STS first time!

Yay Missy! Another .4 lbs :) That is awesome that she didn't recognize you...how funny! You look so amazing! And work so hard!

Home workouts are the way to go. Such a time saver not to mention ya can wear whatever you what. I have been known to lift weights with a sundress on...so comfy! And bare feet :)

Thanks for the compliment Missy. I sure hope it comes off fast and that I can get down another 10 lbs from there. I think I mentioned before that I started off at my highest weight ever when I found out I was pregnant. Thanks for the HST suggestion. I will have to add that to my list. Toning and tightening the lower half is always a huge motivator.

Si- So glad you loved CSS. That is a good one :)

Carolyn- How cool that you give your daughter her gifts one at a time. Spreads out the fun :) Time does fly doesn't it....I mean really, I feel like I just announced my pregnancy last month.

Tony is sleeping in today so just waiting for him to wake up and then we are going to head to the lake to go for a walk. He wants to go to the State Fair tonight. Ugh! It's going to be so hot, and all those people....but we are only going for a couple hours so hopefully I'll survive. Pounding the water big time today.

Marie---Have fun at the fair....just think soon, you will be taking the little one to the fair on all the kiddie rides.....and daddy's will take him on the bumper cars for the first time!!!! So many new adventures coming sooner than later. Like you said time flys. And don;t forget to take a millon pictures!!!

Are you enjoying your new home?

Just another sugestion....Christmas is right around the corner and then the 1st of the year. New years resolutions....which means exercise equipment will be on sale....Maybe you can get an elliptical to go in your huge gym!!!! :p

Have a nice walk at the lake!!!

Where is everyone? When I am back, no one to chat with. I guess I will go back to work then!!! :D

BBL! :eek:

I think I forgot to check in yesterday! :eek:

Yesterday I did Horizontal Conditioning and today I did Kettlebell Kickboxing. I so wish Cathe liked kettlebells! I know she's gone on record saying she's not a fan but I just know she'd make a killer workout incorporating them!

Jean- have fun with Body Beast! It sounds intense!:eek: I can't wait to hear your results from that and what you think of it. Are the legs workouts growing on you at all? Or maybe you hate them a little less? ;)

Missy- so glad to have you back more! :D I'm excited to hear what your hubby thinks of STS once he gets going!

Betty- Speaking of family doing STS...how did it go with your son? Did he stick it out to the end? How did he feel about the workouts?

Marie- good luck at the MN state fair! That is going to be ALOT of walking in this heat! Take it easy! Are you guys as hot as we are today? The weather forcast said it should get to 99 degrees. Yuck. :( Oh and the baby swing...best thing ever invented!:eek:

Si- good job on keeping up with STS! Did you do the bonus step part of CSS too or just the main workout? I always have this thing with that workout where I feel the need to do the longest premix with the bonus step. I love that one!

Carolyn- I'm so sorry Luke is dealing with friend issues. :( That is so gut wrenching. It so tricky trying to help the kids with social issues. On the one hand, I always want to sweep in and do something, on the other I know that they really need to learn to navigate those waters themselves. I really hope it works out for him and doesn't get too dramatic. :(

Mary- So sorry about your daughter's predicament, too! Good job keeping up with the workouts. It always blows my mind that most fitness instructors at the gym have no idea who Cathe is. How can they be in that business and not know her? They could get ideas for their classes! :D

Okay, I think I'm caught up...lol

Meredith- hope your still with us!

Good Evening! Just got home from work and grocery shopping. Yuck!!! My grocery bill keeps getting higher and higher! It is nuts! But we love to eat!!! :p

Carolyn---Running is very high impact, I know my hips tend to hurt after I run at a stedy non stop pace for a while. They do not bother me till the next day, but OMG it is so painful/tender for several days later. I can run on the treadmill and not have any trouble though.....I was running outside a few times a week in the evenings or weekends....but I have come back indoors. I live in the country....and the snakes are moving right now. I came up on one the other day with Summer (dog) and it scared the daylights out of me. And also, I have been seeing at least 2-3 dead rattlesnakes on the roads pretty close to my house the last few weeks. So, I am going to keep the running indoors for now. I think my problem is I don't run outside enough so I am always struggling with the post pain. So it really itsn't worth it to me. I love running on the treadmill so I guess I will stick with that!!!!

