Strength in Numbers

Yesterday was a full fun day. Finished with a portrait zentangle of my niece. The name of this zentanlge is "Jessica". She truly is an inspiration to me. Our internet was on the blink last night and was not able to post.
404368087.jpg

Today will be a lot of lower body work, will post when I'm done.

Cheryl, Aw it's so good to hear from you always. So sorry about that cold. They are so horrid. Reminds me of getting a flu shot ASAP! I do see the snow on mountains, guess Winter is upon us.

Penquin, So glad you came back to us. Wouldn't be the same without you. I just started into exercise again too. But can only do lower body because now I have Tennis Elbow. Yuck. It's always nice to spend time with hubby's. Also so glad you guys figured out how to give April her pill. LOL Great job on KCM's Body Training. Enjoy UB today.

Pam, Great job on CF +abs prem. And you did all of the first straddle pushups without modifying. Good for you! I'm proud of you too. Yea! Even the second set is impressive.

Julie, Great job on eeking your way and doing disc 15, back and biceps. You should be proud of yourself getting out of that warm bed. Cngrats on your DOM's from disc 14. LOL Sneaks up on you don't they?

Take care ladies,

Janie

Last edited:
Penguin Don't worry about being MIA it happens when we get busy. I have been MIA quite a bit lately :eek:. So nice of hubby to surprise you with a 3 day weekend. Good job on your lower body training workout.

Pam The evenings are so short, I wish I had the energy to get it done in the mornings that would give me an extra hour in the evenings. Don't you wish that you had a maid who would make a great dinner for you and then do the clean up after too :D. I am not ready for snow yet either but if it just stays on the mountains I am just fine with that. Way to go on the Crossfire + abs premix. Good for you in doing the first set of straddle push ups without modifying.

Julie Good for you in dragging yourself out of bed and doing disk 15. I am with you in hoping for less push ups in X-Train. I think that is what keeps me from wanting to do Meso 1.

Janie I love your zentangle of your niece. I am fine as long as the snow stays on the mountains.

I took today as my day off. We had to get groceries after work so by the time we got home ate and did the dishes it was too late to get a workout in.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

I didn't do my workout but I did finish two projects; a prayer shawl and the green sweater for my Mom. So now that they are finshed, I can start somthing else, lol.

Janie, great job on Jessica. Sorry to hear about your elbow. I hope its not too serious.

Julie, lol on the stink eye. April just goes and hides. I really enjoy KCM's Plyo workout.

Pam, we didn't do much during the weekend but it was nice to spend time together without an 'agenda'.

Julie Good for you for dragging yourself up and doing disc 15 when you just wanted to stay in bed. Haha, I'm glad you don't have to worry anymore about disc 14 DOMS. :D Congratulations! That is so funny about you wimpering in the bathroom at work! I have sometimes heard people talking on their cell phone in the stall but have never heard wimpering. If I do, I will know they had a tough leg and glute workout! Oh I know you aren't trying to make me feel guilty with your yoga and stretching, but every time I read that I think I should be doing the same. Of course, it hasn't motivated me to actually DO it yet! :rolleyes: Somehow I forgot to do those Jeannie hops yesterday ;):p

Janie Wow, your zentangle is absolutely amazing, you are quite the artist! I bet your niece is SO touched. I'm not sure I'll EVER be able to do 2 sets of 16 of those straddle push ups. Man, they are HARD!

Cheryl Oh wouldn't that be wonderful to come home to a nice dinner that has been made for you? Oh wait, that is what my DH and kids get almost every night!! I guess I am the maid here!

Penguin Wow, great job on finishing your 2 projects. You sound like me, as soon as one project is finished it's wondering what the next one will be! I love having a weekend without and agenda, that is a real treat so I'm glad that you got to enjoy it.

This morning for me was MIS, another oldie but goodie. I Like all of the little stretch breaks that Cathe put in, she doesn't do that with the newer ones! I was feeling pretty fried by the end though. I had to cut it short and didn't do the abs because I had a dentist appt, so need to do some abs tonight (hopefully I will remember). I don't think I'll do the MIS abs though, as I remember it's just a whole bunch of crunches. I just realized that my triceps are already sore, so I may have some killer DOMS tomorrow......Have a great day ladies!

Pam

This morning my poor legs were still so sore as was my booty. I think my body forgot just how much those discs can hurt so good. Anyway, I did the To The Max premix without the compound legs. I kept my step height at 2 risers for the 30/20 hit portion because I just don’t like doing the power turn squats on 3 risers and by the time we get to the plyo jumps, I’m pretty tired and can barely jump up the two let alone three.

