Strength in Numbers

So after taking a full rest week, I started back up with PUQ and GG. It was tough and almost like starting over. I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow. We dog sat for our neighbor this weekend. Reminded us that we are getting kind of old for the whole puppy thing. She was an adorable but highly energetic 75+ pound, 8-month Rottweiler. She was tons of fun but just did not stop. I think she was just so excited with all the new stuff.

Pam Great job on FS Boxing BC/Legs and FS LIC+MC! Oh I am so sorry about your mom. I can’t imagine how difficult this is for you and her. Hopefully they can get her on something that will help. That is nice you got to kitten sit some of your old fosters and Claudia got her playmates back. No luck on dog sitting though? Great job on BM step and circuits! Sometimes it is harder to pick up your feet in those step routines. Wow it is like kitten central at your house but I am glad you keep getting new ones because it means that the others are getting adopted.

Cheryl Great job on STS Disc 2! Wow that is pretty hot for April. We finally hit the mid-60s most of the week last week and this week is supposed to be 70s with a few low 80s. So excited about the weather finally turning around. Great job on FS LIC + bonus abs! We went to Costco on Saturday too. We went so that we were there as soon as it opened. I can’t handle the crowds there. Looks like you had fun dog sitting too. Great job on STS D3 legs! You are making me miss the legs in STS. Great job on YR and food prepping!

Janie HI!!!! So nice to have you back! You have a good plan and mind set. Start slow and the progress will get you there.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on disc 3. Those meso 1 leg workouts are tough! Great job YR and your food prep too. Claudia did ok at the adoption event, but was not adopted. There was one woman who was really interested in her and came back twice to see and hold her. She got my name and number so I may still hear from her. The only problem is that she only wants one and doesn't have any other cats and I really think Claudia needs a playmate. Cristina came and picked up Heidi and Eddie this morning and still wants Claudia, but she said she is still working on her fiancé.

Janie Hi! So good to hear from you! I know you can do it, but don't push yourself too hard at first! I'm looking forward to sharing your journey.

Julie Great job PUQ and GG. I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow and I'm sure you'll be feeling great again soon. Oh yes, puppies are a lot of work. I always said that god made them so cute to keep people from being able to stay mad at them. That is a lot of puppy that you had there too! The weekend was crazy here with the new kittens plus Heidi and Eddie. The two newest ones are really really playful but so far they are hissing and growling at all of the other cats and even at each other! One of them was playing with a toy mouse and growling at it the whole time. o_O

Yesterday I ended up spending the whole time at the adoption event with Claudia. We put another kitten in with her and I think that helped her to do ok. There was a sweet woman who works there that I met last week who came over and asked to hold her and she started crying while she was holding her. She had two cats and just lost the second one :( This morning I did Intensity and the abs from Cardio and weights. Heidi and Eddie went home this morning and the new crew is sequestered upstairs, so things are quiet around here this morning. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie, thank you it's good to be back. Oh yes, I plan on slow for sure. Good going after a week off and starting with PUQ and GG.

Pam thank you. Yep I agree won't push myself too hard, but maybe just a little. Awe, you do awesome work on animals. What a precious story about the sweet woman. I feel her pain. Great job on Intensity and abs from Cardio and Weights.

I did 30 min. walking on the beach today.

Have a great day everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
This morning my inner thighs were so sore. Doing Cycle Sweat was tough but I pushed through. I can’t say it was my prettiest ride though.

Pam Oh how sad about the woman at the adoption event. I am glad Claudia did a little better with another kitten. Hopefully that will get her some exposure so she can find a home. Great job on Intensity and C&W abs! Oh yes the neighbor’s dog is going to be a huge girl.

Janie Great job on your beach walk! Walking and the beach are the best combination!

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on your beach walk. I can't think of a better way to get exercise!

Julie Great job pushing through CS despite your pain. I hope your inner thighs are feeling better tomorrow!

