STS first time!

Good Morning!
I am trying to figure out what workout to do today. My legs are a tad sore still if you can even believe it. I am sadly not very sore from yesterdays HC w/o. I need to find a good add on to that one. When I am done I don't feel totally worked. My core feels it the most. I better get me a six pack from this one!:p

What workout did you do today?

Wow, the weather today is crazy! This morning was so humid, I had a fan blowing on me and still the sweat stuck to me. Now its really windy, and alternating between sun and dark clouds.

So guess what, I started STS again! I have been wanting to do more weights and just wasn't fitting them in, so for something different I did STS disc 1 on Tuesday, and decided to stick with it. I finished Disc 3 yesterday. I had forgotten the variety of exercises in the legs in Meso 1, and today I woke up with such DOMS in my hamstrings and glutes. I don't remember which exercise did it, but its there. I decided to do TTM today, and I had to skip some of the Compound Leg exercise section because I just couldn't get my legs to move. Felt great! Now I've stiffened up again and can feel the soreness, but its all good. Oh, and I had forgotten about all the pushups too, and couldn't do them all, but that's ok too!

So weird things with work too, my company is keeping me on as a contractor. So I go in and do the same work - feels weird. But it gives me time to figure things out. One of the downsides is I lost my gym membership, so I can't work out at lunch any more. I don't know how I am going to fit my workouts in. I got up at 5am on Wed and did a KPC premix, but then I was tired all day and couldn't do it again on Thurs. Maybe if I did it all the time I would get used to it, but it seems painful!

Missy, hope you have a great vacation!

Jean, so sorry to read about your BIL. I'm sure your sister appreciates the help you give her.

Betty, the first few workouts after a vacation are tough, but they're all so good it doesn't take long to get back in the Cathe groove.

Carolyn, I'll have to check out that Athleca store, I don't go to the Burlington Mall too often. Sounds like you got some great bargains!

Colleen, your canoe trip looked great, and how fun to get the whole family involved. A friend of ours bought a townhouse up in North Conway, NH, and she invited us up some weekend and was telling us about all the outdoor stuff we could do. Sounded great to me, but my girls were all 'I'm not doing any hiking!'. Can't even make them anymore, they just complain and ruin the whole thing.

Marie, getting so close, sounds like you are doing a great job with your workouts.

Oh, and I was picking up some school supplies last week, and the Halloween candy was out!

I did Disc 4 today - pushups, pushups, pushups! I started on my toes but had to drop down. That is definitely my weakness. But I love lifting weights to failure, it feels great!

DH is coming home today from a week long business trip, thank goodness. It was a crazy week with school starting and everything else going on. I hope we can relax a bit today, but I know he will want to cut the grass. At least it has cooled down somewhat.

Carolyn, how great that your kids want to run with you! Take advantage of it!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Here I am at work again. Day 3 of 7. We had a potluck at at work today. The spinach dip I made was a hit. I had ceasar salad and chili...yum!

Carolyn- How great that your kids ran with you. Have fun starting STS tomorrow. I plan on starting in Nov :)

Mary- So many pushups is right. Way to start out on your toes :) Enjoy your time with your hubby tonight!

Good Afternoon! I'm back!!!!!!!!!

We had an amzing time. Yesterday we went to Providence Canyon in Lumkin, GA. It is a state park, it was amazing. We went hiking through the canyon. It's like a little Grand Canyon. There were 10 miles of trails. I had a blast. It was so up my alley. This morning Tim woke up and said Damn, I am sore. I didn't feel any soreness. So, I said, I told you....you need to be in tip top shape for hiking!!! hehehe. But, we had a blast. Today, we were going to go to the beach, but instead, we went to Reed Bingham state park in Moultrie, GA. Went fishing and more hiking!!! :)

Here are some pics......
090812 088.jpg

090812 058.jpg

090812 059.jpg

090812 085.jpg

090812 105.jpg

Here are more pics.....

090812 120.jpg

090912 106.jpg

Hopefully, you enjoyed them.

Off to turn in our rental car. Then come home and do a Cathe DVD. I so need it!!!!

Be back soon!!! :)

Holy cow, Missy, you look amazing in the pictures! Love the avatar too!
You could also send your before/after success story into a fitness mag! Does Oxygen have that? I have read Self, Shape, Health, Fitness, and those all have that feature. You could even be a fitness model!
Those were beautiful sights on your visit. I didn't realize we have some in GA! Although, when I saw all those woods, I thought, mosquitoes! Were there any?

