STS first time!

Just preordered XTrain without the spin bike!:D Whoo hoo!

I am soooo sore in the lower body from my workouts yesterday! I swear I think Trisets lower body is the MOST effective lower body workout in the short time given (39 minutes). I have lots of lower body workouts I love (you guys know how I worship LBB!:eek:) but Trisets definitely gives the most bang (and butt DOMS!) for the buck time wise! I love it! I really love my kettlebells for back work, too. When I do my HC workouts I sometimes feel a little unbalanced so it's nice to do some kettlebell swings to balance out the muscles. I'm really excited that Cathe is paying special attention to rear delts. Like she said in her description, they often seem to get a little neglected and can lead to shoulder and posture problems. I'm really excited to see what she's got in store there! Today is my rest day. I definitely need it!

I'm going to be filling in at our South side store today so...no computer:(. I probably won't get to check in until tonight but post away ladies! I need to have something to read on my blackberry today! Your posts go directly to my email which pops up with a "ding!" on my blackberry and I get all excited to see who posted!:p The south store is super slow usually...I wish I didn't have to go down there today. I'm really just doing a favor since the new doc they just hired can't take all the insurances yet so they want me to see those patients.

Later gals!

Nice job on TBT! I have to bust that one out soon now that Meso 1 is over.

Hoping for lots of posts too. I work at 3 so yes post away ladies!

Jean and Mary- Thanks for the stories! Helps to ease my mind for sure! Thank you!

Carolyn- You beach experience sounds terrible! I'm so with you and would have done the same thing you did!

Betty- Welcome back!

Afterburn done! That is becoming my usual Monday workout :)

Work at 3.

Lunch coming up...starving!

Egad, Carolyn! What your friend does is shocking. And you crack me up! Anyway, I worry about my kids choking all the time! Even now, as old as they are. I'm with you all the way, parenting-style wise. I don't swear in front of my kids, try to keep them innocent, worry about drowning, pervs, abductors, etc.:eek: I mean, doesn't she remember just a few months ago on a beach in ?Ipswich, MA, a little girl disappeared when her mom turned away for a few mins to chase a ball for their dog? It's still unknown whether the little girl was swept away or was grabbed. So sad!

I would have cringed at the scenario you described with all those people, the meat market, the crass language. OMG! I would have died! You are not a prude, since I am of the same mind!

Marie, I simply shake my head with wonder that you do AB!:) Oh, I ended up with c-sections both times, so my doc had to break my water.

Congrats to all who got in their pre-orders!:D

Jean, since you've done DM, you can handle Boot Camp!:)

OK, I better go work out! Maybe TB? Certainly not the whole workout. I need something that doesn't make me sweat, with no jumping! It's too dang hot! I have no idea what yet.

Where does it say about the filming and release schedule? FB? Cathe's site? Don't worry. I'll check her site when I have more time.

ttyl

Last edited:
Hello everyone!!! Yesterday was a busy day cooking for me! I completed disc 4 yesterday and I loved it also. Meredith, I agree I could tell there were repeat takes based on what cathe said but I wasn't bothered by it either as I agree it was pretty seamless. Also the pushups were a killer and I'm totally sore today! I love how the workout was still different sequence then disc one to keep those muscles confused and I agree I love the band barbell curls! I hope everyone enjoys the day!

When they were toddlers she would strap them in their high chairs with snacks in front of the tv. So she could go in her bedroom,shut the door, put on headphones! and run for 45 mins on the treadmill! when she ever told me that i about died! I told her she shouldve hjust ran outside,it would have been no different! hello! ? Did you ever think they might choke?
Ok. Done with my rant! this is why i didnt tell u about the beach! gets me all fired up!

OMG that is terrible. People like that should not be allowed to be moms. That is crazy! I don't have experience with my own kids yet obviously, but when we have our nieces sleep over I have certain rules. Their mom is awesome but she lets them eat whatever junk food they want. The one niece called me one day and she said she just finished off an entire box of nutty bars. Insane! I wouldn't even allow that stuff in my house. I'm not against the occasional treat. I don't want my kids deprived but she eats this crap everyday. Her mom doesn't even care but of course she eats like that herself. The sad part is my niece is 12 and chubby for her age. She doesn't seem to care right now but I feel like it will affect her when she gets older. So sad!

