Pictures of Our Boston Terrier Rescue Dog

SuzMax

Cathlete
Yesterday we decided to rescue a year and a half (almost) Boston Terrier named Chewie who has had a very rough start in life. He has been abused and has had 3 homes - all within the same "family". The first one was very short-lived. I talked DH into it by telling him that I would do whatever possible to find him a home. But DH knows how much I've wanted a Boston so when I contacted the rescue organization after we picked him up he told me that we should at least give it the week to see how it plays out with our dogs since we're on vacation this week. Bless him!

Gizmo is giving him the worst time. Gizmo is also a rescue and was very abused, having his jaw broken in two places when he was just 6 weeks old. You'd think he'd understand. :p We want all of our dogs to be happy, of course, and if it causes too much stress and Gizmo and Amber (a shelter dog) can no longer play together b/c Gizmo is being a big stick in the mud now then we will let Chewie go to a new home via the rescue, but we will keep him until they find him a home.

Attachments

• Choo Choo.jpg
    Choo Choo.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Choo Choo2.jpg
    Choo Choo2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
He looks like he is smiling!! As if to say "finally I am home" I hope he and Gizmo warm up to each other!!!

Chewie is a cutie!

(Do all Boston Terriers have that look that one eye is looking one way, and the other is looking the other? )

He looks so perfectly satisfied and home! How cute. Bless you for taking the babies in. I shan't get started on my views of people who abuse animals but they make my blood boil. I hope things calm down with the doggie struggles in your house! And I have to say this - you should be an animal photographer! I am often checking your pics for updated shots of the dogs. That is a special talent!

Well, it's only been a day and it's VERY normal for there to be some pecking order issues. I would give them a little while to work it out on their own. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they become best buds. ;)

OMG! How cute is he? Hopefully this will all work out with Gizmo. It's great that you have all week to spend helping them adjust. So sad he had such a hard start in life:( I'm sure you'll make a difference in his life whatever the outcome.

AWWWWWWWWWW....

He is the sweetest. I want one of these so bad. We have no rescues anywhere near us but I would adopt him in a second! On a side note their faces look a lot like pugs faces do.
Good luck,
Laura

Catherine - That is so funny you say that. I sent the pics to my sister last night and then I called her. She didn't know what we had done and she said, "How did Mitch do that? Where did he get the smile?" I was like WHAT? She thought that he Photoshopped a smile on Gizmo's face! :p Gizmo is brown and white.

Kathryn - No. And I felt so bad b/c originally DH's grandparents had him and DH's aunt wanted him (we don't keep in contact with them, haven't for years) and so DH's cousin bought them the brother and they would always say, "Chewie isn't right. His eyes go in different directions. And he's just not smart." It used to make me SOOOOO ANGRY to hear that. I had never met Chewie but I knew he was getting the crap beat out of him and it was just making me sick to my stomach.

Shana - DH has a photography business on the side (he's a police LT in real life). He hopes to do that after he retires in 6-11 years since he'll still be 44-48 (yes, he's 8 years younger than I am!). I'll tell him you said so. :) It's hard to get them to sit still. Gizmo won't sit. That's why his Christmas picture has him looking like he's had too much bourbon!

He's adorable! I love Boston Terriers. I almost adopted one but he scared the crap outta toothless old Cosmo (it was rather funny watching that 90 lb dog being chased around by a 25 lb scamp ;)).

Your dogs will get used to each other. It took Max months before he'd even let Penny near the couch. We had some pretty ugly scuffles too. You know it's funny--I called Barkbusters after one particularly ugly fight, he came out & told me the 2 dogs would never get along & I should find Penny another home. Wouldn't you know it's the last fight they had?

It'll work out. Just give it patience & keep some paper bags around--I don't know about you but I hyperventilated slightly after my pups' scuffles. :eek:

Gayle - Isn't he just the cutest thing you've ever seen? He's just discovered his reflection in the fireplace glass. :)

Liann - I know. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet. I have to convice DH to give it awhile too...longer than the week that we are off. He just feels really bad for Gizmo and doesn't want him stressed out. And he feels bad that Gizmo and Amber aren't playing now. But it's all so new.

Laura - That's funny! And funny about the paper bags. Chewie and Gizmo can both be on the couch together sleeping right next to each other (part of our problem, I'm sure, according to Cesar Millan for letting them on the couch in the first place!). It's mostly when Amber and Chewie want to play the "Fun Police" puts an immediate stop to it. As Chewie gets more comfortable we'll have to watch for the fights with Gizmo and him. Gizmo did give Chewie a pretty big What For today and Chewie ran and jumped up on the couch and hid behind me. So maybe he knows his place in the pecking order.

He is adorable Suz!!

I can't offer you any behavioral advice. I know in the boxer world, I've been told females hold grudges. So if two females get into a fight, they usually always fight.
I would love to add a 3rd fur kid, but hold back because my male is extremely dominant. My female is submissive. My two make the perfect pair. I think a third would be challenging.
Can you call your vet for some advice?

Good luck!
He is a cutie:)

Suz , sure hope Gizmo warms up to him soon, for you! We had a Boston Terrier when I was a kid, his name was Petey. Chewie looks just like him, very cute! Brings back lots of memories!

OMG! I had to cover my mouth to stifle my laughing. What amazing pictures!!!! Take good care of that baby...he looks like he's going to bring you lots of joy and entertainment.

DH's cousin bought them the brother and they would always say, "Chewie isn't right. His eyes go in different directions. And he's just not smart."

Oh, that's so mean!

Sounds to me like the 'not smart' ones were the ones who had him before.:mad:

(I wonder if he got brain damage from being hit when he was young?:(:mad:

Last edited:
Hi there Suz,

That is one adorable doll baby! I love his eyes, he is so cute. Gizmo, I'm glad he's the top notch dog, he deserves it.

My sister has a Boston Terrier, and her doggie is sick. She was sprayed by a skunk and hasn't been the same since. She is going down hill everytime I talk with my sissy. She's taken her to the vet many times, and still don't know what the problem could be.

Take care of that special little one.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Awww, Suz, Gizmos is a cutie...I hope the "pack" issues work themselves out quickly. Make sure they all know that you're the alpha!

Kathryn - My Boston Terrier, Chelsea, had eyes that could look like they were going in different directions at times. They usually took on that look when she was wound up. I think it's the fact that they have somewhat "bulgie" eyes to begin with, and light/white haws (that inner eye lid) that emphasize that appearance.

Rascal (Boxer) has one light haw, and a lot of people will ask "what's wrong with his eye"?

Last edited:
I love all dogs, but Bostons are my favorite. <3 I wish you guys much luck and hope all works out with the 3 babies. :)

Janie, I hope your sister's dog recovers soon! Poor baby.

Gayle - I did go look at a bunch of pics of Boston's and some of them do have eyes that look off in different directions. :) So he's not a freak!

Janie - I'm sorry about your sister's dog. I hope they figure out what's wrong with her soon. :(

I've attached a new picture of him with Amber. I think he's pretty happy here. :D

Attachments

• AmberChooChoo.jpg
    AmberChooChoo.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 6

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.