going until the workout is done. This is why in the second half of an Insanity workout I have to stop for 5-10 seconds before I can jump back in. I never pause my DVD player and I never take more than 5-10 seconds--I pick right back up wherever they are in the workout.

Some other crazy hard cardio? Check out Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts. TOUGH!

Last edited:
Hi all!!!!

Lol you are funny fej!!!! I certainly am not there yet but on my way for sure! I have insanity but only did a few of the workouts. I tried them last year and wow they are tough. The few I did I felt like I was doing kind of the same workout so I was bored. I need to try it again though. I am just loving my weight workouts!

I have amy dixon's breathless and yes TOUGH!!

Jen...it is amazing how much you walk sometimes when on vacation. I would consider 45 miles working out during your vacation!

Have a great night!

This week is 70% of 1RM. OMG. I knew it was supposed to keep getting tougher; that's the point right? But WOW. It's hard for me to pinpoint which of the 3 workouts each week is the hardest and challenges me the most as they all have their own brutal moments. Chest, Shoulders and Biceps it's always the bazillion push ups. Back and Triceps is the 21 rows with a very heavy barbell (80 pounds for me this week:confused:). Today was Legs. Somehow, it seems the hardest of the three every week. Today I went back to 45 pound dumbbells for the squats. Holy cow! I'll be honest. I did every rep, but I had to set them down for the calf raises. I think next week I'll have lighter dumbbells at the ready for the calf raises. I just could not hold the dumbbells anymore. And those nightmarish ball/wall squats. :( I had to modify this time. I mean, they are immediately after elevated straight leg deadlifts with 80 pounds! My back is already feeling it after that! So... I didn't set my dumbbells on the floor this time when doing the ball/wall squats. I gotta say--my legs were trembling anyway. But I just didn't feel my back could handle it after the deadlifts. And this is the first workout that near the end I began to wonder if my legs were going to carry me through it. They did--but even now, two hours later, my glutes, hamstrings and quads are still stinging and weak.

All I can say is, STS is going to be doing some major changes to my body--it already has actually. But I have never worked this hard before when strength training.

So how is everyone else doing? Tomorrow is Back and Triceps. I'm already feeling some worry about this rows with an 80 pound barbell. But I did 75 last week--so hopefully I get through them fine!:D

Last edited:
Okay now I'm a little nervous about insanity lol but hey gotta face ur fears right?? And I you tubed the breathless ones - they look like butt kickers!

I hear you on the weights - I can't imagine getting heavier on some but then I did gym style BSB and there are parts that I'd be struggling for the last few reps but not today. Definitely stronger! I've been using my 20 vest for the legs to give my forearms a break - but it looks liked need some heavier dumbells. But yes those push ups - I'm really starting to hate them as much as wall squats. And after the first Meso 2 my legs were like jello all the next day. Also for the first time I felt my dead lifts in my back. (And it wasn't my form). I only do 60 for dead lifts and I'm nervous about jumping up - I don't want my back hurting:confused. I'm going to go up slowly. But I am happy to feel stronger.

Even though I suck at step - never seem to going in the right direction arms everywhere I've even tripped over my step - I got low impact step so on leg days I'm not doing an impact cardio.

Almost the weekend ladies!!

How is everyone else doing?

Good evening ladies!

Disc 17 legs was today and my legs are tired. Jen that is awesome doing deadlifts with 80 lbs. congrats!!!! Today I did straight leg deadlifts with 70lbs and this was really hard for me but I managed to do all of them. My back felt ok. Not sure how it will feel when I increase the weight.

Fej after a few times you will get the hang of step workouts. I personally do not like any dancy or complex moves. I prefer more atheltic step routines. Thanks for the reminder of using the weighted vest for legs. Going to use it next week.

Have a great night!

All week 3 discs complete :cool: I FINALLY did all the weighted wall squats where she drops the weights :D I'm only using 8# for that move, but I had been unable to do them before based on how she had them sequenced. Today I nailed them and felt pretty strong with them. I'll up the weight next week and hope they aren't in some evil spot in the workout that makes my new weight selection a problem :confused:

I am so totally loving STS. I espcially love that no two workouts are the same!! It totally keeps me guessing and I've never done this heavy of lifting before. I was able to put a 45# BB over my head and on my shoulders today. Would have never been able to do that before. I can see me possibly doing that up to 50# but that would be a max. Luckily, my new weighted vest came today so I won't need to do that :D Nor will I need to kill my forearms with anything heavier than 20#

Glad to see everyone is doing well. I have to run...see ya!!

