Strength in Numbers

This morning I worked Quads and Calves. I was much nicer to my calves this morning and only did 1 set of 60 calf raises instead of two. I have no idea what I was thinking last week doing 2 but no wonder my calves cried for 3 days. I also did the Stretch Max band workout.

Janie Great job on increasing your interval sprints time! How long does it take to make sauerkraut? I have heard that the exotic salts are better for you than regular table salt because they usually contain minerals that regular salt doesn’t. Do you notice a flavor difference?

Pam Great job on LBB especially after a fun night out! Yep those static lunges kill but they are the last thing before heading to the floor. I do have some nice triceps DOMS. I was pleasantly surprised which probably makes me sound disturbed. You would never think about being in a splash zone unless you were going to a Ted Nugent concert. I wonder if his clean lifestyle contributes to the excess sweat he is famous for? That is interesting about the no drinking or drugs for a rock star. I bet he is one of the few that can say that.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on quads and calves. I'm glad to hear you only did 1 set of 60 calve raises this time. I imagine you are still feeling it, but hopefully will recover sooner than last time. great job doing the band stretch max too, I bet that will help also! I'm sure Ted is one of the few who can say no drinking or drugs, I thought that was pretty impressive. he doesn't seem to be as sweaty anymore either, but that may be because he isn't running around like a madman these days either.

This morning we were just having a lazy morning and I got up to make coffee and tea and when I went to feed the outdoor cats there was a car in our driveway. My DH had told me he wasn't playing golf today and I went and asked him if he was sure because someone was in the driveway. Sure enough, it was one of his golf buddies to pick him up for the tournament they had signed up for. He totally forgot. so I went ahead and did the double workout on my calendar. It wasn't bad for a double though because they were both short ones - Athletic step and MMA kickbox. I hadn't done AS in awhile and I really like that one, but it was a good one for a double since it is only 45 minutes. Tonight we are going to an ABBA tribute concert with some of our neighbors. I imagine it will be cheesy but a lot of fun. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Pam

i forgot, the cork mat is done. This isn't a very good picture, but here it is:

Attachments

• cork rug.jpg
    cork rug.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 3
Eunice Good job on LIS LIC challenge. Too funny about DH messing you up on the last part of the workout. Muscle Max is a good workout too, nice that your legs were shaking.

Janie Sometimes you need to listen to your body and take a day off. If you are fighting with yourself on whether or not you should workout you should probably just take the day off. Walking with Rolly is nice active recovery. Taking that extra day off probably helped you with doing your interval sprinting longer on the beach. Good job.

Pam Good job on Hiit 40/20 and NE abs. Nice that 40/20 is getting easier for you. I haven't done it in a long time, I usually do one of the other two. You really had concerts that are at two ends of the spectrum. Glad that you enjoyed Nugent. Way to go on Lower Body Blast after a late night. I like your cork mat too.

Julie Nice job on back and triceps and being able to increase your weight. You are lucky that you can sleep through thunderstorms I wish I could. Too funny about Ozzie trying to steal your pillow. Way to go with quads and calves and being nicer to your poor calves :D.

Today I did S&G and Thursday I did the first 4 intervals of Low Max. I have no idea where my energy has gone it has been really hard getting up early to get my workout in. Tomorrow I am going to learn how to run an outdoor bootcamp. Should be fun the first part will be a workout and the second part will be learning everything you need to know.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Today was a rest day Since I've been sprinting this has been the only time I got DOM's. Only in my quads though. Hmmmm. They hurt so good!LOL Really liking this active recovery with sprinting. Tomorrow I start weight lifting again. I'm ready.:)

Julie, Great job on the morning's Quads and Calves and the Stretch Max band workout. You calves must be thanking you for 1 set of 60 calf raises. Wow! I tried my sauerkraut today and felt it was done. Joey and I both loved it! I've put it into the fridg and from here it will only get more flavor as we dip into it. Yummmmmmm. I do notice a flavor difference with the exotic salts. Much more flavor. I only use 3 T. salt for 5 pounds of cabbage. Not that much salt used if you ask me. Tastes like there's more salt in it than I put in. I think it's just the way fermentation works.

