Strength in Numbers

For taking a long 5 day weekend, it sure felt like it went by fast. Every day was pretty much packed with me trying to get things done like normal cleaning plus extra cleaning, meal prepping, running errands, outside chores. I did get some workouts in. I did two UP days, 1 for deadlift and 1 for squats and I did a Peloton ride again. I did my UP Squat day on Sunday and my legs are still so sore. Probably didn’t help that Monday was a lazy day and I did nothing. And this morning I forgot to turn my alarm back on so I overslept. Good thing the dogs woke me up to be fed.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise and PLB plus core 1! So glad that the spay and neuter surgeries went well.

Cheryl Great job on FS Boxing BC and Legs and Glutes! I had to look up degus. They are adorable looking. Great job on TC! What a bummer that people will drop off dragon boating because the regattas are over.

Have a great day!

Cheryl A degus doesn't sound like the kind of pet that I would like. There is definitely a risk of Foxxy being a foster fail, but hopefully not! Great job on TC, housework and errands. That is too bad that people aren't showing up for dragon boating now that the regattas are over. :(

Julie Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Great job on Your UP workouts and peloton. I hope that your legs are feeling better soon!

Friday morning my GF and I did a 24 mile bike ride, Saturday I did Step Blast before my mil and her husband showed up for the weekend. There was a 60th birthday party for my sil and big on Saturday night that they were here for. On Sunday we had everyone over for a pool party and they left yesterday morning. After they left I did Imax 3 and this morning was shred cardio and Icy core 2. Have a great day.

Pam

This morning was FS boxing boot camp and legs and glutes. I have my big bike rides this weekend so decided that I should do legs today and then let them rest until Saturday. I forgot that I did abs yesterday so I also did the FS bonus abs, so I guess it was a double bonus! Have a great day.

Pam

Julie You did have a busy weekend. Great job on UP and your Peloton ride. Good thing you had built in alarm clocks with your dogs so you didn't sleep in too long.

Pam Good job on your 24 mile bike ride and Step Blast. You had a busy weekend too with your 60th birthday and pool party. Great work on FS Boxing Boot Camp and Legs and Glutes. Good idea to do legs now and let them rest before the weekend.

So Friday I was pretty tired so I didn't workout but we went to my mom's place and did some yard work for her. Saturday I did RWH Hiit 1 and then we went back out to my mom's to finish planning my dad's celebration of life which will be this Saturday. Sunday I did yoga relax, I can't remember what I did Monday but it was some sort of workout :p, Tuesday I went to Twist and then got all the housework done. Today was ICE Upper Body then I went to the SPCA. There was one cat there that was a bit shy but she really warmed up to me and I had her in my lap for about 45 minutes purring and wanting to be petted. She wasn't too happy when I had to get up to go because my shift was over. Then I got the laundry done and then did some errands.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I did not mean to be MIA yesterday. Work got a little out of control with meetings and I didn’t get a chance to post. I did do UP Bench Press yesterday and this morning I did yoga.

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride and Step Blast! How fun to have a dual birthday party. The pool party sounds nice. I wish we had a pool with the hot weather we have been having. Great job on Imax 3 and SC plus Icy Core 2 and FS Boxing & Legs/Glutes! That is a good idea to let your legs rest until the big bike ride. My legs took about two days before I stopped failing the toilet and stair test. Haha! Great job on the double bonus abs!

Cheryl Great job on RWH HiiT 1, YR, Monday’s mystery workout, TC, and ICE UB! That sounds like a purrfect afternoon with the shy cat at the SPCA! I think she was trying to tell you to take her with you.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RWH, your mystery workout on Monday, Twist, and ICE upper body. Doesn't it feel like such an accomplishment when a shy cat warms up like that? My Sophia and Audrey were so shy when I got them and were lap cats when they got adopted. I'm still trying to get Sgt Pepper to come around, he is being a tough one.

Julie Sorry to hear that work got out of control yesterday, I hope today is better. Great job on UP Bench press and yoga.

This morning was FS Mixed impact cardio and pull day. The biceps in that one just kill me. I had to stop a couple of reps short on the last set of biceps curls. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on UP Bench Press and yoga. Don't worry sometimes days get away from you. I hope today will be better. It was so attempting to adopt her but she probably wouldn't get along with out cat.