Hi all!

Yesterday was disc 18 back and biceps. This disc was 61 minutes long and it flew by for me. Tomorrow's workout is ch,sh,tris and it is 69 minutes. Will be doing this one in the evening as I like my cardio in the morning. Thank goodness too...I would have to get up earlier to do a 69 minute workout. Yikes!

I am enjoying doing 3 reps of heavy weight then going 40% lighter for a burnout/to faliure set. My how quickly my muscles heat up. They are on fire by the end. Curious to see how you ladies like this also.

I loved meso 1 (not the ball squats though :) ) but loving meso 2 even more.

Have a great night!

I'm in my last week of Meso 1--repeating workouts 10, 11 & 12. Biceps are burnt out this morning! Looking forward to a recovery week then moving on to Meso 2.

Labnick--what did you do for your recovery week? What is everyone else doing? I think I am going to go with a mix of lower intensity cardios (like Low Max) and MWT--like Afterburn/CF/TTM.

Hi all! Big family BBQ and celebrated my sons birthday - the scale jumped 6 pounds in one day - so glad I can just get back on track and wait a couple of days till the water retention leaves. In the past I would have beaten myself up - but have such a healthier attitude now thanks to forums like these :)
Toni - glad to hear your loving sts ! Sounds like you found your groove and excellent work on those evil wall squats and way to go with that 45 BB!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your vest - I went up on legs this week and it was so much easier on my arms due to my vest.

Labnick - I'm really liking Meso 2 tons also! I agree - I like the grouping of doing all one muscle group and then moving on - seems to go by quicker

For my recover week I did crossfire and tried to master IMAX 3 and tried some body blast ones I hadn't tried.

Jen - that is so great your on the last week of Meso 1! Can you believe how much your lifting?? Knowing your doing it I, pushing myself heavier and my legs are feeling it today! DOMS girl

I'm repeating week one of Meso 2 because I wanted to go heavier and focus on that. I think I'll keep with doing each disc 2 weeks - so kind of my own schedule but I'm just enjoying it so much.

I love hearing how you ladies are doing. It's really motivating me and keeping me from overtraining. I'm so guilty of never taking a day off - but how strong you ladies are and knowing that you take rest days has helped me realize my body needs some rest. That and the constant fitbit reminder that I don't sleep enough lol ;-)

Enjoy your week ladies!! Jen - I haven't made the insanity purchase but I was wondering if you or anyone has done les mills??

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Yesterday I ran in the morning then did disc 19 ch,sh and tris. This to me was an incredible workout right now it may just have been my fav of all the discs to date. Wow did I feel this.

Jen...for recovery I did mostly all cardio....hardstrikes, heavy bag, tm runs, Tabatacise. Think I may have done Atletic Training at some point. It really wasn't a recovery week other than no weights other than AT.

Fej...that was very brave of you to jump on a scale so soon after your fun weekend!!!! When I am really bad I wait a couple of days before I weigh myself. You are correct with just get back into your workoutout routine right away. Next time I dod STS I may do the 6 month rotation. I will be sad when this rotation ends! :(

Toni...great job in the Wall Squats. 8lbs is still tough with these! I keep forgetting to use my weighted vest for STS!!

hello to rlw! how are you doing?

Hi everyone! Thanks labnick for asking how I am. I am still stick in a rut. I really am determined to get out of it. I swear today. You guys will be the first to know when I do. I thought I was on the right track with my new meds when I couldn't shake these hives all over my arm. I kept asking doctors at work but they are surgeons so they don't know skin stuff. So off to the dermatologist I went. She said I had them for so long they were considered chronic and had me taking all kinds of antihistamines. So it finally kicked them after a week and a half but I'm a mess again. Since they are gone I feel I can stop taking them now. Geesh. I've been a mess. Hopefully things will look up soon! I have been enjoying reading all of your posts though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.