Okay, off to workout. BBL!!! :eek:

Carolyn---Girl...I didn't think I was going to be able to get out of bed this morning. My glutes/thighs were screaming!!! But you know me....I love it!!! That is why I love that DVD so much. It always gets me. That one and Butts and Gutts!!!! I just did cardio today. 1 hr on treamill this morning running. Tonight I was on treadmill, but walking extremely fast...getting ready for my next 5K. It is in 8 weeks. YEAH!!!!

Good night to all....I am exhausted!!! One more day to go then 3 off!!!!

Chat tomorrow!!!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you....Tim & I have been invited to dinner with two co-workers of Tim's tomorrow night. It is a husband and wife...the wife is the office lady and he is a big tractor mechanic. They are actually from MA. They moved here 6 years ago. So tomorrow night we are going to a mexican restuarant.....Can we say Chips & Salsa please!!!! hehehe I will let you know how it goes. I don't know them and have never meet them. So wish me luck!!!

:):p:D:eek:

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!

Got up late this morning, only did 40 minutes on the elliptical. I am hoping we get to leave the office early today. As of right now, our last patient is at 2:30. I hope we can get out of here by 4 pm. That way I can go straight home and do at least 1 hr and 15 minutes of exercise before going out to dinner. As you all know, we don't eat out much...so when we do it normally does not set well with our stomach's if it is greasy!!! Hopefully, it isn't/ I put my husband up to trying to change the restaurant from mexican to somewhere I can order a grilled chicken salad. hehehe :) I do have cheat meals and such, but when I do I like to know how bad...and mexican food is aweful for you!!!! I would rather splurge on sweets!!! I ate enough M&M's for all of us last week. My monthly monster was here.

Any plans for this weekend?

I am very excited to start STS again. I will let you know tomorrow how Tim likes Day 1!!!

Gotta Run....chekc in later! :)

Morning everyone!

We ended up skipping the fair last night. It was one of those days where I was just plain tired. I went for a half hour walk and then we ran a lot of errands and went to some garage sales. I ended up staying in the car for some of those so I could rest. It's hard work making a baby haha!

We bought a mattress last night and some decals for the walls. It looks so adorable. I'll post a picture. The nursery is almost complete and then I'll take a picture of the whole room.

Thinking I might get an easy workout in today. Something short and sweet! It's so hard to pick a Cathe DVD to do since hers are all pretty much too hard at this point. I'll all about modifying right now.

Marie---I almost forgot....this is the time where you need to be resting. You have plenty of time for Cathe Post Pregnancy!!! Only do what you can and don't worry about it! You are so fit, you will bounce back quickly!!! I am sure of it! :)

Enjoy your days off!

Happy Friday!

I have been neglecting weights lately so figured I would do some today. I couldn't decide between upper or lower, so did STS Total Body instead. What a great workout! The leg sections got my heart rate up there. My only disappointment was that my forearms could not take the heavy weights I was using, and I had to drop down. I remember when I started STS, it took a while for my forearms to build up, and now I think I've lost it.

My sister arrived last night, and we'll head to the cape this afternoon. Still have to pack up the car. She and my brother tend to have conflicts so I hope everything goes well and we can relax. I plan to do lots of walking again.

Marie, how exciting to have your nursery set up! This is such a precious time for you and Tony. I can still clearly remember standing in our nursery before my oldest was born - how have 16 years gone by already?

Carolyn, hope your leg is ok. Whenever I run now my knees hurt, so I gave up.

Missy, congrats on the continued progress.

Ok, gotta run, have a great long weekend everyone!

