Nourishing Gurus

Thank you for introducing the Gurus to us. I listened to the webcast and decided to join the Mega Energy program to finally get my nutrition heading in the right direction. I have the exercise part down but sadly my diet is sabotaging my efforts. I also have been diagnosed with arthritis in my hip so it is imperative to focus on the "inflammation" factor as well. Plus adding the transition from peri-menopause to menopause to the mix makes it even more important to get my eating under control. While much of the information I heard wasn't new, it is the support and accountability of the program that I'm looking for.

I signed up too. I've started having big problems with inflammation and I know it must be my diet. I'm looking forward to learning more through the Gurus! I'm sure this will solve a host of problems for me.

Susan

anybody else from here sign up? I am on the fence, want to make sure I will be able to stick with the program.

I will when I can afford to. But right now I have so many bills out now we are so thin I don't think I can pay not even one more thing! So once I get caught up again I am very much interested cause I am having my arthritis flare up again all over! And my feet hurting again my back wrist I can go on and on! Lol But anyway I need this and think nutrition is better then meds first in combating anything. Then when all else fails meds. Plus 45 I may be pre menopause ?

Thank you for introducing the Gurus to us. I listened to the webcast and decided to join the Mega Energy program to finally get my nutrition heading in the right direction. I have the exercise part down but sadly my diet is sabotaging my efforts. I also have been diagnosed with arthritis in my hip so it is imperative to focus on the "inflammation" factor as well. Plus adding the transition from peri-menopause to menopause to the mix makes it even more important to get my eating under control. While much of the information I heard wasn't new, it is the support and accountability of the program that I'm looking for.
Hi NinjaMom,

Do you have the link to the webcast?

Thanks,

Fitness Friend,
Teals

How do you know if you have a lot of inflammation? Is it from general pain and discomfort, or blood test results, or something else?

Stebby

How do you know if you have a lot of inflammation? Is it from general pain and discomfort, or blood test results, or something else?

Stebby

They discuss this in the phone call, but it can manifest in an amazing variety of ways...digestion problems, joint pain, headaches, catching every cold possible (depressed immune system), low energy, etc. hope that helps!

This sounds interesting and I'm tempted. I just wish there was a little more information before signing up. I saw that one of the reviewers mentioned something about a "cleanse". I wonder what that is. I definitely am not interested in any kind of juice cleanse or fast. Does anyone know about this?

I totally agree. I listened to the call and am very impressed with their knowledge about nutrition. However, there is very little information about what happens in the 21 days. Cleanse? no thanks. I do know that there are only 2 calls, the initial one, and possibly one at the end to wrap things up.

Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in doing this program, but I have a question: Is the idea that we all do the plan together, at the same time, over the month of November?

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in doing this program, but I have a question: Is the idea that we all do the plan together, at the same time, over the month of November?

Thanks,
I believe so. I listened to the call but I'm on the fence due to having to due it on their time. I ask if this will be available all the time and they said no. They are offering it now and then maybe after the new year and at a different price, which to me sounded like more money. So, I still don't know if I will do this. I'm trying a few of their recipes from the website, but they don't have any nutritional breakdown.

It's my understanding that anyone that signs up for this October start, will do it together for the 21 days. The Facebook page will be where we can talk about what our questions are, how it is going etc. If you miss any calls, ( I only know that there are 2 for sure) they will be recorded for those that cannot make it live.

I just wish we had more info on the process itself, eg, is there a "cleanse" in the true sense of the word?

They discuss this in the phone call, but it can manifest in an amazing variety of ways...digestion problems, joint pain, headaches, catching every cold possible (depressed immune system), low energy, etc. hope that helps!

Thanks, Trixoo! I have developed digestion problems recently and have had occasional joint pain and low energy. I have signed up for the program as I definitely need a change.

Stebby

I am on the fence also. I have the workouts down, but I definitely need to change the way I eat. I am 47 and what use to work for me, no longer does. Since I was not sure what you can eat on this program and being a very picky eater and having very limited time to start a complete overhaul, spending the money would help me stick to it, but also not a good time for the extra expense...I emailed the gurus and this is what they told me about the 2nd call & the program:

"It will be to go over the materials and answer questions (as many as we have time for). This call will also be recorded and any questions we don't get to we will answer on the Facebook page.

As far as the food protocol goes, we are not using super exotic recipes, just more along the lines of clean eating - no processed foods, no sugar and none of the most common food sensitive foods (gluten, dairy, soy, corn, peanuts, eggs). You can still eat chicken, fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruit and more. We are going to show you how to keep it as simple as possible.
The beauty of the program is that the Facebook page allows us to help you along the way if you need it. We want you to feel comfortable before taking this step, so please feel free to email us back if you have any further questions."

Hope this info helps. I was very impressed with their knowledge and friendliness on the 1st call. I want to do it, but still undecided.

anybody else from here sign up? I am on the fence, want to make sure I will be able to stick with the program.

I signed up. I'm looking forward to it. You can listen in on the phone call which is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 30th at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time. I emailed both of the Gurus about my problem & they gave very helpful information. I like the fact that its gluten, dairy & sugar free. Can't wait to view the materials.

Kathy

Last edited:
I'm glad to see more Cathletes are joining the program. I am really looking forward to starting this on Monday. Stephanie and Jane have been amazing so far, answering questions very quickly and they really know their stuff! I just received the introduction packet (its a download that you can read on your computer or print out) but I haven't read it completely yet. The intro discusses things like toxins in the body, importance of gut bacteria, food sensitivities, acceptable protein powders, benefits of specific foods & spices, and a guide on how to follow the program. We will get help with meal plans, shopping list, recipes, food makeovers/substitutions and more. The private FB page is a huge plus as we can go there to ask questions, get support & encouragement etc..

I'll try to answer a few questions that have been brought up:

There is no cleanse. You will need to drink a cup warm water with fresh lemon juice before meals to assist with digestion. I've already started that and has made a big difference with bloating.

You will need to give up food known for sensitivity like sugar, dairy, gluten, peanuts, eggs, soy, corn and all processed foods. You are allowed one cup of organic coffee but they would prefer you drink green tea & the lemon water.

I don't believe the recipes will include nutritional information but you could always go to SparkPeople and use their recipe calculator if that is important to you. They are not into counting calories but more learning to eat intuitively.

Yes, the program starts on Monday 11/3 and we go through it all together. We will have another telecast this Thursday to over the materials and ask questions. Also, they are available anytime on the FB page and respond very quickly.

If you listened to the first telecast, you learned about eating slowly and the importance of chewing A LOT as it relates to digestion.. That is going to take some work on my part.

I have to be honest and say that I'm a bit nervous about having to give up some of my favorite things: Greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, eggs but I figure its only 21 days....Right?!

During the initial phone call, they said that you slowly add back food and one at a time. Which makes sense because then you know if you have any food issues.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.