STS Body Rockers (formerly STS New Years Challengers :) - Week of June 19th

itsup2me

Cathlete
Starting this since I didn't see anything yet:) I hope I got the name right, felt funny to start it, since I'm still a newbie, but this check in has been very motivating for me!

Hope you all are having a great weekend and a nice Father's day! My own parents are away on a month long vacation, DH's father passed away a few years ago and DH and I don't have any non-furry children, so pretty quiet day for us today. I did IMAX this a.m. - was a good workout (though I agree that the older hair styles, clothes, etc... is a little distracting - though when Cathe does her little (evil?) giggle, it seems familliar again). Got some DOMS in my biceps from yesterdays STS - funny I'd never realized how much weaker my left arm is than my right before starting this series.

I've rearranged my workout plans for next week a bit, I'm going to end up doing disc 10 and disc 11 back to back this coming weekend - I think that should be ok - what do you guys think? (Then I'll finish Meso 1 on Thursday with Disc 12!) I usually would do disc 10 on Saturday and then 11 on Monday and 12 on Wednesday - but I have to rearrange due to some long travel, meeting days Monday through Wednesday...

Katie - I know just what you mean about need for some extra motivation at times, it's hard sometimes! Great job on your workouts yesterday, that's alot!

Wendy - the water toy sounds fun:) Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, been down all week when I unofficially weigh, but we'll see what we have tomorrow:)

Tracy - I came across a post from you on a thread that made me laugh -"I likes the food"... too funny, yeah, I too likes the food (too much):eek:

Hi Autumn, Kiki, Jen, Bridget:)

Thanks for getting us started, Kris! ;)

Today was CTX-AS (aka. Step, blah, blah :rolleyes: ). We had a pretty good Father's Day over here, DH and DS spent tons of time together, & they both loved it! :D DS bought all his Father's Day stuff on his own this year (w/$ he makes from cutting lawns), I just supplied transportation ;)

Well, I'm pooped...it's almost midnight here, and I was just supposed to be peaking in from my phone to see if anyone checked in, not laying in my bed in the dark, writing to y'all, to the sound of DH snoring in the background, lol :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll be back in the AM for my usual check-in.

Good morning. On my 2nd cup of joe, almost ready to face the world ;)

Figured now would be a good time to pop in and give my updates. As I said yesterday was CTX-AS, Saturday = no workouts for me :D, Friday, I ended up doing STS shoulders (disc #30, skipping bi's & tri's) and Plyo Legs (disc #26), instead of the S&H shoulders segment. Again it was one of those choices made more out of laziness than any other ryhme or reason. Since I was already doing an STS w/o, I just grabbed the next disc outta the case that had shoulders on it :p. Today will be PUB/PLB" bonus" (the total body premix). And maybe HIIT or the HIIT hi/lo (from Intensity) if time permits.

Kris: I think you'll be fine doubling up. I've had to do that plenty of times in order to rearrange according to things that were planned already, or those things that just pop up. I was just saying in another thread (that Tracy started, that the first time I did STS, I wrapped up M1 in like 2.5 wks! :eek: I wanted to start at a certain time, but I also had a big anniversary trip coming up and didn't want to take an unnecessary week off of STS, so I tweaked it to make sure that I was on my active recovery week during that time. That plan actually worked better than I'd imagined, because it got me into bikini shape FAST...it was an unexpected benefit for me, and needless to say, DH was quite pleased. ;)

Wendy: I hope you made the coffee extra strong today! Hope today doesn't end up like last week w/you (almost) falling asleep at your desk! Nice job on that BR workout today ;) . Looks like you're already getting a headstart on you BR rotation, lol. Keep me posted on our S90 rotation. I'm gonna take a look at my calendar and see what rotations I can fit in til then? Hmmm, where would that put me for starting my next STS? like December :confused: ? Wonder if I'd be allowed to linger around here (in the STS thread) that long :eek:

Jeni: Sending you motivation vibes this week! It's a new day, we all fall off here and there, just hop back on! Maybe some quick premixes, is all you can fit in, every little bit helps. ;) You can do it :D

Melanie: How's that rest week treatin ya? Can you believe that you've already knocked M1 out? It goes by so fast?

