STS first time!

Quick pop in to say my workout today was Total Body Trisets upper body. It really flew by. I'm going to try working upper body once a week.

We went to the zoo this morning with some friends. It was rainy but luckily they had lots of fun stuff to do inside.

That's it for now! Have a great day everyone.

Hi all, I did Greatest Hits minus Athletic Step this am, worked till 2:30, then ran to a super quick market trip. Will do Costco and WF tomorrow.
The temps and humidity aren't bad at all.:eek:

Jean, I'll look up that movie. Do you mean Amy Adams is gorgeous? I heartily agree. My library network hasn't gotten any copies yet, it's so new.
I have 2 more episodes of Tango left. A quick turn of events but it makes sense since a season is only 6 episodes.
Sad about your sil.
You tricky devil, you, with the dogs!:D

Carolyn, I'm waiting for your PT with bated breath. Your pain descriptions are killer.
I hope dh was fresh to return to work.

Better go practice now.

Eating dark chocolate chips as we speak.... Ugh....darn cravings! And no I'm not pregnant lol ;)

Carolyn- I love going out of town but nothing better than coming home to sleep in your own bed. Glad you had a great vacation. I haven't heard of that catalogue but it sounds great but very tempting lol. I was so sore from XTL. In fact my hamstrings still hurt a little bit. I haven't been that sore in awhile. I really should start doing legs two times a week. I am so ready for fall too...my favorite season :)

Missy- Ugh good luck at the front desk. No fun! Sounds like you are making lots of fun memories on your motorcycle. Nothing like the wind in your face.

Jean- Love UY Cardio! That's right, I remember you telling me about the meditation. My memory now-a-days, I tell ya. That's great that you're sticking with the rotation. One day I'll join you. It's a big commitment that's for sure. The workouts are sooooo long! Oh my goodness laughing out loud about the dogs barking! I LOVE it! You crack me up :)

Hi Betty!

Hi Mary!

Hi Colleen!

Jean- Good call, I think I will do that. Like 2-3 days a week.

Eek can't wait to be pregnant again. I just loved it :)

Good for your husband....that's great! But you don't need to lose weight. With the workouts you do guaranteed you're in great shape.

Good morning! Have errands and chores today.
It feels a bit more humid today. Looking forward to downpours tomorrow!

Carolyn, report back of PT asap!
The beach in Maine sounds picturesque. Great day for it! The only place I've ever gone is Sebago. There are so many pretty-sounding ones in Southern Maine, like Kennebunk, Wells, etc. Yeah, we don't get out much.
My ds is paranoid about stinking so he wants to wear his clothes just once and wash them, which is ridiculous. He doesn't stink at all.:D. He barely moves.:eek:

Jean, I was serious about Amy Adams.:eek:. I've never heard of Garrett Hedlund.
It's so easy for men to lose weight. I hope he sticks with the workouts long term.
I have one more Tango to go.

Marie, mixing UY with Cathe is just perfect!
Dark choc chips are good for you! No guilt.;)

Missy, I feel for you on the front desk. Just take it one day at a time. Is it slower in the summer? Or does sickness never know a slow period?
I can hardly get my work done for answering the darn phones! Yesterday my keyboard was still not working properly, with W, X, 1 dead. I swapped with my boss and she saw how frustrating it is! Expecting a new one delivered today;I am skeptical because where I sit (only a couple of feet from others, mind you), my equipment has been going on the blink regularly.:confused: This neighborhood is in the shadows of a radio antenna so we get wacky interference.:mad:
I have to work for a few hours Thursday to help her out; next Tue and Thu too.:eek:
We walked for 50 mins last evening.
I was thinking I should do a different Cathe every workout, pulling out all the old ones.

Hi Mary and Colleen!

Hello! I started STS yesterday. I am so sore today and I'm pretty sure it's from all the push ups. I suck at push ups and not used to doing that many. Hopefully this will make me improve.

I have a question and it probably sounds dumb so I apologize. Can anyone explain to me what the One Rep Max means? I know how to find it but I'm not sure what the # your given after you calculate your reps & weight is for.

Thanks!!

