Not sold on the streaming subscription

apple composite will stream from ipad to old tv.

It Works YEAHHH.

So, incase anyone has an ipad with an older tv, I plugged my ipad in with my apple composite cable, and it streams. So happy.

Melissa

Hi Curt,

I have a Samsung smart tv and a wifi network. I also have a blu ray player that connects to the Internet. Can I use either the tv or the blu ray player to stream? Do I need an extra device to stream if I use the tv?

Roku

Very doubtful we will ever cut a deal with Roku, but never say never. Usually services like this are only interested in major movies and Tv shows, not a streaming service like we do. I also imagine it's very difficult and takes a long time to get paid from services like Roku and probably not economically feasible for us.

The world is changing quickly in internet to consumer TV, so who knows what the future will bring. Apple still hasn't played its hand yet and Google is still just beginning to enter this field. Though services like Hulu and Roku are really nice, just not sure if it will ever make sense for us to use these services as it would be doubtful we could make enough money to make what we do profitable. The nice thing is, we really don't need a distribution network to deliver our content as we can do it ourselves.

Hello UNLVCrjChick and loneswaneast,

As far as the Samsung smart tv and the blue ray player, the key would be if they have a built-in web browser. Since every manufacturer has its own interface, operating system, etc., for its smart tvs (and even different systems for different models), there is no way for us to know if your tv supports a browser, but I am sure if you did a search for your model number you could find that out easily enough. If it does, it would really be as simple as going to our website on your tv, logging into your account, and playing the videos. Hope this helps a bit, but the key is finding out if your smart tv has a web browser built in.

And loneswaneast, I'll chime in a bit with the Roku answer. While we more than likely will never be one of the main icons on the Roku screen, just like with the smart tv answer above, if Roku ever decides to put a web browser into their interface, then that will be all you need to view our videos on there, too. Bug Roku to do this...maybe they will respond to the pleas!

SNM

Though I too am weary about purchasing at this time, I want to add that I feel this is a very smart move on Cathe's part. She is a savvy business woman and is looking at the easiest way to give viewers more access to her through her gym.

I am going to start with the $9.97 a month. I do wish it could have been $7.97 more in line with Netflix' monthly costs. But again, she is a savvy business woman and we love her and will flock to her.

Thanks!

I'll just chime in with my limited experience with the test videos. The only way I could get them to play on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro was to sideload the Flash .apk. Otherwise, the video loading icon just continued to spin without accomplishing anything. It did not ever recognize that I was using a mobile device, apparently, which it seems it should do since people are able to play the videos on iPads which do not have Flash (and that probably exhausts the limits of my knowledge in that arena!).

I tried a number of times to view the test videos through the browser on my Samsung SmartTV and the video would not move past the "needs Flash Player screen."

For reasons other than Cathe streaming, I purchased a Samsung AllShare Cast Wireless Hub yesterday. With that, I am able to cast the test video from the tablet to the TV. It's a way to get the system to work, but an expensive one if Cathe streaming is all one was going to use it for. Of course, there are also wired options to use between the tablet and TV, but the MHL adapters are not inexpensive, either.

I'm not in the market to subscribe to the service, but wanted to test out the capabilities of the devices I have for future reference. I am posting in case any of this information is helpful to someone.

Hi NancyAZ,

We are working on this with Ustream right now. For some reason their player is not recognizing the user agent as being mobile for devices such as the original iPad, some Android tablets, Kindle Fires, some smart TVs and PlayStations. We are working out a solution to help avoid this issue.

I will look into the Samsung AllShare...this could be another option for people who do not want to use Chromecast or AppleTV. Thanks for posting the information!

Hi again NancyAZ,

We did some research on the Samsung smart TVs and found that there is a firmware update for some Samsungs that will fix the issue with the outdated or missing version of Flash. You might want to look on Samsung's support site if you are interested in updating your TV. I'd be curious to know whether this enables our videos to play correctly on it after the update. Unfortunately we can't have samples of every device in here to test on...try as I might to get that to happen! :)

Hi again NancyAZ,

We did some research on the Samsung smart TVs and found that there is a firmware update for some Samsungs that will fix the issue with the outdated or missing version of Flash. You might want to look on Samsung's support site if you are interested in updating your TV. I'd be curious to know whether this enables our videos to play correctly on it after the update. Unfortunately we can't have samples of every device in here to test on...try as I might to get that to happen! :)

I will certainly check to see whether I have a firmware update in the wings and let you know one way or the other. Thanks!

ETA: I did have a Samsung firmware update that I installed, as well as a browser update. Neither made a difference as far as being able to play the test videos. It still sits on the Flash update screen. If it helps, here is my info.

Browser: VER.SGR0043.SGR0126.F0319E
TV: Current Version 002001
TV Model: BN68-04027A-03

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. We are discussing with Ustream methods for having devices like yours recognized as "mobile" by their player, and having the exact model helps them.

Are you only able to view the "Live" workouts at the time they are doing them? I just subscribed but it says content is unavailable at this time. I am not sure if I am supposed to be able to view Live" now or only at the time she does them. Totally confused :(

Thank you
Linda

Are you only able to view the "Live" workouts at the time they are doing them? I just subscribed but it says content is unavailable at this time. I am not sure if I am supposed to be able to view Live" now or only at the time she does them. Totally confused :( Thank you Linda

Linda,
Not Cathe, but I think if you tap on the video link to the right of the black box, the older live classes should show up.
Melissa

Watching Cathe Live Archived Videos

You can view the Cathe Live videos anytime you like. Just make sure the video tab to the right of the Cathe Live player is selected and then click on the small screen shot of the archived video you would like to watch

I went and bought a Chromecast yesterday and installed it on my tv. I found the clips of Cathe Live on You Tube and it streamed to the tv. But I cannot figure out how to get the actual workouts from Cathe Live or Cathe on Demand to stream (the Chromecast icon doesn't appear) Am I supposed to do it through something like You Tube? I couldn't find them on there.

Thanks once again for any help!

I went and bought a Chromecast yesterday and installed it on my tv. I found the clips of Cathe Live on You Tube and it streamed to the tv. But I cannot figure out how to get the actual workouts from Cathe Live or Cathe on Demand to stream (the Chromecast icon doesn't appear) Am I supposed to do it through something like You Tube? I couldn't find them on there. Thanks once again for any help!

I'm just guessing here. But I think that you need to use the Google Chrome browser. It's available on almost all devices. What device are you using to control the Chromecast?

I downloaded Google Chrome yesterday . I thought may be what was wrong...but it didn't change anything. So strange. It works for other things but not Cathe's in Demand (other than clips)

Thank you very much for all of you help! Hopefully, I will eventually get it to work lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.