STS first time!

STS week 1 legs and core 1 done! I'm planning to cruise through the STS leg workouts...one a week.

Thanks for the protein powder suggestions. I'll check them out.

Everything went great with my friend yesterday. Thanks for the encouragement friends!

Off to Target. We are having friends over for dinner tonight. Their son is five days younger than b. We are so social this week. Eek!

Mary! Happy belated Birthday to you and your girls!

Carolyn- Yay for zero pain!

Hi Betty and Missy and Jean :)

Last edited:
Man, was I tired this morning!:confused: I didn't wake up without the alarm. First, because of working 3 days in a row (an extra hour of sleep does wonders!). Second, I have soreness from FT and walking last night.:p
I did AOLIH.

Carolyn, enjoy that PT. He did wonders on your first one.

Hiho. I got off at 2. A great day at work because phones didn't ring that much.:p
It is overcast, breezy, and cool. Fabulous! I just spent almost an hour weeding and the breeze felt so good!

Carolyn- I feel so bad about your pain. I hope you got loosened up and were able to workout. Oh you should totally join me on legs. I would love it!

Betty- I agree it's always a good day when the phone doesn't ring. As nurses we carry them in our pockets and it's non stop ringing sometimes. So annoying! Good job on the weeding. That's a lot of work.

I didn't feel like working out today but I convinced myself to do X10 Step. I got motivated from it and did core 2 and then the 100 rep hip thrust challenge...first time doing that I might add.

Omg so get this!!! Yesterday our friends came over at 4 instead of the 5 o'clock time that we planned. I don't know what happened but of course we didn't say anything and welcomed them with open arms. I wasn't even ready. B was napping. Dh was just beginning to prep the food. It all turned out but I wonder if they were thinking like why is nothing ready. We don't really ever have friends over just cuz we like our family time and this is how one of our first dinner get together goes lol. Everything turned out fine though. I'm just such a planner it threw me for a loop.

I signed b up for swimming lessons. They start mid September :)

Last edited:
Marie, it sounds like they got the time wrong! I'm such a procrastinator that I would have been cooking up to the last minute. And showering too!;) I'm glad it all worked out!
Two thumbs up for all that exercise! What a variety! I think I've only done hip thrusts once or twice. XTrain is so awesome!
Does the hospital provide cell phones for each of you while you're on shift? I know that whenever someone's in the hospital, I get anxious thinking that I'm pulling a nurse to the phone while he/she is all the way on the opposite side of the floor.

Jean, sounds like you had plenty to entertain your guests! Your house and pets alone would have kept everyone busy. Nice job with the offerings of food. (Never heard of either store.)
Where does your sil live?
I try to avoid bovine dairy too but love half and half with my coffee.:p
Give yourself lots of credit for doing legs!

Missy, relax on your weekend! Tough week on the front desk?

Carolyn, your PT guy is one in a million!
I wish dd a great party tomorrow!
High five on bis and tris! It's so great to get feedback from PT on what you can and can't do.

Hi Mary, I hope you have a relaxing weekend after a very full week.

Hey Colleen! Hope all is well!

Hi all!

Working today on the cardiac unit so my workout was 2- 30 minute walks. Can't wait to get home to my boys. We have no plans tonight. Yay for that haha!

Carolyn- Yup started with Meso 1 and hoping to work to Meso 3, plyo of course. LOVE those ones. Wow you were up late last night. Hope you got some sleep.

Betty- Good call on the hemp. I'll check that out! Yup we do get phones....cordless phones. They are nice to have when you need to contact someone but I hate answering them when I'm in a patient's room. We are supposed but I just feel like it's rude to the patient.

Jean- Your days always sound like so much fun! You are so social. Send some this way lol. I'm actually bummed that I didn't get more DOMS from STS. I should have lifted heavier. I wrote my weights down and will be pushing myself harder next time. I did Meso 1 which isn't super heavy weights but I did use 20's for squats. I got killer DOMS from XTrain Legs :)

Oh Carolyn- You poor thing! I'm so sorry! I hope you fell back asleep.

I went on one walk so far. Hoping to get out on one more. Cardiac unit again today. Can't wait to get home to my boys.

Hiho, gals.

Carolyn, I hope you got back to sleep. Do you try to read a book or something? I find it really helps to read.
How did dd's party go?

Jean, I second what Carolyn says about sil and daughter!:) Fingers crossed.

Yesterday we went biking for 6 miles. Seems puny but man was it hilly!:confused: Killer!
On the way home we were stuck in the most horrendous traffic! For 3 hrs we sat at a standstill!:mad::mad::mad:

Hello my friends....omg....I have been so busy....1 week at front desk down....one to go..... it was so busy this past week woth work....thwn I come home and I've been busy here too....some nights I didn't even go to bed till 11.... thats just too late for me....I'm normally in bed by 9:30...latest!!!!

I'm hoping this week I can get back to my normal sched....which I haven't had in about 6 + months..... 1 hr of cardio in morning and cathe workout each evening.....fingers crossed....since the all mighty scale is being mean....u would think with all I do...I would maintain....but I don't....I must exercise hard daily....and I'm finally fealing better so I hope I can turn it around.... I've gained 12-15 pds since I hurt my hamstring last yr....and my pants don't fit....and fall is coming...so I better get a move on....