Yesterday I ended up getting and spreading another truckload of mulch. I was pretty wasted after Intensity and that! I went to see my mom and took her an Alzheimers activity pillow. Hopefully that will help with some of her restlessness. I also ordered her a robotic cat that came yesterday and she just loves it. It purrs when you pet it and it meows and rolls on its back and everything! She has been so sad about not being able to have any pets where she is, so hopefully this will help. They are also going to start having therapy dogs come in once a week which she will love. This morning I did RWH LI Hiit and Hit circuit upper body. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie, Great job on doing Cycle Sweat. Haven't done that one yet. When I get stronger will try it.

Pam, Spreading mulch must cost you an exercise, yes? Then you did Intensity. I would be wasted too! Good job! What is an Alzheimers activity pillow? Awe, you are so sweet with your mom. (My mom had Alzheimers too) I bet she loved the robotic cat and all it's purrs and meows and all the other tricks it does. OOOOO, I'm sure a therapy dog will cheer her up as well. What great ideas! Good job on RWH LI HiiT and HiTT circuit upper body.

Walked for an hour and 36 min. What a fabulous place to walk! It's an old loggers road to the John's River Cemetery. I thought the whole trip was 1.6 miles to the site and 1.6 miles out, but instead, after 48 min. into my walk, decided to turn back. My legs were getting tired. Came across a family of hikers and they said from the trail head it starts off at 1.6 miles to the cemetery. Next trip I will be stronger and looking forward to visiting it. In the mean time, look at our world here. It's simply magnificent!

Have a great and wonderful day, ladies,

Jane

Janie Glad to see you back here. Slow and steady is the way to get back into it again.

Julie Good work on PUQ and GG. Puppies sure do have a lot of energy and I bet the new surrounding made her even more excited. Sometimes an older dog works better because they are a bit more settled.

Pam That is too bad about the adoption event but hopefully Christina will convince her fiance to adopt Claudia. Oh the poor woman who lost the last of her cats. It is hard to be alone when you are so used to having them around. Good job on Intensity and the abs from Cardio and Weights.

Janie Good job on your 30 minute walk on the beach.

Julie Great job on Cycle Sweat. That is one nice thing about working out at home, we don't have to look pretty we just do it.

Pam You have been really busy getting your yard ready for summer. I wish they would let people of pets in care homes but it looks like you found a good substitute. I am sure the therapy dogs will cheer you mom up. Good job on RWH LI Hiit and Hiit Circuit Upper Body.

Janie An hour and 36 min walk is great and it sounds like it was a really nice area to walk in.

So Monday I did STS disc 13 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Then I did some cleaning and errands. Last night I went dragon boating, it was a really nice night out too. Afterwards we went to the pub but I only had tea since I am doing the cleanse. I got home late so I didn't get a chance to post. This morning I did Step Moves and then some more cleaning. In the afternoon I did the hike up the Coquitlam Crunch which was about 5km round trip. I think I will try to do that hike once a week. It starts off with 457 stairs and then it is a trail that leads up for another 2km.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did PUQ and GG. My thighs were still sore but better than yesterday. I decided to take the day off work to do some spring cleaning. I got all the couch covers cleaned, my car, the carpets shampooed, and Sheba got a bath. Now that is finally nice out, it is time to get the winter mustiness out of the house!

Pam Great job on Intensity and all that mulch spreading! I can only imagine how wasted you were after all that. What is an Alzheimers activity pillow? That sounds so cool, the cat you gave your mom. I am so glad she likes it. Yea, they are bringing in therapy dogs. Nothing like the comfort of pets! Great job on RWH LI HiiT and HCUB!

Janie Great job on your 1:36 walk! You have such amazing places to walk where you live. I am glad you are able to take advantage of all that beautiful scenery. My legs would definitely get tired after that long as well. Well maybe my feet would wear out first. You will definitely get stronger with every step you take.