Mary, that's great news that you're staying on as a contractor! You can earn and search for a new job at the same time.
Funny, I never want to do a KPC premix. If I pull that out, I want to do all 68 mins! I love that workout. It's killer. Keep doing it, and soon it won't be that hard.
I totally agree about kids complaining and spoiling the fun. There's a certain age where they start their own opinions, and it is not fun. I miss them being Carolyn's, Colleen's, and Meredith's kids' ages.
Nice job starting STS! I agree with Carolyn that I would miss the other workouts too much. When I get tired of the lifting DVDs like Pyramid, Gym Styles, etc, I'll pull out STS for certain days. I probably wouldn't pull out the pushup ones though!:eek: Ha ha.

Carolyn, how great of Luke to start cross country! Son 2 has done it since 6th grade (he's in 8th), but he's so stubborn he refuses to run outside school time.:mad: He doesn't care about practicing!
Speaking of feeling like a moose, I had fried clams this weekend. With bellies, of course!:eek: Love 'em!

Marie, great going on getting in some form of exercise every day. I bet you are going to have such an easy delivery with all that exercise!
I must be getting old, because I hardly bother except for the Cathe days!

Yay, humidity is gone! Supposed to be in the 70s this week! (At least that was Friday's forecast.) Hallelujah!

Carolyn- yeah you have to register a screen name just like when you first joined Cathe's forum and then you can post. You can subscribe to threads if you want to follow them and get instant updates. You can actually do that with Cathe's, too. I have this and a few other threads subscribed so I get instant email when you guys post. It's a little glitchy (I don't always get the update if I haven't been on the site for awhile) but it's fun to hear my blackberry go "ding!" when you guys post! :D
Oh and you should get HC Bootcamp! It is KILLER!

Today I did HC Volume 1 and the standing only portion of Lower Body Blast. Hoping for DOMS tomorrow! We'll see...it's getting harder and harder for me to get 'em these days! I told my sister that and she looked at me like I was absolutely insane! :eek:

Okay, gotta run and make supper! TTYL

missyt said:
Here are more pics.....

Hopefully, you enjoyed them.

Off to turn in our rental car. Then come home and do a Cathe DVD. I so need it!!!!

Be back soon!!! :)

Damon girl!!! You look AMAZING!!! Those workouts are doing a body good :) Your quads are especially amazing!

Hey! Thanks for the nice complements! I have worked so hard this past year. This is the first vacation I went on and felt sexy in 10+ years!!!! It was amazing!!! The weather was beautiful, but it did get hot while hiking up the canyon. It was incredible. Hardly anyone on the hiking path we went on. So, I got to take my clothes off and take so bikini shots!!! Tim was loving that!!! Plus, it was nice to cool off!!! And, no mosiquittos!!! Amazing!!!! We acutally hiked to the top of the canyon. Most people went in the canyon. But the scenery was so beautiful from the top!!!

Okay, off to workout!!! I too ate pizza and I am feeling like a cow!!!

Be back soon!!!!! :D

Good Morning!!! It sure was hard to get out of bed this morning. I just wanted to sleep in. But, I have to go to work. I did 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning. Then off to work!!!!

Jean---I hope your BIL feels better soon. Sounds like your sister has her hands full. But, a positive attitude goes a long way!!! Congrats on buying a weighted vest!!! You are truely an inspiration in sticking with STS. Good luck with meeting with the contractor!!!!

This morning fall is in the air. We will have a few days of beautiful weather and then it will get hot again. But is nice while it lasts!!!

Carolyn---Make sure you make your appointment to get that MRI.

Okay, I am at work....Check back later! Have a nice Monday! :)

Missy, check out MS. HOTTIE in the house!! WTG, girl! You look amazing and sexy! Good for you!

I'll have to catch with everyone else later. Just popped in to say that I made it through Disk 1 and man, I did not miss those push-ups. Did the first set on the toes, all the rest on the knees and my arms are shaking!

My son woke up about 2/3 of the way through it, so he watched me for the last 1/3.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Okay...you girls have made me feel pretty. So, I am going to work on my success story. It may take me a few days....it has to be 300 words. Will keep you posted. I have started.... :)

Colleen, I did register yesterday. It won't let me post though. I thought it was becasue I have to pay $ to join. Is that so??

