Psst - Can we talk...panties?

eminenz2

Cathlete
:eek:

Seriously, best workout panties? Hipster suggestions most sought but anything is welcome. Are Patagonia's worth the money - $20/pair?

Thanks!

I would also like to hear some opinions on this! I have some ExOfficio panties that I know a lot of people love for exercise and traveling. They have amazing wicking powers and dry almost instantly, but they still leave a panty line under my fitted workout pants. Is there any comfy panty that won't leave obvious lines and will stay in place? I find thongs uncomfortable, so maybe a boyshort?

Hanky Panky thongs for everything.... my workout clothes, my everyday clothes, everything I wear! It's like wearing nothing... and they are so pretty and lacy. Perfect solution!

sme702 said:
Who wears underware to workout? I learned that lesson a long time ago - no undies = no ride up! (and no underware lines)

Loll me to!!!!! I don't either I'm glad I workout at home lol. I hate panties! I was hoping I wasn't thhe. Only one. I say " freedom, freedom " :)

It's more a matter of the sweating through the workout pants (or riding breeches, as the case may be) and it just feels.., yucky. No way am I riding without some kind of undies! The sitting trot kills as it is! :)

Never even considered wearing underwear for working out. No underwire bras either. I don't ride so that is not an issue.

Who wears underware to workout? I learned that lesson a long time ago - no undies = no ride up! (and no underware lines)

Lol sme 702, You have just made it so easy for yourself! :D
I do the same BTW, working out at home is ok i suppose...
I have another excuse for not joining the gym lol

Doing a clean plie with a challenging barbell requires enough mental focus for the balance to
worry about panties/underwear not staying in place! too much to handle ladies ;-)

Nathalie

Last edited:
I recently joined a gym and didn't want the panty lines so for the first - time - ever I went without wearing any panties. It felt very weird at first but it wasn't too bad; I liked the fact that no panty lines were showing. Wearing a thong too often (for me) causes some discomfort and I'll leave it at that.

The riding up doesn't happen even when I do wear them (and at home I always will) because I wear Hanes (oneHanesPlace.com) and they have some that are made to not ride up. I like them a lot but they don't wick away moisture.

sme702 said:

Same here. It's just so much easier and much more comfortable to me not to wear them. I only wear them when it's that time of the month and then I wear full-coverage (granny panties) so there's no ride up. I workout at home, but if I workout somewhere else, which is extremely rare, I'll wear panties under my workout clothes.

Hanky Panky thongs for everything.... my workout clothes, my everyday clothes, everything I wear! It's like wearing nothing... and they are so pretty and lacy. Perfect solution!

Hanky Panky are the BEST. Even the regular bikini underwear are great!

Another cowboy here, regardless of where I workout. I can't even imagine wearing them under my workout clothes....

Well, under breeches you could try "commando" thongs - they are a little wider, but smooth and lines are undetectable. They're really comfy, I find.

But it's the sweating I want to hide. Riding without anything to protect my lady-parts and to have booty floss between my cheeks (the downstairs pair)? It's just not going to happen! And the chafing from all that bouncing around! Augh!

But it's the sweating I want to hide. Riding without anything to protect my lady-parts and to have booty floss between my cheeks (the downstairs pair)? It's just not going to happen! And the chafing from all that bouncing around! Augh!

Have you tried the Hanky Panky thongs? I don't know exactly how to describe them, but they are not booty floss. I don't ride, so they might not be what you would want, but they definitely don't act like floss! :)

Hanky Panky are very nice and I like them a lot in general. They also are in no way "floss-like" so that's not an issue.

Regardless, no underwear is going to provide any real "protection" under your riding pants. It's just thin fabric! And the only time I've had chafing issues is during my marathon, where apparently I had an errant seam for 4 hours.... :)

At the end of the day, wear whatever you feel comfortable in, as it doesn't sound like you are a fan of the thong option which is only option other than commando that will prevent lines. Wear your normal underwear, and if you end up with lines, you end up with lines. No one is looking that closely anyway....

I need something to wick the sweat away. I've accepted panty lines as a reality of my life -oh, well!

That's why I originally asked if the Patagonia panties were worth $20. Do they really wick the sweat away and, well, will they keep me from feeling as icky as I do with cotton or nylon panties?

This thread is getting hilariously fun! There is no way I am wearing a "full coverage granny panties" at anytime ( yeah including that time of the month :D)...Nice feminine laces low rise undies/panties are my cup of tea :)
If I do not want to be distracted by the flossing and/or the riding , I simply just do not wear the flipping string :))
If I am worried about the undies/panties being detected or being seen through again I simply just do not wear any ;-) No broadcast :-//

Last edited:
I'm getting really confused! :eek:

Riding - riding horses, not panties riding up my butt! And I'm not looking for granny underwear, heavens no! :confused: Plus, I'm not concerned with panty lines. :)

So no one here has ever tried the Patagonia panties so we don't know if they really wick away sweat and if they're really worth $20/pair? :)

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.