Ripped with HiiT January

This morning I did Muscle Max upper body only. DH did it with me and it was nice because he was able to set up the weights for me. Ugh, to do it alone will take lots of set up time. I guess for now I'll do a variety of Cathe's UB premixes and Core work. I really need to watch my calories though. I'm at a really good place weight-wise. Last summer I gained 8 lbs with my injury. I don't want to do that again!!!

Jen, I will definitely give Mark Lauren some serious consideration. I love your blog! and I will check them out there. I look forward to your reviews on Tapout 1 too. I had planned on doing a Tapout/RKS rotation after RWH, but now I'll just experience them through you, which will be good because then I'll know what to expect when I get to them. :D

Jodi, thanks for the birthday wishes and Happy Birthday to you too on your upcoming birthday! I have some birthday cash now -- haha my family knows where that will go, maybe towards some Mark Lauren workouts. :D

Jenngollf - I just bought TapOut XT ( I love how you are giving me such great new ideas). I'm thinking I want to integrate them into the RWH/XTrain rotation. Any ideas? Should I just push back the rotation and add TapOut in on MWF, or do you think I should rearrange the whole thing? I'm new to this forum (maybe a year, or so) and also the concept of rotations (which I LOVE, I'm a real planner), but adding in a new thing is a little intimidating. Thoughts?

Hi Sara, no real idea yet. I just started Tapout XT this morning, so I don't know the breakdown/focus of each workout except the little bit of info they give you. What I am pretty sure of is that it is a cardio/metabolic strength training system that uses bands and body weight for any strength work. Therefore, you could use Tapout for any cardio day, it will not interfere with heavy weight work. That is how I currently have mine mapped out. I have STS Total Body and KCM Muscle Up each week for total body strength work then the rest of the days day are Tapout XT workouts and my doubles are Max:30 for my high intensity/HIIT level work. Having done my first Tapout XT this morning that seems like a good plan. I did Cross Core Combat and Ultimate Abs XT and though Cross Core Combat had a few intense moves, I found it overall intermediate and not super-high intensity. The end "Killer" move was very tough tho. I will say that I don't think Cross Core Combat was representative of all of Tapout XT, but I don't know that for certain. There was no MMA/kickboxing type stuff. It was basically cardio core. Lots of plank work. You will use your bands, too. I went too light on my band--I'll have to use a heavier one next time. I had my weighted gloves on too in the beginning but since the only punches you throw you do with the resistence band, the gloves were useless and I ended up taking them off. It wasn't a bad workout, but I was expecting something much more intense so I was a little disappointed. But we'll see how the rest play out.

BTW--back to your actual question, I think doing it on MWF would work well with your heavy strength in between and one day of HIIT thrown in there.

Are we doing a new thread for February or has everyone moved on from RWH? I still want to do some kind of check-in to see what and how everyone is doing. I still have RWH this week, but I'm not sure what next week will bring. The February rotation doesn't interest me.

Jodi, I am not doing RwH for the next few months, but Nathalie said she was going to start up a general check in and you are welcome to join us there. Mary will probably be there, too. When she starts it up, I'll post a link to it here.

Good morning ladies. And WOW Jodi! That is insane! I cannot believe that happened so close to you. That is super scary. I would be freaking out. And btw--way to go on progressing with the decline push ups! Those are so hard after all that chest work.

I agree Sara! I know of no one anymore that I can talk health and fitness with. So I always appreciate these boards!

This morning was EFX #3. No doubles today, however I have now done all 9 YAYOG workouts. If anyone is interested, here is the review I wrote for it on my blog (YAYOG).

I actually have changed/cleaned up my diet the past two weeks and I have not gotten the excellent results I was hoping for. Well, not entirely. My weight did drop a few pounds and my digestion improved amazingly, but I didn't have the same endurance, strength and power I normally have during my workouts. And I seemed to be more sore and for longer. I have been eating less protein and carbs than usual and I think that's why. So, I am going back to a few things I did before to see if I see an improvement--protein shakes in the morning and a Quest protein bar in the afternoon. But other than that I am going to stick with the clean eating.

And tomorrow is the last day of the month and for me, the last day of my RwH rotation. Starting on Sunday I'll be moving on to a new rotation: Insanity Max 30 (my doubles workouts), Tapout 1 & 2 (my morning workouts) and I will be supplementing this with STS Total Body and KCM Muscle Up every week.

I don't mean to crash you check in (but I will anyway, lol) I just happened to go to your blog today to see if you had the YAYOG review up, what a nice surprise, well done. I'm looking at starting those when I finish with Bodyshred. Thanks for the detailed descriptions of workouts. Funny, I went through some ups and downs diet-wise as well. One interesting thing about your review, you said in the one part how one exercise killed your shoulders, but the next day they weren't sore, I'm finding that happens a lot with bodyweight workouts, not that they aren't hard, they are, they just don't seem that hard, hardly any DOMS at all. Anyway, thanks again, appreciate the review(s).

Hi Jen and everyone,

I am Nathalie.
After about 4 months of inactivity due to relocation, I am back on re-gaining some conditioning level before
embarking on STS again. I also have Body beast on my to do list.:p:eek::eek:

Tomorrow I am doing Upper body circuit Rwh. wish me good luck.
will be checking in tomorrow.

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days.
We are getting another 18" or so of snow.

I would like to keep the check in if any one still wants too. We can start a Feb. thread.

I'm not interested in the Feb. rotation, but I may continue with Jan.'s but added a few different workouts to the mix.

Just FYI since it's not January anymore, a few of us have moved back over to the Bodybuilding check in. It is an ongoing check in (not recreated monthly) that Nathalie created. You don't have to be doing bodybuilding rotation btw to check in, that's just how it began.

Body Sculpting check in

112toGuru--I'm glad you find my reviews useful! I love working out and reviewing the workouts since I reference them myself constantly when putting together rotations. It is interesting about the lack of DOMS withe body weight exercises (though I did get some with Mobility RX)--some of the exercises in his workouts are the, hands down, hardest exercises I have ever done, yet no DOMS. Seems odd!

Tell me what you think of Body Shred! That is on my to-buy list. Probably early summer I will buy it. I am very excited about it. I love Jillian's workouts. She is another one that I just don't get back to her workouts often enough, but I love them.

Last edited:
112toGuru--I'm glad you find my reviews useful! I am love working out and reviewing the workouts since I reference them myself constantly when putting together rotations. It is interesting about the lack of DOMS withe body weight exercises (though I did get some with Mobility RX)--some of the exercises in his workouts are the, hands down, hardest exercises I have ever done, yet no DOMS. Seems odd!

Tell me what you think of Body Shred! That is on my to-buy list. Probably early summer I will buy it. I am very excited about it. I love Jillian's workouts. She is another one that I just don't get back to her workouts often enough, but I love them.

Jillian's workouts were that way for me, for lack of a better way to explain, functional fixers. For me, Bodyshred is very hard, I have never done so much high impact or so many difficult bodyweight moves, back to back like that. I will be very interested to hear what more advanced exercisers, like you, think of it. It progresses throughout, but it's hard every day, and there is high impact pretty much everyday, and a lot of mountain climber, squat thrust, & burpee variations. I think I may have to start a blog and write about it the second time through (the referencing of workouts sounds like a great idea). It's really kicked things up a notch, maybe a couple of notches for me. I think you'll really like it.

I really like reading your reviews, there's been so many programs in the last year, it's hard to keep up with them. I think I might have to put some of Cathe's workouts like Cardio Core Circuit & Tabatacize on the to do list this year, because now (or soon) I might actually be able to do them!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.