Janie Wow! You are so talented. Granted I don’t know what your niece looks like but that is an amazing drawing nonetheless. Have you had training in art or is just au natural?

Cheryl Yep it is the pushups that ruin Meso 1 for me too. I like the meso 1 legs and even don’t mind the other upper body workout but all those pushups just make me dread those 4 weeks. I know I could substitute chest presses or something for them but then I feel like I am cheating.

Penguin That’s great that you got some projects done. That always feels good. And, as you pointed out then it opens you up to the next project. Do you have any ideas for what’s next?

Pam Great job on MIS! I do like the stretches she puts in there and the breaks in between the body parts where she gives form pointers is nice to be able to put away/get out equipment. I don’t remember the abs in MIS but I do remember most of Cathe’s early ab work was pretty basic. Today’s whimpering is not quite as loud but the DOMS are still aching. Hopefully they go away magically over night because I wanted to another leg workout tomorrow.

Have a great day!

We don't allow April on the furniture but know she gets up on the couch after we leave. So when my parents came to pick me up today we sat around for a few minutes to chat, then got up to leave, as we were getting my stuff together April jumped up on the leather loveseat right in front of us! I couldn't believe her but took the opportunity to 'correct' her {I yelled at her until she got down and I called her a 'BAD DOG! Something we reserve only for things she knows better but does anyway!} She looked surprised but got down from the couch. I made it out of the house before I burst out laughing. The little stinker! This was after she stuck her head in the kitchen trash this morning after I had thrown something into it. I don't know what's gotten into her, but she's pushing all the bounderies today.

Julie, this afternoon I started a shawlette for me in a varigated aqua yarn. The pattern is designed to be worn just over the shoulders or backwards {point front, ends hanging to either side} as more of a scarf or cowl. I've never made a 'shawlette' before just full size shawls for keeping warm, this is more of a fashion thing. I have a HUGE queue/list of things online that I want to make 'next' so I just have to decide on something.

Well, I tweaked the Jessica zentangle so much that I ruined it.:( I've started another one and I must say, from what I learned on the first one, this is a keeper. I'll show it once it's done.

Cheryl, I'm glad you had a rest day today, and hope you enjoyed it. Tomorrow is another day.

Penquin, Oh I think projects are just as important as workouts. LOL I've heard of a prayer shawl before. Something to keep you warm in the Winter while praying. I love that. I bet your Mom will enjoy that green sweater. Will it be for Christmas? Pictures pleas? I always love the next project to come.;)

Pam, Great job on MIS. Don't you wish there were more hours in the day sometimes to get things done?

Julie, Great job on TTM prem. without the compound legs. Aw 2 risers for 30/20 hit portion is not easy. Good for you! I took a correspondence course in art a long time ago and kept it up. I'm glad I did, I do enjoy it very much.

Penquin, After the correction you gave April, she most likely will remember it and not go on the furniture. They are just like kids, and try to get a little more of anything. LOL

Take care ladies,

Janie

Julie Oh so sorry about your poor legs, I hope that they were feeling better this morning and you were able to get your leg workout in that you wanted. Great job doing the TTM premix when your poor legs were still so sore, that one is not easy on the legs, even without the compound leg work!
Hopefully there will be no whimpering today! :D

Penguin I loved your story about April. When we had a dog (Shamrock) he was not allowed on the furniture either, but he always gave himself away. We'd come in and he'd be in the corner cowering and giving us a guilty look. Then we'd feel the couch and it would be warm. When he got older and started getting hard of hearing we'd walk in and find him asleep on the couch. At first he would get all startled and jump down and cower when we got home, but after awhile he'd just lift his head and look at us and not bother to get down :rolleyes: I can't wait to see a picture of your shawlette when it is done. Maybe you will model it for us and we will get to see you too! :D

Janie Oh no, sorry to hear about your Jessica zentangle, but it sounds like the new one is going to be better yet so I can't wait to see it!
I am always wishing for more hours in the day!

This morning was another oldie, Maximum intensity cardio. It was fun for a change, but not one that I want to do very often. I used to think that high impact stuff was a piece of cake when I was doing it all the time, but wow, I was huffing and puffing! I took today off work because I am doing a birthday dinner for my girlfriend tonight. I already made the soup and the pasta sauce and today and I am making homemade pasta, stuffed artichokes and tomato bruschetta. My other girlfriend is making the cake. Pound cake which is my absolute favorite. I can usually resist cake, but not pound cake! Good thing I had that big workout this morning. Have a great day ladies!

