Please report your GoWear Fit results!!!

I've had mine for 3 weeks and I've lost 5.5 lbs and my waist is 1 1/4" smaller. I LOVE this thing! :D

P.S. I have YET to record a single bite of food. I'm just not one to track my food intake, and as long as I'm having this much success tracking calories BURNED, I see no reason to change my strategy.

So you have to download the exercise info it accumulates into their site to know how many calories you've burned? There's no readout of its own?

So you have to download the exercise info it accumulates into their site to know how many calories you've burned? There's no readout of its own?

Correct. You can buy the arm band, but the device can only hold 3 weeks of information I think. So, after 3 weeks, the arm band would become useless because the device would no longer have the space to keep the info. It's like a computer....it can only hold so much info then it must be uploaded to hold new info!

in my opinion, its worth the $6 a month!

Have any of you noticed that 'afterburn effect' that we always hear about that follows weight workouts? Are you burning more calories for longer after an STS workout vs. cardio?

I think this is a really interesting question. I'm going to start paying attention to the calories I burn after weight vs cardio workouts and see. So far I can't say that I've seen any difference in my calories burned per day when I do weight work as compared to days that I don't do anything (except for the number of calories I burn during the actual workout). I've just started doing pure cardio stuff again, so I don't know how it compares there.

I know this may sound like a crazy question, if this device is like a little computer should't one be afraid of the radiation from it- wearing it 24 hrs a day. I think I need to research it a bit more. Otherwise sounds very interesting.

Do you have to input everything you eat? How do you manage spending all that time doing that? What if the food is homemade and you don't know exact amounts?

Thanks.

The majority of food I eat is homemade and I don't find it to be a problem. I weigh and measure most of my portions. Things like casseroles and such become a bit more challenging to enter but I approximate. I figure if I'm within a hundred calories for the day I'm good, since I try to keep my calorie deficit between 750 and 1000.

I'm pretty thorough myself but it really helps me, to make sure I eat enough.

I put everything in and track each day, but you have the option of just picking three days and averaging those three days.

There are some who don't enter anything and are seeing a benefit by just keeping track of calories burned and use the device as a motivator.

Do you have to input everything you eat? How do you manage spending all that time doing that? What if the food is homemade and you don't know exact amounts?

Thanks.

I've been tracking for quite awhile. I have a PDA with a tracking program. I also eat most everything homemade. I can also input custom items from the nutrition labels. I then just add the macros into the GWF site as a 'custom' item. It works for my purposes.

The GWF site also lets you input items like a recipe to define your own items. It seems pretty easy to do but since I already track via my PDA, I don't use it much.

If you have the display device you can read a lot of the information without uploading the armband. It displays calories, steps, minutes of activity. Not as detailed as the site, but some basic info. I have to resync mine a lot but it's not hard. Just press a button. I find the site very informative and i love the graphs. :cool:

Hi everyone,

My gym at work let us borrow a BodyBugg for a week and it was great data for me--but my biggest pet peeve about it was that it wasn't exactly discreet. It was obvious under long-sleeve clothing and when I was wearing short sleeves, people would constantly ask me what I was wearing.

Is the GWF any smaller/less noticeable than the BodyBugg? And if not, how do you minimize the constant stream of, "Hey, that's that thing on your arm??" questions??

Jennifer

Question-

It says the website has update the program where you can adjust your Met levels, Ie if it shows Moderate Activity, but you think its higher or lower you can adjust as the Met level is an average.

Has anyone done this, and if so, couldnt this skew your results? What would be the basis to change the Mets, heart rate monitor?

Just Curious, I just got one and was reading this on the web site.

Thanks
Samantha

Question-

It says the website has update the program where you can adjust your Met levels, Ie if it shows Moderate Activity, but you think its higher or lower you can adjust as the Met level is an average.

Has anyone done this, and if so, couldnt this skew your results? What would be the basis to change the Mets, heart rate monitor?

Just Curious, I just got one and was reading this on the web site.

Thanks
Samantha

I adjusted my MET levels on the vigorous. I did it a few times and it just changes the graphs and totals for that. It doesn't change the data. So if you don't like it you can just change it again. I moved mine to 5.9 from the standard 6.0 It seems to agree more with my perceived exertion. Initially it only had about 9 minutes of vigorous for STS Plyo legs!!! PUULLEEAAZE! I almost throw up on those. :eek: I moved it to 5.9 and see a more reasonable (IMHO) 19 minutes.

Last edited:
Tentative Results

I've had mine for not quite a week. So these are very early and tentative results. But I'm pretty surprised by them. Especially since I have a really, really hard time losing weight.

Initially I did everything the same for a few days. No loss. I was surprised by how many calories I was burning as I always assumed my metabolism was whacked by years of dieting at very low calories and the slowdown that happens with age.

Then I used a RMR/BMR calculator (resting and metabolic rates) and found that you should never go below this rate. Previously I was eating in the 1450-1550 calorie range. Even with calories burned > 2000 I was still NOT losing. So (and yes I've heard this time and time again but just didn't figure it meant ME lol) I upped my calories.

Now I'm just above my RMR at 1680 calories per day. I'm trying to maintain about a 1000 calorie deficit. Some days it's more (weekends for me).

Well.. I've now lost 2.5 lbs in less that 1 week. Nope not water weight. I still eat the same things. I just think I've found a system that works for me. The GWF DOES prompt me to walk more. I just like seeing the targets exceeded. Just walking in place, dancing, moving instead of standing or sitting. Walking at lunch. Whatever. It's a great little motivator. And I now know how much I'm burning. It was the missing piece. And now that I'm seeing the loss I'm even more motivated to eat super clean (tiny slips cause major setbacks for me). Hoping the trend continues.

Best $200 I ever spent. :cool:

Last edited:
Since I started this thread, I thought I should give an update. I've been using mine for 2 weeks now, and have lost 4 lbs!!!

I LOVE it and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight.

Amy

I've had mine for < 6 weeks now. It has definitely made me more aware of my activity (there were some surprises) and motivated me to move more. Using this in addition to increasing my calories has helped the scale move for the first time in a very long time. I also had a vacation in the middle. I kept active (cardio but no weight) but some of the off-plan treats jumped into my mouth :eek: I've also noticed I lose better when I combine weights and cardio. Cardio by itself... not so much.

So my results so far are 7lbs in < 6 weeks. :D

Could I have done it without the gadget? Probably. But it seems to be the motivator I needed. Plus I'm a total geek on this stuff. :p

eta: it's been < 6 weeks not < 7 as I originally thought. Even better!

Last edited:
I got mine 3/31 and have lost 17#. I could not have done it without the gowearfit making me realize how little calories I burn. My free 3 month subscription is almost up and I'm going to put it on craigslist to sell it. I think I know how hard I have to work to lose weight now.

WOW!!! You guys are some serious calorie burners. My GWF tells me that I barely burn anything. On my STS days, I get up to 1750-1800 calories. The days I get about 2200 are when I run 6-7 miles.

sleeping feedback very helpful

Hi,

I got my GWF 6 days ago and am loving it.
I find that when I get a good amount of sleep, at least 7 hrs and good quality sleep my
calorie burn is higher that day, without extra exercise.
I have lost almost 3 lbs ,easily and without starving. I am learning a lot about my
metabolism.

I think the on line subscription is worth the cost.

Cindy

I'd like to know if the feedback while sleeping has been any good or helped anybody? Also, is this thing any use at all without the subscription?

Thanks,
April

Thanks for all the feedback, ladies! Mine should arrive today, and your comments have me extremely pumped to start using it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.