New Video Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cathe!!

I love the all step video idea and the push pull idea too!! My favorite all time step move is pendulms! Those are so much fun!! I also really like that new repeater that you do in the Intensity Series.
The only other thing I would like to see you do, is one, another tape in the same format as BodyMax. I love that tape!!! That would be great.
I love the ideas, but for those of us who are advanced and wouldn't want the intro tape, would we still have to buy it if you sell as a set?? Or are all 3 tapes going to be sold seperately??

Thanks for giving us awesome workout videos!!

Aimee

I think all of the videos sound great! I'm also not sure I'd be interested in an "intro" video. Maybe you could make an advanced video with your usual complex choreography but have a couple of highly visible background exercisers showing modifications. It would have something for everyone: less complicated moves with which "newbies" could start, but the usual fare for advanced exercisers who are familiar with your style. Thanks for continually including us in your creative process. You're a gem!

I just had to jump in again to second some of these wonderful ideas :). Putting the "Intro to Cathe" tape on DVD with some of your older cardios that aren't on DVD yet is a fantastic idea.

I love the "pump repeater" you used in the ISeries, please include that move again.

Another circuit type of video for the fourth video is a good idea too. Kickbox (on and off the step) with circuits - makes me drool just thinking about it, LOL.

Hi Cathe! I have been working out with you for about 3 months now and I continue to LOVE it. Your new ideas sound great!

I am not wild about the Intro to Cathe workout, because you keep these workouts forever and do them forever. Even though I was new to your workouts I just purchased the ones I really wanted and worked hard to learn them. If a workout is broken down too much, it is kind of a pain to keep doing. A suggesstion would be to include a chapter on the DVD or at the end of the video where you break down the moves, but during the actual workout you teach it like normal. I can understand why you want to do the Intro tape, beacause like me there are a lot of new people who have recently discovered you!

I love the Push/Pull idea.

I like the stylized stip idea.

I would love a hi/lo workout that incorporates kickboxing, floor, and step, but step isn't a total must as all you other tapes have step. I liked the ideas that others posted about the hi/lo being in the style of say BodyMax.

Thanks for continuing to make awesome workouts! I am having so much fun!
Angela:7

Wow! More DVD's? This is terrific. Cathe, I was a former Firmie, but hated that very little was available on DVD. I found your workouts when I went looking for DVD workouts. I tried Pure Strength, and within a week, I was back here ordering more. :) I guess everyone else here can relate.. I now have your whole library. I enjoy your DVD's so much more than anything I've done on VHS, and I get a much better workout. I'm so glad that the other company didn't have much in the way of DVD, so that I *had* to find you.

Since I'm "new" to your step workouts, I'd be interested in the intro tape. I have 2 left feet and could use the added instructions. I wouldn't want that to be a less intense workout, I'd just like to learn the footwork so I don't keep injuring myself on the living room furniture <g>.

I absolutely LOVE all the weighted workouts and am voting for the PUSH/PULL one. That sounds terrific! This week I broke the seal on Slow & Heavy, and am really enjoying it.

Someone mentioned an all core work tape, I'd vote for that too. And I saw a separate thread for a killer leg workout, with floor work. That would be another, I'd just have to own. Of course I'd probably buy them all. <g>.

~Audrey

Hi Cathe,

I haven't read all of the replies in their entirety but would personally would like to see you move away from "killer" style workouts that cater to a smaller percentage of exercisers. Cathe, you have a real talent in this field and although you have given us all amazing, results-oriented workouts, I think your idea of a production catering to "new to Cathe" folks is great. Everyone should benefit from your talents!

I vote for the Core workout and more workouts in general that focus on stability training and balance. These are fitness components I hate to do on my own, and following a video from a competent instructor would be a most welcomed change.

What happens with me is that the more workouts you make that are similar in fashion, the less they get used or I don't make it a point to gravitate back to the old ones. Something completely different from your normal style, but still fits into your comfort zone, will get my vote.

-Roe

I love the "Push-Pull" idea. Please make the weights super heavy so we who like to "bulk up" and flex our muscles can do so!

You are the best Cathe! I will buy whatever you produce. I've never been disappointed!

Linda

Hi Cathe,

1. STYLIZED STEP: I Love Rhythmic Step, so this sounds great!!

2. PUSH/PULL: Love the gym-style workout idea!

3. INTRO TO CATHE: Some of my favorite moves are rhythmic L's, up-jack/down-jack, and power horses. But I would appreciate if the presale discount had a package NOT including this one.

4. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: I LOVE the idea of a travel workout that has been mentioned by others!!! Something with either no equipment or just resistance bands. Vacations always make me so nervous b/c I know I will get out of my routine. And if it could be LOWER IMPACT BUT INTENSE:9 , that would be PERFECT. Sometimes the high impact really gets my knees, and I know others have had similar problems. That would make it a very versatile workout, and something different from anything else you have done.

Thanks so much for asking for our input!

Cathe,

I like all three ideas. With the Push/Pull, could it be made so that I could split it over two days, if I need? I find the PS series great for a three-day split, but a short two-day split would be great.