"I'm so good at stalling I should make it an exercise" - Cathe

That's me today. Just can't seem to get to the basement. Hoping to do something hard like TTM or CF. I'll report back ;)

Carolyn, that's so awesome what the PT diagnosed and did!:eek: He is so knowledgeable!
I hear you on the cortisone shot! Same start and feelings! You'd think I'd be more diligent with my exercises though!:p At least the shot's not mentioned any more. Last week the sub PT had me do a few lat pulldowns, which I loved. I've never been shown that machine there. I'm going to select it myself when I go from now on, which I'm thinking I should stop after August...
How gorgeous Ogunquit sounds.
I like glute bridges--do they firm the glutes?:D
My CA niece and nephew start school next week too, Tuesday. New Orleans started yesterday, so don't feel bad!:p

Marie, no guilt with no exercise. I'm not even doing anything on Tu & Th and my eating has been very, shall we say, lax.:confused:

Jean, yikes, I hope it's not an infection. I keep a bottle of cranberry pills around just in case now. It's way more potent than just juice. Pills with Mannose is supposed to be better still.
Poor dh an his spills! Is he accident prone?:p

I was thinking that Cathe must need to start filming soon. Last year she delivered the dvds by 9/27 or so!

Going to watch the last Tango and practice.

Hmmm why did my reply post at noon? I wrote it at like 10. Weird! Oh well! TTM done thank goodness! I just dread hard workouts. I feel great after them and I know I should push myself more often but I just prefer fun stuff like step :) Little dude is napping right now. Lazy morning at the house with my boys is my favorite. Carolyn- What a good PT appointment! Sounds like the therapist is really detailed. Betty- I missed your post about GH for some reason. I always forget about the one. Thanks for the idea for tomorrow ;) I like your idea of doing old Cathe's. I have so many I don't do! I'm with you on the lax eating. I just had leftover pizza for lunch. What was I thinking?! Jean- Good call on the cranberry juice. Hopefully that and lots of water flushes it out of you. So does anyone use protein powder? I buy the individual Muscle Milk lights at Costco but I'm sure powder would be cheaper plus I don't like the artificial sweetener in the MM. I'm not a huge meat person so I use those to get my protein. I want something that tastes good.

Last edited:
Betty- Thanks! I'll take a good look at that :)

Carolyn- Good news on ds. They grow up so fast.

Ds is still snoozing. Dh went to get something free he saw on Craig's List.

I'm off to work on my Shutterfly album. I'm almost done with the 6-12 month one. Way behind considering he turns 2 in a couple months.

I didn't mind that protein powder. I had it on my oatmeal or greek yogurt. Hard to eat straight up.
Jean, have you tried a pill cutter? I never ended up getting pills with Mannose. Can't remember why.

Carolyn, I was thinking I should start doing biceps! I'll ask at PT tomorrow.
Today we had very comfortable sea breezes, but for sure it's humid.:rolleyes:
My ds had his yearly last week and he passed my height last year!
going for a walk.

Hey, you guys see post #7870? A lady is asking about 1RM. That didn't show up until late today some time. So odd. Must be the new server happenings. Jean or Carolyn, you guys are good at describing 1RM.

Jean, the Tango finale was good. I enjoyed it! Waaah, have to wait another year!
Is that acres and acres of undeveloped land in Yorkshire amazing or what??:eek: Sooo beautiful!

Last edited:
Greatest Hits done! Thanks for the idea Betty. That IMAX 2 section was tough!

Meeting up with an old high school friend this morning. She has three girls, ages 4, 8 and 14. We're going to walk to the park and have a picnic. I'm so odd but I get anxious before seeing people I haven't seen in a while. It's been about a year and a half. She lives out of state. I know it'll go just fine but I just get so nervous. Ugh!

BBL to read posts.

I couldn't get on this morning either.
Today is rainy, cool, humid, with occasional downpours.
I worked till 2ish. My new keyboard works! But the postage meter stopped inking the postage! It's crazy!:p

Marie, IMAX 2 is so much fun and the music adds so much to it! It is a real killer!
Don't be nervous about your friend. You're a super interesting person and you look mahvelous. Just talk about B, your work, or your workouts!