Pam, Great job on the double workout with AS and MMA Kickbox. Enjoy the ABBA tribute concert.

Cheryl, I think you are right. I love thinking that the sprint workouts are active recovery days.;) Great job on S&G today and Thurs. first 4 intervals of LM. Ooooo learning to run an outdoor BC sounds so interesting.

Take care,

Janie

PamGuess what? Saturday morning I did PCCC:D hahaha!! I was thinking about you, I mean the second round is not that easy when you put it like that, having the jumps/burpee thingy was hard too, I was saying "crazy Pam":p:p Well this big sauce is getting to me one more time, I think I had being relaxing a little bit to much with the eating because one of my favorite jeans DO NOT FIT ME anymore!:mad: So I really, really, need to do something. I wasn't expecting him, he always does the same to me. Good job doing 40/20 for doing your cork mat, and for having lots of fun... I do not know who is Ted Nugent. Also good for doing Lower Body Blast. Also for doing the double trouble. I only know ABBA because of my sisters and brothers and the mama mia movie.:D

JulieGood job doing Back/triceps and for increasing your weight. It doesn't bother me when he walks in the room when I'm doing weights, only if I am in the rest session, cardio yes it distracts me, but more when I am NOT expecting him home. Oh, yes I bet Sam is dreaming about Kangaroos. Also for doing quads and calves I'm glad that you were kind to your calves, 60 reps is not to shy though, also for doing the stretch Max, I don't have that one because a bad boy ate it.:mad:

CherylGood job doing S&G and the first 4 intervals of Low Max, maybe you will get your energy when you finish your PT course for good. Or did you finished and I miss that?

JanieGood job for taking a rest day, DH always get DOMS for doing sprinting I did it once with him I was very impressed on how fast he can run, I wasn't that fast but I did good. Sounds like you are excited about going back to do weight lifting.

Sorry girls I was gone, Friday I went out with a friend of mine, we went to eat lunch, shopping, and talk it was a lot of fun, she got me a china tea cup, from an antique shop very pretty. and I ate so much food I ate sticky date cake, for a morning coffee then at lunch I had apple cake, we did share half and half but still it was a lot of food.. Well I wasn't good on my head either, Saturday I got up early 7:30 to workout I did PCCC you all know how that works, well I got up early to finish early because we were going to take the girls to watch a movie here on base I saw the paper and I thought it was @11.00 when we got there it was empty no one so I showed to DH the schedule and what happen is that what I saw was the date, 11 of August instead of watching at the time the movie was at 1:30:eek::mad: so funny.
Sunday I didn't workout but I had my wine whit a good steak mmmm!! DH and I went to the store to get dinner I picked the steak then I said to him, we are having this with wine, he just rolled his eyes at me and said I have to feed you good before you go to the field, he was "yes, whatever makes you feel good" :D:eek: Bad husband !!!
Today I did disc 31 chest/back for some reason I did one more punt heavier during incline chest press :confused: is weird because I think Cathe said that incline is harder that flat bench, so I'm thinking that something is wrong.
I couldn't go as heavy as I wanted to, my shoulder is giving me trouble one more time :mad: I wonder if I'm going to be able to do 2 weeks of M3 W3 or just once and move on.
Well sorry I was gossiping a lot today haha Have a nice day everyone.

Cheryl I'm not sure if 40/20 is getting easier in general, or if it was just a good day when I did it. Intensity is definitely NOT getting any easier :rolleyes: Yes, we went from one extreme to the other with concerts last week. It was fun though.
great job on S&G and Low Max. I hope you find your energy again, but I know what you mean about getting up early/. How was learning to run an outdoor bootcamp? Sounds like a lot of fun!! Now you can be teaching the bootcamp classes like your friend used to.

janie Oh good for you on those DOMS in your quads. When I run I really feel it in my calves too. Enjoy getting back to heavy lifting again!

