Strength in Numbers

Julie Glad that your back is feeling better. Great job on UP Bench Press. Enjoy your long weekend. Awww I love the name Potato.

Pam I never know what animals we will have each week. It makes it interesting. Good work on Tracy Staehle High Intensity Step Mix 2. Glad t hear that Florence is now a cat 2 and that you should be fine. Bummer that your flight was cancelled. Hopefully you can get out later in the day.

This morning I went to Twist. It was a good workout even the suicides that they had us do at the end of the workout. After that I got all the laundry and housework done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Twist. Suicides at the end of the workout sounds cruel! Great job getting the laundry and housework done too.

This morning I did Cardio Kicks, so of course was thinking of Julie. The town that we did our bike ride in last weekend is completely under water because of the storm! It is looking better and better for us, but there are starting to be reports of power outages. So far our new flight tomorrow is not cancelled, but some of the airlines just cancelled all of their flights for today. Still hopeful! Have a greet day!

Pam

Pam Great job on Cardio Kicks. I was watching the news and the towns by the ocean are under water. I am glad that things are not that bad for you. Hopefully your flight won't be cancelled and you will still be able to fly out tomorrow.

This morning I did AOLIH. Then I had a doctors appointment for my pap. Glad that is done hopefully for another 3 years. After that it was a lazy day.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

My three day weekend seemed to fly by. Friday I did a Peloton ride and then chores and errands. Saturday I did UP Deadlift day and more chores. Sunday was my rest day and this morning I did UP Squat day. I am in week 6 of Unapologetically Powerful.

Pam Great job on TS HIS Mix 2 and Cardio Kicks! Hmm I have not done CK is so long and now I am wanting to do it! I hope everything is ok where you are at. From news reports it sounds like there is a lot of flooding and power outages.

Cheryl Great job on TC! Suicides are tough but being at the end might make them doable knowing you are almost done. Great job on AOLIH! Good thing to have that appointment done with for another 3 years.

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on your Peloton ride, UP Deadlift and Squat days and all of your chores. With all of that I bet your 3 day weekend went by fast.

Saturday I did the cardio only of FS Boxing Bootcamp and then we went to my mom's to go through some of my dad's things. Sunday I did yoga and then had a pretty lazy rest of the day. Today I did FS Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day. In the afternoon I went out to get some yard work done since it finally stopped raining.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Cardio Kicks! I really like how this one builds starting out low intensity and then getting higher. Plus the two guys are awesome in it!

Cheryl Great job on FS Boxing Bootcamp! How's are you and your mom doing? Great job on yoga and your lazy day! I love my lazy day. Great job on FS MIC and Pull Day! You must have been having quite a bit of rainy days.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Cardio Kicks. Pam reminded you of that one didn't she :D. We are dong fine, that you for asking. Though special occasions like Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays will be hard for a while. We did get a lot of rain and it looks like it will be back tomorrow night for a while again. It is making up for the hot dry summer that we had.

This morning I went to Twist. Today we did assisted pull ups, those never get any easier. We were to do 10 - 12 of them but by the end of my 3rd round I only could manage 8. Since it was so nice out and the last nice day for a while I went for a walk in the afternoon. It has been a long time since I have done that. You can tell that school is back in, we had some girls come to the door selling raffle tickets for their soccer team and then a little while later the girl guides came around selling cookies. The cookies made DH very happy.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I did yoga this morning and it felt good! I can’t believe I have stuck with doing yoga once a week for this long. There have been a few weeks I missed and sometimes I would rather sleep in then get up but I always tell myself how much I need it. I have no idea what finally switched in my brain.

Cheryl Yes I did Cardio Kicks because of Pam mentioning it. I was going to do Low Impact Sweat but then saw her post. Special occasions will be tough but it sounds like you have a great family support system to get through it. Great job on Twist and your assisted pull-ups! Those are tough and sometimes I think I will never be able to get to a smaller band size. Mmmm! Cookies!

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on yoga. Sometimes I think it just takes several times of doing something and feeling good afterwards to make you stick to it. I really like yoga and I probably should be doing it more than just once a week because I am really stiff.

This morning I did FS Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes. After that I went to the SPCA. We only had one cat because the others had been adopted out but we still had two rats, two rabbits, two guinea pigs and two dagus. Plus we had to get some cages ready because there was going to be a transfer to our branch today. After that I got the grocery shopping done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did UP Bench Press day. It's supposed to get really hot today. Possible heat index of 102! I guess we are technically still in Summer for the next few days.

Cheryl Great job on FS Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes! Hopefully the new cages won't be occupied too long and the new fellas find a home quickly.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on UP Bench Press day. Wow that is really hot, try to stay cool.

This morning I went to Twist. Then I got some cleaning done. In the afternoon I walked our neighbours dog. We don't have any nice weather here right now so we went for a nice long walk in the pouring rain. It is suppose to be nice again by Sunday but it will only get up to the low 70s which is a comfortable temperature for me.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Pedal Power scrambled. I love the scrambled version of this. I don’t think I can do it the normal way anymore. So happy it is Friday. It has been a long week.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! Bummer about the rain but if you went for a long walk the dog must not have minded the rain. Mine are babies and don't like getting wet. I have to shove them out the door to go potty when it is raining. Hope the weather gets nicer for you as they say. I like upper 70s/low 80s but low 70s is good too.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Pedal Power scrambled. No he didn't want to go out in the rain. He wasn't too happy with me for taking him for a long walk. When we turned around to come home I could barely keep up with him he was pulling so hard.

