Strength in Numbers

This morning I did Pedal Power. Always a favorite and good thing that is what I was doing today because I did not want to get out of bed. Knowing I had a goodie on tap helped push me out.

Pam Oh that has to be a long drive and very tiring. How sweet that she involved her son in the ceremony. Great job on BM2! Oh no, I hope you figure out what is going on with your foot. Do you think you need new shoes? Sounds like there is a lot of good things happening on the kitten front.

Janie Good for you resting! Great job on your 4.16 mile walk! You are doing amazing and yes I am jealous of you, Cheryl, and Pam for living in beautiful places.

Have a great day!

Julie I am sure that all your errands and chores felt like a workout. Good job on PUQ and GG. I couldn't have been as calm as you if there was a spider coming towards me and I sure wouldn't have tried to kill it with the back of my hand :eek:.

Pam Glad that you had a nice time at the wedding. That is so nice that they had vows being done for a step-father/ step-son. Good job on BM2. Umm maybe some more time off will be good if your foot is hurting. Maybe more weight work instead? I wonder if your friend is considering taking Lucy and Ricky. Hopefully the person you are meeting with tomorrow will take Claudia.

Jane Good for you in taking the weekend off if your were feeling like you needed it. Good job on your 4.16 mile walk yesterday.

Sunday I did Stretch Max segments 1 and 3 and then went to the farmer's market. Yesterday I did STS disc 28 Chest and Back and in the evening went dragon boating. Today I did PRS #1 and now I have just come back from a dentist appointment. Tonight I might go hike the crunch with some dragon boaters so I am posting now just in case I don't get a chance tonight.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last edited:
This morning I did PUQ and GG. No spiders coming may this morning. I’m already looking forward to yoga tomorrow. Tired and ready to stretch out.

Cheryl Great job on doubling up on SM 1&3! SM 3 is one of my favorites. Something about the band really helping get into the stretches. Great job on STS D 28 Chest and Back and dragon boating and PRS1! I really wanted to scream when I saw that spider but DH was sleeping so I had to put on my brave face. Hope you got a nice hike in!

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on your Long Beach walk. I have been enjoying your pictures on FB. You really are lucky that you can walk to beach and the woods in the same day. It's so nice that you really appreciate the beauty around you too, not everyone does.

Julie Great job on PP. it definitely helps knowing you have a favorite workout to look forward to when you aren't feeling like getting up, You know what, I probably do need new shoes! I think I have been using these for almost a year. Thanks for the reminder!

Cheryl My friend was seriously thinking about taking Lucy and Ricky, but decided that the timing isn't good for them. It would be her daughter that wants them, and she is going to school full time and working. She is on a two week break from school right now, but once she goes back she won't have much spare time. Great job on SM 1+3 , disc 28, dragon boating and PRS 1!! I hope you got your hike in.

Julie Great job on PUQ and GG with no spiders! I'm sure you were looking for them the whole time.

Yesterday morning my friend and I went on a 29 mile bike ride. Right at the end of the ride I ran right over a big long snake! I thought it was a branch until I was pretty much on top of it. I think it was just a black snake, but boy was it big. Claudia went home to her new family yesterday. We are really going to miss her, but I really liked the woman who adopted her. They also have a 10 month old kitten and she sent me a message after she got home and said that Claudia was bossing him around already. This morning my foot was feeling pretty good so I did cardio and weights and Stretch max segment 2. Now I need to get my house cleaned to get ready for our weekend visitors Carl is graduating from UNC on Saturday, so DHs mom and her husband are coming to stay with us. It's supposed to be hot this weekend too, so there is a good chance we will be swimming. :D Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on PUQ and GG. I find the band stretches really help my muscles as well. You are so good to not waking up DH when you saw the spider. I probably wouldn't have cared if I woke him up or not :)

Pam Good work on your 29 mile bike ride. Good thing you were on a bike when you ran over the snake and didn't step on it. Too funny about Claudia bossing around the kitten. Great job on Cardio and Weights and Stretch Max Segment 2. How exciting that Carl is graduating from university. Nice that you will be able to enjoy your pool this weekend.

