Please report your GoWear Fit results!!!

pixiesis

Cathlete
Hello! I've seen several people reporting good results in the many threads here devoted to this gadget, but I'd like to hear some updates and some more info from others about weight loss RESULTS and tips.

I ordered mine last week and should get it in the next few days. I have high hopes for this little guy to help me lose more weight. So tell me, is it working for you?

Thanks! :)

Amy

Hi Amy!

I love my GoWear Fit! I've lost 6.6 pounds in 3 weeks and I've found such workouts like Leslie Sansone can burn as much as 9-11 calories per minute for me! (more than Cathe step or other step tapes) It has been an enlighting to say the least! I love the sleep quality factor. I wear it all day, every day.......

Good luck and have fun with it! :)

Denise

I have only had mine for a week, so I'm still getting used to it and the data it collects. Wait. I should amend that because it's not the device itself that I'm still getting used to. That was instant. Most of the time I forget it's there and uploading the information is a snap. What I'm still learning is to evaluate the data and balance activity with calories (which is what I wanted it for in the first place!).

I have lost nearly 5 pounds because I am moving more -- not necessarily "exercising" more, just making sure I get up and move around when I might otherwise not have before -- and eating better. Naturally, this would be a successful combination without the little gadget, but it is telling me just what I need to do and serves as a reminder.

I down side is that I'm going to be sitting in the car for a long trip soon and my activity is going to be minimal, which is going to drive me crazy! :rolleyes:

Well, I can't post results yet because I've only been wearing it for four days.

But I can tell you that the feedback it provides is exactly what I needed to get myself back in gear. Being able to see at any given moment calorie expenditure along side calorie intake keeps my mind in the mindset needed for weight loss. I tend to obsess and before GWF, I would constantly obsess about food, food, food which would cause downward spirals like "I had one cookie so I might as well have 10 more"! Using the GWF I now obsess about my activity level and finding ways to get more bang for the buck with my food choices.

Not a GWF, exactly, but...

I got a Bodybugg on a pretty nice special. I find it a little bewildering.

My heart rate monitor tells me I burn 450 calories or so during hour-long, high-intensity workouts like iMax2 or 3, 500+ for Kick Max and KPC. Yesterday I took my dogs for a 30-minute walk and the BB said I burned 250 calories. Then I did all of KickMax and burned...300 calories. I feel like that MUST be wrong. But whatever. (For reference, I'm 5'8, age 34, work out 6 days a week, am muscular and active and ought to be blasting through jillions of calories per day. Curse those thrifty prehistoric genes).

My total calorie expenditure for the dog walk/KickMax day was pretty high (2600). On STS days I only burn about 150 calories during the workout and around 2400 for the day (which also features about 1 hour of walking).

So, it tells me that I don't burn much during my workouts, but still come out higher than I thought for the whole day (I was estimating around 2200). So I eat between 1600 and 2000 a day. Haven't lost any weight, though - I'm not really trying, at least not diet-wise, but my diet is essentially clean and vegan. It appears that I can't get away with ANYTHING, food-wise.

Like I said, bewildering. :confused:

I received mine 3/31 and have lost 10# so far, was set back one week with stress over kids graduating college and basic training but I'm back on track again.

Wow, you guys have had some amazing results! I can't wait to get started with mine. Afreet, I'll have to compare my GWF with my HRM and see if I get any weird info. Hopefully it will start making more sense soon.

Amy

Have any of you noticed that 'afterburn effect' that we always hear about that follows weight workouts? Are you burning more calories for longer after an STS workout vs. cardio?

I'd like to know if the feedback while sleeping has been any good or helped anybody? Also, is this thing any use at all without the subscription?

Thanks,
April

I've just started wearing mine. I'm a bit befuddled by the results. I always figured weight lifting was a vigorous activity. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but my STS workout today (Meso 3 wk 4 Back/Chest) showed only as 35 minutes of MODERATE activity. The graph showed calories burned per minute up to 7 per minutes but it was just small jumps.