Autumn: Hope your neck and shoulder are feeling better :( . Cuz you gotta ROCK those w/o's for the rest of this week. OMG you leave in like 7 days ARE YOU READY?! :eek: (are the kids bouncin off the walls yet?)

Bridget, Kristin, Tracy, Katie: Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

BBL :cool:

Kiki:: I plan on re-starting STS as of Jan 2nd. Wait until then and start when I start! :D They will let us linger. They have no choice in the matter! :p I will definitely keep you post on the S90 start date! ;) So you tried All Step!? :eek: That w/o was the bain of my existence for a looong time! I just could not "get it" to save my life! OMG! It finally "clicked" but it took a loooong loooong time and prior to that I had avoided it like the plague for a while cause it made me crazy! :confused:

Kris:: Thanks for starting the thread. And with the new name too! You ROCK! ;):D I'm sure tomorrow's weigh in will be great for you! My weight is up and down this week due to social events so as long as I don't see a gain come Friday I will be happy. :)

Wendy: yes, I tried All Step! WHAT WAS I THINKING?! lol. I've never done it before, so I thought "what the hay? One step w/o is just as horrible as the next, right?" :rolleyes: WRONG! Omg, I looked liked such an idiot, & to make things worse, DH decided that he needed to fix the vacuum :confused: , RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I mean, seriously?! There's a whole house up there, & and you really need to do it here? Now?! :mad: So he's just smirking and snickering in the background (mostly @ me, but sometimes @ Cathe's 80s look, :p, rofl!)

To sum it up, it was NOT a pretty sight. *sigh* Oh well, maybe I'll just have to sit out any stepping :( (I hope they're all on Sat, when I planned on ducking out for a bit anyway)

Greetings STS Body Rockers!!! I don't remember when I checked in last... I've been walking, spinervaling, and TBMing. I was Facebook chatting with a friend of mine, and she mentioned running was bothering her knee and hip. I asked about other cardio and she said running is required for the Air Force. Sooooo, I got a wild hair to start running b/c hey I'm not in the USAF but they require it so I'll try it, lol :eek::rolleyes:. I started the C25K (Couch to 5K) program. We will see how long I last... my knees actually feel better than they have in a long time. :confused:

Kris ~ It sounds like a nice day. Our day began with no power. Grrrr... I am such a bad roughin' it girl. Our power went off at 2:30 a.m. and didn't come back on until about noon. We were dragging the kids to the basement at 2;45 in the morning... fun times. While the power was out, I asked my DH if I could count this as camping... we were in the woods, under stars (ok behind clouds but still), with no power... I'd go start a fire and cook something if he wanted, lol. My DH used to try to get me to go camping, but I'm just not interested. My argument is we live in the woods. It is like we camp everyday just in a house. ;) So he said but when you camp you are under the stars and can hear the bugs and cook over an open fire. So, I suggested we sleep with the window open to hear the bugs, and I told him I was cool just knowing the starry sky was on the other side of our celing. I'd start a fire in our yard to cook and walahhhhh... the camping experience at home. ;) He finally gave up, lol!!!

My dad passed away in '03, so y'day was bittersweet. I miss my dad but love celebrating my DH's fatherhood. :) My DH is just an incredible father. :D

I think you will be find doubling up.

Wendy ~ I am about to cave on another workout system. I keep telling myself to commit myself (maybe into a nearby facility for my addiction ;)) to a BodyRock rotation... but the urge to buy is so strong. ;)

KiKi ~ I can't believe it is time to go!!! Unfortunately, my neck is not better. I'm going to see my chiro this week & hope for the best. I've had this before and just don't have time before the RT to let it recover. Guess I'll modify unless the chiro performs wonders on me. Do we need to start a new workout group for former STSers? ;)

Hi Melanie, Jeni, Bridget, Kristin, Tracy, & Katie **waving enthusiastically**

I don't know how much time I'll have this week to visit and then the next 2 weeks I'll be vacationing... but I'll be reading and trying to keep up & pop in when I can :)

Last edited:
Autumn:: Which work out program are you leaning towards?? I am more gung ho for a BR rotation then ever! Zuzana kicks some serious tushy! I can't wait to get started! :D Enjoy your vacation!!!!

I'm baaaaaacccckkk (for now). :eek: :D Wow it felt nice to get up, do my workout, come to work, and just sit at my desk and sip my coffee. Last week was sooo crazy. I'm definitely a creature of habit and i'm glad my routine is back in place.