Hello Again! Another workout post. Today I received in the mail some goodies (slide and glide video, slide plates, fire walker bands, resistance bands and gloves) and I decided to try the slide and glide cardio, stretch and core premix. Can I just say that I LOVED this workout!!! OMG, it was so fun, I broke a mad sweat and I think this will really strengthen my legs up!!! I'm super excited if you can't tell. I want to work up to the Double Trouble premix to lengthen the total w/o time. I found it really easy to use the slide plates and am excited to have them for my STS workouts! Has anyone else tried Slide and Glide? What were your thoughts? Tomorrow is Disc 5 baby! Also, I've tried to update my weights in the calendar, but it doesn't change my 1 RM it seems. I think I have to go in and manually change the 1RM in addition to inputing my actual weight. Has anyone else found this? Thanks!

Marie, I simply shake my head with wonder that you do AB!:) Oh, I ended up with c-sections both times, so my doc had to break my water.

OK, I better go work out! Maybe TB? Certainly not the whole workout. I need something that doesn't make me sweat, with no jumping! It's too dang hot! I have no idea what yet.

Where does it say about the filming and release schedule? FB? Cathe's site? Don't worry. I'll check her site when I have more time.

ttyl

Thanks Betty! Maybe I'm just getting used to it or something but it's not a dreaded workout for me anymore. And speaking of c-sections, my mom and sister both had one. My mom had eclampsia and my sister pushed for awhile but with baby face up she just wasn't progressing.

Hope your workout was good!

Release date for the new ones are late fall or early winter. Do you get the newsletter? I have been getting most of my info from there and the forums :)

Hello everyone!!! Yesterday was a busy day cooking for me! I completed disc 4 yesterday and I loved it also. Meredith, I agree I could tell there were repeat takes based on what cathe said but I wasn't bothered by it either as I agree it was pretty seamless. Also the pushups were a killer and I'm totally sore today! I love how the workout was still different sequence then disc one to keep those muscles confused and I agree I love the band barbell curls! I hope everyone enjoys the day!

Those band barbell curls ROCK! Glad you have been enjoying STS :)

Hello Again! Another workout post. Today I received in the mail some goodies (slide and glide video, slide plates, fire walker bands, resistance bands and gloves) and I decided to try the slide and glide cardio, stretch and core premix. Can I just say that I LOVED this workout!!! OMG, it was so fun, I broke a mad sweat and I think this will really strengthen my legs up!!! I'm super excited if you can't tell. I want to work up to the Double Trouble premix to lengthen the total w/o time. I found it really easy to use the slide plates and am excited to have them for my STS workouts! Has anyone else tried Slide and Glide? What were your thoughts? Tomorrow is Disc 5 baby! Also, I've tried to update my weights in the calendar, but it doesn't change my 1 RM it seems. I think I have to go in and manually change the 1RM in addition to inputing my actual weight. Has anyone else found this? Thanks!

I LOVE Slide-n-Glide! That is the perfect one to take with you when you can't workout at home cuz you don't need much equipment. Great workout too :) Glad to hear about all your goodies! I love getting fun workout stuff in the mail :)

Well you can probably tell but I have a lot of free time at work today. I'm training someone and today is her last day before she is on her own. I asked her how she wanted everything to work today and she said I'll do everything and come find you if I have questions. Works for me but makes for a boring shift. Thank goodness for the forums ;)

Tomorrow I have to work form 8-4:30. It's an education day. Not looking forward to the lack of sleep I'll be getting tonight. Here's to hoping I'll fall asleep as soon as I get home.

I didn't preorder yet. I was busy before work and now don't want to use my credit card on a public computer. Tomorrow it is! I'm thinking I'll order GS Legs too. So many people love that one. Tony won't know if I order just one more DVD right?! I already warned him about the new series so he will be prepared :)

Not much more going on. Hmmmm post something for me girls. Entertain me :)

Thanks for the post Carolyn. Hour and a half left for me.

It's funny how we can get sore from simple things like that. Just a different movement and using different muscles. Gotta love DOMS from anything though haha!