I briefly read up on everyone....sounds as if everyone is doing well....glad to hear carolyn had a pain free day.... so good....I know all too well how pain kills your attitude and everyday life....hopefully you are on the road to recovery.....fingera crossed.....

Betty....hills on bikes are awesome....but really hard on the lower body....the area I live in is hilly....my street is terrib le...the is one hill I have to just put in 1st gear and spin up it....so hard....its a good thing but also bad...cause you don't make it far without being tired....expecially the hubbies....lol

Jean....lazy days are good....I need more of them....today....It thunderstormed this afternoon and I took a nap.... 2 hrs....tim just let me rest.....it was nice...

Marie....I am no social butterfly.....I dine occasionally with others but I'm not to keen on it.....I'd rather just have family time at home.

Hello mary and colleen.....

Off to shower....I promise to check in daily this week....I did miss yall....I couldn't get my phone to pull open the forums for a few days last week....????

Missy, loved your 2-hr nap during t-storms!:D
We all experienced forum access issues last week too.

Jean, I'm looking forward to your first movie, but didn't really care for the 2nd one (too strong a religious overtone for me:p).

Forgot to tell you that I had scraped off some skin on my tailbone doing abs the other day!:rolleyes: How on earth??

Better get some shuteye.

Good morning.... up and on treadmill....

Poor Tim has been up every 2-3 hrs last night with Summer (dog).... she wakes us up crying....cause she has to go to bathroom (diarrhea)..... so I'm kinda tored...cause I've been woke up all night....but tim actually got up cause I don't do darkness.... not sure why she is sick??? Not sure if Tim can go to work as she is an inside dog.... and today I work front desk.... always gonna happen when I'm not avail.... errrr!!!!!

Carolyn....I love biking to but it bothers my knees too....so I only do it here and there....so glad your back is getting better!!! Yeah!!!!

So....today I'm back on sched so far....I'm up and on treadmill at 6am....

Be back.....have a good day!!!!

Crazy isn't it...jean...but I'm gonna tackle it...and lose it once again....its cause I stopped running and running truely leans you down.....but I will run my brain off starting today......I'm gonna start back with 60 min walk/run in the morning before work and cathe after..... we shall see.....

I wish I had a walking partner at lunch....but I may start walking at lunch again too.....once it cools off. ..but I have a few months for that!

I did AB this morning then ds and I went to storytime at a cool bookstore downtown that has animals....cats, chickens, ferrets, rats and bunnies. He loved it!

Missy- Good job on the treadmill. You'll lose that weight before you know it. I gain weight easily too. It sucks!

Jean- Lack of interest...I love it! Good for you ;)

Ok I'm back. Bored! B is still snoozing. It's been 2 hours. Did I mention he is not a huge napper so this is extra crazy.

Tomorrow I'm thinking STS W2 Legs. I must remember to lift heavier since I didn't get DOMS last time. Then we are meeting friends at a pool. I've never been to this one but it looks real nice. It's outside and has a wading pool, splash pad and slides including ones for the little kids. Should be fun!

After DS gets up we are going to get Radio Flyer wagon. Someone posted it for free on Craig's List. I've been wanting one so bad!

Betty- That's nuts about your tailbone. My mom's is sensitive too. "Double up your mat. I won't tell anyone." Sorry I'm such a dork with my Cathe quotes.

Carolyn- Ugh about your sleep. I have been such a light sleeper since DS was born. I know your pain.

Hiho. Another day no practicing! I'm so bad!
I did AT this morning. Long time no do! Then worked till 2:30.
Did I mention the fabulous weather?! 70s and dry!:cool: So amazing.
I made potato kale sausage soup for dinner. Delish.

Carolyn and Jean, we had driven to Provincetown (tip of Cape Cod for you non-New Englanders), about as far as you can get! There's one section that's a one-lane on each side divided highway, so if there's an accident, you're stuck for hours. It was so unfortunate. The worst part is that the accident happened hours before we left for home! And it was snarled for hours more after we started for home!:confused:
We have a bike rack. We rarely ride at home any more but I wish we would. Hmm, maybe this week.

Missy, that's crazy that even with nightly workouts you gain! Counterintuitive!
But we all know you can lose them!
How's poor Summer today?

Marie, I do double up normally but didn't that day. I don't know if it would have helped me. I have a funky tailbone.
You DO do the neatest things with B.

Jean, no back to school shopping yet at all. Yikes.

Work 9-12 tomorrow. Good night!

Good morning! A trifle chilly but very nice! I did GG without the floorwork. Since I'm working I made myself work out too. Why not. I am going to be tired this week, waking up for work every day.:confused: Welcome to the real world, Betty!:p

Carolyn, I wonder if acupuncture would help with the TTOTM insomnia.
Your niece should skip the one day. Your mom's annual event is so cool.
I can't stand how school sports spill onto school and summer vacations! And are mandatory.:mad:
Keep us posted on PT. Mine's tomorrow.

Better get some coffee. Am sluggish.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.