Cheryl Great job on STS D13 CST and cleaning and errands! Good for you for having tea at the pub. That takes tremendous self-control especially after all that dragon boating. Great job on Step Moves and more cleaning! Doesn’t it always feel like there is always more cleaning to do? That sounds like a great hike and a great workout once a week.

Have a great day!

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 13 chest, Shoulders and Triceps yesterday And all the cleaning with errands and dragon boating. And for doing Step Moves and on your cleaning. Also for the hike up the Coquitlam Crunch 5km trip. Wow! Great job.

Julie, Great job on PUQ and GG. I can see you would have sore thighs. And your intense cleaning jobs. I need to do the same here. Want to come over and help? LOL!

I went to the same hiking place I went yesterday. Got an hour of hiking in. So Much Beauty there.

Take care ladies,

Jane

Janie Spreading mulch definitely counts as exercise. It is hard on the back. I am almost done for this year though. An Alzheimers activity pillow is a pillow that has zippers, pockets, different kinds of buttons, this one also has a stuffed animal and a little change purse that had a bracelet in it. A friend told me about activity aprons, and there are also blankets and pillows. It's just something to help with the fidgeting. I hope it helps! She will be very excited about the therapy dogs, she just loves animals. If you have any tips on dealing with someone with Alzheimers I would love to hear them. It is such a difficult thing to see. Wow, great job on your long walk. It sounds so incredible and I have been loving your pictures on facebook. You will be stronger every time and yes, our world is an amazing place, isn't it?!

Cheryl I wish they would allow pets at my moms home too, but I understand why they don't. It's one more thing for the workers to take care of. Plus you have to worry about allergies. I think the therapy dogs will be a good alternative. Great job on disc 13 and dragon boating. That is some will power to just have a tea at the pub, good for you! Great job on Step Moves and your hike also. It sounds like a great hike!

Julie Great job on PUQ and GG and all of your spring cleaning. That is no fun to do, but it sure feels good getting it done, doesn't it? An Alzheimers activity pillow is a pillow that has lots of different things to keep their hands busy. The one I got her has a zipper, some pockets, various shaped buttons, a stuffed animal, and a little change purse that had a bracelet in it. A friend who works in a rehab facility told me about them. I'm hoping it will help keep her from taking her bandage off her nose and picking at it.

Janie Great job on your hour long hike. I love hiking, you are giving me the itch!

This morning I went for a 20 mile bike ride with my friend and then just sat outside working on my crocheting and enjoying the sun. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Good job on PUQ and GG. It feels so good to get some spring cleaning done and to air out the house. It makes the house smell so much fresher. Yes it did take a lot of self control just to have some tea. We will see what happens tomorrow after our practise because it is suppose to be warm out and a cider would go down so much better than tea.

Janie Way to go on your 1 hour hike. It is so much nicer to hike in a place where there is a lot of beauty.

Pam I don't know if I will have the same will power tomorrow if we go to the pub after practise because it is supposed to be warm out. A cider would go down much better than tea. Good work on your 20 mile bike ride. Nice that you could do some crocheting while enjoying the sun.

This morning was STS disc 14 Legs. My lower back was sore so I didn't do the deadlifts and substituted supermans instead. After that I went for my first volunteer shift at the SPCA. I helped with cleaning cages for the guinea pigs, Tulip the rat and a mouse. We gave them clean litter and food and water too. I never did see the mouse because it hid under newspaper but I could hear it sometimes. After that we went to cats and because I haven't had the cat training yet I could only watch what the other volunteer did. After that I spent some time with the guinea pigs and feed them lettuce and parsley. So this will now be my Wednesday morning thing to do.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to do yoga because our power went out about 10 minutes before the alarm went off. Luckily it came back on pretty quickly. We had some really heavy storms last night. Heavy wind and rain. So much so that our deck furniture slid all the way across the deck. I did get yoga in and am still loving this one. After that I headed in to work early because I needed to pick up Ozzie’s ashes from the emergency vet before they closed. The box his ashes came in is really beautiful but I always by a special box that matches my other dogs. It will be nice getting him home and placed in the curio cabinet with Oscar and Maggie.

