STS first time!

Jillian Michaels is returning to The Biggest Loser next year -- and she's got her eye trained on childhood obesity.

Michaels, who left the reality weight-loss competition show in 2011 after 11 seasons, will return for Season 14, which will premiere in January, NBC announced Tuesday. And, in a new twist, the show will feature child contestants (ages 13 to 17) for the first time, in addition to adults.

Michaels and fellow trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince will each coach a team of competitors, and each team will feature at least one child participant. The children will not be eligible for elimination, but will compete with their teams and strive to lose weight both at the Biggest Loser ranch and at their homes. The season will also feature celebrity guest stars.

With childhood obesity at an all-time high, Michaels (a new mother of two) said in a statement that she is "more passionate than ever about helping empower children and families with the information and resources they need to live a healthier life."

This is what I just found!!!!!

Marie---You are too funny!!! Bust a move on your workouts!!! You should be so proud of yourself! I know I am proud of you for sticking with us and Cathe throughout your pregnancy!!! Give yourself a pat on the back!!! You are a strong mommy!!! :)

Thanks all for your input. Appreciate it. I have tried with my feet out from the wall and still pain. I love the idea of putting the weights at a higher level. I'm tall already so that may help a lot. I will go to squats if nothing else works. great idea's all. THANKS:)

Quick check in! Today I did Horizontal Conditoning volume 2. :D I wish I could fit the HC's in 3 times a week instead of just 2...but I can't stay away from Cathe that long! :p Not enough time in the week to do all the workouts I love! Someday I would love to squeeze in two workouts a day like Missy...maybe not every day, but it would be so great to get a daily cardio session in (for the endorphins!) and then still get my toning/weight stuff in as well. Some day maybe!!

TTYL

Carolyn, I'm probably about 35 mins south of Burlington. Have fun! I have not been to that mall in absolutely eons!

I did S&G today. I feel, or rather, my muffin top feels so large. It's amazing how quick one's hard-earned body goes to the dogs. Bad eating! Although, when I look down my shoulders toward my biceps, they are more defined than ever in my life!

Missy, thanks for the Big L update! Incidentally, that was a great deal on lifting gloves at TJ Maxx! Love that store.

Jean, congrats on finishing round 4 of STS! You sure got your money's worth on that workout. Good luck at your sis'. Hope your b-i-l is feeling better. I'd be so tempted to push healthy eating at them, but so often people's habits are hard to change and they're not receptive to anything new, even if they know it's good for them. You can lead a horse to water and all that...

Almost done with work! YAY! Wow this shift was tiring! Ready to go home and sleep.

So I planned on doing that post natal workout this AM but at the last minute I decided to try something different. I got a free video with my slanted risers and of course have never done it since I assumed it was too easy. It was but it's perfect for me right now. I did the half hour cardio and half hour strength workout.

Tomorrow my workout will be cleaning. My sister will be in town from CO with my niece and BIL. Unfortunately it's a quick trip and their main stop will be WI for his family reunion. But she and baby will be back after I have the baby for some sister and baby time. Can't wait!

35 weeks today! I was bored a minute ago at work and took a picture in the bathroom with my phone. I want to post it but my phone is all messed up right now and I don't have internet :( Hate phones!

Good Morning! Yesterday, we got to leave work @ 2 pm. We did not have a Dr in (he was on vacation) So, I went home worked out with Cathe and did some cooking and cleaning. Had dinner on the table when my hubby came home from work. It was so nice!!!! But, I can't get use to that....I am a working girl!!!!

But, then I started to feel really bad. I had a stomach ache from hell. So, I layed down and feel asleep around 8:30pm. I feel much better today!!!

Okay....I bought some Mellow Pumpkins!!!!! You girls, told me it was okay!!! So, 5 of them are 140 calories!!! Going to be good and only eat 5 a day!!! :)

Jean---I forgot to answer your question a few days ago.....Tim has not started his 1RM's yet, but I told him when we get home from vacation he needed to.

Okay, at work....gotta run!!! :D

Carolyn---I almost forgot....I am not sure what workout fried my abs but I have been sore for days!!! Lovin it! :)

I have to get moving. Goal for the day is to clean the house. My sister will be here tonight...not that she cares if my house is clean but it will make me feel better :) That will be my workout for today.

Tony and I have infant and child CPR later today. Ugh...how boring! I can't even count how many CPR classes I have taken but Tony wanted to take it so of course I'm going with.

Carolyn- Oh wow...I can't believe your neighbors let Cuda in their house without even telling you! That's horrible! There is no way YOU are out of shape. You just rocked Trisets extra hard.

Jean- Cdif aka Clostridium difficile. I work with patients who get that and it's no fun for them! Hope your BIL feels better soon.

Missy- Good job for treating yourself. We have to do that once in awhile.

I did Cardio Core Circuit today. Missy- do you have that one? I just have this feeling you would love it. Big sweaty cardio mess this morning! :eek: There is a lot of impact but I used my rebounder for a few moves (air jacks, tuck jumps). I do think I'm getting better with my form when I do high impact, too. I'm really careful to keep my knees soft and work to control the landing by bracing/tightening my core. I notice my knees don't bother me as much after high impact workouts like they used to. It's all a learning curve!