For a fourth tape, I'd like to see a 50- to 60-minute strength/flexibility tape with most of the work on the floor (i.e.matwork), possibly emphasizing isometric and yoga-style work. When I'm not feeling energized, I can often trick myself into doing a workout that is mostly lying down, even if it is a killer!

You have a great floor leg workout in the PS series, good ab routines all over, and you certainly know how to do push ups! :) Add some yoga-inspired strength and flexibility work, and it could be a well-rounded workout. As others have suggested, if this uses minimal equipment (say, a medicine ball and ankle weights?), it would be a good travel routine.

Thanks for asking our opinion!

Eileen

Hi Cathe!

I would like to see a 60 min cardio similar to 10-10-10 format. I get bored w 60 min of same thing like hi/lo or kickbox. I love your 10-10-10 tape! I never get bored! I would also like to see a complete body workout(similar to C and W) w floor work. Lots of tough abs and core work and butt work. I think the Intro to Cathe workout is a good idea to reach a more diverse group. Many people want to try you out but are afraid! It could also be used for a lighter day or when you are sick. I would also love a pregnancy video since I am trying to get pregnant! Push/Pull sounds great too. I love weight workouts!

I am SO excited that you are going to do more tapes. I would love to see more strength tapes, the push/pull sounds great. I also would love to see more kickboxing style tapes. Another tape similar to Bootcamp would be awesome. Would also love a tape that really puts a HEAVY focus on the back of the legs.

Thanks for letting us all share our ideas.
Jessica

Cathe:

This is what I love.

I love Rythmic Step and I love Cardio and Weights. Great step action!!! They have creative moves that are really fun!!!!

I love all the core work. It is a great thing!!

I would rather see you do a Pilates video than a Yoga video. Yoga, with its religious overtones is not for everyone. Pilates is a better pick for everyone, in my opinion.

Rebound moves are good and fun. Hate over the step moves but I think it is because I am short.

Too, let me add that I love all your work. Haven't met a video of yours I didn't like!! Thanks for keeping up in shape.

Sharon

Hi Cathe! This may have already been suggested, but I would love to see a sports oriented tape with moves taken from the training regimes of althelic teams - i.e. football, track & field, basketball, martial arts. I think this could be a great "kick your butt" workout.

Thanks for listening! Lynn :)

I am thinking exactly along the same lines as Laura - I too would love sort of a CTX 2 - shorter cardios, and a heavy single body part section tacked on (more strength, less endurance type weight work). These would fit in very well with the popular BFL or BodyRx type diets which emphasize shorter, more intense cardio and really heavy weight work...I know this isn't really the plan for the new vids, but it seems that many Cathe fans on these diets are trying to "fit in" your workouts to work with the programs. Also, I'm with Laura on Cardio Kicks 2 or another circuit workout... totally!!
I think an Intro workout is a great idea, but I probably wouldn't buy it (that would be a 1st for me - I buy every workout you make, Cathe!) I just don't feel the need for it, personally...BUT, the Push/Pull sounds like another brilliant addition to you weight workwork collection.
As for another pure step, I know I'd buy it, but I'd love to see more of a mix (sort of a 10/10/10 style or Circuit Max or BootCamp type workout) - I'd like to balance out all the steps tape I own with more variety.

Cathe, we love you...you are such a n incredible role model for your fans and the IS series is pure genius, so I'm sure whatever you decide will be great; but what a unique and refreshing approach that you actually ask US what we'd like! You have been a part of my daily life for years and I've never really thanked you for all you do!! You are AWESOME, lady!!

Robin

This is great news! Can't wait to tell my husband when he gets home...he and the boys are going to have to live through my endless talk about checking the site for updates, behind-the-scenes pics, shipping dates, etc!

1. More kickbox...CardioKicks is still a regular for me.

2. Love, love Boot Camp/circuit-style stuff.

3. Lots of core work. Even though I've got the stretch marks, my abs are definately improved!

4. Another Terminator-type mix of the new workouts.

5. Love the idea of the push/pull being all in one workout.

6. IMAX 3!

7. Already looking forward to the bonus pre-mixes!

The whole set is already purchased in my mind!
Thanks so much, and God's blessings to you.
CinDee

I am so excited-especially for the Push/Pull workout. I would love to see a kickboxing workout, a new IMAX-type workout or a Circuit Max style workout.

Hi Cathe,
I would love more work with the stability ball. I am making progress
with the ball and I enjoy the challenge. I would like to use it more in my ab routine. Your Videos are the best! I can't wait to preorder your new ones. I feel like I have a personal trainer.

Thank You,
Susan Griffin

:)

Hi Cathe, Im so glad that your coming out with a whole new series. I can't wait. My CC is ready for preorder. I like the push/pull suggestion. I have always excerise doing weights, running, biking, ect., but when I found your site and got most of your dvd I just can't seem to get away because im having too much fun!! So what ever you make will be great;-). I would like to see another kickbox and another MIC.

:)

Please add me to the list of people who would love to have an "intro to Cathe Video".

I love your pure weight tapes but struggle with the step tapes because I did not "start out" with Cathe and I am such a klutz. This is a wonderful idea. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.