So, what kind of car do you drive and why?

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
I've just sold my Mini Cooper (loved it, but it was too much car for my DD16 to learn to drive on). I'm in the market for a new car, and I've pretty much made up my mind on a used Honda Accord. But I'm interested in hearing what you are driving, what you like about it, and what you don't like.

For my Mini:

2004 Mini Cooper base (not S) - bright red w/ a red roof

Loved the style and looks. Had fun zipping around and always finding parking. Absolutely loved the way it handles - I could go up an entrance ramp to a freeway that corkscrews at 55 mph and the car just hugged the road. It held much more than it looked like it would (I did my Christmas week shopping which included 2 big dinners and a huge party and got all of the stuff in the Mini). And the car was a head turner.

Did not like that I could only ever take one other person comfortably and got tired of the manual transmission (although, a Mini in Automatic would be weird).

fun thread!

oh how i would love something sporty again.....

but for now its a durango.

because i have 3 kids and a great dane!
i wholeheartedly refuse to drive a van!!!!:p

i would lovelovelove a nissan armada but the durango is paid for and i dont want a car payment.

i know we are gas guzzlers....when gas was $4/gal it cost me a buck just to drive down my road!

I have a 1992 Honda Accord manual transmission. I drive it because it's a bloody fabulous car, Jap quality, incredibly long lasting, engine is still excellent and I bought mine used also.

I am driving it until it dies, hopefully another year, then I will replace it with another used Accord or Honda Civic, which is getting as big as the Accord.

I would love to be able to afford a more environmentally friendly car but I have to buy used always and there aren't too many about just yet. When there are......

Clare

Clare - now that is an endorsement! I've been considering a hybrid, but I'm still leery of them - the fuel cells have to be replaced every 4 years or so and they are expensive (and add crap to the environment in a different way). I think I'll wait until the hydrogen fuel cells come out and see how they do.

A 2002 Chevy Cavalier.

1) Made in the USA

2) Relatively good gas mileage

3) Was the right price at the right time

For fun we drive an MGB or a TR6. I love me some ragtop in the summertime. Neither are made in the USA or get good mileage, but they are great for putting a smile on my face.:)

Toyota Corolla S ("S" for the power moon and spoiler ;) )

I went with Toyota for the quality and resale value. The Corolla specifically for the gas mileage. I get high 30's to low 40's (non-winter months). I also checked out Hondas, which I liked, but preferred the Toyota styling a little better.

I love it. :D

ETA: The price was also very good.

I drive a 2001 Camry. Reliable and good gas milage.

I WANT the red Cadillac CTS that Kate Walsh drives in the commercial :eek::cool: LOL!!!!!

Subaru Impreza. I had a Forester and LOVED it! I wanted something large enough for my dogs, and safe, and good in the winter weather, but the payment was too high after I split with my ex, so I down-graded to the Impreza. I like it, but not like my Forester.

That said...I'm planning to go with a Mini Clubman for my next car. I want something with better mileage, and want something fun to drive. It looks large enough for the dogs. If the govt. includes the tax break for purchasing a new car, I may do it this year.

OH! What an interesting question! I like these kind!

I drive a 1997 5-speed Mazda 626. DH and I bought it just after our first DS was born. We bought 5 speed because it was cheaper...the funny thing was that DH had NO IDEA how to drive 5 speed! LOL (I did, though!) It's black and has 4 doors to be able to get the (then) car seats in and out easily.

I think I'm the only MOM in my town that doesn't drive or own a mini-van.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!! And I'd replace it with the exact same one if and when the time comes! But in the meantime, I told my kids that I'm driving this car till I have to PUSH it to the dump! :)

Gayle

I drive a Hummer....because it is fun using pseudo green hypocritical middle class yuppies with their bodily collection of techno gadgets as speed bumps. BAAAAHHHHAAAHAAAA!

I drive a Hummer....because it is fun using pseudo green hypocritical middle class yuppies with their bodily collection of techno gadgets as speed bumps. BAAAAHHHHAAAHAAAA!

Beavs....I think you're secretly my friend Dee. What kind of wine was I drinking on Friday?

2009 VW Rabbit and 1998 VW Cabrio. The Cabrio because it's just a fun car to drive, especially in the warmer weather. Now that I bought the Rabbit, the Cabrio is a fun-driving-only car. When I bought the Rabbit in September, I test-drove 4 other cars, with the VW last on the list (and originally, tested it just so I could say I test-drove the Rabbit, never intended to actually buy it). The other 4 test drives left me more confused than ever about which car I should drive, but as soon as I got behind the wheel and took it out on the highway, I was in love, and bought the Rabbit on the spot. It was definitely a purchase that was emotion-driven, but I don't regret it one bit. VWs are loaded with so many cool little surprise features and, even though the Rabbit is not the best as far as gas mileage, I absolutely love the car.

2008 Honda Accord, 6-speed manual transmission V-6. Big enough for the kids, decent mileage and fun to drive.

2005 Toyota Sienna minivan. Kids...need I say more.

1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty Diesel w/ crew cab & long bed...for hauling rocks, lumber, etc. AND the 5th wheel trailer for summer trips :D

DH just bought me the 2009 Cadillac CTS in White Diamond. I know I am a lucky woman.

I paid my mommy dues with a mini van for a decade then a small SUV.

We (DH actually) have a 1998 BMW M3 roadster for fun in the sun

2003 loaded Chevy Trailblazer. I live in MI and want to barrel safely in the snow and I want to buy American - for now. I love my Blazer.

My dream car down the - Jaguar . . . gettyup

I drive a 2004 Subuaru Legacy. Great all wheel drive for NY winters.

DH has a souped up Imprezia and a Dodge Ram truck.

We also have a Suzuki Boulevard motorcycle, which is awesome to ride in the warm weather.;)

We have a 2003 Toyota Camry LE and a 2007 Nissan Sentra S. I love the Camry. The Sentra took me a little while to get used to, because it is a very small car, but now I pretty much love it. It's very economical, and I can zip in out of traffic and tight parking spots. I also love the Honda Accords. Good luck with your next purchase :)

A year ago I did not have a car and since I rode to work with my husband I really did not need one but I went to get lunch and while waiting for the takeout I saw an ad for a 2007 Kia Sportage v6 for 14,999. Drove an hour out to the dealer and ended up buying it. Not bad for a v6 with a 10 year warranty. I bought it cuz it was cheap and liked the warranty.

I now only have 4k miles on it a year later. But it's not a bad cheap car.

I drive...

1993 Blazer...I'm driving it to the end because I LOVE NO CAR PAYMENTS! I drive my 2005 Jeep Wranger Unlimited on the weekends and every summer I take the top off -- THAT'S my dream car actually. I've wanted one forever. I'm just not that into cars.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.