Eunice Great job on PCCC! Did you like getting that hard round out of the way earlier though? I did think it seemed easier that way but guess what? I get to do it again this week so we'll see how I feel about it this time! Uh oh, you need to get back into those favorite jeans before you come home, what do you think? For me, I'm usually good all week and then bad all weekend so I spend the week making up for the weekend. I was so happy this morning because I didn't gain any weight over the weekend. It always throws me off if someone interrupts me during cardio and that one is especially tricky so I can understand. The rule in our house is you do not interrupt me while I'm working out unless it's an emergency! DH doesn't always obey that rule, but the kids are pretty good about it. Ted Nugent is a crazy hard rock guy who was popular in the 70;s and maybe 80's. He was one of my DHs favorites so we had to go see him. He is quite the interesting guy. And then ABBA is super cheesy. I never really liked their music too much, but it was fun to go to the show anyway. I haven't seen the Mama Mia movie.
It sounds like you had a great day on Friday, what a nice way to spend the day! That's funny about looking at the date instead of the time for the movie, did you end up going back to see it at 1:30?
Great job on PCCC!!! I saw your empty wine bottle on FB, I'm so proud of you :D;) We had steak and wine last night for dinner.
Great job on disc 31 and going heavier during the include presses. I'm sorry to hear that your shoulder is acting up again :mad:

The ABBA show Saturday night was really cheesy but we had a lot of fun. We made ribs and potato salad and brownies and fruit for our tailgate before the show. Our neighbors parents went too and they went in early and saved us all seats right in front. They were so much fun too, we were getting yelled at for dancing at first, but then other people started coming over and joining us. Yesterday we skiied and then just relaxed and watched some breaking Bad episodes. This morning for me was Intensity again. Boy, it doesn't matter how many times I do that one, it doesn't get any easier. I'm always so glad when that last set of frog hops is finished. I'm starting to think that it is the hardest. Have a great Monday everyone!

Pam

Friday night DH and I stayed the night at my mom’s house. It’s her birthday today so we spent Friday night and Saturday afternoon with her to celebrate. Since she has everything she wants, I cleaned her bathroom for her gift. I think she was excited about that. Sunday I woke up with a stuffy nose and a sore throat but it wasn’t too bad so I did some chest and biceps (increased my weights from last week!) work and then Core Max segment 3. Then I did some laundry and laid around. My throat is still sore and scratchy and my nose is now stuffy and runny. I decided to sleep in this morning hoping the extra sleep will stave off whatever I might be coming down with.

Pam Great job on your double up on Saturday. Guess it turned out to not be such a lazy morning after all. I really think doing Stretch Max after my quad and calf workout on Friday helped keep the DOMS away. I really didn’t have any over the weekend. Oh I love the cork mat. It looks really good. Where were you going to put it again? I can’t believe people would be upset about dancing at a concert. Isn’t that what you are supposed to do? Glad you guys had fun though. I’ve never heard of tailgating before a concert but maybe that is a warmer weather state thing to do. Great job on Intensity. Those frog hops are ridiculous. It seems that Cathe always has us do the harder moves twice.

Cheryl Great job on S&G and the first 4 intervals of Low Max! I hope you get your energy back soon. It is so frustrating to want to do things but not have the energy level there. Maybe once you have your PT certification in hand, the energy will come back. Hope you learned a lot about bootcamps.

Janie Isn’t it funny how sometimes cardio can give us DOMS. I get crazy calf DOMS from HiiT 40/20. I’m glad you and Joey liked the sauerkraut. I bet it looks pretty since you used purple cabbage. 3T of salt isn’t that much but I bet the flavor adds up over time like you said.

Eunice Great job on the PCCC! Too funny about messing up the time for the movie. Sometimes that happens though. Oh boy, Sam was a bad boy for eating Stretch Max! He should know better than to mess with your Cathe DVDs! You are a good wife to want to make sure DH gets good food in him before he heads out to the field. And I bet he secretly loves it and brags about you to his buddies. That is strange that your incline is more than flat. My flat has always been more than my incline but at least 10-15 pounds. Maybe your upper chest is just stronger than your middle chest. Hope your shoulder gets better soon. It is frustrating to want to be able to lift heavy but the joints say no way. Thanks for the article. It is funny but I had actually read that Friday afternoon before you posted it. Guess we frequent the same websites!

Have a great day!

Did disc 25, back and chest. I typed up a beautiful post, but Lost it. Gosh Darn it! I'm making it short this time, it's getting too late. My left quad is hurting, it's more than DOM's. I must have pulled it. Making sour pickles now. It's fun stuff.