We did go for our hike last night. The temperature was perfect for it. When we got to the end we saw two deer that had come out of the woods to look for food. On our way back down it did start to rain but it wasn't too bad, I got back home before it really started to come down. This morning I did STS disc 29 Plyo Legs and then I went to the SPCA for volunteering. I was on my own this time cleaning out the guinea pig cage, the cage with a couple of new rats and the cage for the mouse which I haven't seen yet because it is always hiding under the shredded newspaper. Then I went a got the grocery shopping done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Veryone is doing really well with exercises. Yesterday was a beach walk with my new dogie Bizbee. Adopted him through PAWs. We walked the beach for over a mile. Today, in a few seconds will take him in to the vets to neuter. See you soon later for my update on a workout or something.

Have a great day,

Janie

This morning I did yoga. Again it was pretty blissful. I’m pretty tired today and don’t feel I got good sleep last night so happy it is my Friday since I am taking tomorrow off work. DH and I are also working on adopting another dog. She is from a rescue in MN and if all goes well, we will be driving to meet the transport team tomorrow afternoon some time. Then it is spending the weekend helping Sheba get comfortable with her as she tends to need a slow introduction to new dogs.

Pam Great job on your 29 mile bike ride! Oh my, I would have been sick over running over the snake. I’m not a fan of them but I hate running over living or dead things. So glad Claudia got adopted! Too cute about her bossing around the kitten. Great job on C&W plus SM2! Glad your foot is doing better. Hope you have excellent weather and enjoy the graduation!

Cheryl That sounds like a beautiful hike except for the rain at the end. Great job on STS D29 Plyo Legs! Oh that poor shy mouse. Maybe he will warm up to you one day.

Janie Great job on your beach walk! Bizbee is adorable but you already knew that! I don’t think he will like his trip to the vet but unfortunately that is a necessity to take care of.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl I'm glad that you were able to go on your hike and had such nice weather for it. A little rain isn't too bad if it is warm. Great ob on disc 29 and your shift at the SPCA. That's funny that you haven't seen the mouse yet, I guess he is shy.

Janie Great job your beach walk. I love the name Bizbee and think he is so cute!!

JulieGreat job on yoga and finding it so blissful. That is great that you are adopting another dog. Is she a boxer too? I can't wait to ee pictures of her. I'm like you, I don't like snakes but don't want to kill them. I'm hoping that it didn't kill it since I was near the tail, but that may be wishful thinking.

Yesterday was a 21 mile bike ride and a busy day overall. After I got home a had lunch and took a shower, went to see my mom, had a hair appt, went to the grocery store, got home in time to feed the kittens and head out for dinner and the David Byre show. It was so much fun, he is crazy and puts on a great show. This morning I did 30/30 and ICE chiseled upper body. My MIL and her husband come in today and we are having everyone for dinner tonight so I'll be spending most of my day cooking and getting ready for it. Have a great day!

Pam

Janie So nice that you adopted another dog that you can walk on the beach with. I am sure he won't be thrilled with having the "N" word done to him but it is a necessity.

Julie Good job on yoga and finding it blissful. That is exciting that you adopted another dog, is it a boxer too? I am sure you will be busy with getting Sheba comfortable with your new fur baby.

Pam Good work on your 21 mile bike ride and 30/30 and ICE Chiseled Upper Body. Enjoy your dinner with your MIL and her husband.

So yesterday morning I was so tired I didn't work out. I had a couple of pieces of bread the day before and it did me in. I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet so we didn't have much in the house for lunch. I find gluten makes me extremely tired and lethargic. I went to dragon boating but it was a struggle, I was glad that the practise wasn't too intense. This morning I was still feeling the effects so didn't workout again but we did go out to my parents and got the yard work done for them. That was enough of a workout for me today. I am hoping that tomorrow I will be back to normal and getting a workout in.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Julie, Great job on yoga. I have days of not getting enough sleep too. No fun. What kind of dog will you and hubby be adopting? Exciting times!

Pam, OML! Great job on a 21 mile bike ride. OOOOO, I'd like to have had seen the David Byre show with you. FUN! Also for doing today's 30/30 and ICE chiseled upper body. Enjoy your dinner tonight. Sounds like a good time.

Cheryl, Glad you are listening to your body and didn't work out. I heard of that symptom from Gluten. Glad you know what it was. Sorry that dragon boating was a struggle. Just keep listening to your body. It will tell you when you can exercise again. Yep, I agree, yard work IS exercise. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Thursday waited for my little guys neutering to be over so I could take him home. It took several hours. So I shopped and got some 2nd hand clothes. Fun! Didn't have time to do much in the way of exercises. Friday Bizbee and I walked the beach again for over a mile. He had fun, then I walked Lefty around the yard. Been wanting to start weight exercises, but hadn't done it yet. I'm hoping to start on Monday with a simple but effective one.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie Sounds like Bizbee is doing fine after his neutering. Good job on your walk on the beach and walking Lefty around the yard and today's walk on the beach with Bizbee.

