McDonalds is evil.....

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Why does it have to be so good?!!

We have been eating clean for about a month now (my DH and I) and working out. I am down 7 pounds and I threw it all out the window this afternoon without so much as a thought as to whether or not I should. Of course I wont admit that to my DH though!

I wanted a cheeseburger (the entire meal actually) and I ate it all. I am an ass.

And now I am sitting at my desk sick to my stomach.

And I can gurantee that next month when I have a craving I will do it all over again.

Damn You Micky Dees!

Why does it have to be so good?!!

We have been eating clean for about a month now (my DH and I) and working out. I am down 7 pounds and I threw it all out the window this afternoon without so much as a thought as to whether or not I should. Of course I wont admit that to my DH though!

I wanted a cheeseburger (the entire meal actually) and I ate it all. I am an ass.

And now I am sitting at my desk sick to my stomach.

And I can gurantee that next month when I have a craving I will do it all over again.

Damn You Micky Dees!

It takes alot more than one screw up to undo all the good you've done. Don't be so hard on yourself for being human, you're doing great to lose 7 pounds. The only thing I'll disagree with is your choice of places..when I want to cheat, a plate of buffalo wings slathered with blue cheese dressing makes me happier than McDonald's ever could!

I ate McDonald last Fri and Sun. Two times.:eek:. But I am fine with it. I had to take my daughter to her competition in Milwaukee. Friday was qualified round. Thought we would be done with it. But unfortunately, she was qualified to final round. We had to go back Sunday. I ate two Angus 1/3 lb cheesburger - full meal, one on each day. I haven't eat meat like that for a couple months now. So I think I deserved it. Also, when I felt full, I stopped. So both time, I had left most of french fry and half of burger. I did not stuff it all. And today when I weighted myself, I was actually very surprised but happy to find out I am 123.8. The first time in more than 5 years I was down below 125lb. :D I was started as 132. Although it is only 8lb, it was such a long and struggled journey. I am so proud of myself. Another good news, my husband was down more than 20lb for two months. He is trying to eat clean too.

Don't feel guilty. Like other said once a while, it should be fine. Just don't get into habit.

Last edited:
My confession: weekly breakfast at Burger King

Nicolegadino:
Don't feel bad. I eat one breakfast a week (on Saturday's) at Burger King, before my Saturday shopping. I eat two eggs (the only eggs I eat all week), two plain English muffins, and ham (and skip the potatoes and toast).

Is see it as my reward eating well all week.

One thing: I notice an advertisement in front of the Burger King cashier adverising a four-burger Whopper -- now that's bad:mad:!!!! Burger King in its ads pushes unhealthy eating, far more than McD.
-- David

Hey it's okay to have a cheat meal now and then (I would go crazy if I didn't!). Mine's with Mexican Food and it's not good -- probably eat way more calories/fat than my entire intake on a typical day! You have to splurge and have fun every once in a while -- you don't gain fat overnight (although you might gain some pounds from a high sodium meal the night before!), so every once in a while is okay! Enjoy!

options

Actually, I've always hated McD's but there is one local and after a long hard day of working, DH and I went for dinner and I looked online for their best options and found out the grilled chicken - "classic" sandwich isn't that bad and just ask them not to put the mayo on if you like mustard, that is good. Also their salad's have come a long way. And what I did was I had a small vanilla cone for $1 instead of fries and I feel it was a worth while trade.
Not something I do often..
Autumn

I don't care about their burgers/fries, but I really love their shakes!

You'll be fine - just move on and forget about it! :)

Erica

...But So Yummy

I love their sausage and egg mcmuffin w/ a hash brown. Nothing I've eaten at McDonald's satisfies me more than that sandwich. When it is that time of month, I indulge in my favorite comfort foods for one day and that sandwich is the breakfast meal. I plan these cheats because if I don't, I'll lose control and end up ruining the last two and a half weeks of the month.

Don't beat yourself up. No one, not even fitness professionals, can eat clean all the time.

McDonald's has the best french fries ever fried! Yumm! And the chocolate shakes are almost as good as the fries. I get Homer Simpson drool mouth thinking about those darn things.

Don't beat yourself up too much about one meal. And, actually, a cheeseburger isn't the worst thing on the menu, I think it has only about 300 calories. Certainly not the most damaging cheat meal around. Just don't make a cheat meal into a cheat week!

Now, if you adore the french fries like I do, don't look up the calories in those bad boys, you'll be in for a shock:eek:!

when i go down south, i can't resist the popcorn chicken at kentucky fried chicken. they just don't make it the same up north....i guess that's a good thing.

My very favorite chef in the whole world has an introduction in one of his cookbooks Everyday Mexican and other information on his PBS show. Rick Bayless - who I adore, adore, adore - is a lean, beautiful man. He lost about twenty-five pounds in his mid forties. His exercise routine includes yoga and strength training. However regarding eating he has an interesting take on things.

He believes that one of the reasons we all eat so willy-nilly is that we have forgotten the difference between "everyday" eating and feasting (and he doesn't use the term "cheat" meal because he doesn't make eating wrong). He lost his weight by eating "everyday" food (in our terms this would be clean eating) that was flavorful and healthy - nothing packaged, no real sweets, no cream in the coffee or sugary, fatty drinks of any sort. He ate moderate portions and never overindulged. Then ONCE or TWICE a week, he would eat a feast meal - dinner out, or friends over. He didn't act like a glutton, but he allowed himself to be a bit more full than in the "everyday" mode. He believes that we physically NEED to feel this sense of fullness and it keeps us in check - we don't get wild cravings this way. He lost all the weight - you should see him!:rolleyes:

He believes that human culture thrived this way for many, many centuries and it is the loss of feasting that has caused us to feast all the time and brought about our obesity problems. I will tell you - my best results have been when I consciously think in this way. Then I don't feel deprived and then I don't end up ravenously eating McDonalds (not my first choice but it would be something similar, of course). I can really show restraint when I know that I can plan up to two feasts (usually with friends) in a week.

Just some thoughts - and please don't beat yourself up. It isn't worth it. You are wonderful and perfect even after having your "feast" at McDonalds!!

LisaB99 - I like your avatar. When I was younger I watched Kate Mulgrew in a soap opera named Ryan's Hope. She played Mary Ryan. I always loved her voice, so distinctive, at least back then. :)

Don't beat yourself up about it, it happened time to move on. I agree nce a month won't kill you. Maybe next time jsut "prepare" for it. Allow for those extra calories but cutting back before/after & bumping up on wo's. That's what I do if I know I have a treat coming up! :D

i like their french fries.

Add me to that list. You can keep the rest of their menu (okay I like their yogurt parfait's too, but those aren't as evil (except perhaps plenty of HFCS)

To the Original Poster, as everyone said, don't beat yourself up. Look at it as a one time treat and move on. Sometimes the more you beat yourself up, the sooner you find yourself back there

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.