Yesterday I did Intensity (yowza) and today I did Disc 24 + Ab Circuits - no equipment (I skipped Disc 23 but plan on coming back to it on Wednesday). Still lov'in those drop sets!

NOTE: I started this thread at 8:15 a.m. It is now almost 2:00 pm and I JUST got back to my office to finish. :rolleyes: What are they thinking expecting me to work around here?!? I mean really... :D :p

Kris: Thanks for starting our thread for us!! I love the new title. Good choice all! I too noticed my left arm is weaker than my right arm when I started STS. It causes me headaches at time with STS but I also think STS has helped catch my left arm up to my right arm. I also agree that you'll be fine doubling up your STS workouts. If you have a choice between (i) doubling up or (ii) skipping an STS workout, it's always better to double up, right? :) I hate elmo push-ups...just for the record. I think I hate them because I suck at them. :p :rolleyes:

Melanie and Bridget: (Belated) Welcome to the group!!! If i've already welcomed you....oops! :eek: I'm a little scattered brained at the moment. :) I'm very excited that you've joined and I look forward to hearing all about your STS journeys!

Kiki: Your story about your DH "fixing" the vaccuum during your step workout is cracking me up! Sneaky, sneaky! :) NOW LISTEN LADY, you've put to much hard work into learning step to skip it on the roadtrip!! :mad: :p You have step at least once with Cathe and show off all your new cool moves! :)

Autumn: I love your "no-camping" arguments. Makes sense to me! ;) :) I'm so sorry to hear your neck is bothering you. I'm sending healing thoughts your way right now!!!!!! You're going to have such a great time at the roadtrip nonetheless! It will be a "magical" experience i'm sure! :p :D I really need to STOP with the "puns" because they always suck. Haha!

Jeni: I hope this week is going better for you! It's a new day right? Pick your FAVORITE workout, pop it in the player, and get busy! ;)

Wendy: Still guzzling that coffee? :p ;) I HATE when I oversleep. Frustrating!!! Great job knocking out that BodyRocker w/o. It looks like a killer! Of course we will let you and Kiki linger. It just wouldn't be the same with out you all! Plus I don't want you to kick me out when I finish STS. :D ;) :p

Tracy: We are ALMOST FINISHED WITH MESO 2!!! :eek: Where did the time go? Weren't we just starting STS yesterday? :) Great job with BM2 this weekend. That one is sooo tough. 60 pushups?!?! Get it girl! Have you started riding yet? I LOVE your "super lawyer" comment...really I just want a cape to wear around the office. How cool would that be?!?! :eek:

Kristin: Hope you had a great weekend!! I love the story about your son with the star wars ball. To cute! :)

Sorry if I missed anyone!!

Katie

Katie:: Did I hear that you did Disc 24!? That means you are heading into M3!!! Woot! :D Good job with Ab Circuits too btw. ;) Yeah right-the nerve of our employers expecting us to WORK for a living! HAH! :p Had to quit on the coffee earlier but I'm surviving anyway. I think I am getting used to the sleep deprivation. :rolleyes: It seems to be affecting me less and less which means I am getting less sleep on a more consistent basis. :( My bed time has creeped up from 8:30-9:00 most nights to 9:30-10:00 and I am still getting up at the same time every morning. :confused: Thanks re the BR work out! So when ya gonna try one!? :D

Good morning, hope you all had a terrific weekend!

Thanks for the motivation, everybody. I've evicted the slug that had been inhabiting my body, and am back on the wagon. Woke up at 4 to get in STS and a Chalean Extreme ab workout. Hope to get in yoga after work, but have early dinner plans, so I don't know if I'll have time. I *will* do my first body rock workout this week, that's a promise.

Also, unrelated, but I am hoping you can help. I’m looking for a killer ab workout. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Wendy: Yes, i'm almost to Meso 3!! EEK EEK EEK!! I can't believe it. :) I've still go Disc 23 on Wednesday (I like to do legs right before my rest day), but after that i'm into my active recovery week and then jumping feet first into Meso 3! :eek: Oh no what happened to the coffee?!?! Are you just being a good girl and not drinking multiple pots (like I tend to do when I'm lacking sleep)? :p We need to get your bed time back on track! I think it is harder to go to bed early in the summer because it doesn't get dark until 9:00/9:30. Oh Wendy i'm such a chicken!! I hate to admit it but I really really am. I always look at the BR workouts you post and my reaction is always: wow, yikes, yowza, geez, oh my goodness, eek, help, no way, holy crap on a cracker, that's batt crap crazy, etc.! For some reason i'm just extremely intimidated by the BR workouts. I think after I finish Meso 3 i'm going to have to get a little backbone and just give it a try (see how i'm STILL stalling there - haha).