I'm debating which workout to do tomorrow too. It will have to be something simple since I don't get off til 430, will probably get stuck in traffic and not get home til 6. Now that I'm thinking about it I should probably take a rest day or just do yoga! Awww sounds nice! I feel like Yoga Max and Yoga Relax never get done.

Have fun tomorrow. Today was 102 here....GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck sleeping tonight! I hate getting up at night but of course in my state it happens like 2 or 3 times, even when I quit drinking liquids hours before bedtime.

Marie! Yeah it was an awesome workout. Are there any other DVDs that have some good cardio workouts with the slide and guide discs? I'm totally hooked! :) Good luck with everything baby! It will be here before you know it.

Morning ladies!

Today's workout will be CSS (LIS, Cardio Supersets), the premix with the bonus step. BTW Sisam, you would love that one as it inclues the disc exercises in several of the rounds and she also uses them during one part in the bonus step section. I actually have to modify the vertical disc moves on my rebounder since those exercises don't agree with my knees for some reason. I can do horizontal moves though like mountain climbers and burpees. So, for that reason, I didn't click with S&G but I know a lot of people just love that one!

Carolyn- omg that is so bad about your friend!:confused: As if it weren't shocking enough the beach story, then I read about her strapping her kids in a high chair with snacks while she left the room to workout! Holy choking risk!:( That is just plain negligence! I'm so sorry you had that experience. I know how uncomfortable it can be when you are in the minority during a situation like that but you were definitely in the right there!!! Speaking of which workouts to order with XTrain, have you gotten Drill Max yet? You would just adore that one! I know you had been trying to get it on ebay but it fell through or something? That one is totally up your alley! Another good one for lighter days is Travel Fit. It's a great workout when you are feeling too drained to do much else (or for when your knees are acting up since the cardio is low impact) and the toning with the band is ingenious in that one!

Jean- I definitely think doing some other lower body dvds is a great idea for Meso 3. LIS TBT lower body is perfect for that because you get an amazing workout for the glutes and hamstrings in just 39 minutes...all low impact (unlike the plyo legs) and without super heavy weights like in the squat rack. It's amazing how the DOMS were focused exactly where they should be yesterday (and today even!). I like it when I feel it in the posterior chain (glues/hamstrings) instead of in my quads. I don't like to work my quads too much since they get overdeveloped so easy on me.

Good luck with week 2 of Meso 1 Si and Meredith! It's so nice to get that chest disc and all those push ups out of the way for the week, isn't it?:eek:

Meredith- TTM and CF are amazing cardio workouts and the options with those or so endless! The premixes give you so many choices whether you want a long cardio workout or if you want to do a short 15 minute add on to other workouts.

Marie- AB is perfect for you right now! The low impact is perfect for your pregnant self and yet is an AMAZING body conditioner. You are going to rock your labor from being so fit!!! That makes me so sad about your niece. She's just being set up for a lifetime of struggles and body image issues by becoming overweight at such a young age. It just breaks my heart when I see/hear things like that:(.

Another hot day today. :( This summer is insane. I wouldn't even mind the heat so much if we'd just get some rain here. The crops around here are all withering away and it sounds like it's happening all over. Food prices will be skyrocketing I'm afraid. :confused:

I better get to that workout now!

Good Morning ladies! I got so busy yesterday, I never even got online. Crazy!!!

So, I got up this morning and did my cardio. And off to work I come. I stopped by Publix on my way to work to get a gallon of unsweet tea, box of fruit loops, and some yogurt. And, they finally got the new oxygen bookazine. So, tonight I am looking forward to reading it. :)

Crazy busy, so I will be back later to chat!!!! :p

Hi all, I did Cardio Kicks for my cardio today. I haven’t done that one in a really long time and I was dripping sweat after. Even though Cathe said I didn’t need to do any abs :) I did the abs that are tacked on to the Cardio Hits DVD (I think maybe from S&H Back?). My son woke up twice in the middle of the night last night (rare for him) so I was hurting this morning. I didn’t want to get up, but my accountability here to you all really helped with that, so thanks!

Carolyn and Colleen, I think maybe I have confused you two in the past, so I wanted to say sorry!