Eunice, We all should every now and again eat what we want. Then get right back on the wagon. Enjoy. Great job on Sat. PCCC . Oh no, about the movie. LOL Glad you enjoyed your rest day. Sounds like fun. ;) Great job on today's disc 31 chest and back. Do the very best on your workouts, like you do, and you'll be OK. Don't worry about it. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Pam, Glad you had fun Sat. even if it was cheesy. The dinner sounds lovely and yummy especailly for a tailgate party. The dancing sounds like the most fun! I love Breaking Bad! Great job on this mornings Intensity.

Julie, Aw, you and your mom are so close it seems. How sweet to spend time with her and celebrate her birthday. I love the gift you gave her. For Sun. good job on chest and biceps and congrats for the increased weights from last week. Also for doing Core Max seg 3. Hope you feel better soon. Get more rest if you can.

Have a good evening everyone,

Janie

Pam I don't know if I like it or not, I found the whole workout hard and fun at the same time, I if I might die half way through but that is the way to do it.:what I did notice is that I got sore calves this way:confused: don't know why? well have fun doing it again!!! Of course I have to get into my jeans again and again. I think its more than over a week thing this is for over the last month or so, so its going to be hard for me to loose it. DH are the ones disobeying huh? Ok Ted Nuget is the when I was just born so I need to youtube it. hahaha so you don't like cheesy music? so probably you won't like the movie:p Yes, we did went back to the movies, girls were ready already waiting and saying "mom you make me get up early and take a shower for nothing":p mmm yummy I think that is my favorite meal steak and wine:p Crazy shoulder of mine.:mad: Sounds like the ABBA concert even when cheesy was a lot of fun! wow! Dancing!! Love it! what about singing? that kind of food was good, but not something that I need right now, I'm going to be eating like Rabbit from now on.
Relaxing Sunday ski and watching TV. Good job doing Intensity again! I did look at the rotation that you are doing for some reason sound fun when you said what you did, but when I went to downloaded it didn't appeal to me:confused: weird!

Julie Nice thing to do for your mom Julie. I would like to get some of that!:p I hope the stuffy nose and sore throat is not for to long. Good job doing chest/biceps and core max 3, also for taking the day to sleep in and see that cold goes away. Sam should know better, I wonder if he got a good stretch inside that belly:p Hopefully DH brags about this wife":p that would be nice. I was thinking about the flat bench and incline bench probably I need to increase the flat weight, yesterday I did one set after I was done just to see if I could I was tired and fry so I couldn't go to heavy but I did a few more pounds, so maybe next time, or I'm just even on weight.:confused: 10-15 pounds its a lot of a diff I don't think I can go up that close. Your welcome, I guess we do frequent the same websites. Great minds think a like.:D

JanieGood job doing disc 25 back and chest, sorry about loosing your post, I know its frustrating but oh well. Hopefully your quad get better soon. mmm pickles yummy! I think my wagon its gone really far away from me, so I have to run to catch it. I'm going to go to get a massage soon and maybe my shoulder feel better.

Yesterday I forgot to mention that Stacy got sick again:mad: maybe she didn't get better last week so here we are again, I took her to the Dr, yesterday and she got something in her ears, she is taking antibiotics and not going to school for two days, what a fun week!:mad:
So today I decided to go to gym and run I did it for 65 min, run, hiit 20/10, walked incline 13% then run again and hiit 30/20 I was tired :p my legs are sore right now, my calves, hamstrings, I think I went to crazy with that today.
And other hand my upper body is sore even my biceps are sore, not that crazy but I can feel it when I take my tops off.:p
Have a nice evening everyone.

Julie Oh how nice that you did some cleaning for your mom for her birthday. I bet she loved that. I hope your sleep in yesterday helped to stave off whatever you were coming down with. I had a sore throat for 2 days last week but then it never amounted to anything so I was very happy about that! great job on your chest and biceps work and CM 3. We wree planning to put the cork mat on our side porch outside the door, but DH realized that you can't really wipe your feet on it so that isn't a good choice. We have it at the doorway coming in from the screened porch which is a better spot. It was a very strange crowd at the concert on Saturday. Very mellow which I wasn't expecting. When the people were yelling about it my friend told them 'it's a concert, you're supposed to dance' :) We usually tailgate when we go to outdoor concerts. That is sometimes more fun than the show :p Oh man, I hear you on the frog hops. Every time we do those I am counting them down!

