outgoing or homebody

kariev

Cathlete
which one are you? i find that i'm a homebody. i'll make plans with a group of friends and then i always end up cancelling because the bottom line is i'd much rather relax at home with my hubby. I just don't feel like going out. I feel guilty but i was never one to go and hang out. I don't even really like going to restaurants.

Homebody! I'd much rather stay at home or even just run around town, grocery shopping or doing errands with hubby than making elaborate plans..........He is the same way that is why we are so good for each other! :)

Denise

I'm somewhere in between. I have a small circle of friends whom I like spending time with and going out with. I also need lots of healthy solitude and time with my loved ones at home.

Homebody fo sure. With working, having two kids and a hectic life during the work week, I like staying at home on weekends, watching cartoons with my boys and playing board games and drinking some wine with the hubby at night. Plus, we save so much more money that way, lol.

I find I don't like being in a crowd of people. If I go out, I like it to be just a few people. I don't know. Plus, I am a little cheap (well, I like to say frugal). I can't stand blowing money on a night out. I just think about what else the money could have been used for. With two boys under the age of 5, someone always needs something.

Kristin

Right now I'd have to say HOME!!!! Although most people that know me would say outgoing. Between my people- oriented job and all the committments with my kids I am hardly ever home. My ideal night is being home in comfy sweats reading a book and not having to talk to anyone.

I would say both!

I love my house and being at home with DH and DS, but I also love to travel, go out to dinner and get together with friends. It's all good! :D

Homebody, for sure.

Sometimes I wish I were a little more outgoing, but I'm perfectly content with being a homebody.

I am both!

I have a lot of close friends and I belong to a few groups (like Book Club, Bunco, PTA, etc) and we get together quite a bit. But I LOVE to be home, in my sweats/jammies with my kiddos. I talk on the phone a bit with some of my closest friends, and enjoy a good book in my comfy chair. I used to be a total homebody, not wanting to go anywhere, but then I found I was hiding behind my kids and only went places that involved my kids (that's natural, yes, but I went out of my way to avoid going places that didn't include/involve kids). So I've worked on getting out there more, and I've made myself a solid promise that if I make plans with friends, I do NOT CANCEL unless it's an absolute emergency.

I'm happy with it, and that's what counts, right?

Gayle

Homebody. I love seeing my friends but DH and I are most content sitting together in front of the wood stove, or putzing around the house, me doing my thing, him doing his thing, knowing the other person is within calling distance. :)

I think a lot can depend on whether or not you're single or have a family at home. When you have a family to take care of, you're priorities are different....unless you need to get away from them! :p I'm single and always had the hardest time finding friends to do things with. I enjoyed staying home but definitely wanted to meet friends and do things especially on the weekends and maybe one or two nights during the week. I finally found a group of people who were very active so I could be out as often as I'd like in any given week. Several months ago, I had a reaction to an injection and have not recovered. During this time, I've had no desire to get together with other people. Sometimes one or two people is o.k. but even that's become rare for me. Right now, socializing is too much of an effort so I'd rather just stay home.

Bam

Definitely a homebody, DH is the same also. When I was younger I use to like to travel but not anymore.

When we go on vacation everyone always asks "Oh where did/are you going?" when I say we just stay home and do stuff around the house, sometimes I get this funny look :rolleyes:

But that's the way we like it :cool:

my hubby is a homebody too. we don't have children YET but with both of us working and busy throughout the week, we like to spend quality time together at home on the weekends. I have a lot of friends that always have plans doing stuff. sometimes i feel guilty that i'm not more outgoing and do more but i guess we are all different.

The older I get the more selective I am. I love to be home, but with a few selected good friends (not all at once) I like to go out out to a special diner and for a few cocktails.

do you guys feel pressured to go out by others? i just started a new job and the people i work with constantly want to meet for happy hour but this is not me at all. i hate the whole seen and after working a 9 hour day and not getting off till 6pm i just want to go home to my hubby and have some dinner. why do people have to hound me to go out. its not like im going to make or break the get together.

Count this girl as a Homebody. I would much rather stay in & rent a movie in my jammies & comfy couch than go out. Didn't used to be that way - maybe it comes with age ???

I'm a homebody to a fault. My brother recently told me that he knows when they make plans with me there's a good chance I'll cancel. My office has get-togethers at a bar or restaurant sometimes to celebrate some event, and I have yet to go to a single one in 7 years! I don't think it's a good thing, but I "recharge" at home, and given my stressful job, I need a lot of recharging.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.