I am so getting Bootcamp tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

g night all.

Huh, that's weird. No, it's free to join. I wonder what's up with that?
So you got the HC Bootcamp? Be prepared to make friends with the pause button! lol Or maybe that's just me...:eek: Hee.

Missy- Can't wait to read your success story!

Jean- I'm so sorry about your BIL. That sounds just so awful and miserable. Your poor sister. :(

Meredith- Great job on diving back into STS! Are you getting Xtrain when it comes out?

Marie- how's the new place coming together? You're getting so close to Go time! :eek:

Mary- that's great you at least got to stay on as a contractor. Like Betty said though, your benefits are probably nil now, huh? Do you get the option to get health insurance and stuff through your hubby?

Betty- I know what you mean about having a hard time picking a shorter premix with KPC! I'm the same way with that one and also CSS. I'm even having a tough time doing anything but the extreme premixes on CF and TTM! :p I hate to miss out on any good moves/sections! I plan on doing the original, non extreme version of Crossfire on Wednesday though. Now that the kids are back in school I have little choice!

No workout today. Tomorrow I'm planning on Athletic Training! :D

Oh! You had me woried. I thought maybe the neighbor stole him again. By the way, I would have been P.O'ed!!! How dare she let him in her house!! I am sure the procedure went well. As for the nurse @ the Dr office. I would call her back if she does not call shortly. I work in a Dr office and still think it is a scam. hahaha :) At least we do not practice that way. But I know offices around here that do. It is terrible. And people wonder why insurance is so damn expensive!! Lets not get me started on that subject!!!!

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Oh, Carolyn....are you still thinking of starting STS again? If so, let me know when and we can do it together. I haven't started yet either. But want to...here soon.

Okay, gotta run. Be back!!!! :p

You are too funny. At least if it is good and messed up, maybe it will show the problem!!!

I think I will start STS also, but like you sub in some of the workouts I tend to miss. I think I will create my own STS/Cathe DVD version. It may take me several months longer to finish. But, whatever floats your boat!!! Right???

hehehehe :eek:

Hey gals!

I did B&G today, the Floorwork and Abs premix, clocking in at 60 mins. Let me say that I rarely pull out B&G; don't even know if I've ever done the whole thing once (who has 78 mins??). So then, I was surprised there was no cardio aspect.:confused: Oh well. I didn't like not having any standing work, but the other premixes were either too short or whatever. Two segments were repeated! I didn't like that. Cathe rarely does that. I've never done this premix before, else I would have subbed some standing stuff. But I did use a 1.5 lb ankle weight, for which I was proud. Plus I got a good ab workout. I swear this workout seems easy compared with the workouts she has put out the last 2 years! I'll let you know if I get DOMS!

Guess what, Jean and Mer? I got Fifty Shades of Grey today. Will start reading it later this week, after I finish a couple of other books.

You're on your toes, Missy. I was thinking the same thing--where is Cuda?? Hope it went well, Carolyn.

I just had a large cup of green tea. Trying every little bit to burn extra cals. My muffin top feels huge! It expanded down to the front of my stomach!:eek: Plus, once the weather gets a bit cool, I crave warm drinks. Had soup for lunch. Carolyn, sounds so comforting that your DH does soups and chilis on Sundays.

Jean, have fun tomorrow. I cannot wait to hear each stage of your dream home plans! I'm ecstatic for you! I've been reading home improvement materials for over 20 years, but can't put much into good use, since my husband is handy and can do the stuff, but he has zero time! I am dying to update things around here!:confused:

The air is super nice today. Breezy and dry! The sun disappeared though, so it's not looking that great out, but it feels great.

I need help....what picture should I attach to my story????

011.jpg

This one? Or Pink bikini or Black bikini?

Thanks for your input? :)

Carolyn---I bet your little man is happy to be home. Is the boxer better now that Cuda is back? I know when summer had surgery, my little man Boots missed her so much. When she came home and was droggy he actually layed with her. It was too cute. Now, that all is well. They chase each other around the house like mad men/women!!!

I still have not worked out. Off to squeeze a quick one in. We had to go back to town. Tim needed some bolts from Lowes.

Be back!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.