Janie Great job on disc 25! So sorry to hear that you lost your post, I just hate it when that happens :mad: Uh oh, that left quad issue doesn't sound good, you take care of it. The sour pickles on the other hand sound VERY good :D I love pickles! Did you know that this is the last season of breaking Bad? We are making predictions on how it will end......it sure is intense!

Eunice You got sore calves from PCCC but you don't from CCC? This is strange, I wonder why? My theory is that doing round 4 earlier you work harder at that round because you are fresher, so maybe you were really springing on those jumps....? I'm really glad you didn't die halfway through though! :p;) I don't know if I would like the Mama Mia movie or not, I know that my DH wouldn't. I was so surprised that he even agreed to go to the show. He only went because the people we were going with are so much fun! That's funny that your girls were mad that they had to get up early for an 11:00 movie! OK Bugs, enjoy your rabbit food! I know what you mean about the rotation. Sometimes I just read them and they don't get my interest at all. This one has been pretty good, but I did a lot of subbing early on because she had several steady state runs in it. I don't usually like repeating the same workouts multiple times in a rotation either and this one does that a lot. I haven't minded it for some reason though......
So sorry to hear that Stacy is still again (or still...) hopefully the antibiotics willhelp. Wow, you did 65 minutes of hiits on the treadmill?! That is amazing, you must have been fried after that! Great job!

This morning for me was Lower Body Blast again. It was funny because I just did it Saturday but I had already forgotten about some of the stuff. I was supposed to do the cardio only from 4DS kickbox but probably won't do that. Instead I will try to remember to do some abs when I get home. This rotation has had abs at least 3 times a week, but now this week no abs til Thursday or Friday :confused: Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Pam

This morning I am feeling a little better. My throat isn’t sore or scratchy but I still have a stuffy, runny nose. I did do hamstrings & glutes this morning. My lower back on the left side is kind of sore. I actually woke up with it being sore so hopefully doing all those deadlifts this morning didn't tweak it more.

Janie Great job on disc 25! So sorry about your quad. Rest and ice it. Hopefully that will help. Not sure I have ever had sour pickles but I love those dill pickle spears that restaurants serve with sandwiches. I am pretty close to both my parents. They are wonderful people who will do anything they can to help me and my sister out.

Eunice Great job on your treadmill run at the gym! You really hit that one hard. Sounds like you have nice upper body DOMS if you feel it when taking off your shirt. Poor Stacy! I hope she gets better and stays better this time. You need to drop a hint to your girls and DH that the most wonderful gift in the world would be a clean house. I’m not sure that there is any right or wrong when it comes to the difference between the flat bench and incline bench weight. Just as long as you are lifting as heavy as you can with each, you are doing what you need to do.

Pam Great job on LBB! Did you forget about that last set of static lunges? I think I did this rotation at the beginning of 2011 (March or February). I had a hard time doubling up on some of the mid week workouts. I have noticed inconsistencies with ab work too in Cathe’s rotations. Sometimes she will have one a week and sometimes four a week. All in the same rotation. Not sure what that is about. I think my sore throat was from the 20 degree drop in temperature we had over the weekend. It is weird having been in the 90s since around May and now we are in the 70s and barely making it to 80. I think having the cork mat indoors will be nice. It really is a neat mat so you will get to see it more with it being inside.

Have a great day!

Janie Are you sprinting in the sand? That could be why your quads are sore. I hope you didn't pull anything. So annoying when you lose your post. Good job on disc 25 chest and back.

Eunice No I haven't finished my PT course quite yet. I still need to study for the exam which is booked for September 10th. You had a fun day with your friend. I think it was all that sugar you ate playing with your head :D that is why you didn't read the paper right. Well at least you were early and didn't miss it too funny. Too funny about the wine too you are really getting to like it. Good job on disc 31 chest and back. Look after your shoulder especially if you are lifting heavy.