So today I did STS disc 30 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I was feeling much better today. I used to be able to tolerate a little bit of gluten but it doesn't seem that way now. I guess I am going to have to make several types of bread that I can eat to put in the freezer before it gets too hot and I won't want to turn on the oven.

Cheryl

Cheryl, Fantastic job on STS Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Saturday night Bizbee and I took yet another walk on the beach for the same amount of time. Then today we went to the Johns River trail and walked a couple of miles. He's doing so well and loves it! What a beautiful character of a dogie I have. So loving, teasing and a kind dog. Wow, did I hit the jack pot!

Janie

Friday morning I did PUQ and GG! After that I picked up my parents and we drove 4:30 to Des Moines, IA to pick up Layla. DH had to work so my parents went with me so I could sit in the back with Layla the ride home. She is super sweet but pretty tentative around new things and loud noises. She is also so skinny, you can see her hip bones. I tried to feed her a biscuit on the way home but she didn’t want it until we were about 30 minutes from home. Then she finally ate it and I fed her the rest of the bag. We spent the entire weekend working on getting her and Sheba familiar with each other. She loves Sheba but Sheba is a slow intro dog so we have to take our time introducing her to other dogs. They are doing really great together now. We all slept in the bed together last night. I tried to do my workout this morning but DH came and got me about 3 minutes into my warm up because Layla was trembling. I stopped so that I could go comfort her. Will try to do a workout this afternoon when DH gets home.

Pam Great job on your 21 mile bike ride! That does sound like a busy day but sounds like it ended on a fun note. Great job on 30/30 and ICE CUB! Layla is a boxer. She came from a puppy mill and was one of over 100 dogs left behind for several months after the place got shut down. That is why she is so skinny. That and she has round worms right now that we are treating. I will try to post pictures soon.

Cheryl I’m so sorry the bread doesn’t suit you well. I try to limit my bread intake but it doesn’t seem to have the same effect on me as it does you. Sugar on the other hand does me in bad. Glad you had the energy to go dragon boating and that you were feeling better enough to do STS D30 SBis and Tris. Homemade bread sounds delicious but does heat up the house. Layla is a boxer. DH is quite the boxer lover and I just love dogs so any kind is ok with me.

Janie Glad Bizbee’s surgery went well! That is amazing he was up to wanting to walk on the beach so quickly afterwards. Great job on your walks on the beach with Bizbee! You’ll get to other workouts in time. Walks are wonderful and you are getting to spend time with your precious furbabies at the same time.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Oh boy, that stinks that bread does that to you. I would be very sad if I couldn't eat bread! Great job in getting your dragon boating in anyway and so nice of you to do your parents yard work. I consider that exercise for sure.

Janie I'm glad to hear that Bizbees surgery went well. Great job on your beach walks with him. That is wonderful that you got such an awesome dog!!

Cheryl Great job disc 30, glad to hear that you were feeling so much better.

Janie Great job on your beach walk and your hike. It's nice to have a hiking buddy!

Julie Great job on PUQ and GG. Oh poor Layla, I hope she gets settled in quickly. I'm glad to hear that she and Sheba are doing so well together already. Those puppy mills are terrible, I wish they would shut them all down. Those poor dogs being left in that situation for so long, no wonder she was trembling. She doesn't know yet that she hit the jackpot with her new home.

It was a fun but busy weekend. We had dinner here Friday night with the kids and my MIL, Saturday was Carls graduation and we went over early to walk around the campus a little, then all went out for Sushi afterwards. Sunday we had everyone her for brunch, including my SIL and her husband and one of her kids and their new baby. It was a really nice day, but the car broke down on our way home. Luckily we were only about a mile or so from home, and we called a neighbor who came and picked us up. My DH is a whiz with cars and already has a new alternator on the way to fix it. This morning I did Drill Max and now am doing some laundry before heading over to see my mom. I didn't go yesterday because my brother came and took her out for lunch for Mothers Day. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie, Great job on Friday morning PUQ and GG! How exciting to have Layla. You will make her healthy. I'm sure her and Sheba will get along just fine. Aw, she's making herself right at home and sleeping well. Wonder why Layla was trembling?