PLYO LEGS!! I so love those workouts! I really need to do them more often. When I first started it this morning, I was going a little too light with the weights so after I heavied up the dumbells a bit it was perfect. :) Almost makes me want to do STS again! As soon as I hear that STS music I get so pumped up. :D

So tonight we are having Mark's family up, including his mom (my MIL). Oh joy of joys:rolleyes:! Colleen's gonna be busting out the wine tonight! lol
Then tomorrow we have plans to go canoeing with two of my sisters and their hubby/boyfriend, plus the kids. My other sister may or may not come, we're not sure yet. Should be fun!

Missy- I looooove Mexican food! My absolute weakness! :eek: I can resist those sweets...just give me nachos, salsa and a yummy enchilada and I'm in heaven!:eek: Good thing we don't eat out that often!

Marie- It's definitely a good thing you guys skipped the fair I think! That state fair is exhausting to walk even when you aren't pregnant!:eek: Say, have you ever gone to the Renaissance Festival up there? I went up there for that once and it was pretty fun! I didn't dress up, though. Mark's Aunt likes to go to that and she gets all into it with the costume and everything. :)

Carolyn- Hope your feeling better from the monthly monster! DOMS are much tougher to take when you are crampy on top of it. :( How's your knee feeling? Have you tried icing it on and off?

Okay, I gotta run for now. TTYL girls!

Last edited:
Good Evening! I got to leave work @ 3pm today. So I rushed home and did CSS and 20 minutes on the elliptical. Showered and got ready for dinner.

We ended up going to Sonny's BBQ---it was great because they have a nice chargrilled chicken garden salad. It was really good! They were very down to earth, and pleasent. The wife was very outgoing she is 20 years older than me, and very overweight. I just had to throw that one in there. hehehe

Tomorrow, we are going to the big city to go to Sam's. Have to go get my cottage cheese!!! They have the best low fat cottage cheese around!!! It is so worth the drive!!! :D

Then, back home to start STS day#1!!! Looking forward to it!

Here is a picture of me tonight in my new jeans I just bought....:eek:

083112 002.jpg

Thanks everyone! So kind to say I am cute/beautiful. It truely means alot. I have worked so hard to get here and now I can finally say I am happy again! I feel awesome!

Cathe is amazing. But I have you girls to thank for being there to chat with. It has really kept me motivated and pushing forward. It is nice to have people to talk with that have the same interest as you.

Thanks again.

Okay, I got up early this monring did my hour of running, just showered, and I am leaving in 10 minutes to go to Sam's. Be back later!

STS is scheduled for tonight after dinner! Will let you know how it goes!!!

Carolyn---you should definately start STS on monday...it will be good to do it again...it should lead us up to Xtrain!!!

Gotta run....... :eek:

No workout yesterday. I took your advice...or maybe I was just lazy haha...and rested! I took a nice long nap which felt amazing! Today I'm hoping to do something but not sure what. I'll have to look at my DVD's and pick one that I can modify. Then I just plan on doing things around the house. We get the baby's rug tonight :) Also have to run to Target. I have 3 baby showers coming up and I'd like to get the presents asap so I'm not getting them at the last minute.

Mary- Have fun at the Cape this weekend! Hope everything goes smoothly between your brother and sister.

Colleen- Canoeing sounds like a blast! Have fun and enjoy the water. My mom used to take my sister and I to the Renaissance festival every year. I always thought it was fun. We never dressed up either but man some people really get into it haha!

Jean- Way to do 12 reps instead of 8 :) Very impressive. Do you have a squat rack or is it possible to do those workouts without one? I'll have to look more into the mommy and me classes. I always thought those would be fun. Not that it's exercise but my sister took a baby massage class and she said it was really cool and that my niece loved it.

Carolyn- Take care of that darn knee. Injuries so beyond frustrating. Hoping it heals quickly!