Jean- good luck at your sister's! I'm so sorry about your BIL. That's just got to be so miserable, what he's going through. :(

Carolyn- I just did CSS on Tuesday! I love that one so much! Man, I sure don't miss running after dogs! :p When I was first with Mark he had two dogs and even though they were pretty elderly as far as dogs go, they still got away from me all the time :mad: This one especially, I would spend forever chasing that little bugger to get him back in the house! It was like a game to him :rolleyes:

Marie- that sucks you have to take another CPR class but how cool that Tony is worried enough to want to take that initiative. I just love attentive daddies. :) Mark is so much more of a worry wart with the kids then I am (and I'm a pretty big worrier!). It's pretty cute. :D

Missy- I love candy corn too! I'm not big on sweets but those are yummy!

Betty- great job on S&G! That was one I never quite warmed up to for some reason. I found some of the disc moves tough on my knees, and I still modify a few of them that come up in AB and CSS by doing the move on my rebounder instead. Yay for sculpted biceps! :D

Okay gotta motor! TTYL

I'm fried! Just finished TTM! What was I thinking?? After not exercising for 2 weeks, it was tough! Plus, it is sooo humid today!:mad: The step and carpeting were just so darn sticky.:mad:

Carolyn, are your DOMS from earlier this week? Your Athleta outing sounded like a blast! Did you buy lots of things?

Marie, have great fun with your sis and niece (sniff her extra! Babies smell so good!)!

Missy, enjoy your little getaway with your man!

Last edited:
Betty- Nice job on TTM. Sorry you still have to deal with the humidity. Gross! We have a nice fall day today and I'm loving it! You better believe I sniffed baby extra well haha! And what about babies toes....I just can't get enough of those little things!

Carolyn- Glad you enjoyed your shopping trip. I love that place too. I want to hear what you bought!

Missy- I'm with Colleen, if you don't have CCC you must get it!

Colleen- Glad the high impact is going better for you. Way to do CCC....that one is never easy!

I'll be back in a min. I have to go find one of my patients. They are supposed to come up to the desk on the Substance Abuse unit to get their meds and this kid hasn't yet.

Omg, do I love little babies' toes!!!:D

Guess what?! I just ordered the high step topper:D. You're all probably sayin', Well, it's about dang time!

No workout for me today. :) I pretty much had to make myself take a rest day. Since I worked out on Monday (my usual rest day but worked out because it was Labor day and I was off), I knew that I needed to take a day off today. I was so tempted to workout anyway :eek:.

Today is such a weird day here at work. It was initially really slow...I only had a few appointments and was going to be done by noon. I had all these plans to leave work early, get some shopping done, maybe get a haircut...and then the opticians out front keep coming in my office to say "we added a 1:00 appointment", then "got a 1:20", then "oh did you see we added a 2:00 apointment?" :rolleyes: Guess I'll be sticking around longer than I thought!!

ETA: Congrats on the topper Betty!! :D

Last edited:
Good Evening!!! I was off today but had so much to do......

Yes, I have CCC. I haven't done it in awhile....Maybe I will do it tonight!!!!

Betty---Congrats on the topper....now you have to get HST!!! You will love it!!!

Not much time, packing and doing last minute prep!!!

Off to workout!!! I will take some pictures and post them Sunday when we return!!!! Leaving first thing tomorrow, that is after I get a workout in. Getting up 1 1/2 hrs earlier, to get a run in!!!! Yes, I am crazy!!! But I love it!!!!!!!!:eek:

Carolyn---BTW...You are so right, our president is a jackass!!!! Hpefully things will change soon! Sounds like you hit an awesome sale!!! I wish we had Athleta stores here, so I have to order online!

Okay, gotta run!!!

Omg, do I love little babies' toes!!!:D

Guess what?! I just ordered the high step topper:D. You're all probably sayin', Well, it's about dang time!

That's awesome! Ya know I don't have one yet either. I have 8 risers so I just use the normal step and do 4 on each side. I would love a topper though....

No workout for me today. :) I pretty much had to make myself take a rest day. Since I worked out on Monday (my usual rest day but worked out because it was Labor day and I was off), I knew that I needed to take a day off today. I was so tempted to workout anyway :eek:.

Today is such a weird day here at work. It was initially really slow...I only had a few appointments and was going to be done by noon. I had all these plans to leave work early, get some shopping done, maybe get a haircut...and then the opticians out front keep coming in my office to say "we added a 1:00 appointment", then "got a 1:20", then "oh did you see we added a 2:00 apointment?" :rolleyes: Guess I'll be sticking around longer than I thought!!

ETA: Congrats on the topper Betty!! :D

Oh bummer! Nothing like thinking you're going to be able to leave early and then have to stay.

No workout for me today either. I'm working days and when I get off I have to make spinach dip for our potluck tomorrow and then go pick up a grill that Tony's mom is giving us. I did go for a walk on my lunch break though so I'll count that :)

Ok. so, I went very insane at Athleta. I wanted to get everything!!! I bought the coolest belt! It is all embroidered. Reminds me of a hooked rug! I called my sister in Georgia from my cell!! I wanted her to share in my wealth! She didn't have a catalogue or access to the internet!:rolleyes: I ended up getting her a pair of running shorts and a headband. Let see....what else...I got a killer skirt with leggings attached. Called their Betona capri I think. Killer!!! Can be dressed up or down! I also got 2 shirts!!:eek::eek: Lots of $$ but I saved so much!!!

Marie, what is up with the patient? you never returned!:confused:

Ohhh nice purchases! How exciting! Gotta love new stuff!

I got so busy yesterday! I don't even know what happened haha! Crazy day on the CD unit.

Off to workout!!! I will take some pictures and post them Sunday when we return!!!! Leaving first thing tomorrow, that is after I get a workout in. Getting up 1 1/2 hrs earlier, to get a run in!!!! Yes, I am crazy!!! But I love it!!!!!!!!:eek:

Have fun on your trip! Can't wait to see your pics :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.