Pam It did feel good when she just wanted to snuggle up with me. I hope Sgt Pepper comes around soon for you. Great job on FS Mixed Impact Cardio. Don't worry about stopping early on the biceps, I seem to remember them being hard.

This morning I went to Twist and had a great workout. Then we went to my mom's and did some yard work for her.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Ride! It has been a rainy last couple of days and I think it is supposed to rain the rest of the weekend too. At least it is helping us cool down from the 90+ degree heat we were having.

Pam Great job on FS MIC & Pull Day! Cathe has crazy bicep strength and endurance. So hard to even try to keep up with her.

Cheryl Great job on TC! Oh what a bummer she wouldn’t get along with your current cat.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on Ride. I hope you had a cooler weekend.

Friday I didn't have time for a workout. We went to the cemetery in the morning to bury my dad's ashes and then went to look at the venue for his celebration of life that was on Saturday. It was a long and emotionally draining day but it is now behind us and we can start to move on. Sunday I volunteered for the local SPCA Paws for a Cause walk that raises money for the SPCA. I helped out with the obstacle course which was fun. We had the dogs weave around cones and then jump through a hoop for some treats. It was a really rainy day here too which made the walk a little cold and wet.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Another weekend that flew by. Saturday I did UP Deadlift day and then chores around the house. That evening, DH and I went to my parents for a family get together. We didn’t stay too late since DH had been up since 3:30 because he had to work. Nonetheless, I could have slept in much longer than I did Sunday which was my rest/lazy day. This morning I really wanted to snuggle in bed with Layla but I got up and did UP Squat day. Starting week 5 of Unapologetically Powerful.

Cheryl You have such a great attitude with moving forward now that you have buried your dad’s ashes. I hope it was nice weather that day for you and I am glad that you were all able to get together to do that. How fun to do an obstacle course with the dogs. I bet they had a blast too. The cold and wet would have made me want to walk faster.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on TC and your moms yard work.

Julie Great job on Ride. I think we are supposed to start cooling down too, but unfortunately it may be hurricane Florence that causes it :rolleyes:.

Cheryl That is just draining having a day like that, but nice that you were able to get together and celebrate his life. The SPCA walk sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to destress after your day on Saturday. Bummer that it was so rainy for it though.

Julie Great job on UP deadlift day and squat day. Sorry that the weekend flew by so fast.

I took Friday as a rest day since we had our two big rides over the weekend. We left Friday about 2 and were in New Bern by 4:30. We got checked in for the race, stored our bikes and and a nice dinner. The ride started at 8 on Saturday morning, but there were so many people that they started off groups of 200 at a time. I think we ended up starting around 8:20 and we were finished by 12:30. It was a little over 47 miles on Saturday and almost 53 on Sunday. Surprisingly Sunday seemed easier than Saturday, but I think that was because there were more rest stops. They had 3 on Saturday and 5 on Friday. They also served us lunch both days and dinner on Saturday night. We were back at our hotel by about 8 on Saturday and wanted to go to bed, but made ourselves stay up until 10 so that we wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night. It was really fun and I will definitely do it again. We are even thinking we might do the 75 mile route on the first day next time :eek:. This morning I did RUUP + bonus abs. That was a nice change after all the riding. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on UP Deadlift day and your chores. I bet your DH was tired after being up since 3:30. Good work on UP Squat Day. I would have wanted to snuggle with Layla too instead of having to get up.

Pam Your ride sounds like it was a lot of fun. 75 miles is a long way but you have a year to train for it :D. Good work on RUUB and bonus abs.

This morning I did Cardio Supersets and then got some cleaning done. I haven't had much of a chance to clean the last couple of weeks and it shows :eek:.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did All Out Low Impact HiiT. The way the dogs slept last night made me sleep in weird positions and my back is really tight this morning.

Pam That was a good idea to take Friday as your rest day before your big weekend! Those were quite some rides and it sounds like you had an awesome time. Is it an annual event? Great job on RUUP plus bonus abs! I am sure your legs were thankful you didn’t work them again.

Cheryl Great job on CSS! I always wonder how my house can get so dirty in such a short amount of time with just two of us. Of course the dogs don’t help with cleaning and just add to the dust and hair all about. Most days it is really a struggle to get myself out of bed instead of snuggling with the dogs. If only I could get fit by sleeping in.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on CSS and cleaning. That cleaning just never goes away, does it?!

