My Mom passed away

jonahnah

Cathlete
I'm at her funeral this weekend. She actually passed away last Saturday but I didn't post it as it helped to have a place to come where I could briefly set aside my overwhelming grief & think about something else besides how terribly much I miss her. :(

She turned 85 just 2 weeks ago. She'd been seriously ill and died unexpectedly of heart failure. I'm in Buffalo now w/ my Dad (his 84th bday was yesterday) and my 8 brothers and sisters.

My mom loved arranging flowers, cake decorating and had an awesome sense of humor right up to the very end. She adored chocolate (like mother, like daughter!) and her family.

My Dad is hanging in there now, but has a lot of tough days and nights ahead. He's been caring for her for months and the toll shows.

Any cyber support would be much appreciated.

Thanks Cathe friends.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad you are all together remembering the good things. Prayers to you and your family.
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Michelle

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Its never easy to lose a family member even when logically we know they are critically ill and have lived a full life. Just remind yourself that she is in a better place and does not have to suffer and be ill anymore. She will always be with you in your heart.

Jonahnah,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your mom sounded wonderful. ((hugs)) during this difficult time.

That's so sad, and must be so very hard for you and your family. I'm very sorry, and I join with the others in sending ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and also good vibes your way!

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. Please take care of yourself and know that thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom!! Losing a parent is very, very tough. I lost my mom a few years back. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Very Sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard to lose a family member. Both of my parents are getting old as well (my dad will be 84 this year, Mom is 70) It's scary. I lost a sister to cancer at age 36 and I too, am from a large family. I am the youngest of 7 children. Hang in there and keep your family close. It's amazing the support structure you will find for each other.

(((Jonahnah)))) I'm so sorry! I know how heartbreaking this is. Please know that we're thinking of you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Sending lots of hugs your way.

ellie

Joan, so sorry about your mom's passing. Mine passed away in January, and it has been so hard. Sending you lots of (((hugs))) and comforting thoughts to you and your family. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk or need a shoulder. More ((((hugs)))).

I know how you are feeling. I remember losing my mom 10 years ago. I'm so sorry about your loss, but the good news is that the pain will subside. Hopefully your family will help get you through this difficult time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.