Pam

My legs were still a little sore this morning but not so bad I couldn’t work them again. I did traditional deadlifts, squats, stiff-legged deadlifts, front squats, and lunges to my own music. I could tell by my last set that my hamstrings were done for. We’ll see how I well I can get out of bed and move around tomorrow.

Penguin Aw! April was just having an off-day I’m sure! It is so hard to correct them too when they give you that look like “What did I do?” The shawlette sound pretty. Blue is my favorite color. Well if you have that many things in your project list, I guess you will be kept busy all winter and then some!

Janie Can’t wait to see the new and improved zentangle. Have you shown your niece yet? I bet she was thrilled you chose her as your muse. I bet you would be great even without that class but I am sure you learned some pointers. You should definitely keep drawing/doodling. You have a talent for it.

Pam Great job on MIC! Wow that one is a breath taker for me! I am always huffing and puffing. I kind of wish the step segment for that one was first because when it gets to that part I’m beat and afraid I will trip over my step. This morning my inner thighs were hurting which was new and I couldn’t figure out why, and then I remember plié jacks with the firewalker bands in the HiiT portion of TTM! Your dinner sounds fabulous. You are so sweet to your friends to do all of that. Enjoy the food and the pound cake you worked hard for it!

Have a great day!

I woke up chilly {its 48* and raining outside}, with a headache, and its TOM. April fought me with each pill; and that was the first 30min! I hope the rest of the day goes smoother. I think this is a sinus headache rather than a migraine and I already feel better just from getting up {that happens sometimes}. I don't have much planned for today, so I'll see how I feel later, maybe some light cardio or CS to get the blood flowing later, April's Spa Day and a lot of knitting. I started ran out of yarn before my shwal was big enough so I'll go buy more this evening.

Mom in sweater Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Ice Green

Pam, dogs are funny. Some days we get home and April won't greet us at the door, or is acting funny, and we know she didn't something she wasn't supposed to while we were gone. We check for warm spots on the couch too. I was home alone once and couldn't find April, I walked all over the house, looked outside, got worred, then found her alseep on the couch! I guess she had forgotten I was home and I didn't think to look for her there because she isn't supposed to be up there. There's an album of me on my profile page.

Janie, prayer shawls are something I make and give to someone who is going through something like cancer or has lost a spouse {differnt people have different reasons}, I pray while I knit them, then give them to the person, so they know someone is praying for them. Some are simple shawlettes or big enough to wrap up in.

Last edited:
Finished with the second zentangle:
404397010.jpg

Pam, Great job on MIC. My very first VHS from Cathe, that's how I have so many now!:confused: LOL Great job on today's rest day and man o man you are busy with cooking again. Enjoy the pound cake.

Julie, Great job on legs again? You are a gluten for punishment. LOL Just kidding. You did really well and very proud of you. When you get up in the morning, move very slowly. Thank you for the support on my art work. She (my niece) knows of the first one but doesn't know I ruined it or that I made another. I just put it up on FB. Can't wait for her to see it.

Penquin, Oh no, headaches are not fun. Glad you are feeling better. I do love the sweater you made your Mom. Very nicely done. I've never made a sweater in my life. Don't know if I can. Thank you for the description of "Prayer Shawls" I learn something new everyday. So sweet.

Will come back later tonight after my exercises.

Janie

Pam Yes is would be wonderful to come home to a nice dinner that has already been made. But like you I am the maid too :confused:. Good job on MIS. I think that MIS is a lot of crunches, ab work has come a long way since then. MIS and MIC were my first Cathe purchases back in about 98. High impact isn't so easy anymore is it. I remember that it was easy back then, I don't think my knees or back could take it now. Enjoy your birthday dinner tonight.

Julie Good for you for doing TTM without the leg work. Do you not like your legs!!!! You are sure punishing them this week :D. So how are your legs doing today?

Janie Your Jessica zentangle is awesome. You must have an artistic side to you to be able to do something like that. I know I couldn't do anything close to that.

Yesterday was STS disc 17 legs. I love the tri sets. Today I was going to workout after work but the cats decided to puke on the bed so I was busy washing quilts and blankets instead :mad:.

Cheryl

This morning I did the Cardio Supersets + Step premix. Next it is on to chores and errands. Ah, the good life! Anyone else wish they had a maid? Sometimes I wonder why I didn't have kids to help with the cleaning. I think that statement there sums up why I didn't have kids if that is why I would have wanted them! :eek:

Penguin Your store about looking all over for April reminded me of when we couldn’t find our first dog Oscar. I came home from work and couldn’t find him but figured DH had taken him on a car ride. So I went about doing some things around the house, then an hour later DH came home with no Oscar. We looked all over the house for about 15 minutes before I remembered Oscar liked to crawl under our bed (he was 90 pounds and all legs at the time). Well that is exactly what he did and he got stuck there and couldn’t get out. Sad thing is he did it again the next day before he realized he was too big for that anymore.

