Plyo Hiit 1

Does it move just as fast as low impact #1 or is she nicer and gives a little bit of a break? Cathe never really took a break in that one, so I had to pause twice for quick water and sweat wipe down.

The actual moves are slower (but MUCH harder) and the breaks are variable - I had time for an occasional sip of water without stopping the dvd. Quite a few of the moves were new to me, so I didn't 'get' them for the first few reps. Some, I just couldn't do - I actually fell over when I started the 1 arm burpees!!! There are a lot of burpee variations in this one.....

Is there a visible countdown timer on any of the Hiit workouts?

Also, are Low Impact and/or Plyo similar to Cardio Hiit-Double Wave Pyramid or are the breaks different each time?

I've been doing T25 Core Speed, which has 1 arm burpees, so I'm hoping I'll be ready for it.

Mine are supposed to arrive today. Can't wait!

Last edited:
No countdown, unfortunately - all intervals and rests are variable, and you don't even hear how many reps when you begin the move. I found it much harder than any of the 40/20, 30/30 or pyramid HiiTs - but that could just be new moves - I tend to improve after a few runs through, once I 'get' the moves. Double edged sword, however, as I don't have the excuse of pausing to check what Cathe is doing!

Do you remember when, as Cathe was developing these, she posted a Q on facebook asking us our favorite/least favorite high impact moves? I swear the top answers were burpees and tuck jumps. I thought maybe we'd be safe from them in this workout. Nope. Not only are they there, but there's a move that is a burpee into a tuck jump. It's not as awful as it sounds. I found it preferable burpees alone and tuck jumps alone...who knew?

Gotta love Cathe.

This workout is great!

I've never used this word before but... I've been pwned.
(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned)
In the best way. I am finding the fun factor so much higher in these workouts than any of the shock cardio HiiTs.

Agreed about many moves being new, and skipping the first rep or three to study it.

I added bonus abs 1... I am really loving this non-traditional core work. Also, my heart was still racing after the plyo cool down and it was nice to ease it down slowly with the core work (which definitely still packs a little cardio punch) before the stretch. These abs will be a favorite or mine for sure.

Last edited:
I did Plyo HIIT 1 this morning also. I agree with everything JustineF has said. I found it much harder than any of the STS HIITs, but that may be due to it being new. Some of the new moves I had to watch the first 1 or 2 reps before doing. It seemed like so many tuck jumps (not my favorite). I think I also had a hard time with this one because this is the 3rd day in a row of the new workouts I've done & yesterday's Legs gave me some serious DOMS in my glutes & inner thighs - so I couldn't get down as low or move as fast today. My legs probably could of used a day of rest. I liked the 1-arm burpees & everyone had great energy. I'll have to try this again on a day after getting enough rest.

That's the thing about Cathe's workouts, everything has potential for leg doms, even something that seems like cardio like Hiit or step or kick box, except maybe an upper body strength training day but that can overlap with burpees.

I remember that Cathe did ask us for a list of moves we didn't like and by far the most hated were tuck jumps and burpee's. I've watched but haven't done yet the two Plyo workouts and there are lots of tuck jumps (and jumps that she calls something else but are really tuck jumps where you kick our butt with your heals) and lots of burpees. Just goes to show that when I trainer asks you for things you hate, lie...they will make you face that which you hate. Haha. I personally don't like burpees because it seems like it is getting harder and harder to get up as I get older. I hate tuck jumps because I am a lowsy jumper and have a very hard time with the tuck jumps. I have a hard time with any kind of jumping actually. I can't even jump a two foot jump onto the step with 1 riser underneath so I'll be doing Plyo 2 with just the step. How humiliating is that?
I'm kind of afraid to try the one armed burpees. I thought the 2 armed ones were bad enough.

You know I'm gonna try the burpees, I'm going to put arm down first and put one lag at a time back first that way and see how it goes then I'll do it with both legs going back lol see how that goes. I understand how you feel I am scared to jump on to the step and off I mean I can jump up and off once or twice but then I'm going slow and control and only two or three because I'm afraid of twisting an ankle or something like that if I get fatigued. So I have to jump up then step down so I feel awful about it. I'm like when am I ever going to progress to jumping on and off. And really can't straddle jump off it! My legs are way to short to straddle the step anyway let alone straddle jumping but this again I jump on and straddle step down lol and hope none of my family see that I'm not as good as Cathe and Crew lol

You know I'm gonna try the burpees, I'm going to put arm down first and put one lag at a time back first that way and see how it goes then I'll do it with both legs going back lol see how that goes. I understand how you feel I am scared to jump on to the step and off I mean I can jump up and off once or twice but then I'm going slow and control and only two or three because I'm afraid of twisting an ankle or something like that if I get fatigued. So I have to jump up then step down so I feel awful about it. I'm like when am I ever going to progress to jumping on and off. And really can't straddle jump off it! My legs are way to short to straddle the step anyway let alone straddle jumping but this again I jump on and straddle step down lol and hope none of my family see that I'm not as good as Cathe and Crew lol

Check out this post from Cathe:
http://cathe.com/forum/threads/how-to-do-one-arm-burpees.298391/

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.