So, what kind of car do you drive and why?

2006 Porsche Boxster in midnight blue with a black convertible top.
I love everything about it!
It is my midlife excitement car.:D

I drive a Toyota Camry for the last 4 years. Love it. Great car, no problems, drives nice, big trunk space. Now, I will have 3 kids, I have to trade it in for a bigger car. We are looking at the Toyota Sienna. Hope I like this as much.

Mary

I'm still driving my "first" official car - a 2001 Navy Blue Toyota Echo. They don't even make them anymore!!! She may not be much to look at (although I still think she looks brand new), but the gas mileage is awesome. ;) I WANT a Mini-Coop though!!! I want to be like Charlize in the Italian Job. :)

I drive a 4WD Dodge Ram diesel, I ride horses and trailer them to different areas to ride. I love camping/trail riding and I LOVE MY DODGE!

2004 Yukon SLT

1. We got it when gas was still reasonable
2. I refuse to drive a van and with 3 kids it is big enough to haul them all (and 5 nieces and nephews) oh yeah and a Lab and a Golden Retriever
3. It is paid for and I will drive it until the wheels falls off or 100,000 miles....I am still under 60,000 right now

2008 Porsche Cayman Ruby Red...
Kids are out of college and Mama dose not car pool kids anymore...:p
2300505086_e21d69d6d8_m.jpg

I drive a 2004 Toyota Sienna. Yes, it is a minivan, and no, it is not the sexiest car around but it really is a great vehicle. I plan to drive it until it dies.

Pros: holds everything and everyone (I have 3 kids and a dog), handles great, never have a problem with it, lots of great safety features and bells and whistles. Seats can be re-configured in a bunch of different ways.
Cons: if one of the kids leaves a door open or an interior light on, the battery drains overnight. Drives me nuts!

DH drives a 1998 Honda Accord and loves it. It drives great, hasn't given him any trouble, and even got through a pretty bad wreck in 1999 with flying colors...he walked away unharmed, and the car still drives great after having been fixed. He plans to drive it forever and give it to the kids when they start driving. I can't think of any "cons" for his car. I highly recommend a used Accord.

I drive a 2004 jeep wrangler, with a tire cover that says "LIFE IS GOOD". I love my jeep, I have had it for 3 years. I would say it is my mid life crisis car but I have wanted one since I started to drive. My dad used to drive the army jeeps (Willys). I have to say when I have the roof off in the warm weather and blast my music there is nothing that could bother me. It definitely picks me up when I am not feeling so great.
Us Wrangler people have our own special club.

chrissy

2006 Porsche Boxster in midnight blue with a black convertible top.
I love everything about it!
It is my midlife excitement car.:D

Ooo, that is a hot car!!
From your picture, that car looks like it suits you perfectly.
chrissy

Ooo, that is a hot car!!
From your picture, that car looks like it suits you perfectly.
chrissy

I love my car! It's the first car in my life that I didn't have to consider how many kids can I fit in. No more toys and french fries stuck in between the seats.;)
Thanks for the compliment. You're so sweet:)

We drive a 1987 Neon that is a good car, but pretty crappy looking.

Our Stratus burned up and we just decided to claim it as a full insurance loss and put the funds into our savings.

When we travel, we fly.

And no car payments!

But oh for a really sporty car......before I hit 60 which is not long away

Last edited:
I drive a 2007 Hummer H3. It's funny to me because I used to think Hummers were the ugliest things ever. One day, my husband and I decided we needed an SUV. We test drove the H3 and I loved it! I still don't know what possessed us to go try one. I'm glad we did. It is the only car I've ever had that I haven't gotten bored with and wanted a new one right away.

A 2005 Dodge Magnum...you either love it or you hate it. I love the style of the car but did not get the hemi and my mechanic said that the v6 in this car is the worst engine he has ever seen. No real problems yet but I am sure nothing good can come from that statement. DH drives a 2007 3500 Chevy diesel and we worked our butts off to pay it off in 16 months. So we are very proud of our "farm truck":D
Rachel:D

Oh Yes, I love these fun threads!!

2008 Chevy Imapla - good on gas & rides comfy
2005 Chevy Tahoe - This will haul all the daycare kids when needs be, gets us through the snow & carries my chocolate babies. It is also very comfy!! Love it! Of course I would love them both better if they were paid for! :(

My DH (who is the greatest I might say) bought me a really nice car a few months ago. It's a 2008 Lexus LS460 L (the L is for a longer wheel base). It's black with black interior (which is a pain to keep clean with 3 kids). I love it though. My DH drives a 2007 Lincoln Navigator L. We switch off sometimes:p We need bigger cars since he is so tall (he's 6'8") and we have the kids (my oldest boy is already 6'3" and he's only 16). The Navigator we're leasing (it's actually our 4th leased Navigator) but the Lexus we're buying. I plan on keeping that car for a long time.:)

I drive a 2007 Toyota Highlander, black. My DH works for Toyota, got a good deal on it, and I wanted something bigger for my kids (the one I have currently and the others to come...someday;)).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.