Janie Another wonderful zentangle! Very beautiful! My legs actually felt very good this morning. I think doing that second leg day worked out the remaining DOMS. Weird!

Cheryl Great job on disc 17! Meso 2 legs just goes by so fast with the trisets. Oh man, that does not sound like a nice way to come home from work. If you try shutting your bedroom door when you leave, would your cats be mad? We have to shut the door to our kitchen or else we find things missing off the counter and table. I was telling Janie that surprisingly my legs are feeling pretty good today. Maybe the second day worked out the kinks?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Julie Good job on cardio supersets + Step premix. I wish I had a maid everyday. I should check my lottery ticket to see if I am a multi-millionaire after last nights draw :D. Nope it wasn't a great way to come home. The cats would be very very angry if we shut the door on them. They like to look out the bedroom window because it is on the second floor. It gives them a good view of everything that is happening outside. Animals can just get into everything can't they. Glad that your legs are feeling better.

This morning I did STS disc 16 chest, shoulders and triceps. I can tell it has been a while since I have concentrated on weight training. I am feeling pretty weak. After that we did a lot of running around so I didn't get any housework or laundry done today. I may not go to yoga tomorrow and just do it at home so I can get some stuff done.

Cheryl

I cleaned house yesterday and worked on a shawl, then made pizza for dinner. When I type it out it doesn't sound like much.

Julie, Poor Oscar! I'm glad he learned his lesson.

Julie great job working your legs on Friday, I'm glad that you were able to do it. How were they feeling on saturday? I agree that it would be nice to have the step segment first in MIC. I haven't tripped on my step YET, but I could see that happening for sure! Oh yea, plie jacks with the firewalker band will get those inner thighs for sure!

Penguin oh boy, it was chilly and rainy here this morning too, yuck. I think cold rain is the worst! Not to mention the wind thanks to Sandy. Nothing like those poor people in the NE are expecting though. I hope your headache was feeling better quickly, I just hate nasty headaches. If sounds like your day got off to a really rough start on Friday. One of those days when you wonder if you should just go back to bed!
I love the sweater that you made for your mom, that is just beautiful and I bet she loves it! It is funny how dogs give themselves away when they misbehave isn't it?!
I love love love the prayer shawls. I will keep that in mind fir the future.

Janie Your new and improved Jessica is just stunning, what a great job!

Cheryl Yes I like the new ab work so much better than all of the crunches. I ended up doing the abs from Muscle Endurance on Thursday, that is one of my favorite ab workouts. It sounds like you and Janie found Cathe at about the same time - she said that MIC was her first Cather workout.
Great job on disc 17, I love the tri-sets too. I think it makes the workout go a lot faster. Oh no, sorry about the cats deciding to puke on the bed :mad: not the kind of surprise that you want to come home to.

Julie Great job on CSS+step! That's funny that you wish you had kids to help with the cleaning - I think that having kids just means more cooking and cleaning!

Cheryl Great job on disc 16. I am feeling weak too, my weight work has been limited to mostly a single total body workout a week and I can really tell. I think it might be time for me to do another round of STS.

Penguin Well cleaning the house alone is usually a multi-hour job, so even though it didn't look like much when you typed it, I'm sure you had a really busy day. Hmm...we haven't made pizza in awhile, I think we will have to do that soon!

It was quite the busy weekend. The dinner on Friday went really well. I made a bolognese sauce that said it served 4 and quadrupled it. So theoretically we had enough sauce for 16 servings and it was all gone! I think they liked it. :D Then Saturday Carl was running in the regional cross-country meet. I went and saw him run and then headed from there to Pinehurst. The DH was already there playing golf. This was his Christmas present from me 2 years ago and he finally used it. To play at any of the courses there you have to stay at the resort, so we went with 2 other couples and the men played golf and the women went to the spa. I had an 80 minute massage and it was just heavenly. I asked the woman if I could just stay there and sleep for the rest of the afternoon :D On Sunday we got up and had a nice breakfast and then the guys went to play golf again and I headed home. I came home and did Body Max and laundry and the grocery shopping and cooking.I haven't picked a new rotation yet so I did Afterburn this morning. We are going to Sedona next week so I'm going to wait until we get back to start a new rotation. Happy Monday everyone!