Friday I did PRS #1 and then got some housework done. In the afternoon we cleaned out our clothes closet and drawers. Saturday morning I didn't get a chance to workout as I had an early hair appointment. In the afternoon we did some more purging. It felt so good to get rid of a lot of stuff that we don't use. Today I did yoga and then went to the farmer's market to pick up a few things and then got some meal prepping done.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday I did UP Deadlift day finishing out week 6. It was tough getting through that workout because I was so tired. DH and I woke up at 4:45 to a surprise of water all over the floor. It had leaked out the overflow tube of our water softener which had slipped out of the drain. It got under our bed soaking into some canvas storage bags we had under there storing our seasonal clothes. What a mess to clean up. I ended up having to wash all the clothes from under the bed so that added about 4 extra loads of laundry to my weekend. After all that, we went to the hospital to visit DH's grandma. She was in a car accident earlier in the week and broke her neck. She is in pretty bad shape and is intubated and on a feeding tube. It is so sad to see how devasted her husband of nearly 70 years is. Sunday was my pseudo-rest/lazy day. I had plenty of laundry to do plus some stuff I didn't get done from Saturday. I decided since I have been doing this UP program for 6 weeks to take a rest week. Starting off by sleeping in this morning. I don't intend to do that everyday but after the weekend we had I felt like I needed the sleep.

Cheryl That is too cute that he was pulling you to run home in the rain. Great job on PRS #1! That is always a great feeling to clean some things out. We ended up getting rid of some clothes as we went through what was stored under the bed that got wet. Great job on yoga!

Have a great day!

We got out last Saturday at noon with no problem. We were expecting a bumpy talk off because of the wind, but it wasn't too bad. Our landing in Salt Lake City was a lot worse because it was a lot windier there. The road we were supposed to take was closed because of fires, so it took us over 5 1/2 hours to get to Maob from the airport, but we finally got there around 1 am. We had a really good week, but it was really hot there. In the mid 90s most days. My DH got heat exhaustion about 5 miles into our 8 mile hike on Monday. That was so scary because it was a really remote hike and we had no cell phone service. I thought we might end up having to spend the night there, but we did finally make it back to the car around 6 pm. We had plenty of water but next time will take salt tablets. It was just unbelievably beautiful there and luckily the rest of the hikes were fine. You guys have been doing great with your workouts. I'm glad to have inspired you to do Cardio Kicks Julie. That was a terrible surprise to wake up to the water all over your floor. Definitely not the way you want your week to be starting. So sad about your DHs grandmother and his poor grandfather :( that doesn't sound good at all.

This morning I did Body Max step and power circuits and the abs from ME. I should have done some upper body but decided I will wait until tomorrow for that. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Wow water under the bed would have been an awful thing to wake up to. I bet you were tired doing your workout. That was a lot of laundry to do as well. So sorry to hear about DH's grandma. It would be hard to see her like that in the hospital. After your weekend you deserved a sleep in day.

Pam Scary about your DH's heat exhaustion. Glad that everything turned out OK. You guys did a lot of hiking from your FB posts. Good job on Body Max Step and Power Circuits and the abs from ME.

This morning I did FT Bootcamp. In the afternoon I went outside and started putting some of the patio furniture away and got rid of some more of the hanging baskets and raked up some leaves.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did a light weight workout of my own. I read that when you do heavy workouts, your deload week should be similar but with half the weight so that is what I did. It actually felt nice and I didn't feel over worked by the end.

Pam Great job on BM step and power circuits plus ME abs! I am so glad you got out there and back safely especially with the winds and having to reroute your initial drive out there. Your pictures on FB were beautiful. You guys are animals with how much hiking you did. I am glad DH was able to overcome the heat exhaustion. That would be very scary being that far out with no way to get help.

Cheryl Great job on FT Bootcamp! Sounds like you are in a deep cleaning mode around the house. I really need to get into one of those.

Have a great day!

Julie Good job on your light weight workout. Lifting half you weight for you deload week makes sense.

This morning I went to Twist. It is still dark out in the mornings now and it was also a bit foggy. In the afternoon I went out for a walk, the weather has been really nice lately.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

So this morning I did FT Legs, Glutes and Core. Then I went to the SPCA. We have a tiny hamster there and we had to clean out her cage. So we put her in a ball so she could roll all over the floor while her cage was cleaned. She sure could move in that thing, she was all over the place it was fun to watch.

Cheryl

So yesterday I was a slug and slept in with the dogs again. Work was crazy the last three days so I didn't get a chance to post either. This morning I did Yoga Relax. It went by so fast and of course showed me how inflexible I am. I am taking tomorrow off work so I will post again on Monday.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! I hate that it is dark in the morning. Great job on FT LGC! I almost did that one this morning but then decided to do YR instead. How adorable to watch the hamster roll the ball around on the floor! I bet you find it so much fun to be with the little critters and kitties in there.

Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.