Janie Great job on your hour long hike! I actually have a love hate relationship with cleaning. I hate getting started but usually get really into and have a hard time stopping. Of course, I love the feeling afterwards.

Pam Great job on your 20 mile bike ride! That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the afternoon, crocheting in the sun. I actually had a pillow similar to that when I was a kid. I think my mom actually made it. It was zoo based and had pockets with buttons or zippers and little stuffed animals so you had to put the right animal in the right pocket. I loved it. I realize my being a kid is not the same as your mom having to deal with Alzheimers but what you described brought back the memory of that pillow.

Cheryl Great job on STS D14! That is a great substitution when your back isn’t up to deadlifts and super smart of you to do. Oh that sounds like so much fun to help out at the SPCA. I hope to do that one day when work doesn’t take up so much time. I was so happy to hear my husband walk in after work and say the house smelled good. It made me feel like all that effort was worth it.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on disc 14 and doing a smart substitution. I love the name Tulip for the rat!. I love that you are doing that.

Julie Wow, you must have had a lot of wind to blow the deck furniture like that. Great job on yoga, I'm glad that your power came back on so that you were able to do it. Aw, that is so sweet that you have special boxes for your dogs ashes in your curio cabinet. Actually my mom is very much like a toddler now. My DH and I have said that a few times.

This morning I did RWH Hiit Circuit lower body and bonus abs 2. I am feeling really weak and breathless with my workouts this week. We are going to Michigan tomorrow for a wedding, so I think the 3 days of break from working out are going to be a good thing. I'm getting another kitten this afternoon :rolleyes: She sends you the pictures and it's so hard to say no. This one isa little black one with green eyes. He should fit in well with the other 4. Have a great day. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post this weekend, so have a good weekend too.

Pam

This morning I did PUQ and GG! I am so happy it is Friday. It is supposed to be really nice all weekend and I am looking forward to hanging out on the deck with Sheba and DH.

Pam Great job on RWH HCLB + bonus abs 2! Sounds like rest is what you need. I love black kittens and those green eyes would be hard to say no to. Have a safe trip to Michigan and back!

Have a great weekend!

Julie I am glad that the power came back on and you were able to do yoga. That must have been some wind storm that you had to blow your deck furniture across the deck. That is so nice to have Ozzie's box match the others you have for Oscar and Maggie. That was a nice complement that your DH gave you about the house smelling nice I am sure it made all the work you did worth it.

Pam Good job on RWH Hiit Circuit Lower Body and bonus abs 2. A break might be just what you need to re-energize. A black kitten with green eyes would be so cute. You need to post pictures. Have a safe trip and enjoy your wedding this weekend.

Julie Great work on PUQ and GG. I remember all the work you did on your deck last year, enjoy getting out there this weekend.

Yesterday I did Low Impact Circuit, just the cardio premix. Then we went out to my parents and mowed the lawn and did weeding for them. After that I went dragon boating, it was another really nice night out. Then we went to the pub and got home late so I didn't get a chance to post. This morning I did STS disc 15 Back and Biceps and then got the laundry and vacuuming done. Are any of you going to order Cathe's new series? I am going to, it sounds really good.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Pam, great job on the 20 mile bike ride. Wow, that's impressive. And for this morning great job on RWH Hiit Circuit lower body and bonus abs 2. Yes, I think a few days is much needed. Have fun at the wedding. A new kitty, how wonderful. Enjoy!

Cheryl, Great job on STS disc 14. Glad you were wise to your body and didn't do dead lifts but subed supermans. How did you like SPCA? And for Friday, great job on Low Impact Circuit, just the cardio premix. And yard work at your parents. Also for today's STS disc 15 Back and Biceps house work and dragon boating. Wow! Again! Good for you!