Jen: GREAT JOB getting back on the wagon!! That's always the toughest part. :) What STS disc are you on? A killer ab workout...hmmmm... I'm thinking our Abs Nazi - I mean Wendy :) - might have a few ideas. What DVDs do you have? I personally LOVE STS Ab Circuits. It has 5-6 (I think) different routines, all of which are completely different. Most of the routines are between 15 and 20 minutes so I always feel like i've gotten a great ab workout.

Last edited:
I always look at the BR workouts you post and my reaction is always: wow, yikes, yowza, geez, oh my goodness, eek, help, no way, holy crap on a cracker, that's batt crap crazy, etc.!

:D:D:D Love some of the sayings in there! I think holy crap on a cracker is my fave though! :D:D:D Thanks for the chuckle and oh, btw, you CAN do these BR work outs! You are a Cathlete afterall! ;)

Hi Girls!

This is a super busy check-in!!! Its hard to keep up almost.

OK - so here goes.

Kris - I'm right about where you are with STS. I'll be doing disk 12 tonight! Woohoo!!! I'm wondering if it will be as tough as disk 9 was. My butt & legs were really feeling that disk days after doing it.

Kiki - Good for you for sluggin' it out even through All Step! Take comfort in the fact that that one is short. I'm not in my rest week just yet - but I'm really looking forward to it.

So this weekend I went to a street festival here in Montreal & ended up blowing my whole "eat clean during STS" resolve. But I don't think one day of indulgence will throw me off, so I just enjoyed myself. I had THE best fries I've ever had in my life. Seriously. So it was worth it!! Plus, how can you walk in the sun for hours, getting all tired out from the amazing shopping, without having icecream? Its impossible. Man I had fun yesterday, so I'm not going to wreck it by feeling guilty.

This morning I did IMAX, tonight is STS disk 12. I have to double up today cause I was supposed to do disk 12 yesterday.

Tomorrow morning is a non-Cathe step workout but I really enjoy it - Athletic Step Jam by Sharon Money-Twombley. Its a sneaky killer workout. Sneaky cause its fun & the music is great and you don't realize how tough its getting.

Anyways, have a great day all!

Hi there - :) I did Disc 8 this a.m. - really felt those chinups and pullups with that tower:) Love that! Thanks everyone for the advice on doubling up this weekend, makes me feel better:)

Wendy - thanks for the good wishes on the weigh in:) It worked, I was down 1/2 lb (of course I was down more than that up til today, but hey, I'll take what I can get) :) Great BR workouts! I look at those rotations you post too, they do look crazy - I agree with Katie:)

Melanie - I am scared for Disc 9 from your description! I have that one coming up on Wednesday:eek: The street festival sounds awesome! You were right to enjoy the ice cream and no guilt for sure - a girl has to live! :) Great job with IMAX, I did that one yesterday:) Fill me in on Disc 12 for sure.

Kiki - Great job on All Step! I hate it when my DH comes in when I'm stepping too - get all distracted and then about kill myself on the step... lol.

Autumn - You've been getting in great workouts! lol about the running because the military requires it:) I hear you with the camping. I have about enough of the outdoor life around here living in the house... Yesterday, in fact, I let the dogs out into the back yard and opened the door (french doors, with glass, and I nearly always look out first but not yesterday...) and realized as the dogs stepped out on the patio that something was there, took me about 2 seconds to realize that what "it" was was a very long snake - I screamed, I mean screamed bloody murder - so DH came running - my dogs backed up (except my parents dog who we're dog sitting - she stepped over it and back). DH quickly informed me that it is a bull snake (not poisonous, about 5 feet long), but man... I got some extra cardio there - I will not be going out without looking out first anytime soon. And best part, DH went out to get it out of the yard and it slithered into a hole under our patio... :confused: fabulous. (thank God it wasn't a rattlesnake - my parents dog would have been bit for sure...) The dogs are a little leery going out today, keep looking at me like I'm going to scream again... even my cat came running to see what all the fuss was about....