Julie Great job on AOLIH. Don't you love how we all go out of our way not to disturb our animals only to ruin our own sleep? :)

This morning was intensity. That last round of plie jacks just never gets any easier! I'm trying to decide if I should be doing something to get ready for this hurricane. It might still be a cat 1 when it gets to us and people are freaking out. Gas stations are out of gas, stores are out of water, propane, batteries, etc. We are supposed to leave for Moab on Saturday, so just hoping it doesn't impact our flight. I think my SIL is going to come here from the beach. She is there visiting her daughter and they are supposed to take a direct hit as a strong cat 4. Her daughter can't evacuate because she is a nurse and has to be at the hospital. She apparently isn't nervous about it, but it will be her first hurricane so I'm not sure she realizes. Hopefully she will be safe at the hospital though. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on AOLIH. Funny how we always let our fur babies take over the bed instead of us. Tango doesn't help with keeping things clean either. He always likes to leave his fur everywhere.

Pam Good work on Intensity. I agree that last round of plie jacks never gets easier. I hope that you can still leave for Moab on Saturday and that the hurricane doesn't cancel your plans. I hope that your niece will be safe at the hospital.

This morning I went to Twist. Later I took DH to his dermatologist appointment. My uncle had a cold when he was here this past weekend and of course DH had to get it. He is not a happy camper right now. In the afternoon I got some running around done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did yoga. My back was still sore all yesterday into this morning but I think yoga helped stretch it out some.

Pam Great job on Intensity! That last round is very, very tough in a very tough workout. Stay safe! Hopefully the hospital is built to withstand this type of storm.

Cheryl Great job on TC! I hope you stay clear of the cold from your DH and he gets better quick.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on TC. I hope that your DH is easier to deal with when he has a cold than mine is :rolleyes: and that he gets over it quickly.

Julie Great job on yoga. Hopefully it will be just want your back needed. Apparently the hospital is built to withstand a cat 3 storm, but this one is still supposed to hit as a 4, so they may end up evacuating the hospital. I'm sure that would be no easy task.

This morning I did Butts and Guts. The latest hurricane track has it going farther south and having much less impact on us here, so I'm thinking we should be good for our trip on Saturday. People are really freaking out though. There was no gas to be found anywhere yesterday and the few stations that had gas had lines that were half a mile long! We were glad we had both filled up at the beginning of the week. We got a call from Carl on his way home from work last night though saying he was stuck with no gas and none to be found anywhere, so DH ended up siphoning some out of one of our cars and taking it to him. I don't know what it is about this area, but this happens whenever there is supposed to be a big storm. It's crazy. Ah well. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on yoga. I hope it helped your sore back.

Pam My DH mainly mops around and sleeps a lot when he has a cold. Great work on Butts and Guts. I hope you don't get hard with the hurricane and that it will track further south. Whenever there is a storm or anything major that is going to happen people panic. Good thing that you filled your tank up before everyone went crazy.

This morning I did Lean Legs and Abs. Then I went to the SPCA. We had guinea pigs this time so I got to look after them along with the rats and degus.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning my back was feeling better so I was able to do UP Bench Press day. I am taking tomorrow off work. So excited to maybe get a chance to relax in some nicer weather.

Pam Great job on B&G! That is such a butt burner! I’m glad the storm track is heading south so you shouldn’t have much of an impact. I’ll be thinking of all of you along the coast that might be impacted. Whenever we have a forecast for a huge snow storm, the same thing happens to us but not with gas more with bread and milk. It is like people think they will run out of food at home if everything shuts down for a few days.

Cheryl Great job on LLA! Oh guinea pigs are so adorable. One of my coworkers has one named Potato.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on LLA and your day at the SPCA. It must be fun going in and seeing what animals are there each time.

Julie I'm glad that your back was feeling better. Great job on UP BP. Enjoy your day off!

This morning I did Tracy Staehle High Intensity Step mix 2. It's got a similar format to the Imax workouts, but the blasts don't seem as intense. It was a good change of pace though. Now Florence is down to a category 2, but our coastline is still expected to get hammered. We're now outside of the one of uncertainty, which means our impact should be quite a bit less than they expected. We will still get some wind, but not hurricane force, and they aren't expecting the heavy flooding now. Our Saturday morning flight was canceled though :(. We rebooked to a later flight, so we'll wait to see if that one gets canceled too. Fingers crossed! Have a great day.

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.