Julie, great job on yoga. I'm sorry about Ozzie. I know how it is loosing a fur baby. For Friday great job on PUQ and GG!

Yesterday I did 2 hours of hiking. My hips were pretty sore. I took today off.

Jane

Jane I liked the SPCA. It has only been one shift so far but I like being with the animals. It gives me a chance to interact with animals such as guinea pigs that I haven't had before. Good job on your 2 hours of hiking. Good for you in taking the day off if your hips were hurting.

Today I did ICE kickboxing and the bonus abs. After that we went out and got some plants so I did a bit of gardening when we got back.

Cheryl

This weekend seemed to fly by. I didn’t work out Saturday or Sunday but Saturday I did get a lot of errands and chores done. I got my pantry organized which has been long overdue. This morning I did PUQ and GG. While I was doing my first static hang from the pullup bar, there was a spider crawling across the ceiling right towards my head. I surprised myself while keeping my calm and trying to kill it with the back of my hand. Let’s just say my heart rate was up after that.

Cheryl Great job on LIC, cardio premix plus yard max at your parents and then dragon boating! Glad you are having nice nights to do your dragon boating. Hopefully it stays that way and doesn’t get too hot. Great job on STS D15 Back and Bis + laundry and vacuuming! I will pre-ordering but probably waiting until the last day of the good price to do so. I was hoping for another spin workout but no such luck! Great job on ICE kickboxing plus bonus abs!

Janie Great job on your 2 hour hike! That is quite a hike and no wonder your hips were sore. Glad you took a rest day.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on PUQ and GG.

Cheryl Great oboe LIC had max and dragon boating. That sounds like quite the busy day. Great job disc 15 and you housework too. I am thinking about ordering Cathe 's new series, and I most likely will. I am not too crazy about ICE though, so hoping I like it better than that series.

Janie Great job on your 2 hour hike. It looks like you have some wonderful places to hike near you.

Cheryl Great job on ICE kickboxing and abs.

Julie How nice to get your pantry organized. Such a pain to do, but one of those things that feels so good to get done. OMG, I am impressed that you were able to stay calm and hold your pullup with a spider crawling toward your head. I don't think I could have done that.

The wedding was really nice, but the weekend was so tiring with those long drives to get there and back. I'm so happy for my niece to have finally found such a nice guy though. She has dated a string a losers before this! She has a little boy and they had vows for him and her husband about taking him to be his step son/step father. It was so cute. This morning I did Body Max 2. My foot its still hurting me though, so I need to be thinking about taking more time off I think :(. The new little kitten I got was so shy when we left, but now he wants to be with people all of the time. Lucy and Ricky spend the weekend at my friends house and are still there! They asked if they could have then for the day on Saturday, and just keep extending it...Hmmmmm....she told me last week that she wasn't getting any more animals after the dog and cat that she has now, but I'm wondering if she's changing her mind. :) Claudia has a meet and greet with someone tomorrow, and another friend sent me a message over the weekend about herm so it's looking likely that she will be gone soon. Have a great day!

Pam

Cheryl, great job on today's ICE kickboxing and the bonus abs. And doing a bit of gardening.

Julie, I took Sat and Sun off too. Needed it. Doing errands and chores,organized pantry is accountable. Good for you. I should clean my house. Great job on PUQ and GG. My Joey just killed two spiders over my head (just now). I hate to see them killed, but there was no way they were going to be captured. If they only knew we were going to put them outside.

Pam, Glad you enjoyed the wedding. Ah, it sounds so lovely. Great job on Body Max 2. Sorry about your foot. Dang! It's always nice to have your house back after visitors.

I took Sat. and Sun off. Truly needed it. Today, Monday, went on the beach and took a 4.16 mile walk with camera in hand. I am so lucky to be able to walk the woods and the beach, even in the same day. Wow! I love it here!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.