Pam Intensity is a hard workout and it will never get easy for me either. Glad that you had fun at your concerts you really did go from one extreme to the other. My energy is low because it is so hot out. I really do suffer when it get to be above 78 degrees. I just don't feel that great when it is super hot out.

Julie Nice of you to clean your mom's bathroom for her birthday. When they have everything it is hard to think of what to do for them. Sorry that you are feeling crappy. There are a lot of people here too that are suffering from summer colds. I hope you feel better soon. Good job on chest and biceps and increasing your weights and core max #3. My low energy levels is due to the heat. Heat is not my friend. I don't think I could live back East where it is hot and humid more than it is here.

Well I didn't sleep at all Sunday night. Typical for me and with it being quite hot that made it worse. So needless to say I took Monday off but I managed to get a decent sleep last night and got up and did Cardio and Weights. My bootcamp session was fun. There is so much to think about from the business side of things to how to set up the program. I do have some good news to share though. One of my neighbours told me today that when I get my certification he wants to hire me as his personal trainer :eek:. Now I really need to start thinking about getting a business set up. There is a lot to do but it helps knowing that the company I took the training with will help me through it all. I think the hardest part for me will be to think up a name for my company, that is something that I am not too good at.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Speed walked the beach with Rolly today. Not very long (about 15 min.), that quad is very sore. My fault for not stretching it before and after sprinting. Will remember for the next time.

Eunice, :eek:LOL you are so funny. I feel like sometimes my wagon gets lost! LOL.:confused: Somehow though I find it.:D How was your message, did it do any good on your shoulder? Get better soon. Oh no, hope Stacy gets better soon. Great job on 65 min. of running, hiits, inclines and run again. Good for you! I can't feel anything when I take my top off.:rolleyes:

Pam, We watch Breaking Bad through Netflix. I can't wait to see more of what happens the next season. (I suppose that is the one you are watching! Shhh Don't tell.:) Great job on LBB. Sounds like the rotation you are doing is confusing the body. Way to go! I bet you will see the difference in your body after this rotation big time.

Julie, My parents were the same way. But my Dad now is 88,(Mom is gone as you know) and really has a different way of living now. Mostly sleeping in his chair in front of the TV. I love him so very much from all the times he has helped me try to venture out on my own. And even when I was successfully out of the nest, he was there for me. I love parents like that.:) Great job on hamstrings and glutes. Careful with the sore back. Hope you are feeling better with that sore throat and runny nose.

Cheryl, I am sprinting in the sand. I hope I didn't pull anything too. Still can't stretch it like I use to without a lot of pain. I can walk just fine without it hurting so bad. Strange. I don't dare sprint right now until it heals. Whatever I did to it. Great job on C&W. I'm glad the BC session was fun. How exciting that you are getting interest from a neighbor and that you are thinking about setting up a business already. I'm SSSSOOOOO Proud of YOU. And happy for you too. Yea!

Take care,

Janie

Pam I don't know why? maybe I need to do it one more time:p Probably you will like the movie, they don't have any one of ABBA all new, fresh people. I will enjoy my rabbit food, I really hate salads when is soooo freezing cold, but a girl got to do what it got to do. Maybe I'll do it next, or lets see how many weeks left do you have on this rotation? maybe I'll do the next rotation you do with you, we can sheer one and other up!!! Thanks for Stacy and also for remanded me that I have to give her medicine right now:eek: NOOOOOOO 65 min of HiiT on the treadmill I did a little bit of everything, walk fast to warm up, run till I hit 20 min, then I did 15 HiiT 20/10 then I did 10 min of walking up hill in 13% incline, then more 10 min run then the last 10 min Hiit, then 5 min cool down and yes I was crazy for doing that, my legs are killing me right now.
Good job doing Lower Body Blast! again.:p You are doing awesome maybe you felt like doing the cardio only from 4DS kick box + abs:p

JulieGood job doing hamstrings and glutes also I'm glad that you are feeling better and the cold is just teasing you.:p I hope you didn't get hurt, something really funny, the other day I got up with a sore back, but not from working out it was the mattress, so I told DH tonight I'm sleeping on my belly just to see if I get sore on my chest and abs:p:p I know silly!! Oh she is doing much better today. I should to give them a hint but probably it will work better when the little one grow up a little bit more, Stacy likes to clean and she always help me and always keep her room nice and clean.:D You right about the bench press.