Pam, It's always nice to visit with family. It sounds like everyone had a great time. Dang cars! Glad your neighbors were home to help. Great job on Drill Max and laundry.

Today was a couple of miles on the beach with Bizbee and Total Body Sculpting.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Janie It is so nice that you have Bizbee to go for walks with and that you got a dog with great character.

Julie Good work on PUQ and GG. Poor Layla being in a puppy mill but she is a lucky dog that you and DH adopted her. That is great that she is getting along with Sheba. I am sure she will be fine and won't be trembling once she realizes that this is her home.

Pam You sure did have a busy weekend. Bummer that your car broke down but nice that your neighbor was able to pick you up. That is great that your DH is a whiz with cars and can fix it. It sure saves money. Great job on Drill Max.

Janie Great job on your walk on the beach with Bizbee and Total Body Sculpting and today's 2.5 mile walk on the beach.

Sunday we went over to my brother's for a mother's day lunch. Monday I did STS disc 4 Chest, Shoulders and biceps and went for a walk in the afternoon. In the evening I went dragon boating. It was really hot out Sunday and yesterday so I was having a really hard time sleeping. Today I woke up really tired and then I ate some eggs which I have been fine with in the past but not today. OMG what else is going to go wrong. It seems that I am having problems with reactions with food again :confused:. I did manage a workout (just barely). I did ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox and it seemed to go on forever. I guess I am really going to have to watch what I am eating for a while.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I didn’t get a workout in on Monday afternoon, we ended up taking Layla to the vet for a checkup. She has some inflammation in her ears so they gave her a treatment and then we take her back in a week to get another treatment. Tuesday I didn’t get a workout in either. She still has some separation anxiety when she can’t see me. I did get a workout in this morning. I told DH we have to work through this with her or she will never get over it. I ended up doing PUQ and GG and she settled down about 10 minutes before I finished.

Pam Yum! I love sushi! Of course no one else in my family does so I never get it. Bummer about the car but how lucky your DH knew what needed to be done to fix it and can do it himself. My DH is good around the house but cars only on the simpler stuff. Great job on DM! I found out that the US Department of Agriculture actually provides kennel licenses for puppy mills! I guess they are considered similar to livestock farms. It took several years and an investigation that discovered he was not accurately claiming his assets and income on taxes before he got shut down. Nothing to do with the treatment of the dogs. Crazy world we live in.

Janie Great job on your walk and Total Body Sculpting! I think Layla has separation anxiety with me as she has already bonded with me. So since she can’t see me or get to me when I am working out, she trembles and gets scared. Plus she is a little nervous around DH still. Actually all males. Great job on your misty 2.5 mile walk!

Cheryl Great job on STS D4 CSBis and your walk plus evening dragon boating! The heat will definitely zap your energy. Oh bummer about the eggs not agreeing with you especially since they had been. Have a noticed any patterns with the food allergies? Like maybe them being cyclical or seasonal? Great job on ICE RSKB even though it was taking forever! I think it will take Layla a little time to get into the groove in her new home and I am sure she doesn't realize it is forever yet but she will soon. All in due time.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job your beach walk and Total body sculpting, and also your long misty beach walk.

Cheryl Great job on disc 4 and your walk and dragon boating. Oh boy, that is terrible that the eggs disagreed with you like that. I am so thankful that I don't have any food issues, that must really complicate things. Great job getting Rock Em Sock em kickboxing in despite it lasting forever!

JulieOh poor Layla. I hope she is able to get over the separation anxiety quickly. She really bonded with you fast. Wow, the dept of agriculture licenses puppy mills?! That is just amazing. Layla being nervous around men makes you question how he treated the dogs. Hopefully she will realize that she is in a safe place soon. I'm glad you were able to get your workout in and she settled down. Great job on PUQ and GG. That's too bad that you never get to have sushi. My DH and the kids all love it. It's really nice that my DH can fix almost anything that goes wrong with our cars. We have only had to take this car in once the entire time we've had it, and it has over 300,000 miles on it!

Yesterday I did Gym Style Back, shoulders, and biceps. Someone came over to meet the kittens yesterday and she put in an application for Pippa. I haven't heard yet if she is approved, but I can't imagine she won't be. Four of the 5 have their surgery next week, so they are almost ready for adoption. The other one is a couple of weeks younger, so he'll be getting his soon. This morning was Tracy Stahle High intensity step mix. It's one of my favorite non-Cathe workouts. Have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.