I know there are a lot or rests between but I walk around during the rests and move the weights around. And I KNOW my HR gets way up there as I'm working to failure.

On the other hand I'm pretty amazed at how many steps I take and didn't even realize it. And my resting calorie burn was surprising as well.

I'm wondering if my calories are too low. I'm eating about 1500-1600 cal per day. I'm burning about 2200 on a weightlift day. (more on Plyo or bootcamp days I suspect -bootcamp DOES show up as vigorous) Is this too much of a deficit? I have a VERY hard time losing weight. I'm 52 post menopause, been up and down in weight most of my life and need to lose a lot.

I love the data online. I second becoming obsessive about it :D

I'd like to know the same thing as April: is the gadget "useless" without paying a monthly fee to them?

I'd like to know the same thing as April: is the gadget "useless" without paying a monthly fee to them?

Yup.

But, it is totally worth it: I've lost 4 pounds this month, without dieting, and I haven't even worked out! I was just MUCH more aware of how active I was, and what I ate knowing that this little thing was keeping track. I did get in about 10,000 steps most days, and the weekends I didn't work out, I gardened a lot.

For instance, I tracked my food, and it takes 1900 calories a day to maintain my weight of 135. I want to be 125 again, so I needed to burn 2400 calories a day to lose a pound a week. My GWF was always "tapping me on the shoulder" reminding me that I had only burned 1600 at a certain point in the day, so did I really want that extra Hershey kiss, or: shouldn't I take the stairs instead of the elevator?

Basic increased movement throughout the day can be as effective in burning calories as a Cathe DVD.

My GWF has been invaluable in making me realize that.

Do you have to have high speed internet to download it in a reasonable amount of time or would dial up work?

I'm down 6 lbs since I got my GoWearFit. I have struggled for quite some time to get my weight down. The funny thing is, I haven't been able to work out as much as I was due to a full schedule at work and school. This tool makes me so much more aware of what is going on with my body and takes all the guess work out. Days when I thought that I was burning a lot of calories I wasn't and vice versa. I'm more aware of how active I am during the day and make a point to really get up and walk around instead of sitting at my desk. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm wondering if my calories are too low. I'm eating about 1500-1600 cal per day. I'm burning about 2200 on a weightlift day. (more on Plyo or bootcamp days I suspect -bootcamp DOES show up as vigorous) Is this too much of a deficit? I have a VERY hard time losing weight. I'm 52 post menopause, been up and down in weight most of my life and need to lose a lot.

I love the data online. I second becoming obsessive about it :D

It's not recommended to exceed more then a 1000 calorie deficit (2lb per week weight loss). It's sounds like you should be okay. You may have to play around with your deficit to see what works best for you.

I've lost about 5 pounds in 5 weeks. I've found that the GWF is invaluable in providing me feedback as to how many calories I'm burning throughout the day. As others mentioned, it motivates me to get up and do something so I can get my calorie burn up for the day. I think this is a much healthier approach to losing weight than focusing on the calories-in part of it.

Sometimes I wonder how accurate it is, though. It says my STS leg workouts burn fewer calories than the STS upper body workouts do, which I find hard to believe. I wonder if having the monitor on an upper body muscle makes it overestimate my effort when I'm doing upper body weight work. But at the end of the day the number seems to be about right, so I suppose it's probably close enough.

It's not recommended to exceed more then a 1000 calorie deficit (2lb per week weight loss). It's sounds like you should be okay. You may have to play around with your deficit to see what works best for you.

Thanks for the info. My weekends are much more active. I'm in a 1200-1400 calorie deficit. I expect that will drop considerably during the work week (desk job). I was shocked that I burned over 3000 calories today. That was with a Turbo jam workout, usual chores and errands and a 2mile+ walk. yesterday was a weight workout. I wonder if that helps 'up' the burn rate. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.