>be what I want.
>
>I’ve decided to stick to a rotation planned around the 4DS &
>NOT to rotation hop. So far, I’m very happy with the strength
>gains that I’ve made and I’m not bored. My progress has
>convinced me that I’m ready for a product like STS and I will
>use it as planned.
>
>It seems like there are more advanced home exercisers now.
>Many home exercisers have more knowledge and home fitness
>equipment. There are more requests for a gym like experience
>at home. I think STS is Cathe’s answer to the advances that
>home exercisers have made and to the changes in technology.
>New instructors are competing for the advanced market and
>Cathe seems to be trailblazing another small niche.
>
>
>I hope all goes smoothly,
>
>jordan
>
>

Will ya share your rotation?
Angela:7

Probably not; I don't have a squat rack at home and never will (not enough room, or money at this point); I could go to the gym, but if I do...I really don't need her workout to use the squat rack.

I'm not terribly excited about the all-weight workouts; I could develop some kind of periodization plan myself, if I wanted, don't need to buy so many DVD's for it.

Also...I guess I'm the only one bringing this up...but it will really force you to think too hard about what you're doing. I'm obsessive about so many things in my life, and so busy with work, etc...I really don't have time to get obsessed with exercise (work, etc slips when I do) and can't spend a lot of time day-dreaming and figuring out what my 1 rep max is....which is EXACTLY what I would do! I know from experience. My new approach to working out has to be 'Just Do It'...weights, cardio, whatever. Perhaps my life will eventually let me plan it out more..but not right now. I have too many other goals to fulfill.

Lastly, I have serious back issues and dread using the squat rack until it improves. Add to that wrist and shoulder problems, and the fact that I really don't think I need a squat rack to get all the strength in my legs that I want sometimes I think that just thinking about walking uphill will make them grow a bit of muscle. I could, however, use a real bench and spotter for chest press...cause it's harder for me to improve there. That, however, requires a gym parnter, which I also don't have.

I do hope this series does fill a need for enough other people. While I have admired Cathe's weight lifting DVDs since I first learned about them, I just don't have a need for 36 more, at the moment. That of course, can change in time. I haven't yet explored all of them, and at some point, may feel the urge to get some of these.

Lady Unix LOL I hate being left out too.

I'm not buying a squat rack but may buy the plate mates that would help to increase the weight load (from 80-85%). I'm not even sure what that increase in weight load means yet. :+

Now I feel left out too :(

I don't even know what a squat rack is.

It sounds like the equipment will cost another $200 plus and I do not have more room in my workout area.

A friend of mine said he would buy the series for me because he knows how much I adore Cathe.

I am on the fence.

Kathryn's decision will be mine since I respect her expertise.......

Kathryn.......Help!

:eek:

I ABSOLUTELY will Pre-Order them all!!! }( }(

And I am soooo looking forward to the MP3 iPod workouts too! I will most definitely have to order those too!

Love Love Love Cathe :* :* :*

xoxo,
Denise

I intend to preorder because this sounds like a great thing. I have only been working out with Cathe for a few months, after discovering her on TV. I have been very happy with all of her workouts even though I am not yet even an advanced exerciser. I figure if I do enough of Cathe's workouts, I should become advanced as time goes by. I am particularly looking forward to having a plan, as my current workout schedule is rudimentary at best -- basically making sure I don't do weighted workouts two days in a row. I really appreciate Cathe's informative, personable style, intelligence and sense of humor. I am very excited about this STS. P.S. Thank you all for your great message board; I have read great advice here that has helped me choose workouts that I've really enjoyed.

I know I'm going to end up preordering, but I'm not as excited about these workouts as I have been about her other stuff. I've done the X and it takes lots of commitment and drive. I'm sure these will too and I remember the dread factor in X after doing it for a couple of months. I hope I don't feel the same way about STS. I think there isn't as much excitement about STS because it's so hardcore. Lots of people just don't want to push it to the next level because they're very happy with where they're at right now. I'm one of them. But I also don't want to regret not ordering if later she puts out more appealing workouts that are made to compliment the STS system. Sure I could always order later on, but I refuse to pay full price for anything!

>HI all,
>
>Do you plan to preorder STS and if so, why?
>
>And if not, why?
>
>I am seriously on the fence about this series. I don't want a
>program that is so all consuming it leaves little time for
>cardio.
>
>I also don't want all those tricky moves done with the
>stability ball.......
>
>I am so on the fence about this series and am also afraid it
>will cost too much for my limited resources.
>
>
>

- Each workout is 60 minutes or less.
- It's a 3-day split which leaves 4 open days where you're not weight training. In a typical 3-day split 3 days are for weight training/ 3 days are for cardio/ 1 day is for complete rest.
- Weight training builds muscle and muscle tissue EATS fat. The more muscle you have, the more fat you burn (this combination burns more fat than 6-7 days of cardio EVER will). Cardio and weight training are not opposed. It's not an either/or proposition. The two work together to make you better.
- I haven't heard anything yet about using the stability ball there's a reason those moves are tricky for you (and me). Anything you have trouble is a problem because, somewhere, you're not strong enough to do those moves well. Doing those moves until you CAN do them well makes you STRONGER. They may be a drag but you shouldn't avoid them. I STILL have to use both legs to roll that ball out when I'm on the floor but I never give up TRYING to roll it with one.
- This system IS going to be impossible for many people to afford but if you think you might be able to swing it they're going out of their way to come up with easier ways in which to pay for it. If you think you can afford it but you're doubting if it will be money well-spent I believe you'll be very pleasantly surprised. Dedication to a system such as this, combined with ever-changing types of cardio will net you better results, faster than doing the same stuff all the time. You can continue to use all your current cardio dvds, your treadmill, your bike and all you current weight training dvds when you've gone through the entire series, before starting the series again at a greater intensity. There's nothing to fear here. Periodization is a great thing and, this time, it's CATHE!!!

>A cardio's hater's dream rotation -- Ha!! OMG yes, I'm in!!!

I do cardio all the time because you're not really fit without cardio (or weight training) but, like you, I hateit hateit hateit, every minute of it }( .

These sound better and better to me now that I know it's only 3 workouts a week and I can do the cardio I want to keep the variety in there. Still just don't know...
Angela

I am on the fence, I just wish we had a little more info (recovery week, cardio/yoga days- what we will be doing...) I will end up preordering just so I get the discounted price. I'm sure when I get it, I will be more excited!
I also was surprised by the lack of "buzz" on the boards by the announcement.

Deanie

At this point, I don't think I'll preorder. First off, I really don't like to have my workouts planned that long in advance. Week to week is more my thing. Secondly, all the christmas shopping bills are now pouring in... DH's car broke down (again)... all the insurance premium payments are due in January... heating costs in the NE are at an all-time high... you get the picture!!

Another thought is DVDs don't go bad/spoil, and you don't have to renew them every year. So, although it is a big chunk up front, it's $200 you're investing in the rest of your fit life (plus, if you share with your housemates, in theirs, too). Hmm, sounds like I'm rationalizing my way into these.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.