Missy- You look so amazing! Love the jeans too. Isn't that the best feeling to find a pair of great fitting ones?! I love the quote in the background too btw. I am writing out a bunch of quotes to take to the hospital with me so I can focus on them during labor and added that one to my list. Who knows if these quotes will help or not but I'm bringing all the distractions I can. I totally agree that we have a great groups of ladies on this forum. So glad we all met. It is a very motivating group. Have fun starting STS with your hubby tonight :)

Hey gals,

I'm back home, and the weather is gorgeous this long, holiday weekend. A few more days till the school routine starts up. For me, that means Cathe in peace.

Missy, you look great! I can't imagine you 60 lbs heavier. Be proud of your accomplishments! Can't wait to hear about STS with your man!

Marie, the crib area looks absolutely adorable! You are definitely nesting! Enjoy your rests, couple time, fixing up your very own place! Can't believe how hot it is for you guys! Btw, you posted the 3,000th post!

Colleen, my son did finish STS right before we left for Canada. The only disc he skipped was disc 35 plyo legs, for which he subbed the 21-mi bike ride. Close enough.:) School move-in day tomorrow!

Mary, your 2-week Cape vacation sounded like the ideal way for you to gather yourself. I'm happy to hear it helped you. A perfect job is out there waiting for you. Your poor daughter! It's so frustrating to be passed over for V, but surely she'll be top star of JV. Enjoy this long weekend too! Stay away from the seals--the sharks are coming so close!

Carolyn, that was an amazing little treat you put together for Dylan's class! So creative! I agree with Jean: why do they start school so early only to give them a day off so soon??

I just watched the HST clip yesterday. You and Missy make me want it! I wonder if SNM would give me free shipping if I order separately from the pre-order? Does anyone have HSCh? That's very similar too, right?

Jean, good going on legs. So proud that you have kept it up. Body Beast looks so intimidating! You are brave. Be careful, though. Some of these what I call infomercial workouts are not well thought out. Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

We should start abs accountability here. And you are right: I should do a 4th day of Cathe, but somehow it doesn't fit in with my schedule.:confused:

I haven't worked out in a while.:eek: I'll start back after this long weekend, and I'm really looking forward to Cathe.

Last edited:
Were Back!!!!!

We went shopping all day!!! I got a pair of Nike lifting gloves ($4.99) and a kyodan racerback shirt ($12.99) @ TJ Max. Awesome deal! Then we went to sears and I got a pair of ankle weights that fit over you shoe, they do not wrap around the ankle. They fit over the top of your foot. I think they will be much more comfertable. Looking forward to adding them into the HST and B&G. My other ankle weights were so old they broke several months ago. I have been looking for new ones, but could not find want I wanted till today!!! Very excited!!! I just love fitness stuff!!!! :eek: Also went to Bealls Outlet and got a black bikini for ($5.00). Gonna look hot next weekend at the beach!!!!

Betty----I highly recommend HST. It is one of my absolute favorites!!!! Can't say enough good things about it!!! It is AWESOME!!!

Okay, off to workout with Tim. Wish me luck!!!

BBL!!! :p

Good Evening ladies!

My husband and I just finished working out!!! We had a blast together!

We actually did CSS tonight. Tim has not worked out in years....so he looked at the STS book, and decided he wanted to start with something not so involved.....so I thought CSS would be a good place to start. Since it is a tad bit shorter than the rest and it is somewhat easier than the others. He thought if he did the low impact stuff for a week or so, then he will start STS. He did very well, he did the entire workout. He said "Cathe is no joke" I thought you said this was an easy dvd???? I said no honey...I said it was one of her easier dvd's!!! Then, he said you make it look easy....this is hardcore!!!!!hahaha :D Basically, he survivied!!!! Will let you know if he can get up out of bed in the morning.......

Better get off the computer and watch TV with him.

Good night! Chat tomorrow! :eek:

Good Morning! Well, my husband got up this morning and he feels great!!! He said he really enjoyed working out with me yesterday. That is a good sign.

Today, I have lots of house chores.....but first thing is my morning cardio. Off to the elliptical. Be back later. :)

Have a nice Sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.