Psst - Can we talk...panties?

I'm getting really confused! :eek:

Riding - riding horses, not panties riding up my butt! And I'm not looking for granny underwear, heavens no! :confused: Plus, I'm not concerned with panty lines. :)

So no one here has ever tried the Patagonia panties so we don't know if they really wick away sweat and if they're really worth $20/pair? :)

:)

Ok, gotcha. :) Back on track..... I did get a few expensive Under Armour (I think that's the brand I ended up getting???) pairs after the chaffing incident, thinking that might help as a barrier between my more sensitive bits and the seams in my running tights. I have only worn them a few times, but as I recall they were comfy. Patagonia is a solid brand, and really made for that kind of thing - I personally would give them a try if what you are currently wearing isn't cutting it.

I agree on giving the Patagonia a try. I've never worn their undies but their shirts, socks, jackets (even dresses I have) I love. They are great quality company so I'd go ahead and splurge on one pair of the undies to see how you like them. Let us know if you try them.

To funny eminenz2, after all this you never did get an answer! LOL!
I guess youll be the first to try them so let us know!

I'm getting really confused! :eek:

Riding - riding horses, not panties riding up my butt! And I'm not looking for granny underwear, heavens no! :confused: Plus, I'm not concerned with panty lines. :)

So no one here has ever tried the Patagonia panties so we don't know if they really wick away sweat and if they're really worth $20/pair? :)

:)

I have been enjoying this thread tremendously! I would not go commando if my last pair of panties was in the wash....that's reason enough to skip the workout. I admire you ladies who do though...

The Hanky Panky thong has been praised over and over here. I still can't do thongs even with you all claiming they aren't butt floss....

I've got one pair of what I call "technical undies" which are probably closest to what OP was asking about. I like them. And yeah, they wick, but the wicking is limited because the moisture is just getting wicked to your next outer layer. If that's riding pants....those are usually pretty substantial, right? I imagine you'd wick...but not breathe.

I love this group. Learn something new every day! :p

I wish I could help.....but I can't b/c I am so a commando type of girl when I work out.....but those hanky panky thongs sound cool....where can one get those from.... Lol......this thread is awesome....hahahahaha

If you want something to wear when you are riding a bike, I have to ask...do you wear padded biking shorts? The ones with a chamois in them?

I am an avid cyclist (I've ridden from Portland, OR, to San Francisco, CA by myself, hauling my own gear and camping along the way) as well as competed in half ironmans and road races...the delicate areas will get tender no matter what you are wearing or what seat you are riding on, but wearing biking shorts and having a seat that fits your body type greatly helps reduce the uncomfortableness.

The brands I like are Pearl Azumi , Terry and Shebeast for my riding shorts. Some people like more padding, while others like minimum padding - see what works for you.

And no I don't wear underwear with these shorts.

Oh and I recommend black or other dark colors if you are worried about sweat - though I would be surprised if the sweat shows through in these shorts.

macbeanur said:
If you want something to wear when you are riding a bike, I have to ask...do you wear padded biking shorts? The ones with a chamois in them?

I am an avid cyclist (I've ridden from Portland, OR, to San Francisco, CA by myself, hauling my own gear and camping along the way) as well as competed in half ironmans and road races...the delicate areas will get tender no matter what you are wearing or what seat you are riding on, but wearing biking shorts and having a seat that fits your body type greatly helps reduce the uncomfortableness.

The brands I like are Pearl Azumi , Terry and Shebeast for my riding shorts. Some people like more padding, while others like minimum padding - see what works for you.

Oh and I recommend black or other dark colors if you are worried about sweat - though I would be surprised if the sweat shows through in these shorts.

Omg! I wish id have done something like this! You are awesome! How long did it take you? Was it during a vacation? You wasn't totally alone was you? I would be such a wuss or my family would not let me go alone or something ...see I need to go live lol

macbeanur said:

Great recommendation! I love, love, love the shebeest boardrider capris...the chamois comes out so you can wear it under other workout wear if you want (or remove a sweaty chamois while going to catch a bite to eat right after a ride...the capris themselves are super cute...oh, they're also very comfortable to ride/spin in and really wick and dry quickly...did I say how much I love these? Too bad they aren't cheaper.). I want another pair, but wasn't able to find them anywhere this year...there was some sort of cryptic message on shebeest's website, but do you(or anybody out there) have any idea what's going on with that company?