Jean, the lesbian story is a bit of a shocker to me. I'm not a prude but I guess it's still discomfiting to see it addressed so clearly on tv. The actress who plays the headmistress is superb in her role, so convincing! (Caroline and Kate)
I get anxious having to cook for company. I never have any ideas. It's nice of dh's family to visit though.

Carolyn, great idea! That's definitely suitable!
I'm happy to hear that your PT won't languish as a bachelor. It'd be such a waste of a perfectly good man, don't you think?:eek:

I did TB LB express today. I've been ignoring my abs. I should do something about that. I guess since I need to go to work tomorrow for a few hours, I should look into abs.
Just after I got on the road, ds called me to tell me my PT appt got cancelled due to a power outage. You think they could have called 10 mins earlier!
Since I was on the road already, I figured I'd go to Trader Joe's. Well, they were closed due to a power outage too!:confused: They are in different towns!

Last edited:
I made time to come to the forums this morning and then could not get on either. Must still be sorting things out.

Been super busy. It was my girls' bd last week, then my bd, and we went to the cape for the weekend. Sat. was the most gorgeous day I remember in a long time, just perfect. I have been trying to catch up since I got home.

Yes we are busy with back to school stuff. Oldest dd is getting stressed out about school and all the stuff she has to do, and has not been nice to be around. In my head I know that that is part of the process but my heart is sad.

I have been doing the weight workouts from 4ds and then mixing in cardio. I still get twinges in my hamstring/glutes but not enough to go back to pt. It gets discouraging to still not be able to do the tough workouts.

Betty how is your shoulder? Sorry PT was cancelled.

Marie I get anxious as well anticipating things, but it generally works out. That doesn't stop me from worrying though!

Carolyn do you feel any less pain? The planks don't aggravate anything? I always think I should do planks in front of the tv but once I sit on the couch I cannot get up!

Jean the nice thing about xt legs is that you can pick the segment(s) you want to do, you don't have to do the whole thing at once. I usually pick different segments to switch it up.

I cannot believe school is coming up so fast!

I have really not been in the mood to work out lately. I don't know if it is because it is so much darker in the morning or what. Maybe I need more structure. I'm thinking about doing the 30 day xtrain strength rotation.

Carolyn, I hate this whole MB thing, for selfish reasons of course. I mean, I am sympathetic to the workers, but I wish management could resolve their issues. I used to be able to stop at MB on my way home and pick up a few things, but now I go to Stop&Shop and it is out of my way. Plus it is so crowded, everyone going to the same place. And they run out of things, I don't think they have figured out how to stock for all these people!

Ok, I really need to add in planks, I feel so lazy in the evening.

Good morning! Gorgeous day, drying up. I just finished FT. Totally forgot how great it is! Couldn't do all the pushups and planks stuff but it's still effective overall.

Mary, don't beat yourself up. You do have a lot on your plate and you're simply tired at the end of the day. Have an every-other-day plank routine or something. Plus summer when the kids are home, it adds so much to the craziness.
I am super lazy and have to force myself at the end of the day to do my exercises and stretches. My CA sis is so disciplined and gets down on the floor every night and foam rolls and stretches. Me? I'd rather sit on the couch too.
My shoulders are still slowly improving. Frustrating it can't go any faster! They said they would call to reschedule, but at this point I'll just resume next Wednesday. Nice way for me to wean off PT.
I've only been in a Market Basket once or twice! I hope they go with the nice Arthur.

Jean, I love firewalkers in general and the inner thigh stuff too. Hang in there with Legs! Take it from me--it gets easier!;)

Going into work for 3 hrs...

OMG, it IS gorgeous out! I am chilly walking in the sun with a short sleeve and capris!:eek:
Just pulled myself away from work. Seriously, I can't get any work done when the dang phones just keep ringing!:mad:

Carolyn, you're so right about FT having a ton of shoulders! I had no memory of any of it, of course. I used super light weights and modified.:cool: Loved doing some shoulders, tris, and abs!
The leg work didn't cause you any pain?

Going to eat my lunch then take ds to piano and then pick up my niece from camp and drive her to a play date.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.