Please Vote For Me

I found out what the problem is. You have to "Register" to have access to the whole thread. You can create a FREE account to get registered. (I'm a little disappointed about that.) I don't remember how I came across the Precision Nutrition site, but I can tell you that I am leaner than I've ever been since starting their program. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Linda

Ok, so I registered just to be able to see your other pictures and read your story....and WOW! You are an absolute inspiration! Congratulations! Even if you don't win, you're a champion in my book!!!

Allison

Didn't know about the IP logging....

Of course with dial up you get a new IP every time you log in, with DSL you get a new IP address with every power cycle of the modem. I'll have to see what else is in Karl Rove's book of secrets....

You got my vote. You think the guy in the sauna will personally come thank me for the vote I cast for him??? }(

Linda,

Can you post your story and other pictures here for those of who are not registered? I am interested in reading your story but I don't want to sign up to another web site that I will never use.

Thanks

Yen

Another vote for you!!

You look great! I am interestedin this PN. Do they give your specific meals plans then you follow them?

Thanks

WantFit

"Become the change you want to see in the world. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Linda

I voted for you as well. Not just out of loyalty towards another Cathe fan but actually cuz I consider you to be the best of all finalists. A few of them looked down right nasty. Looking at their pictures did not bring exercise, health and fitness to my mind as yours did.

You and everyone else here provide so much inspiration for me. Thank you all and I hope to do the same for others. ( So far I am having some impact on my sister. She is beginning to work out and watch what she eats).

Penny

I reviewed and the finalists and voted for you! Good luck!

Monica

Hi WantFit,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I guess I missed your post. Yes, it is a very comprehensive program. Included is a big binder with recipes for meals, snacks, and shakes. They're really good! I'm pretty sure they have sample meal plans, but I do my own. I would highly recommend it IF you're ready to commit to it.

Linda

Hi Yen,

I'm going to try to post my story and pics. I'm not real good at this....

I was a skinny kid, but not athletic. So, it's not surprising that, in an attempt to "fill out" in high school, I became overweight. By eating too much of the wrong things and not exercising, I was in a size 13 pants by my Senior year.

When I went to college and began walking the campus (and everywhere else I went), I started shedding some weight. It was great! And so I kept losing. And losing. And losing. Eating less and less until I became anorexic (eating 300 calories a day). At my lowest, I weighed 89 lbs. fully clothed. That was NOT great! Luckily, with the help of a nutritionist, who taught me how to eat sensibly again, I pulled through that.

I stayed thin, then, through my twenties by being constantly conscious of my weight. But, I still wasn't fit; I was skinny-fat. As I approached 30 and my pants got tighter and tighter, I knew I needed to do something. I came across a book called "Fit or Fat" by Covert Bailey. It introduced me to the exercise world, and I've never looked back! I started out by jogging and using a rowing machine. My employer then had some Nautilus equipment and stationary bikes at the office that I used as well. Shortly thereafter, I moved to a small town and didn't have access to a good gym. So, I set up an exercise room at home with a treadmill, Nordic Trac, stairclimber, and free-weights. I also started doing cardio and weight-lifting videos and found that I really loved it! As for nutrition at that time, I ate very low-fat, which was really the "in" thing.

At age 39, I had my first baby. I only gained 18 lbs. while pregnant; it was AFTER my daughter was born that I had trouble getting back into pre-baby shape. The flat abs I had before just weren't returning. I needed something tougher in my exercise regimen. I ordered some "advanced" fitness videos by instructor Cathe Friedrich and they did the trick! I loved the variety and intensity she offered in both her weight-lifting and cardio routines.

Nine years later, I'm still "following" Cathe. She continues to produce fun, new, and challenging workouts. I've beefed up my home gym some with a squat rack, a weight machine (cables), medicine balls, stability ball, and more free-weights. I now workout 6 days/week, averaging 60 to 90 minutes. I'm usually following 4-week rotations that focus on particular training areas such as strength, lower/upper-body conditioning, endurance, fat-loss, etc. Cardio and weights are always in the mix, but the proportion of each varies. And now that Precision Nutrition is a part of my life, I really feel that my whole fitness "program" is complete. I'm leaner than ever (size 0) and in the best shape of my life at age 48!

Now, I don't know how to get the pictures on here. Do you?

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.