I wish I could help.....but I can't b/c I am so a commando type of girl when I work out.....but those hanky panky thongs sound cool....where can one get those from.... Lol......this thread is awesome....hahahahaha

Once you try the Hanky Panky, you'll be hooked!

There are a lot of department stores that carry them, and you can also find them online. I just saw where they are offering a promotion where you can personalize your own pair with little crystals of your choice... your initials, a heart, etc. Cute!

I also love their camis and teddies.

I buy mine from Nordstrom, and if you hit their sale racks just right, you can find them for half price.

I wear the original rise thong. There are several choices though, including a low rise thong, mid rise thong, boy shorts and a bikini.

A couple of links:

Hanky Panky website

Nordstrom

Bare Necessities

Once you try the Hanky Panky, you'll be hooked!

There are a lot of department stores that carry them, and you can also find them online. I just saw where they are offering a promotion where you can personalize your own pair with little crystals of your choice... your initials, a heart, etc. Cute!

I also love their camis and teddies.

I buy mine from Nordstrom, and if you hit their sale racks just right, you can find them for half price.

I wear the original rise thong. There are several choices though, including a low rise thong, mid rise thong, boy shorts and a bikini.

A couple of links:

Hanky Panky website

Nordstrom

Bare Necessities

I picked up a few pairs at the Dillard's clearance sale last month and they were $4 a pair! They are not cheap, but someone always seems to be running a sale on them.

Omg! I wish id have done something like this! You are awesome! How long did it take you? Was it during a vacation? You wasn't totally alone was you? I would be such a wuss or my family would not let me go alone or something ...see I need to go live lol

Renee,

I took 2 weeks to do it - riding ~ 50 miles/day ( I was carrying a fully loaded mountain bike and stopping for the sights along the way, plus it is pretty hilly). Yes, I was completely alone - the first night was the only night I ended up camping with people. I started the trip in May - which as it turns out is early for most bike riders. I didn't tell my Mom I was going until I was on the road, she was pretty nervous. I had my phone with me and would charge it when I stopped along the road for a meal.

I live in Hawaii and I took my first vacation in over 15 years for this bike trip. I flew over to Portland, biked down to San Fran and then took the train back up to Portland and flew back to HI. It was a wonderful trip. I had a lot of time to think - both while on my bike and also when I was camping at night.

I highly recommend taking a bike trip - you don't have to go by yourself, if you do this trip later in the summer you will meet up with other cyclists.

I'm a commando girl while working out, but I highly recommend Victoria's Secret Pink Yoga hipsters--the only pair of panties I have ever worn that I didn't have to reposition AT ALL during the day! Great for skirts! :D

macbeanur said:
Renee,

I took 2 weeks to do it - riding ~ 50 miles/day ( I was carrying a fully loaded mountain bike and stopping for the sights along the way, plus it is pretty hilly). Yes, I was completely alone - the first night was the only night I ended up camping with people. I started the trip in May - which as it turns out is early for most bike riders. I didn't tell my Mom I was going until I was on the road, she was pretty nervous. I had my phone with me and would charge it when I stopped along the road for a meal.

I live in Hawaii and I took my first vacation in over 15 years for this bike trip. I flew over to Portland, biked down to San Fran and then took the train back up to Portland and flew back to HI. It was a wonderful trip. I had a lot of time to think - both while on my bike and also when I was camping at night.

I highly recommend taking a bike trip - you don't have to go by yourself, if you do this trip later in the summer you will meet up with other cyclists.

I'm in awh...you r so cool! Lol.

Holy crap Hanky Panky are not cheap! Dang $20 for one itty bitty pair of undies? WTF? Are they make with gold thread?

No way I'm paying that much for them unless they made me look like I was 25lbs thinner and maybe came with say Johnny Depp or someone similar.

Holy crap Hanky Panky are not cheap! Dang $20 for one itty bitty pair of undies? WTF? Are they make with gold thread?

No way I'm paying that much for them unless they made me look like I was 25lbs thinner and maybe came with say Johnny Depp or someone similar.

Oh man, that is so funny! Love your avitar pic, too - those Saturday morning cartoons were the best.

I found a couple of Hanky Panky thongs at Nordstrom Rack today for $5 each! Yay!

I also found one of their great lace camis that are usually at least $50 for $12. I love finds like that! :D

Hello Ladies,

I am retrieving this interesting thread about workout outfit!

Just one question, Has anything changed in terms of your habit?

Are you still going cowboys(well those of you who do) :p:p
Well I am still going commando (English UK).
I just make it easy and comfortable for myself.;):)

So you know, Going cowboy = Going commando

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.