Pam

Yesterday morning I did disc 16, chest, shoulders, and triceps and then had lazy day Sunday with DH and the dogs. This morning was disc 17. I decided after the horrendous DOMS I had from disc 14 last week that I better do legs on Monday and then yoga on Tuesday rather than the other way around. Hopefully that will help.

Cheryl Great job on disc 16! I actually found myself feeling weak during this disc too. I don’t like that Cathe starts with the incline press and flies before doing flat. I had to really decrease my weight by the time I got to the flat press. I think next time I am going to switch those around so flat is first. This is the only disc she does incline first so I am not sure of the logic there. Oh how I wish I could win the lottery too but then again I would probably have to play first before I could win!

Penguin Great job on cleaning house and getting some work done on your shawl! I understand. Cleaning house sounds like nothing but we all know how much work goes into it. Especially those of us with dogs. When I was cleaning Saturday, I was so proud of getting so much done and then I see dog hair everywhere still. It is never ending. Yumm! Homemade pizza sounds delicious.

Pam Great job on Body Max and Afterburn! Two calorie scorchers to help with that pound cake. Your weekend sounded busy but that massage must have been so blissful. I keep telling DH I want a massage for my gifts and then end up changing my mind and telling him to get me something else more practical instead. One of these days though I am just going to get that massage. I’m probably being naïve thinking the kids would help with the cleaning. I can’t remember being all that helpful growing up. I was going to say you already had your rotation for when you come back in wanting to do STS again but then again, it is getting close to when XTrain will be available and you wouldn’t want to be in the middle of an STS rotation when that comes.

Have a great day!

Morning all!

Hubby re-arranged his office yesterday and switched out his clothes, as well as worked in the garage. He plans to send out resumes and go see some people about jobs, later today, after that we need to send out the baby dress and go to the groc store. Sounds exciting! I never did get my stuff {fabric} out of Hubby's office so I can do that while he's gone.

Pam, Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Funny about Hubby's and presents; I gave Hubby a radio/CD player for his Bday in Sept on year by Christmas he still hadn't installed it, so I wrapped it up again to stick under the tree. It was another 6 months before he installed it, then had to build a bracket because the one that came with it wouldn't work. I make pizza on Sat night {our Friday} usually its veggie on a whole wheat crust with lots of herbs and garlic but I try to change it once in a while with BBQ chicken or mexican pizza's, depending on what I have and what's leftover.

Chryl, I think I'd rather go to yoga than clean house but these things have to be done, don't they. Hope you get to do both.

Janie, great job on the drawing. I am prone to headaches but can't seem to find 'one' cause. They started shorly after my first eye surgery but I can't seem to narrow that down as the only cause.

We took April for a dog walk, Have you guys seen the infommericals for the leashes that you wrap around the dogs belly to keep them from pulling? I tried that with two of April's leashes hooked together and it works! She didn't like it at first but it made 'walk-time" a lot easier!

Hubby had a discouraging day, but did get some ideas for more places to apply.

I thought I posted the baby dress for my cousin Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Jill's November Baby Girl The second picture is the shrug to go with it {I made baby booties but I didn't take a picture}

Pam I have been doing too much of the TTM or AB type workouts and haven't be concentrating on lifting heavy. It feels good to get back into it again. If there was nothing left of the bolognese sauce I would say they liked it. That is always a good compliment when there is no food left. So nice to have a 80 minute massage, I bet it was hard to get back up again instead of having a nap. Good job on BM and AB.

Julie Good job on STS disc 16 and 17. It is probably a good idea to do yoga after the leg work to stretch everything out. It is strange that she starts with the incline bench press first. I guess it just changes things up a bit by doing that. I checked the lottery ticket today......still poor :confused:.

Penguin Sorry that your DH had a discouraging day. At least he got some more ideas of place to apply to. I agree that yoga is a lot more fun than doing housework. I got housework done but I didn't get any yoga done. This is the first time I have missed my Sunday yoga in a very long time. Are the leashes you are talking about more like a harness? I like those more than they ones you attach to their collar at the neck. I really like the baby dress and the shrug. I wish I could knit like that, the best I can do is to knit squares :eek:.

Well yesterday I got housework done but I didn't get any yoga done at all. I can't remember the last time I totally missed my Sunday yoga. Today I did STS disc 21 back and biceps. I like this one it has the double wave load. So Saturday night there was a 7.7 earthquake north of us. It was situated just off the coast of Haida Gwaii which was good because it is pretty isolated up in that area. I have a cousin who lives in the vicinity and she really felt it and was pretty freaked out. Vancouver is on a different fault line from the earthquake that happened on Saturday but if we got a 7.7 earthquake here it would do a lot of damage.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.