Jen - woohoo on getting back to it! Great job! :) I'm sure others have great suggestions on the Ab workouts, I do like Ab Circuits too - I like the variety. :)

Have a great day everyone:)

Zoo-Wee Mama! You turn your head for a minute and this place goes crazy! (we just watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid again the other night, so I got "Zoo-Wee Mama!" stuck in my head :rolleyes: )

Melanie: Thanks re: All Step, that's what I kept telling myself. It's pretty short, I can do this :eek: . And then again once it was over, I was happy it went by fast (even if I didn't "learn" a thing :rolleyes: ) I did do the shoulder segment also, so at least there was something I could actually follow along to, lol - gotta love that "weight lifting choreography" :p ) Your weekend sounds like you had a blast! Don't feel too bad, I know I definitely had my "not-so-clean-eating days" during this last round of STS...ummm, ok, so maybe it was more like "not-so-clean-eating MESO'S!" :eek: M1 & 2 weren't the best on the clean eating scale for me :eek: , so I had to especially clean it up for M3, so as to not go through an unplanned "bulk" right before the warm weather hit ;) That's actually when I lost some weight, was in M3 :D (I only maintained through 1&2)

Katie: I had actually planned to do Intensity yesterday, to. But skipped out on ya at the last minute for the dreaded AS :rolleyes: . Yeah, way to go KiKi :confused: . I figured with the days dwindling down, I needed to step out of my comfort zone w/step AGAIN. I actually like Intensity because even though it involves a step, it's not too "steppy" for me :p

Jeni: Glad to see ya back @ it again! Can't wait to hear how you BR w/o goes :eek: . As for the abs...I am probably the WORST person to ask, lol. I didn't even work my abs (as in - when a dvd got to ab segment, it was officially over to me...fast forward :eek: ) until the Ab Nazi kicked my bootay into gear! ;) Maybe you could tell us what w/o's you have already, and we (meaning people that don't include me :cool: ) could suggest more? Do you already have Ab Circuits/hits/Core Max/CCC? Maybe some good pilates dvd's could work (again, I wouldn't know :p , I'm just throwing stuff out there, ROFL!)

heloo everyone!!! I am sorry for checking in so late!! But today was my maiden cycling endeavor with DH. We have hills around here...so we did some hill climbing and went 23.1 miles....with that alone, according to the workout mgr. I burned at least 1000 cals!!! woo hoo..it was fun... I also did STS disk 22 first thing this morning because it is going to be close to 100 in lovely CA. today!!!

I am going to have to BBL for personals and I want to read everyone's stuff...but gotta go because I am going to my dad's house on the Pacific Ocean for the night with one of my DD's...:) Now my DH is gonna be alone for once!!:p

Hello all,

I start STS this week- I did my 5am spinning class this morning, tomorrow I start STS1! I am a STS virgin. I got the STS abs DVD too- I didn't catch if there is a prescribed way to add it into the 3 month rotation- any insight?
Not all the exercises printed on my 1RM sheet- perhaps the ones with 2-3 stars? I also went a bit lighter than I could have- I think I will be thankful for that ultimately.

Melanie- I hear you on this being a busy check in- I had to take notes to figure out who was who and who did what?

Autumn-C25K looks interesting- I have the "c" part down! I own a book- the non-runners marathon training guide that is very inspirational, I just don't like to run- perhaps this summer I'll give it a go again...

KiKi- AllStep used to be the video they gave away when you bought a step- it always was horrible- IMHO- I remember the YaYa swaps you couldn't give that one away.

Jen- Is Chalene related to the Turbo Fire woman- I have that set, and I honestly cannot get into it. I may pick it up again, not ready to try to resell it yet

Tracy- I admire the biking you do- I haven't owned a bike since I got a driver's license! My new job will be in the same town that I live in, and I am considering getting a bike to commute in.

Katie- I own Intensity, never did it- bought it during a presale, when it finally arrived, my fitness level had fallen by the wayside- hopefully after STS, I can get back there again. I am really looking forward to this!

Fitmommy & Wendy- howyadoin?

Hope to check in tomorrow after my first STS

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.