Carolyn, I can’t imagine NOT watching your kids at the beach! Wow! I’ve definitely hung out with those type of people who socialize and drink at family get-togethers, but there is always people with eyes on the kids or in the water with them. As for the swearing, someone should have called out the swearers. Seriously! That’s just in bad taste.
Jean, thanks for the help with workout manager. I haven’t found the time to make it back there, but I will. I feel like I was doing just what you posted, but maybe not. I don’t fill in the weight for things like push-ups, but I think I filled out the reps for everything (even the non-weighted exercises). I’ll just keep trying.

Marie, like Betty I had c-sections with both of my kids. I really wanted the natural drug-free experience, but my daughter was breach and would not turn around despite my best efforts (chiropractor, acupuncture, handstands in the pool, playing music to my hoo ha, you name it), so I had to have her by pre-planned c-section. Then I opted to keep it at just one scar in one location with my son, so I had another one. It’s odd to pick your children’s birthdays, but that’s how it worked out for me. Good luck to you! I’m looking forward to CF and TTM after reading all the good reviews here. I hope those ship out right away.

Si, I have only done Slide and Glide once, but agree - I totally loved it! Now that I have my handy new rug, I’ll have to add to my cardio mix for next week. I am having trouble with the Workout Manager too. I was noticing that it doesn’t seem to be advancing my workout in my ticker either :( Oh, I wanted to add that I had a protein shake before Disk 4 and a yogurt before today’s workout. It’s not easy for me to get up and immediately eat, but both times it did not bother me during the workout and it was nice not to be absolutely starving at the end of the workout. So thanks for that tip!

For Si, and anyone else, if you pre-order and add anything else to your order, you can take the 15% off if it’s before the end of July. Don’t forget to put that code in. It saved me $7

Hello to Missy, Mary, Betty and Colleen, and I sure hope I didn’t miss anyone!

Meredith---You should receive your DVD soon. They normally ship them right away!!! You are going to love them. I love love love em!!!

Carolyn---Back to the beach.....I can't imagine going to the beach and not worrying about where the children are. Did they forget where they were? The Beach....tons of strangers, and sharks.....Well, I understand where you are coming from and I would not go with that group again either. I don't have children but I understand. To me its like pet owners who let there pets roam the neighborhood. I would worry sick not knowing where my babies were. Oh well, we all know that you kids are safe and loved!!!!

Okay....tonight I am doing Afterburn....but I also want to do HST. ???????? So many good ones to choose from. I am looking forward to getting the new series so I can have a schedule. Once again, having so many to choose from!!!! :p

BBL!!! Gotta Run!:)

Meredith- isn't it great having a check in for accountability? It has helped me sooo much!! It makes a big difference when you report what you did or plan to do...it makes me much much more likely to do it! No worries about confusing me and Carolyn, lol. There are a lot of people to keep track of on the thread! I'm actually participating in another check in at VF revolving around the Horizontal Conditioning workouts and that one has about 20 people in it!:eek: Really hard to get to personals and remember everybody on that one, but I try! The forums are almost as addicting as workout videos themselves!:p

Hey gals, slow day on our thread. How is everyone?

I did a Turbo Barre premix yesterday (forgotten that there was abs and UB), and a Yoga Max (I don't think I've done any yoga this year!) premix today.

It's so gross out that we're just hiding at home. Yuck! There was an electricity watch from 12-5 today from my utility company. 24 hrs from now we should be awash in rain. Fingers all crossed!

Marie and Colleen, I can't imagine the >100 degree temps you've been having up north! Is it humid to boot?? Carolyn, the rain is in VT right now; will be getting to you soon! Relief!

Mer, good choice to buy TTM & CF. You won't regret it. They're fun and innovative! Nice job getting up to work out after an interrupted night! In the Wkout Mgr, after you change one 1RM, make sure you save immediately to reflect the change in upcoming exercises within the same disc. I guess I will try to remember to eat something before I work out too, now that Si has got you started.:) Incidentally, I envy you the CA livin'!:D

Last edited:
Marie! Yeah it was an awesome workout. Are there any other DVDs that have some good cardio workouts with the slide and guide discs? I'm totally hooked! :) Good luck with everything baby! It will be here before you know it.

Afterburn ROCKS! One of my favorites. Athletic Training is also a good one for the discs :) Both from LIS!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.