Cheryl OMG, you are going to be a PT certificate soon!!Hahaha I think all that sugar messed with my head too.:p:p I think I am liking the wine a little to much but I like this brand Cumulus Wines or the climbing Merlot, that is my favorite one I didn't get any headache or anything the Sauvignon was good too. Thanks I will take care of my shoulders. Sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep Sunday that sucks, I know last night I woke up at 4am then I couldn't sleep thill 5 or something then it was time to get up:mad::mad: Hooray!!!! You are getting all ready to set up your business! now its for real!!! that is good that the company its going to help you with that, and that you are getting your first costumer, that is awesome.... Well, how do you picture your business? maybe we all can help;) maybe Pam and Julie have a good ideas with names.;) Good job doing cardio and weights.

JanieGood job speed walking with Rolly, sorry about your quad hope you feel better soon. Its true we have to find our wagon and jump right on it. The massage not yet I have to schedule for I don't know some time next week, or maybe I have to wait for DH to finish this course because we both are getting one, or maybe I'll get 2 and he will get only one;)

Oh boy my legs are talking to me today, they are very noisy!! I was thinking that doing legs today wasn't gone happen but then I thought "NO, my friends would NOT skip a WO just because, that is not right" so I did legs I did disc 39 squat legs I couldn't go as heavy as I would I like to, but I think I did pretty good, so good that I do not want to lift me legs to give a step:p afterwards I was cooking dinner and Sam was on my way and I was trying to walk with out crashing with him, I told him to MOVEEEEE away from me or it would not be my fault if I hurt him, wow! those 3 min were not enough let me tell you I wish there was 4 min of rest:D:D
Good news I had for dinner turkey burger with mushrooms as the bread and stemmed zucchini as fries. jajaja!!!
Have a nice day everyone.

Julie I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hate summer colds. great job on hamstrings and glutes. That doesn't sound good that your lower back was sore, I hope it is doing better today.
Oh you are a funny girl, there is no way I could forget about that last set of static lunges in LBB. I'm always so happy when they are over! I am always wondering if Cathe plans the ab work that way for some reason. That was exactly how it was last week and this week. Four ab days last week and only 1 this week. Maybe 2 - I have High Reps tomorrow and I can't remember if it includes abs or not. Wow, it really cooled off for you over the weekend. Our temps were down in the high 80's but we are back in the 90s again.

Cheryl I can understand having low energy when it is really hot. I know even when we are at the lake on really hot days I just feel sluggish. If you don't have air conditioning then it is hard to work out when it is so hot. I crank the temperature on the AC down when I go upstairs to do my workouts!
I'm glad that you got a decent sleep Monday night after your bad night Sunday, great job on C&W, were you singing Buttercup all day? I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your bootcamp session. When I was teaching I loved teaching the Bootcamp classes. Ours were indoors, but they were still a lot of fun. That is great that you already have a client and you haven't even started your business yet. Congratulations! It's nice to know that they place where you are doing your training is going to help you with the business side as I'm sure there is a lot involved in setting up a company.

Janie Great job on your speed walking on the beach with Rolly, what fun. Sorry to hear that your quad is sore though, I hope it is doing better today. We had been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix too, but we have already gone through all of Season 4 and now we are watching season 5 on the On Demand channel. I definitely won't spoil it for you though. I'm not sure I will notice any difference in my body after this rotation, I really don't ever notice a difference :confused:

Eunice Oh I think you definitely need to do it at least one more time. maybe this Friday with me??? I really love salads, that is my normal lunch, a big salad with balsamic vinegar and oil. Yum. Sometimes we just have a big salad for dinner too with grilled chicken and cheese and lots of goodies. Actually that is one of our kids favorite things to have for dinner. we do usually only do that in the summer though. When it's cold it's nice to have warm food. This is my last week of this rotation and I haven't picked out a new one yet. Do you have any ideas? It would be great to do a rotation together! OK, I feel a little better that you didn't do 65 minutes of hiit, you still had quite the workout though so I'm not surprised that your legs are feeling it. Haha you are funny, no I didn't do the 4DS cardio and abs. In fact, I almost forgot to do abs. It was after 10:00 and I was going to go to bed and I remembered, so I went and did the abs from Muscle Endurance right before bed. It was hard doing it then!
Tell those legs to be quiet! I can't believe you did squat rack legs when your legs were so sore. Wow, you go girl! I'm guessing that they are still talking to you, maybe screaming at you to give them a rest! Isn't it funny how animals like to get right in your way? My cats do that to me all the time. Sometimes they end up getting kicked if I don't see them! :confused:
Sounds like you had quite the healthy burger and fries for dinner, great job!

Well 128 jeannie hops later can you tell what my workout was this morning?! And now I'm singing the pina colada song. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

This morning I did some shoulder work and then did the plyo tabata from CrossFire. I am really digging these tabatas because they are short but still get your heart rate up there.

Cheryl That is awesome that you already have your first client! Good luck with coming up with a name. I am not very creative so I probably wouldn’t be much help. I’m feeling better now. I was hoping it wouldn’t last long and I got lucky. Sometimes colds can drag out and stay with you for a long time. Well unless we have a long summer, it should probably start cooling off for you in about a month or so, hopefully. Great job on Cardio & Weights! Did you sing Buttercup the rest of the day?

Janie Have you tried gently massaging your quad? Maybe it is just super tight and needs loosening up a bit. Great job for getting out on the beach and walking a bit with Rolly. Hopefully that helped loosen up the quad too. I think my sore throat and runny nose are pretty much gone and my back issue was from sleeping on it wrong. It is feeling fine today so I am pretty sure that is what it was.

Eunice Great job on doing disc 39 especially with sore legs! I would not have blamed you if you had put off doing legs until tomorrow and did something else yesterday to give your legs a break. Haha! I have thought that too doing squat rack legs that 3 minutes goes by so fast. I think Cathe’s clock is fast in the recovery time for HiiTs and tabatas too. I think my back was sore from sleeping in an odd position. I am usually curled up in an odd formation trying to get some of me on the mattress and avoid the dogs. You know me, can’t move them so I can get good sleep in a decent position!

Pam Do you like pina coladas? Great job n Imax 2 and for doing ME abs last night at 10! Now I am going to be singing the pina colada song and Buttercup all day today. As I was telling the other girls, I think my back was just due to sleeping in an odd position. You know so I don’t disturb the furbabies! It is totally fine today. I’m glad I am not the only one who doesn’t notice any differences in my body after doing a rotation. I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong! I can tell after some rotations if I have gained strength but the mirror always looks the same.

Have a great day!

Joey put a memory card in and I can now show off some of my photos of what I've been doing. Later I will workout and post that as well.

This is the sauerkraut I made. Thought I better post it now or there will be none left. LOL. There is only two quarts left.
403668920.jpg

This is another Zentangle. I like this one and may frame it and hang it in my bedroom.
403668919.jpg

See yas,

Janie

Last edited:
Did disc 26 legs. Whew! I've lost muscle for sure. But, I'll get back there again in a couple more sessions. Still very sore, but was able to get through everything except quad workouts.

Eunice, LOL, you should get two messages and he can get one. Don't wait, it can only help your shoulder, a lot.;) Great job on those squats in disc 39 legs. So glad you didn't miss the workout and you talked yourself into it. LOL I could give a step either. Too funny, my comedian friend. Hmmm your dinner sounds so good. Love those burgers, next time will try your recipe.

Pam, If you don't notice a difference in your workouts, you must be in amazing shape. I still have a long way to go, but that's OK, I'll get there. I love those jeannie hops and the pina colada. Such a great workout, but forgot the name of it.:eek: I see it in my minds eye though. Does that count? LOL:)

Julie, Great job on the morning's shoulder work and then plyo tabata from CF. I am using a roller on my quad, and it feels like I might be healing a bit. I think this will take awhile. Still can't stretch it out like I use to. I'm glad you are feeling better with the runny nose and sore back.

Take care ladies,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.