New Fitness by Cathe Product: Step Shox

tiletha444

Cathlete
Has anyone tried the Altus Athletic Fitness by Cathe Step Shox for Cardio Club Step? The riser pads are supposed to provide shock absorption while doing step aerobics. I ordered them from Walmart.com ($9.77), so they should be here within the week.

I'm interested and will be checking this out. Is the $9.77 for two of them?

Thanks for letting us know.

Janie

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of them, but just ordered them from Amazon!
Thanks for posting about them.

On the Amazon page there are two sizes -small and large. What is the difference in these? Which one fits the black club step?

On the Amazon page there are two sizes -small and large. What is the difference in these? Which one fits the black club step?
From looking at the pictures, it looks like the 'small' fits those mini steps and the 'large' fits the regular-sized 'club' step.

I would really like to know if there is any great benefit from using these, as well. It doesn't look like much cushion and it seems to me that the step has pretty much shock absorption as it is...??? But I have been known to be wrong;):p:confused::)

I just ordered mine from Amazon. As soon as I get them, I'll let you know if I notice any difference.

Yeah, I looked at this and I'm not all that impressed by it. It looks like a fitness tool to get if you are looking for ways to spend your money but is in no way essential. Of course, this may depend upon how many step workouts you want to do per week and what state your knees are in. But I am' healthy and never do more than 1 per week anyway, so I am passing on this one. Id rather spend the money on 3 lattes!

Clare

I would like to know if this adds any height to the step. ?? I often wish for 1 inch risers. Some days 8 in. seems hard on my back but 6 in. seems too easy.
~~Debbie~~

yes, I would like to hear how they work with a high impact step workout but with the new series, the need to absorb shock might be minimal.

I'm thinking these may also be good to use when using the High Step, to remove the bit of 'wiggle' that the risers have when they are stacked taller.

I just recently started doing more step after putting it away for more than a year due to knee issues. Anything that can help absorb the shock at such a great price is worth a try for me. I couldn't find it on amazon. Can anyone share the link?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.