Rockout Knockout

carol d.

Cathlete
Will there be a bonus bag section in the new DVD *Rockout Knockout*? SO, SO excited for these new workouts - what a great mix!

carol D...I read the description and even though it is not mentioned we can only hope for a heavy bag bonus on the final version. If not I am sure I will still love it!

Yes, she did say that the workouts could evolve over the planning process... so there's still the possibility it could be added. But you're right - it is sure to be an awesome workout regardless!

I love that these dvd's Will have a little of everything that I've read everyone's been asking for. :D

I agree...please please add another heavy bag workout to this one too. I love the heavy bag add ons. So worth the cost of getting the bag!

I agree...please please add another heavy bag workout to this one too. I love the heavy bag add ons. So worth the cost of getting the bag!

Can anyone recommend a good one? I'd like to get a freestanding one, if possible, but some of the reviews have been mixed.

Hi, Swimmer -

The Wavemaster XXL that Cathe uses in MMA Boxing and Hard Strikes is excellent! I found it for a little cheaper @ Amazon.com, and based on customer recommendations, we filled it with sand rather than water. A $10 orange traffic cone (you can find them @ any Home Depot or Lowe's) is a GREAT *funnel* to pour the sand into the base with little-to-no mess.

I love, love my heavy bag - definitely worth the investment... and I am SO hoping Cathe takes all the feedback for a bag bonus and adds it to Rockout Knockout. :D

I love the heavy bag bonus on HS. I automatically assumed there would be a heavy bag bonus when the description said it would be a mix of KPC and HS.

Not a heavy bag fan here BUT I'm so excited for an updated KPC!! Bring on the kicking combos! :eek:

A favor Cathe? Please omit the 180 degree turns while kicking. Those are knee killers on carpet and they really slow down the pace. I just wanna kick! :D

Joan

A favor Cathe? Please omit the 180 degree turns while kicking. Those are knee killers on carpet and they really slow down the pace. I just wanna kick! :D

I stopped doing the 180s because I work out on carpet. There are some sequences where I can pick up my feet, but when it's pure pivoting, I just kick front. I still get a killer workout. ;) And I don't get dizzy!

I stopped doing the 180s because I work out on carpet. There are some sequences where I can pick up my feet, but when it's pure pivoting, I just kick front. I still get a killer workout. ;) And I don't get dizzy!

Hi Bonnie,
Like you, I omit the 180s but the turn factor still slows the pace of the combo. I prefer the faster pace. Call me a maniac....:eek:

Hi, Swimmer -

The Wavemaster XXL that Cathe uses in MMA Boxing and Hard Strikes is excellent! I found it for a little cheaper @ Amazon.com, and based on customer recommendations, we filled it with sand rather than water. A $10 orange traffic cone (you can find them @ any Home Depot or Lowe's) is a GREAT *funnel* to pour the sand into the base with little-to-no mess.

I love, love my heavy bag - definitely worth the investment... and I am SO hoping Cathe takes all the feedback for a bag bonus and adds it to Rockout Knockout. :D

Thanks so much! The good news is that I already have the traffic cone (don't ask--haha!).

katrina_lynn said:
Today in the Ask Cathe forum Cathe said that she is planning on adding a heavy bag bonus to the new DVD! Yay!!!

Yay!!! I so love heavy bag boxing. Not only is it super fun, but it burns tons of calories. Yesterday, I did Cathe's MMA heavy bag followed by the Xtrain heavy bag bonus. It was awesome! I'd love for her to make a full-length heavy bag workout, but I'd gladly take another short one too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.