Pictures of Our Boston Terrier Rescue Dog

Awwwwww, that is such a cute picture of Amber and Chewie!!! I hope you get to keep Chewie.

I had issues for months with my female alpha-dog after she had her puppies (and we kept two of them) all over sudden she kept attacking another dog of our pack and those were some pretty nasty fights. The two puppies would play rough with each other and poor Scooter wanted to play with them or break it up when it got too rough and Pepper would attack him every single time and she is feisty :eek: It took several months, I got bit twice trying to break them up and lots of hard work to get them to straighten out their issues. Now they are getting along just fine.

While we were working on those issues, neither one of them was allowed on the couch or the bed, I took Pepper and Scooter for long walks together, both on the same side. After a while I could read their body language and recognized the problem before the two of them went into red zone and interfered before by saying "ah-ah" or "no" in a very stern voice and pulling them away from each other. If I couldn't interfere early enough and they already got into a scuffle or fight I just dumped cold water on them to break them up (that was after I had been bitten twice trying to pull them apart) and rolled both of them over in a submissive position.

When I had to leave the house I had Pepper and Scooter either in seperate rooms or locked up in their kennels.

I haven't had a dog fight in several months. It sometimes takes a while to work out those issues but it is worth it. Keep us posted on how your pack is doing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.